Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows (6832 Views)

WATER BILL: NO LAND IN BENUE ORTOM VOWS TO RESIST FG’S BILL CEDING NIGERIA BY... / Jonathan May Not Run On APC Ticket / Obasanjo Must Follow Me To EFCC - Governor Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by NwekeUG(m): 5:21am On May 28, 2023
Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom of has vowed not to run from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) when called upon to give an account of how he spent money of his state, IGBERETV reports.

Speaking at his cabinet's valedictory session held at the old banquet hall of Government House, Makurdi, Ortom said he is not a coward. He urged his council members not to entertain any fear whenever the EFCC invites them for questioning.

He said;

“Anytime you are invited by EFCC, don’t be afraid to go, as for me I’m not a coward to run away from EFCC, if they come for me I will follow them.

“I don’t have any investment in Europe all I have are in this state. If I have committed any crime let the person come and show me.”

Speaking further, Ortom thanked his council members for their contributions to the successes recorded by his administration in the past eight years. He also thanked them for praising him and promised to ensure they continue to build their relationship.

https://igberetvnews.com/1445818/will-run-efcc-governor-ortom-vows/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by saintjimos(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2023
Let the drama of sickness begin

Our political class are full of comedians when they leave power

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Flick490(m): 7:08am On May 28, 2023
ORTOMatic failure. Efcc will pick you up soon. Be getting ready. You remain the worst governor Benue ever had since it's creation. Posterity will judge you.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by MrMystrO(m): 8:04am On May 28, 2023
Lol
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by NwekeUG(m): 8:09am On May 28, 2023
nlfpmod
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Advancedpenis: 8:18am On May 28, 2023
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a guinea conackry cocaine sniffing animal

3 Likes

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by dynicks(m): 8:43am On May 28, 2023
Efcc right now mounting watch!!

Back quarters secured.....over!!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Tonnierichy(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2023
Lol. E don dey fear. Anybody said anything about Efcc coming for you? Clown. Fact you don't have investment don't mean you've not stashed plenty cash somewhere onshore or offshore.

If you had stolen to built some industries with state funds, at least you would created jobs for lots of people. But you are typical Nigerian leader. You'll rather donate to church than build things that'll better the lives of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by olahero(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2023
grin
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by smokinloud(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2023
Okay, fully observing

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by inoki247: 8:46am On May 28, 2023
Lol nobody say make you run....

U no kuku build ordinary Gutter for Benue people....

2 Likes

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by DevilsEqual(m): 8:46am On May 28, 2023
Why is he telling us

But the thing is, I heard he's been owing workers for months now despite the FG grant of Paris club....so it he neither embezzled nor paid the workers?

Then where the F is the money he keeps collecting every month

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Blake755: 8:47am On May 28, 2023
Abeg arrest the werey even this life is all about work and chop
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by fasho01(m): 8:48am On May 28, 2023
Don't run but be ready to give account of your stewardship cos nothing points to the good use of Benue resources that was in your care
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:50am On May 28, 2023
Advancedpenis:
stop wailing for how many years are you going to crying 😢 like this Buhari 8yrs have gone still you still want to continue with another person
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by obotematics: 8:51am On May 28, 2023
You nefa chi Abi see somchin
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Nellybank(m): 8:52am On May 28, 2023
That's your business. Group of thieves who cares nothing about this nation

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Lama70(m): 8:58am On May 28, 2023
Ortom...from pdp to apc to LP.
Don't panic yet.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Betanaija42moro: 9:09am On May 28, 2023
A
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Deeprooted: 9:55am On May 28, 2023
grin
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by MuMuOnBail: 11:30am On May 28, 2023
na wa ooo

If EFCC eventually catch this man, he should be shot to death on the spot.

This man is the one causing the whole Fulani crisis in Benue and he is also big thief.

Argue with your dick
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by dontiky: 11:52am On May 28, 2023
The whole benue indigenes want this thief arrested. He is the worst governor Nigeria and the state ever had. He has made many people lost their lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by MisterBanny(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2023
Ortom
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by rilChilz: 12:34pm On May 28, 2023
Your excellency, courage is rightly esteemed the first quality a man should possess and you sir, are a man of courage. The tale of your stunch will to defend & protect the people & livelihood of the Benue valley against marauding terrorist & cabals under the canopy of federal might throughout your tenure will forevr b engraved in stone for generations unborn to learn from. When most were cowering & remaining mute for want so as not to go up against the FG, you passed the anti-grazing law amidst threat and blackmail on everyside even from those who call you "their own". Today, many govmnts has tapped from you to pass such bills-'one tree don becom forest'.
The price of leadership is that praise & critisism go hand in hand, it all depends on perception. For all the inadequacies your administration met when coming in, solved, & those your administration will be leaving behind, one must realize tht you cannot please everyone. The Nyam-Kume u Tiv.

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by DanAugust2021: 1:06pm On May 28, 2023
rilChilz:
Your excellency, courage is rightly esteemed the first quality a man should possess and you sir, are a man of courage. The tale of your stunch will to defend & protect the people & livelihood of the Benue valley against marauding terrorist & cabals under the canopy of federal might throughout your tenure will forevr b engraved in stone for generations unborn to learn from. When most were cowering & remaining mute for want so as not to go up against the FG, you passed the anti-grazing law amidst threat and blackmail on everyside even from those who call you "their own". Today, many govmnts has tapped from you to pass such bills-'one tree don becom forest'.
The price of leadership is that praise & critisism go hand in hand, it all depends on perception. For all the inadequacies your administration met when coming in, solved, & those your administration will be leaving behind, one must realize tht you cannot please everyone. The Nyam-Kume u Tiv.
Drawing the curtains on Gov Ortom’s era
Blueprint

Benue state governor Samuel Ortom
There’s an English saying that a bad workman quarrels with his tools. It takes root in the pre-industrial revolution era where human activities were rudimentary and full of drudgery. If a man fails to manipulate his hands and tools to achieve the desired results, it is easier to deny responsibility for the failure and to innocent, inanimate tools with profuse blame. At least the tools won’t talk back or put up a defense. In actual sense, however, the tools were not the problem, but the incompetency and lack of skills on the part of the worker or labourer. This blame-shifting game has continued to this date and is being employed by men in all fields of human endeavour to escape the responsibility for their failures. A good example is the way Governor Samuel Ortom used it in overdose to excuse his abysmal performance in Benue for eight solid years.

The Ortom administration which started on May 29, 2015, and will end on May 29, 2023, started with blame games and will end with blame games. At inception, the recession and paucity of funds was the veil, when the country pulled out of the recession, the governor turned his search light on what he called the loot of public funds by the government of Sen. Gabriel Suswam. He later blamed his benefactor and godfather. Even the evil spirits were not spared. Interestingly, at the commissioning of a meager 3.5-kilometer road, barely ten days to the end of his infamous tenure, the same governor blamed paucity of funds as reasons for his inability to complete more projects.

As usual, the governor blamed his inability to pay salaries on the non-release of the federal government interventions such as the N20 billion infrastructure funds and N42 billion loan facility approved for the state, but not released because of what he described as “vested interests.” For a man who failed to judiciously use or account for the consistent federal allocations, budget support facilities, internally generated Revenues (IGRs) and many other funds released to the state for development. This is just another attempt to shirk responsibility for his failures.

Ortom’s ‘quarrels’ were manifold; first, it was with his predecessor, Gabriel Suswam, which culminated in the setting up of the Justice Elizabeth Kpojime judicial panel of inquiry. Sen. George Akume, Ortom’s benefactor, became the next punching bag. He made unsuspecting Benue people believe that his inability to perform was because he was under the fangs of Sen. Akume. When Akume lost his re-election bid to the Senate, Ortom boasted that he had retired from politics. This battle too, he lost as Akume was shortly appointed a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

President Muhammadu Buhari was not spared; Ortom, under the veil of the deteriorating security situation occasioned by the herders’ persistent attacks, hinged his incompetence on the security situation. He had no kind words for the president, demeaning the president from one media house to another and blinded from harvesting anything good for the state. For many whose expectations of the government are meager, this seemed to be Ortom’s highest achievement in office.

Using the instrumentality of the G-5 Governors led by Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state, Ortom attacked and demonised Dr. Iyorchia Ayu, the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). It is the opinion of political pundits that Ortom orchestrated the suspension of Dr. Ayu as the national chairman as result of the fall-out of the PDP primaries where Wike, an Ortom loyalist lost and Atiku Abubakar won. This too was a lost cause with no political gains for Benue people.

Ortom understands that when spirituality is mixed with politics, it becomes an easy way to delude the people. This Ortom used very well. His popular slogan has been “in God we trust.” He painted a picture of a messiah who has come on a mission to deliver the state from some sort of mighty spiritual attack of under development. Having run out of excuses, at a point, he stated that he had exorcised the evil spirits in the Government House. Our governor became an exorcist, but this also did not help in any way and was just another whimsical attitude of a bad workman.

Ortom’s campaign speeches and promises revolved around the inability of Gabriel Suswam’s inability to pay salaries, pensions and gratuities for four months as well as the attendant hardships that were experienced. After riding on the people’s hopes for a better Benue, Ortom has back-pedalled. He owes Benue workers over seven months of unpaid salaries and uncountable months of unpaid pensions and gratuities. Under Ortom, pensioners protested and slept at the gate of the Government House for two weeks with brute harassment.

Very disturbing is the issue of the herders’ attacks on farming communities in the state. This issue assumed a disturbing dimension in the state and country. The governor signed the Anti-Open Grazing and Ranches Establishment Bill into law and promised to establish six pilot ranches. This law gave room for the establishment of the livestock guards, with a mandate to enforce the law. How this law has achieved the essence for which it was enacted will be a topic for another day. This too is another tactical way Ortom has used to bluntly refuse being accountable for his woeful leadership and glaring corruption.

After failing at the polls together with his party and facing a precarious future at the end of his tenure, which will likely be uneventful with a lot of scrutiny, the governor intends to foist a narrative that his loss at the polls is as a result of his stand against injustice in the country. In fact, he has said it many times recently that his “principled stand” against injustice in the country is the reason. This is another bogus excuse to escape the responsibility for loss which was directly a product of his failure and the anger of the Benue people over the wasted years and resources.

For Ortom, whatever ‘giant strides’ he lays claim to have been dampened by the protracted non-payment of pensions and salaries, inability to build a single industry in the state, the lack of infrastructure and human development, the IDPs that have remained in pitiable camps, the general air of hardship and poverty that has pervaded the state since the inception of the administration. The Benue people will not be remembering his years in power with nostalgia, but it will remain the days of pain and locust, the Egypt they will never want to return to.

…Hon. Msuaan, a public affairs commentator and an advocate of good governance and responsible leadership, writes from Abuja

1 Like

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by 123yes(m): 2:07pm On May 28, 2023
Advancedpenis:
You are calling your would be president an animal. If dss picked you now for insulting the president you will blame it on the 😈 Let any American citizen call their president animal and see if he will not be jailed. It is only in Nigeria we continuesly insults our leaders and go free.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by Advancedpenis: 2:08pm On May 28, 2023
123yes:
You are calling your would be president an animal. If dss picked you now for insulting the president you will blame it on the 😈 Let any American citizen call their president animal and see if he will not be jailed. It is only in Nigeria we continuesly insults our leaders and go free.

Sharap Bola is a sniffer now drink sniper
Re: I Will Not Run From EFCC- Governor Ortom Vows by tsdarkside(m): 4:21pm On May 28, 2023
smokinloud:
Okay, fully observing

noo,he go faint....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola Launches O' Ambulance' 50 Ambulances Service Scheme / Sokoto UNDP Coordinator Found Dead In Country Home / 17, 000 Nigerians Seek Asylum In Chad, Cameroon, Niger – UNHCR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.