Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,703 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death (886 Views)

UNICAL Final Year Law Student Arrested For Allegedly Raping A Minor / Cultists Stab Man Who Tried To Save Lady From Molestation. Graphic Photos / UNICAL Final Year Student Killed By Robbers During Operation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Equaljhayloaded: 2:17pm On May 28, 2023
A final year student of the University of Calabar who works part time as a Bolt driver was k!lled by suspected carjackers at Mary Slessor roundabout, in Calabar, Cross River State. 

According to Punch, the deceased, identified as Francis Atabi, 25, had given the two suspected car snatchers a ride around 8pm on Friday, May 26, 2023, when the incident occurred. 

The suspects were said to have tried to snatch the Toyota Corolla vehicle from the driver while on their way to their supposed destination but the resistance put up by the Education and Political Science student, ignited the rage of the suspects who st@bbed him multiple times and also tied a rope round his neck.

In the ensuing melee, the driver was said to have rammed his car into a security man when he lost control of the vehicle.

The security man was also reported to have d!ed at the hospital where he was rushed to in Calabar.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Irene Ugbo, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Sunday, said investigation had already commenced into the matter.

The PPRO assured that no stone would be left unturned in a bid to bring the perpetrators to book.

“We shall do everything possible to ensure the assailants are arrested. No stone will be left unturned in this matter. We are launching a manhunt and we shall get them and bring them to boo,” Ugbo stated.

“This is a further wake-up call to Cross Riverians, bolt drivers to be more vigilant, as criminals are devising various ways to carry out their nefarious activities, the killers will be made to face the full wrath of the law when apprehended,” she added.

Source:https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/car-jackers-stab-unical-final-year-student-to-death/

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by KingOfIsoko1: 2:28pm On May 28, 2023
Terrible way to go

1 Like

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Rostikol: 2:30pm On May 28, 2023
THE KILLERS SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND PUBLICLY EXECUTED BY MULTIPLE STABBING JUST LIKE THEY DID TO THIS GUY.

3 Likes

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Dexy4yah(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2023
Baba God na your hand i dey o.
Guide my going out and coming in always.

The days are evil.
Rip to the young man.

Sad....
Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Nice2023(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2023
Night work is the most dangerous work in Nigeria of today.

Same way they killed an uber driver here in Abuja around same time and went away with his vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by losky83: 9:39pm On May 28, 2023
Equaljhayloaded:
A final year student of the University of Calabar who works part time as a Bolt driver was k!lled by suspected carjackers at Mary Slessor roundabout, in Calabar, Cross River State. 

According to Punch, the deceased, identified as Francis Atabi, 25, had given the two suspected car snatchers a ride around 8pm on Friday, May 26, 2023, when the incident occurred. 

The suspects were said to have tried to snatch the Toyota Corolla vehicle from the driver while on their way to their supposed destination but the resistance put up by the Education and Political Science student, ignited the rage of the suspects who st@bbed him multiple times and also tied a rope round his neck.

In the ensuing melee, the driver was said to have rammed his car into a security man when he lost control of the vehicle.

The security man was also reported to have d!ed at the hospital where he was rushed to in Calabar.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Irene Ugbo, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Sunday, said investigation had already commenced into the matter.

The PPRO assured that no stone would be left unturned in a bid to bring the perpetrators to book.

“We shall do everything possible to ensure the assailants are arrested. No stone will be left unturned in this matter. We are launching a manhunt and we shall get them and bring them to boo,” Ugbo stated.

“This is a further wake-up call to Cross Riverians, bolt drivers to be more vigilant, as criminals are devising various ways to carry out their nefarious activities, the killers will be made to face the full wrath of the law when apprehended,” she added.

Source:https://www.equaljhayloaded.com.ng/car-jackers-stab-unical-final-year-student-to-death/
ITS NOT MY PORTION,THEY WILL NOT TRY TO STEAL MY CAR.
THATS WHAT THEY ALL SAY WHEN YOU TELL THEM TO PUT A TRACKER ON THEIR CARS.WITH A TRACKER,HE WOULD HAVE JUST ALLOWED THEM TO STEAL THE CAR WITHOUT LOOSING HIS LIFE.
RIP BRO.

1 Like

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:31am On May 29, 2023
Nice2023:
Night work is the most dangerous work in Nigeria of today.

Same way they killed an uber driver here in Abuja around same time and went away with his vehicle.

Corolla wan overtake pencil as most stolen car in 9ja..
Was body part & brain box ripping bfr, now dem wan have all. The car is over glorified

Nice2023:

When I was buying my wife a car...everyone advised me to buy a corolla I refused. I said,i still love my wife I just settled for Matrix sport.

Jus like camry 1999 that year, nothing special but became most stolen vehicle in 9ja, set to be overtake by Corolla (most theft/vandalize car parts n brain box) matrix n Corolla share same mechanical parts , na body fitting different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Alonso91(m): 1:51am On May 29, 2023
When those bastards are finally caught.
1 they should be paraded openly
2 Rope should be tied around their neck
3 Stab multiple times and leave to bleed to death

I Rise

1 Like

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:10am On May 29, 2023
Na wa o..corolla again.Avoid corolla as an Uber driver if you want to live long.why will someone die for such a thrashy plastic called a car.chai
Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Nice2023(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Corolla wan overtake pencil as most stolen car in 9ja..
Was body part & brain box ripping bfr, now dem wan have all. The car is over glorified

When I was buying my wife a car...everyone advised me to buy a corolla I refused. I said,i still love my wife I just settled for Matrix sport.

1 Like

Re: Car Jackers Stab UNICAL Final Year Student To Death by Creamypie(m): 4:20am On May 30, 2023
Y will some persons feeding be dependent on others sweat?

(1) (Reply)

UK Tribunal Acquits Nigeria’s Dr Olugbenga Of Alleged Misconduct / This Ashawos Were Arrested For Breaking Nigeria Law That Forbids Prostitution / Graphic-three Killed, Five Injured As Trailer Rams Into Commercial Car In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.