Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? (21095 Views)

Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. / Time To Divorce My Wife? / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Letsmeet: 9:07pm On May 28, 2023
Please everyone, what's your opinion on this?
Is it wise to date a young lady from a divorced home?
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

7 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 28, 2023
Divorce is very dangerous especially to the girl child.

Apart from the death of a partner, bringing up kids as a single parent should be highly discouraged

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by kamtrix(m): 9:19pm On May 28, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Divorce is very dangerous especially to the girl child.

Apart from the death of a partner, bringing up kids as a single parent should be highly discouraged
But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

7 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by gidjah(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2023
Life is more spiritual than you think oga.Confirm from her history if there are divorce or Polygamy cases and if that's true ,I bet you , it runs in the blood .it is very spiritual no matter the excuses any of the party might Wana give .Even if it is not a pattern in the family,IT HAS ALREADY STARTED and likely to CONTINUE UNLES she is ready to stand her ground both physically and spiritually too. I understand few children here without the knowledge of spiritual reality would come out for me,but that's not a problem ,we would always say the truth as it appears.

126 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by kamtrix(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2023
gidjah:
Life is more spiritual than you think oga.Confirm from her history if there are divorce or Polygamy cases and if that's true ,I bet you , it runs in the blood .it is very spiritual no matter the excuses any of the party might Wana give .Even if it is not a pattern in the family,IT HAS ALREADY STARTED and likely to CONTINUE UNLES she is ready to stand her ground both physically and spiritually too. I understand few children here without the knowledge of spiritual reality would come out for me,but that's not a problem ,we would always say the truth as it appears.
But I think his question is what is the likelihood that she will divorce him later in future. Scientifically it seems children from divorced homes are a lot more likely to get divorced

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by gidjah(m): 10:10pm On May 28, 2023
kamtrix:

But I think his question is what is the likelihood that she will divorce him later in future. Scientifically it seems children from divorced homes are a lot more likely to get divorced
I gave answer to his questions but might not have gone as plain as you did sir.(I only went further to help him see why some of this happened)its not a scientific matter my bro ,science keeps blinding man to the reality of a celestial system ,no mind them but deep within them ,in Thier various privacies,they secretly acknowledge such.i have some of them here with me

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by JeffreyJunior: 10:18pm On May 28, 2023
Find out why her parents divorced and who knows, the answer you seek may lie just beneath it.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Curiouscity(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Find out why her parents divorced and who knows, the answer you seek may lie just beneath it.

If and only if she will be sincere. This is good start.

Op, If she is sincere and discusses it openly with you, telling you how such divorce could have been avoided, then go ahead.

But from experience, most girls from divorce home tend to be too secretive about the divorce, and even about their private life.

Discovery of this secrets, and sometimes lies give rise to trust issues, then if not well managed, divorce. The circle continues.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by kamtrix(m): 10:57pm On May 28, 2023
Curiouscity:

If and only if she will be sincere. This is good start.

Op, If she is sincere and discusses it openly with you, telling you how such divorce could have been avoided, then go ahead.

But from experience, most girls from divorce home tend to be too secretive about the divorce, and even about their private life.

Discovery of this secrets, and sometimes lies give rise to trust issues, then if not well managed, divorce. The circle continues.
I think I agree with this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by frozen70(f): 11:23pm On May 28, 2023
Letsmeet:
If She is very nice, quiet, respectful, the most understanding person in the world, doesn't even quarrel. Has a good job and many other good qualities.
But if her parents are divorced, and live in the same area, and she lives with both of them.
What is the likelihood of her divorcing in future? Anyone with similar experiences please?

No one enters into marriage to get a divorce

But situations and circumstances always lead to such

Children from divorced homes are not happy about it and will do everything possible to avoid being in that situation especially for the children

What caused divorce in home is the same thing another home managed to get through

So it's about individuals and their attitudes

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nobody: 4:50am On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:

But what of in a case where the lady is well cultured and we'll mannered. The kind that you will never know her parents are divorced unless she tells you? And she is close to both her parents

If you want to marry a girl from a divorced home please go and pray very well o.

20 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Foodqueen(f): 5:52am On May 29, 2023
If she have a good relationship with both parent especially her dad, then u can go ahead cos in her mind, she would really wish her parent weren't seperated.

But if she doesn't and always blame her father for everything, then move cos she will put her frustration on you.

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by fyzaila: 6:21am On May 29, 2023
No they aren't likely to divorce!

Stop all this sentiments. Trust me it won't do you any good. So because she's from a broken home so no man should marry her? From your post, you confirmed she has good attributes and you didn't mention any bad one which means you're ok with her. For her to be from a broken home and still be well disciplined and cultured speaks volume isn't it? Aren't they thousands of girls from unbroken home who have turned to something else that you can't even write home about?

You have found yourself a good woman which is very scarce this days, just pray and follow your heart. Everybody's destiny is different please.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Dogalmighty17: 7:15am On May 29, 2023
Women from divorced homes tend to also have failed marriages. If her mom could not make it work, there is little incentive for your woman to want to put in all it takes to make her marriage work.
These things tend to be a circle and it may be a pattern that runs in some families. Once divorce, child out of wedlock, drunkenness, gambling, murder, madness etc takes presence in a particular family, you tend to see it repeat across multiple generations. These things are very spiritual.

Always investigate the background of the person you want to marry. Some people should make excellent spouses but that negative family circle and pattern will always be fighting against them.

18 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by ghettochild(m): 9:10am On May 29, 2023
Yes.... they are more likely to tow that path their parents went thru..
It's a psychological problem

7 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Hathor5(f): 9:18am On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:

Statistically daughters and sons from divorced homes are more likely to be divorced but statistics tell you nothing about an indivdual.

Many people from divorced homes will work extra hard for their marriage to succeed so that their kids don`t have to go through the same experience.

If you have a good lady there, hold on to her and don`t judge her based on her father and mother`s decisions.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Fahvvy: 1:06pm On May 29, 2023
First off...
If she comes from a divorce home, then there's a very high chance she won't be able to keep a home and history will most likely repeat itself undecided...

Secondly...
Our primary idea about what relationship/marriage is learnt from our parents...

So how a girls mother treat her father is most likely how that girl will treat her own husband in future...

So if her mum isn't treating her dad right, then she prolly would treat you the same way undecided...

My advice?
On a norms, I wouldn't associate with a girl like this, but if she has REALLY WORKED ON HERSELF and has the qualities that you consider really important, then I don't see why one wouldn't end up end up with her undecided...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nice2023(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2023
Very,very likely.

Brainwashed children.

My friend is already experiencing same,he got married to this lady whose mum got divorced to by two men on different occasions and now,the same is happening to her with my friend.

U are just right.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 3:07pm On May 29, 2023
kamtrix:
■ But I think his question is what is the likelihood that she will divorce him later in future. Scientifically it seems children from divorced homes are a lot more likely to get divorced
Most men in Nigeria who went on to abandon their wives in marriage did not themselves come from divorced homes. And yes, abandonment/informal divorce is a major issue among Nigerian men to the point that it has been criminalized. So, is it only people from divorced homes that eventually go on to divorce their partners? No! undecided

So, whether you are married to a woman or man who is from a background that does not include divorce, the chances of divorce remain. You cannot completely eliminate it, particularly as staying in unhealthy marriages becomes increasingly unacceptable. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by DonroxyII: 3:29pm On May 29, 2023
Letsmeet:
With the attributes above she is Okay Provided you can Manned Her ...

Most Girls from Divorced Parents tend to Become Divorced due to Inheriting the Toxicity from their Mothers Except for some who managed themselves very well with Adequate Level of Psychotherapy!

Nevertheless, Whether Product of Divorced or Full Family , A Man Must Manned His Wife/Wives... This is a Must While Boys Should Manned Himself to Become a Man !

Manning a Woman is Not For Boys(an Amateur Immature Male)!

1 Like

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 29, 2023
No, there's no correlation. And even if there exists any, correlation ≠ causation.
Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by GboyegaD(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2023
Every individual and every marriage is different. What you should do is to have real conversation that can expose her thoughts on marriage and divorce while you also share yours to know if your thoughts and values on marriage align.

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Worriedwife: 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
It looks like kids 4rm divorced homes are only females. What of the male kids from divorced homes,,should they be avoided for marriage?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On May 29, 2023
Hathor5:

Statistically daughters and sons from divorced homes are more likely to be divorced but statistics tell you nothing about an indivdual.

Many people from divorced homes will work extra hard for their marriage to succeed so that their kids don`t have to go through the same experience.

If you have a good lady there, hold on to her and don`t judge her based on her father and mother`s decisions.

EOD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by Kobojunkie: 7:35pm On May 29, 2023
Worriedwife:
It looks like kids 4rm divorced homes are only females. What of the male kids from divorced homes,,should they be avoided for marriage?
Good question! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by dominique(f): 8:02pm On May 29, 2023
Worriedwife:

Me sef dey wonder o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by NwaNimo1(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2023
Yep......also more likely to stay!

2 Likes

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by sonature1: 8:03pm On May 29, 2023
Yes, they are because they are often raised by one parent and don't the importance of the other parent grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by iHateFraudsters: 8:03pm On May 29, 2023
Yes.

Because their irresponsible divorced mothers will feed them silly stories about how "men are scum".

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Women From Divorced Homes More Likely To Divorce? by CuriousCart: 8:03pm On May 29, 2023
I think they will even want to do anything to prevent a repeat. The main problem should be if they will agree to marry - which isn't the case here - so I'm wondering what your problem is.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / How Much Will Take You Through The Week? / Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.