Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

"Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin (41265 Views)

Nigeria Air Is Rented - David Hundeyin / David Hundeyin Accuses Ukraine Of Committing War Crimes Against African Students / The Ethiopian Airlines All Female Crew Who Flew From Addis Ababa To Lagos (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by MrBONE2(m): 7:58am On May 28, 2023
grin
DMerciful:
APC is a fraud! Bubu is a fraud

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by jaytee01(m): 8:00am On May 28, 2023
post=123408599:

David Hundeyin JSS2 in 2003?
U go come dey make mouth dey abuse people wey senior your fada and all your aunties and uncles in life?!
See wetin social media don cause.
Even the youngest one among us @MANNA,
U can never be close to her in everything in life.
Your disrespectful nature will be your end....if you don't watch it David.

We Rise

Sharrap dere!

Mkpi.....rise to where? If you spend your entire life following and sniffing the butt of criminals, what does that make you?
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by frenzy48: 8:07am On May 28, 2023
okoliobinna84:
Send me a dm or drop your WhatsApp number.
ok.08093670685
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by BreconHills(m): 8:12am On May 28, 2023
DamnnNiggarr:

https://twitter.com/DavidHundeyin/status/1662541681906917376?t=nxybHSgMr0yDsAqrl_c8nw&s=19

Photo op for sure but has it ever crossed your mind that Ethiopian Airways is the majority investor in Nigeria Air? Has it also crossed your mind that Nigeria Air is being sued by private Nigeria airlines and that Ethiopian Airways may not want their plane made subject of that suit?

Has it been confirmed that the plane was empty?

Nothing wrong in leasing a plane from your majority investor - photo op yes, crime no.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Difrent: 8:13am On May 28, 2023
taylor89:
You’ll never see like of hellinus, madridguy, LeoDeKing, seunmsg and rest supporters and benefactors of that Irigbaji disabled senile Urine distributor

It shall never be well with anyone who supports this evil government that has held the entire 250 million Nigerians hostage

May the blood of whomever that has died because of this evil government hunt all APC supporters

Voting for Tinubu should be a deadly crime that’s tantamount to death by hanging

Tinubu that will use one month federal allocation to sniff cocaine and keep face like monkey wey lick lime

Na this kind disheartening news dey make person penis fall

Its because you people in your haste to make the government look bad refuse to pay attention to details.
So What if its a repainted Ethiopian airline plane?.Ethiopian air is a major shareholder in Nigerian air , FG only owns 5%.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by BreconHills(m): 8:15am On May 28, 2023
Difrent:

Its because you people in your haste to make the government look bad refuse to pay attention to details.
So What if its a repainted Ethiopian airline plane?.Ethiopian air is a major shareholder in Nigerian air , FG only owns 5%.

Liked x1000 times..
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by goldmatrix(m): 8:39am On May 28, 2023
At your age you are still talking like a toddler? At your age

post=123408599:

David Hundeyin JSS2 in 2003?
U go come dey make mouth dey abuse people wey senior your fada and all your aunties and uncles in life?!
See wetin social media don cause.
Even the youngest one among us @MANNA,
U can never be close to her in everything in life.
Your disrespectful nature will be your end....if you don't watch it David.

We Rise
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 8:49am On May 28, 2023
Realist12:
Lol, this dude should just go back to fictional writings.
He thinks this is supa strika ?
Well Obidients will gulp any rumor directed against the APC government.

Who is talking about tracking of airplane?
I'm only talking about his penchant for rumor mongering talking about a paint job on the plane .
Do you also believe the plane was flown to be repainted in Ethiopia ?
So, how did the plane get Nigeria Air colours of it was not repainted when it's established it belongs to Ethiopian Airlines
Or are you simply worried about the detail of where exactly it was painted being wrong?
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 8:58am On May 28, 2023
Tzar:
But a real time video of the tracking is better evidence, than a picture that can be doctored. I can quickly edit that picture to show you that flight flew to PHC instead, just for fun.
A video of tracking a plane?
Are you serious?
You know, it's funny that you're quick to be skeptic about investigations painting the present govt in bad light that you go to any length to discredit it wedging while you were quick to believe any bad report about the former govts
Flightradar is an app. You can download and check yourself if the info is correct or not
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by RealLordZeus(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2023
naturefellow:
RealLordZeus you are yet to jerk over this sequel
grin grin.. its still no news
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by morikee: 9:38am On May 28, 2023
bionixs:
shame on you !
Shame on you too awon werey
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 9:57am On May 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Look at all the rubbish you wrote just to defend corruption.
You're here supporting a live scam right under our noses.
Can you explain the purpose of bringing the plane to Nigeria only to take it back after 24hrs?
Is that part of leasing agreement or what?
Some of you need to start using your brains

I have already explained in my post why the plane flew to Nigeria. It was an unveiling not the beginning of an operation!
As I mentioned in my post why should Ethiopian be involved with this corruption? What do they get out of it? It appears Nigeria education has suffered seriously and people are just pulling stuff right from their arses and going with it. I also think our ancestors are not happy with us as we have adopted others peoples religion and not using our head any more . Your post is an example!. It is like just talking but not saying anything sensible. Bring some facts to the table not some child's play corruption , corruption . What do you know about corruption?

In the latest development concerning the establishment of Nigeria Air, Ethiopian Airlines (ET) CEO Mesfin Tasew, has confirmed that the new proposed flag carrier is ready for launch, however, only one obstacle remains.

In a podcast interview on April 13, 2023, with Avia Dev Insight Africa’s host and CEO, Jon Howel, Tasew confirmed that “excellent progress” had been made towards Nigeria Air’s establishment and that ET had already agreed “on nearly all terms” with all stakeholders in the new carrier.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 10:09am On May 28, 2023
babaolofin:

Thanks for taking time to write this explanation. I should have done that but because of that boy - David Hundeyi n who is the carrier of the propaganda. He is an expert in propaganda. I have already passed a judgement ahead of him that he is going to spend time in prison when times comes.

Since last year, it was announced that Ethiopian Airlines is the Technical Partner with 49% shares. The Aviation sector knows the meaning. There is an ongoing Court case . Air Nigeria cannot fly until the Court case is settled.

The Minister made mistake by trying to show Nigerians his achievement before May 26 which was the last working day of the administration.

Hundeyin did not do any journalism. Some embittered people working in the Minister's office that pretended they are loyal to the Minister because they can speak Hausa just sent the details of last minute communications between the Ethiopian Airlines and that of the Minister to him. The same thing happened when a telex message of the payment by NEMA to MaxAir instructing CBN to release money was posted online. Anywhere you find them in government offices they are the Intelligence representatives of their people in that unit.

David, Rufai and Sahara news are not suffering from national scepticism but are fighting psychological warfare based on propaganda.

The Minister made mistake by making arrangement with Ethiopian Airlines to bring the plane while there is a Court case on ground . Painting and returning to Ethiopia is not news as well.

Maybe a mistake but remember he has been saying that Nigeria Air will be unveil before the the end of the Buhari's tenure. We all know it is highly unlikely, but the man is just trying to work towards it. He is just being human. If the unveiling of the plane didn't take plane then that will affect his credibility forever. At least we know it is work in progress and I am confident it will be a great success.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 11:28am On May 28, 2023
chiself:

I have already explained in my post why the plane flew to Nigeria. It was an unveiling not the beginning of an operation!
As I mentioned in my post why should Ethiopian be involved with this corruption? What do they get out of it? It appears Nigeria education has suffered seriously and people are just pulling stuff right from their arses and going with it. I also think our ancestors are not happy with us as we have adopted others peoples religion and not using our head any more . Your post is an example!. It is like just talking but not saying anything sensible. Bring some facts to the table not some child's play corruption , corruption . What do you know about corruption?

In the latest development concerning the establishment of Nigeria Air, Ethiopian Airlines (ET) CEO Mesfin Tasew, has confirmed that the new proposed flag carrier is ready for launch, however, only one obstacle remains.

In a podcast interview on April 13, 2023, with Avia Dev Insight Africa’s host and CEO, Jon Howel, Tasew confirmed that “excellent progress” had been made towards Nigeria Air’s establishment and that ET had already agreed “on nearly all terms” with all stakeholders in the new carrier.

Shut up and stop writing trash. What exactly do you mean by it's unveiling and not beginning of operation. Your warped logic is akin to doing housewarming party for a house yet to be completed.
What is the point of painting an aircraft in Nigeria Air colours just so we can snap pictures? Are we that much of a joke? You guys support nonsense point because your favourite politicians are the ones doing it. I remember the rain of insults when Jonathan was said to commission the beginning of works on 2nd Niger Bridge. People derided him that he was commissioning a drawing board. But today, some folks like you are defending painting of an aircraft. The baloney!!

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 12:29pm On May 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Shut up and stop writing trash. What exactly do you mean by it's unveiling and not beginning of operation. Your warped logic is akin to doing housewarming party for a house yet to be completed.
What is the point of painting an aircraft in Nigeria Air colours just so we can snap pictures? Are we that much of a joke? You guys support nonsense point because your favourite politicians are the ones doing it. I remember the rain of insults when Jonathan was said to commission the beginning of works on 2nd Niger Bridge. People derided him that he was commissioning a drawing board. But today, some folks like you are defending painting of an aircraft. The baloney!!

Normally in other places in the world, this wouldn't have happen, but he knowns the country suffers from a wide spread disease called scepticism. I am sure he is regretting it now, but that is Nigeria for you. You just can't win and why I am convinced it is cursed. No one can do anything right!

I asked again why should Ethiopian Airlines be part of your stupid games? What do they get out of it?

I have no favourite politician whatsoever. Again another mistake you people make. It is policies and the implementation of it that will save Nigeria not personalities. You always blame politician not knowing you are actually the biggest part of the problem. Someone from your tribe won't save you!
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by HRMK: 1:38pm On May 28, 2023
ARE YOU SAYING THIS MINISTER HAS TAKEN THE WHOLE COUNTRY FOR A RIDE?UNBELIEVABLE!
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by naturefellow(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2023
RealLordZeus:
grin grin.. its still no news
to yourself
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by lexy2014: 2:14pm On May 28, 2023
THeUNIFIER:
Nigerians are the most unfortunate humans in the world. We're nigh scam proof to foreigners and to ourselves to some extent but not to our government. You know why? Because we're too busy being petty to really see what's going wrong. While we squabble over tribalism and religion, the government is fleecing our future and that of our unborns' dry.

you got that right. the truth lies in front of us but many have chosen to be blind to it. they will jump out to defend the indefensible and attack you when you speak the truth. its more unfortunate when the so called educated are in the majority of the blind
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by slymansun: 3:05pm On May 28, 2023
I knew from Day 1 that this is a scam.
There is no Nigerian Air.
Not only are Buhari and APC crooks and unrepentant failures, they are also comedians.
We will never forget Buhari as the man that unleashed Hell on us. Frankly speaking, Buhari was sent by the devil to torment us.
Chai! This govt is a total failure.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 3:32pm On May 28, 2023
chiself:

Normally in other places in the world, this wouldn't have happen, but he knowns the country suffers from a wide spread disease called scepticism. I am sure he is regretting it now, but that is Nigeria for you. You just can't win and why I am convinced it is cursed. No one can do anything right!

I asked again why should Ethiopian Airlines be part of your stupid games? What do they get out of it?

I have no favourite politician whatsoever. Again another mistake you people make. It is policies and the implementation of it that will save Nigeria not personalities. You always blame politician not knowing you are actually the biggest part of the problem. Someone from your tribe won't save you!
Who has mentioned tribe here. I only asked you a direct question. How did you view Jonathan's commissioning of the 2nd Niger bridge's plan.
The only person playing a stupid game is Sirika and don't make it look like Ethiopia is one country that's so high up there they won't do something unethical to gain some advantage. They are presently in court because what Sirika signed with them is illegal and against the country's aviation laws. While you ask that question, you forgot to ask what exactly was the point of showing off a jet or two that never carried any passenger? I thought what will be significant will be the first flight or something like that and not a single appearance of a jet in Nigeria Air colors.
Again, if it's policy you're talking about, is it a good policy to allow an already established international airline access to our local market under the guise of a national carrier? Are we killing our local airlines or strengthening them?
With the granting of government backed access to our local routes to Ethiopian airlines and without breaking a sweat too, and with the resources available to them, are we not making it easy for them to kill our local airlines? What happened to picking Air Peace, Arik or Azman as our national carrier and making the necessary financial structure available for it to play internationally instead of killing them?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by aestake: 4:25pm On May 28, 2023
okoliobinna84:
We really need to do a general thanksgiving after the hand over. Nigerians went through a lot in the hands of these rogues.

We saw shege...I personally saw shege banza
More shege to come.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 4:28pm On May 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Who has mentioned tribe here. I only asked you a direct question. How did you view Jonathan's commissioning of the 2nd Niger bridge's plan.
The only person playing a stupid game is Sirika and don't make it look like Ethiopia is one country that's so high up there they won't do something unethical to gain some advantage. They are presently in court because what Sirika signed with them is illegal and against the country's aviation laws. While you ask that question, you forgot to ask what exactly was the point of showing off a jet or two that never carried any passenger? I thought what will be significant will be the first flight or something like that and not a single appearance of a jet in Nigeria Air colors.
Again, if it's policy you're talking about, is it a good policy to allow an already established international airline access to our local market under the guise of a national carrier? Are we killing our local airlines or strengthening them?
With the granting of government backed access to our local routes to Ethiopian airlines and without breaking a sweat too, and with the resources available to them, are we not making it easy for them to kill our local airlines? What happened to picking Air Peace, Arik or Azman as our national carrier and making the necessary financial structure available for it to play internationally instead of killing them?

One of the reason why Nigeria is finding it difficult getting anyway. There is nothing wrong with competition. Those who are trying to stop it are anti competition. If their services is so good then they shouldn't have any fear for healthy competition. The same thing is happening to banking sector we saw from here what happened a few months ago where you were all begging for your own money, but the world has move on. We have digital banks. To open an account takes less than 5 minutes, no more crap from the legacy banks, but it seems Nigeria is still living in past, yet you keep complaining but don't want to move forward.

The British government have 0% in British Airways, and remember going forward Ethiopian Airlines could sell their shares which could be sold to a Nigerian entity. If you are still thinking that Nigeria government can run Nigeria Air then you are living in cloud cuckoo land!

Like I said Nigeria Air could be one of the most successful airlines in African, but personally I wouldn't hold my breath because of people like you. The purpose of showing the jet, I have said above it is an unveiling. It is not yet ready, but it is in progress and I have already posted an article from the CEO of Ethiopian Airlines saying that all is ready, but delayed by the Nigerians stopping the progress.

Some history on Emirates, (a Nigerian favourite)

Emirates was conceived on 15 March 1985, with backing from Dubai's royal family, with Pakistan International Airlines giving two of the airline's first aircraft. With $10 million in start-up capital, it was required to operate independently of government subsidy. Pakistan International Airlines provided free training facilities to Emirates' cabin crew at Karachi airport.

Some history on Pakistan International Airlines

On 30 June 2020, PIA was banned from flying in European airspace initially for six months, starting on 1 July 2020, and then indefinitely after EASA determined that the airline was not capable of certifying and overseeing its operators and aircraft in accordance with applicable international standards. This decision was made soon after it was revealed that at least a third of all pilot's licences issued in Pakistan were not genuine. By 9 July 2020, the airline was also banned by the United Kingdom and the United States.

I hope you can see how with the support of the UAE, Emirates is now one of the world's leading airlines, but for the first instinct of Nigerians is to criticize because you are natural born sceptics!

The question is: Is there a Nigeria Air work in progress? YES or NO.
No one said it is ready, so you or Rufai can't book a ticket online as of now!

Please Nigerians try being positive!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by aestake: 4:30pm On May 28, 2023
Tzar:
What kind of stupid post is this? So you cannot furnish us with the registration and flight number so that we can track ourselves real time? You post a route picture that can be doctored by dumb person & expect sane people to believe it?
Anyone can even easily track the flight history of an aircraft using the flight number & registration on tracking apps like FlightAware & FlightRadar24
So you believe Ethiopian airline will allow Nigeria air to compete with them?
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by okoliobinna84(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2023
aestake:

More shege to come.
To tear you slap now just dey hungry me.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by AssCraver: 6:11pm On May 28, 2023
Karemarealty288:
Chai.....this guy is just pain in the ass of fraudsters.... grin

And that’s why they hate him. Some were even here explaining and justifying why Ethiopians should service Nigeria air for us
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Karemarealty288(m): 6:31pm On May 28, 2023
AssCraver:

And that’s why they hate him. Some were even here explaining and justifying why Ethiopians should service Nigeria air for us

The forum is full of ignoramus that had never travelled to saner and organised countries to experience good governance...I wish they do, many of them will come back and become rebellious.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 7:15pm On May 28, 2023
chiself:

One of the reason why Nigeria is finding it difficult getting anyway. There is nothing wrong with competition. Those who are trying to stop it are anti competition. If their services is so good then they shouldn't have any fear for healthy competition. The same thing is happening to banking sector we saw from here what happened a few months ago where you were all begging for your own money, but the world has move on. We have digital banks. To open an account takes less than 5 minutes, no more crap from the legacy banks, but it seems Nigeria is still living in past, yet you keep complaining but don't want to move forward.

The British government have 0% in British Airways, and remember going forward Ethiopian Airlines could sell their shares which could be sold to a Nigerian entity. If you are still thinking that Nigeria government can run Nigeria Air then you are living in cloud cuckoo land!

Like I said Nigeria Air could be one of the most successful airlines in African, but personally I wouldn't hold my breath because of people like you. The purpose of showing the jet, I have said above it is an unveiling. It is not yet ready, but it is in progress and I have already posted an article from the CEO of Ethiopian Airlines saying that all is ready, but delayed by the Nigerians stopping the progress.

Some history on Emirates, (a Nigerian favourite)

Emirates was conceived on 15 March 1985, with backing from Dubai's royal family, with Pakistan International Airlines giving two of the airline's first aircraft. With $10 million in start-up capital, it was required to operate independently of government subsidy. Pakistan International Airlines provided free training facilities to Emirates' cabin crew at Karachi airport.

Some history on Pakistan International Airlines

On 30 June 2020, PIA was banned from flying in European airspace initially for six months, starting on 1 July 2020, and then indefinitely after EASA determined that the airline was not capable of certifying and overseeing its operators and aircraft in accordance with applicable international standards. This decision was made soon after it was revealed that at least a third of all pilot's licences issued in Pakistan were not genuine. By 9 July 2020, the airline was also banned by the United Kingdom and the United States.

I hope you can see how with the support of the UAE, Emirates is now one of the world's leading airlines, but for the first instinct of Nigerians is to criticize because you are natural born sceptics!

The question is: Is there a Nigeria Air work in progress? YES or NO.
No one said it is ready, so you or Rufai can't book a ticket online as of now!

Please Nigerians try being positive!
This is hypocrisy at best and absurdity at worst.
You're claiming competition for something that's against our national aviation laws.
May i ask. Do you support the banning of importation of sugar and cement so that Dangote and Co can grow? Do you support the closing of the border to improve rice production? You see, this govt has been the most protective of our local industries since the time of OBJ. So it's simply nonsense to claim same govt wants to open up the market to competition, and not just that, but also giving the foreign companies support to be stronger than the local ones. That's a classical case of policy somersault or maybe you're just ignorant of the posture of the govt you support.

It's also funny you think Nigerian govt can't run Nigerian Air but a company 100% owned by Ethiopia can. I suggest we kuku handover FG to Ethiopia.
And you're dead wrong! Nigeria Air is being modeled as a subsidiary of Ethiopia airline and I've never heard of where a subsidiary overtakes its parent in same business. It's like saying Fanta will overtake Coke.

Simple common sense should dictate that you don't unveil something that's not ready or still in the work. It's a case of premature ejaculation or should I say premature birth.
With all your captions, I didn't see where the said airlines borrowed planes for media blitz or sold majority shares to their would-be competitor.
Stop comparing apples with oranges

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Newton2024: 7:39pm On May 28, 2023
morikee:
Wailer
May your destiny be scammed and embezzled the same way Buhari did to Nigeria.
Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 8:38pm On May 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is hypocrisy at best and absurdity at worst.
You're claiming competition for something that's against our national aviation laws.
May i ask. Do you support the banning of importation of sugar and cement so that Dangote and Co can grow? Do you support the closing of the border to improve rice production? You see, this govt has been the most protective of our local industries since the time of OBJ. So it's simply nonsense to claim same govt wants to open up the market to competition, and not just that, but also giving the foreign companies support to be stronger than the local ones. That's a classical case of policy somersault or maybe you're just ignorant of the posture of the govt you support.

If Dangote sugar and cement is not competitive then yes you allow the importation. The consumers must be the winner not the producers. It is such inefficiencies that is bringing Nigeria down. This will force local markets to be competitive. Dangote is operating in other African countries, so why would you want to close your market and expect other countries market to open their door for you? Markets have to be competitive. It is this old school protectionist attitude that is not making Nigeria competitive and why your services are below standard. You have to introduce competition. You can give a head start but not forever!

It's also funny you think Nigerian govt can't run Nigerian Air but a company 100% owned by Ethiopia can. I suggest we kuku handover FG to Ethiopia.
And you're dead wrong! Nigeria Air is being modeled as a subsidiary of Ethiopia airline and I've never heard of where a subsidiary overtakes its parent in same business. It's like saying Fanta will overtake Coke.

You may be suffering from amnesia, Nigeria Airways, does that ring a bell? An example of an airlines run to the ground by the Nigeria government. Are you looking for part two? As I said in earlier post Ethiopian Airlines have been very successful at this, they have the secret formula, there are a case study and you can search for this online. Nigeria Air will be a partner and not a subsidiary that is why the shareholding structure is set up like that. It is a Nigerian majority owned company, but yes the technical partner is Ethiopian Airlines and yes they will indeed be teaching Nigeria a thing, African giant, get over it. I gave you the example of Emirates and PIA. Emirates was not a subsidiary of PIA, nor is Nigeria Air a subsidiary of Emirates.

Simple common sense should dictate that you don't unveil something that's not ready or still in the work. It's a case of premature ejaculation or should I say premature birth.
With all your captions, I didn't see where the said airlines borrowed planes for media blitz or sold majority shares to their would-be competitor.
Stop comparing apples with oranges

Like I said in other countries they wouldn't have unveil the airlines but it is Nigeria. 8 years from now Rufai will still be saying did the minister delivered the airlines during his tenure? it is premature but he had to do something.

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by Kukutenla: 10:58pm On May 28, 2023
[quote author=chiself post=123428307][/quote]
This is a joke
It seems you just want to defend the indefensible by making up things as you go along.
May I ask if it's really true even to you that our local routes are not competitive? We actually have more than five local carriers. So this your claim is totally bogus. You also sidestepped the illegality aspect of the deal with Ethiopian Airlines as if whatever economic principle you espouse trumps the rule of law. You're just not reading, assimilating and comprehending the facts. This govt is protectionist. Both sides have their pros and cons. So it's only a rudderless govt that dangles in-between. That creates room for uncertainty and speculation which is known to be bad for any serious financial economy. What you're doing is claiming the govt got it right for aviation, regardless of how shabby, corrupt and inefficient the result is, but should be given the benefit of doubt in the case of Dangote because of an "if". Its intellectual dishonesty to be frank.
And for your info, Ethiopia actually runs a protectionist policy on its local travels. No airline is allowed to use planes carrying more than 50 passengers and there are a number of routes available to only Ethiopian airlines. That's the airline you want your local operators to compete against using your national carrier and govt backing. If there's a more apt definition for economic myopia, I'll struggle to find it.

You're quick to call Nigeria Airways. What you don't realise is that's a tacit admission that our govt is totally useless if Ethiopian govt can run an airline successfully and ours cannot. It's not about being giant of Africa. In economic terms, Ethiopia does not hold a candle to Nigeria but here you are shamelessly projecting that our govt can't run an airline successfully but can maintain a fleet of ten planes for the president.
Get real man!!
There's no secret formula anywhere to running an airline other than prudent and focused management. Nigerian govt is not the majority shareholder. It shows you lack knowledge of these things to say so. NSIA is totally different from the Nigerian govt, both structurally and corporate-wise. You can talk about having an influence, yes. But to all intents and purposes, in the eyes of the law, Ethiopian Airlines is the majority shareholder with a huge say on how the airline eventually turns out, thus making Nigeria Air effectively a subsidiary. No human with common sense will expect Ethiopian Airlines to build Nigeria Air up to a level it will compete favorably with its own fleet. There goes your theory on competition!

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Air" Heads Back To Addis Ababa — David Hundeyin by chiself: 12:31am On May 29, 2023
Kukutenla:

This is a joke
It seems you just want to defend the indefensible by making up things as you go along.
May I ask if it's really true even to you that our local routes are not competitive? We actually have more than five local carriers. So this your claim is totally bogus. You also sidestepped the illegality aspect of the deal with Ethiopian Airlines as if whatever economic principle you espouse trumps the rule of law. You're just not reading, assimilating and comprehending the facts. This govt is protectionist. Both sides have their pros and cons. So it's only a rudderless govt that dangles in-between. That creates room for uncertainty and speculation which is known to be bad for any serious financial economy. What you're doing is claiming the govt got it right for aviation, regardless of how shabby, corrupt and inefficient the result is, but should be given the benefit of doubt in the case of Dangote because of an "if". Its intellectual dishonesty to be frank.
And for your info, Ethiopia actually runs a protectionist policy on its local travels. No airline is allowed to use planes carrying more than 50 passengers and there are a number of routes available to only Ethiopian airlines. That's the airline you want your local operators to compete against using your national carrier and govt backing. If there's a more apt definition for economic myopia, I'll struggle to find it.

You're quick to call Nigeria Airways. What you don't realise is that's a tacit admission that our govt is totally useless if Ethiopian govt can run an airline successfully and ours cannot. It's not about being giant of Africa. In economic terms, Ethiopia does not hold a candle to Nigeria but here you are shamelessly projecting that our govt can't run an airline successfully but can maintain a fleet of ten planes for the president.
Get real man!!
There's no secret formula anywhere to running an airline other than prudent and focused management. Nigerian govt is not the majority shareholder. It shows you lack knowledge of these things to say so. NSIA is totally different from the Nigerian govt, both structurally and corporate-wise. You can talk about having an influence, yes. But to all intents and purposes, in the eyes of the law, Ethiopian Airlines is the majority shareholder with a huge say on how the airline eventually turns out, thus making Nigeria Air effectively a subsidiary. No human with common sense will expect Ethiopian Airlines to build Nigeria Air up to a level it will compete favorably with its own fleet. There goes your theory on competition!

Ok, I think we are going back and forth but it is more like deja vu for me because I have had such arguments 15 years ago about things like fuel subsidy which was like a taboo subject back then but seems more are now onboard but still no guts to do the inevitable.

Your assumptions are different from mine and that is why I stated right from the beginning the scepticism in the blood. I meet lots of people like you who think you have the answer but 20 years down the line we are still on the same topic. By the way I come from the school of economic thought which believes in less government intervention and that government have no business running businesses .So yes, Nigeria government will indeed be useless running any business, but not just Nigeria government. You don't need to go far for case studies. Evidence is all around you. Even in the UK, I saw the transition from nationalisation to privatisation.

You see this as a subsidiary but I don't. 51% is in the hand of Nigerians (Not Nigerian govt) and that make it a Nigerian company. This again is common sense in every part of the world, but trust Nigerians to have their own definition and interpretation like they are living in a different planet!

You talk about breaking Aviation law but to tell you the truth I haven't got a clue about that. Also I will have preferred if companies like Air Peace and other to fly the national flag. I am not also saying that it is a must that Nigeria government should set up a new national carrier but what I am saying is that is now in progress, support it, nothing dodgy about it, no it is not an Ethiopian airlines subsidiary, it is a technical partner and I gave reason about the unveiling and why it was done in such a rush, trying to add it to the legacy list.

Also do remember that Nigerian government have previously subsidies the airlines now complaining about Air Nigeria. From the government point of view they want to see this sector grow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obituary Of The Only Daughter Killed In Road Accident In Igbariam (Photo) / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? / Audi Smashes Into 11 Luxury Supercars In London In ₦442m Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.