Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group (78944 Views)

Examination Misconduct: BUK Expels 63 Students, Rusticates 13 Others / FUTO Expels 10 Students, Rusticates 103 Over Exam Fraud / University Of Ibadan Rusticates Ojo Aderemi, Its Last Known SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by thunderbabs: 6:48pm On May 27, 2023
Those in power don't want you challenging their authority on anything
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by DaddyJapan(m): 6:48pm On May 27, 2023
Ajisebioyolaari:
Please how can this guy be contacted? I am interested in this case.

This culture of impunity must stop.

I am equally interested and would like to offer practical assistance.

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Killerbag36: 6:49pm On May 27, 2023
nedekid:

Lol, e bi like say na two of them. Yoruba and igbo.

Sad đŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Donake: 6:49pm On May 27, 2023
Muslim Fulanis/Hausas don't take open criticism to authority whether it suits them or not.

He should seek admission elsewhere or get sponsored abroad asap. Nigeria doesn't work as there is no court that can handle his right issue speedily.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OdefaGirl(f): 6:50pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:

It is the SUG body that should speak to the school like educated body and not one your threatening to risk his admission.
Now his admission is gone so whatsup?

There is a fine line between protest and riots

He said..... "Meeting", I don't even know why am replying your posts cz they irritate me.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Sirkingsnado: 6:52pm On May 27, 2023
Igwe my tight friend from mater Christ to alter server iba pope God is with you
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by ezugegere(m): 6:52pm On May 27, 2023
That's the kind of country the Batists want... A country where you don't have freedom of expression.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by richmond500: 6:52pm On May 27, 2023
OdefaGirl:

He said..... "Meeting", I don't even know why am replying your posts cz they irritate me.
I saw all ur mentions and ignore cos they are all stupid.

You should ignore my comment if they irritate u, I never mentioned u anyways
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Stanbaba30: 6:52pm On May 27, 2023
This is sad and unfortunate. But what nobody is talking about is WHO leaked that chat? That is supposed to be an Exco Group Chat, so WHO leaked it? You see this life, not everyone shouting “yes yes yes” is with you. Hopefully God gives him victory ahead. BUT we should be careful of who we call friends and colleagues, so many people just want your downfall. But the truth is that whom God will lift, HE will yet lift. Cheers
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Bobxin: 6:54pm On May 27, 2023
The second paragraph of his post took him out. He gambled with his admission as he promised to do.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Charly68: 6:55pm On May 27, 2023
Who.are the leaders of that school ? They should be taken to court for what they have done wrong.. don't we have democracy again ? Or they assumed we are in a military era ..? Some so called professors are educated illiterate . They don't know management at all. I beg relax your mind as the public will help you fight for your right .This type of nonsense must stop
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by xperiencelove(m): 6:56pm On May 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

Attract foreign students??! From what nations??! To do what exactly??!... Lol! grin
There are thousands of foreign students in Nigeria universities both government owned and private because they are very cheap but they don't make noise to avoid paying in USD as an international students.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OdefaGirl(f): 6:57pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:
so because Nigeria does not give the best opportunities, we should give certificate to potential hooligans?

There is a fine difference between protest and riotous, as a learned person, you have to engage school management and discuss the fees hike.

It is not evil to increase school fees but when students can't pay, the SUG speak for them and not anyone threatening to destroy something

You must definitely have something to do with this News cz I don't get it.... Why are you talking trash all along, sincerely, a woman like me can not be this afraid like a cat.
What's an SUG? Isn't the SUG made up of different offices? If the President has been compromised and some other person sees injustice.... He shouldn't call for an urgent meeting as a matter of fact?
Did he threaten to destroy anyone or school property? Liar!!
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by xperiencelove(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2023
RacistProudIgbo:
And this is a country that wants to attract foreign students?

The name Nigeria is becoming a joke under the clown called bihari.. let's see what Papa emilekon will do.

Who tell you that wrong info that foreign students is not in Nigeria?
There are thousands of foreign students in Nigeria universities both government owned and private because they are very cheap but they don't make noise to avoid paying in USD as an international student.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OdefaGirl(f): 7:07pm On May 27, 2023
nairalanda1:
The elephant in the room is high school fees.

Many of us think that we are paying high school fees in Nigeria. We are not. We are paying low school fees. And it is one of the reasons why our universities are perpetually broke.

You cannot build world class university on fees lesa than 100000 naira. Even ten times that is not enough.

Abuja university fees are now at 62000 naira. That is basically less than 1000 dollars. And we want it to look like universities on fees of 30000 dollars.

Are you now trying to compare our currency value with dollars?
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OdefaGirl(f): 7:09pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:
I saw all ur mentions and ignore cos they are all stupid.

You should ignore my comment if they irritate u, I never mentioned u anyways

Yet you replied this one, you jittery kitten
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Banhammy717: 7:12pm On May 27, 2023
The guy should go to Berekete Family Radio
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by superCleanworks(m): 7:15pm On May 27, 2023
ArcFresky:

One of the many problems of Nigeria is rule of law.
But since there is no rule, better beg or find another school

the absolute worst part of this is how his fellow FUTURE OF NIGERIA will stand back and watch this injustice reign supreme.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Benwallt(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2023
davillian:
The comment is not enough to get him rusticated.....
You see that uniabuja na one very useless school...
Though I graduated from there but the school is full of shiiit

You spent at least four good year inside shit. Your language is harsh. You can use more moderate words
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Monaboo(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2023
The Vice Chancellor or his personal spy is in that WhatsApp group.

Quote me anywhere
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:18pm On May 27, 2023
grandstar:
Though right leaning, I am a fan of low cost university education. It has helped many poor rise to the middle class and above. At times, an entire family benefits.

funded by who that's the question...? Taxes ll have to be increased and tax net increased if govt has to subsidize university education remember university degree is just a luxury... What govt owe pple much is primary and high school education which should be free and qualitative...
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Kingbuhari(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2023
God has lifted him already watch as he get admission in Canada in days to come .. the power of social media is too much
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Donpenny(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2023
shocked
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Ganjafama(m): 7:24pm On May 27, 2023
tunjijones:
Dem send you go school, you dey go do aluta. Shey dem don expel you from school, go continue the aluta for your papa house
Injustice prevails when men refuse to fight for their right.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:24pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:
In Dubai, a lady asked immigration what she did for delaying her and she was arrested for asking that.
If something like that could get u arrested in an emirate that works, then the guys comment is enough to rusticate him.

As a director of social, he shouldn't make that comment
is he sug official? He should have known there are better ways to handle situations with negotiation with school Management an sug official shouldn't be posting anyhow on social media cos it can trigger mob action... But the repremind from school authorities is to harsh...
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by kpompey: 7:25pm On May 27, 2023
Good you brought here. The VC has no power over the president. There should be a social agitation over this and I am sure if Tinubu sees this, you will be reinstated immediately.He promised the youth and he will never let the youth and student down. Operation reinstate Cyprian Igwe.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by CaptainFM1: 7:26pm On May 27, 2023
ArcFresky:

One of the many problems of Nigeria is rule of law.

No one follows rules anymore including the Judges, the rule enforcers, the people rules are enforced on, no one.

In a country where the rules are followed, by now this guy should be a millionaire.

E for Just sue the school for wrongful termination, infringement on right, mental abuse
. So many things to sue for.

But since there is no rule, better beg or find another school

You see that mental abuse...,Oyinbo no dey take am play. If you can just prove am, the school go receive heavy fine.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:30pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:
exactly.
Certificate is given based on character and learning.

If u no get character, u no deserve the certificate
u are having hard time enlightening pple here pple just assume u burn everything to ground cos one is aggrieved... Same way pple made a mess of endsars protest... As director of socials he had no business making that Post... That should be the Cal of director of information or secretary general and social media isn't the best medium to organize students to avoid hijack
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Iceberg3: 7:30pm On May 27, 2023
tunjijones:
Dem send you go school, you dey go do aluta. Shey dem don expel you from school, go continue the aluta for your papa house

You and inoki247 are a disgrace
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Gbeng30(m): 7:34pm On May 27, 2023
This is the problem we Will continue to have when some people feel they are above the law and nobody can question their authority..

Its quite unfortunate that such things has become a norm in this country
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 27, 2023
richmond500:

It is the SUG body that should speak to the school like educated body and not one your threatening to risk his admission.
Now his admission is gone so whatsup?

There is a fine line between protest and riots

Whatever son. I have noticed that some Nigerians love to be oppressed just so they can have something to complain about.
Never in this life time or the next will you catch me in a Nigerian university, so if this life of timidity is what they teach you, then the future is super bleeped up.

If an institution of higher learning or a governor or a religious head can be threatned by a social media post, then your elders have really failed u guys.
Re: University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group by Gerard28: 7:40pm On May 27, 2023
9jabox:
Following the upwards review of school fees in the university of Abuja which has made a lot of students either drop out or struggle to pay, the school’s director of Socials (SUG) made a post on their WhatsApp group asking that students speak up and call the school to listen to their plights, the chat was leaked and the school authority got wind of it.

He was later rusticated for his remonstration and asked to leave the school immediately.

https://twitter.com/CyprianIgwe3/status/1662186890659807255?t=Emj7AjPC43T0OUZwQtzSuw&s=19

Igwe had said, “Good evening, house. We will be having a meeting tomorrow by 6:00 pm in regards to school fees, let’s know our way forward. I am deeply in pain, many students can’t pay, I hope the SUG President is in this group. I need everyone’s ideas.

“I’d rather risk my life, my admission than seeing thousands of students drop out. If the spirit of Aluta lives in us, it has to wake up. Please be part of this meeting.”

Omor that one wey reply "I'm with you on this" go dey do serious Thanksgiving Right now grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture) / 2017/2018 NNPC/CHEVRON Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates Thread / See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.