Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East (23454 Views)

Smuggling: Customs Seizes 15 Trucks Loaded With Food Items In Sokoto / Habu Sarkin-Fulani: Customs Seizes Foreign Rice From ‘Buhari’s Storekeeper’ / Protests In Ilorin As Customs Seizes Rice (Nigerian) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Ogene001: 6:41am On May 29, 2023
Macphenson:

Coming from sombody on 30k monthly salary.

This is a multi billion dollar business that is way above your league. I was in the business before disaster Buhari shut down seme boarder witjout notice. My goods worth over #10M on transit damaged.

I buy skin in Senegal and move it to Sao Tome via Onitsha down to Akwa Ibom. I have built a house in Port Harcourt and have several landed priperties in Lagos, Aba and PH.

Its unfortunate and appalling people sit down to discuss what is way above their pay grade , comprehension and reasoning.

Thats the height of ignorance.
The brown roof dwellers know nothing about business. Ordinary, restricting animals and transporting processed meat is the right way to do things

5 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Ogene001: 6:45am On May 29, 2023
LeoDeKing:

So donkey dealers even get association at national level sef? And na Ikechukwu come be the national chairman of the association?

This one just weak me.
Lol, when we say that your people are so ignorant of Nigeria complexity this is what we mean. You don't know the number of trade Igbos control even in remotest northern Nigeria. Remain in your brown roof

9 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by FreeStuffsNG: 7:37am On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

I'm happy you agreed that we chased out fulani herders who you could not. Let them remain in their state, we will buy processed meat from there. That's how it's supposed to be in the first place. You are not the one to tell us the brand meat of we should crave for. Some people, na dog meat be their best meat. Please get a life
Happy to chase out Nigerians from your land yet complain that some Yoruba Nation agitators are demanding that Igbo leave Lagos and Yorubaland. Smh
Your sense of Justice is injurious to justice itself. By the time those Yoruba nation guys chase Igbo out of Yorubaland then it is your fault not that of the Fulani you hate because of their son Buhari. In life, you reap what you sow.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Nobody: 7:59am On May 29, 2023
Ogene001:

If yo eat yam, you are yam. If you eat goat you are goat? Lol, make una de try get sense.

If you get sense you'll read that it was done in the US as an advert theme. But reading, understanding and reasoning before talking has never been part of you bums' culture.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by yahmohy27: 8:15am On May 29, 2023
Heading to where,....No wonder they can cry like D
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Haveyoueatentod: 8:15am On May 29, 2023
Are you telling me that Tiko meat I love so much is actually donkey meat...I done faint if it's true.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by simfrost90210: 8:17am On May 29, 2023
🤮🤮🤮
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by IamtheTruth1(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG post=12343157 hi7:
Donkey meat being sold in Anambra. Smh
As in donkey meat shocked

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow and sheep, why not that instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

The meat must be very very obscenely cheap like the obnoxious abhored horse meat and there must probably be severe meat scarcity going on in the South East after chasing away the Northerners and Fulani. HE Soludo and NAFDAC must get to the bottom of this.

This is unbelievable! Donkey meat shocked
Check my signature for free stuffs!

That meat is called Tiki in Warri. I have been seen that meat in Nigerian Markets since 90's.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by ZUBY77(m): 8:18am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Happy to chase out Nigerians from your land yet complain that some Yoruba Nation agitators are demanding that Igbo leave Lagos and Yorubaland. Smh
Your sense of Justice is injurious to justice itself. By the time those Yoruba nation guys chase Igbo out of Yorubaland then it is your fault not that of the Fulani you hate because of their son Buhari. In life, you reap what you sow.

How do you breathe daily with so much hatred in your heart? You see, Igbos and Yorubas has been existing for thousands of years before you. They will continue to exist for thousands of years after you.
If this makes sense to you, channel your energy into something useful, your insignificant hatred will be buried in the sand of time and everything you ever said or did will be a waste.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Waffarianman(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2023
Tikko meat sha make sense for Owo soup and Banga soup. Urhobo wado

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by wahahlawahala: 8:20am On May 29, 2023
Na donkey meat combined with mpuru mmiri dey make Dem delusional... Now we know😒
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Sammy5413(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2023
So they now feed us donkeys asin anu Jakie

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Bfly: 8:23am On May 29, 2023
The criticism around donkey meat is absolutely irrational. It is as edible as every other meat.

I hope one day Nigerian education will move above the street.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by pendragonbladgo(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2023
No please, donkey meat? Igbo no go kill person in their course to make riches.

So they don't want to eat Fulani cow again, but donkeys are also from the North too.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by tonyshine01: 8:24am On May 29, 2023
Known as Tinko.

FreeStuffsNG:

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow and sheep, why not that instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

The meat must be very very obscenely cheap like the obnoxious abhored horse meat and there must probably be severe meat scarcity going on in the South East after chasing away the Northerners and Fulani. HE Soludo and NAFDAC must get to the bottom of this.

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by FreeStuffsNG: 8:25am On May 29, 2023
ZUBY77:

How do you breathe daily with so much hatred in your heart? You see, Igbos and Yorubas has been existing for thousands of years before you. They will continue to exist for thousands of years after you.
If this makes sense to you, channel your energy into something useful, your insignificant hatred will be buried in the sand of time and everything you ever said or did will be a waste.
You are not comprehending my post or being mischievous. Your Igbo Brother is proudly boasting that you Igbo chased out our Fulani brothers from your Igboland and mocked the Yoruba for failing to chase out Fulani from Yorubaland. My response to his hypocrisy is that you guys are not different from the Yoruba nation agitators clamouring to send Igbo out of Yorubaland in same manner that he claimed that you successfully chased the Fulani out of your land.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by FreeStuffsNG: 8:26am On May 29, 2023
tonyshine01:
Known as Tinko.

Donkey meat is not tinko. Tinko is meant to be from rejected cow meat or those beef that could waste from poor sales but some unscrupulous folks now use dead beasts. It is like tainted beef in Europe. Unscrupulous beef manufacturers were using horse meat to cut cost. It was scandalous when Europeans got wind of it

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by CalculusOx: 8:32am On May 29, 2023
Shey d meat sweet ?
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by okoroemeka(m): 8:33am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

speak only for your tribe or yourself,in my place in imo state for a man to kill a horse is the height of tradition and title,it is not for ordinary folk,he will then add otigbu iyinya to his numerous titles which means killer of horse,that is very prestigious in igboland.
Coming to the issue of donkey meat,what we will ask ourselves is donkey meat illegal substance to consume?is donkey an endangered species that is protected under the law?is the eating of donkey meat banned in Nigeria?you and me knows what the customs wanted which is a huge bribe that the traders cannot afford and they are going after these traders because they are mostly southeastners,will they honestly say they don't know we're the meat is processed?or butchered?because that part will obviously be controlled by the northerners and by looking at the name of the bribe seeker you can easily reach your own conclusions.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by GeneralBuhari: 8:33am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow , goats and sheep, why not any of these animals instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

What do you mean?

Is donkey or horse meat no longer meat?
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by eldoradoxx: 8:36am On May 29, 2023
Donkeys belong to the same family as cows, sheep, horse, camel, goat etc that is being eaten everywhere in the world. For the purpose of our enlightenment, does anyone know of any law that prohibits Nigerians from eating donkey meat. I honestly need to be educated on this.

2 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by irepnaija4eva(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Donkey meat is not tinko. Tinko is meant to be from rejected cow meat or those beef that could waste from poor sales but some unscrupulous folks now use dead beasts. It is like tainted beef in Europe. Unscrupulous beef manufacturers were using horse meat to cut cost. It was scandalous when Europeans got wind of it

Lol from your writeup i deduced, you where trying to mock the igbos about the consumption of donkey meat..That's how low you can go.. grin grin
But I'm sure your really disappointed with the turnout of events...

Donkey meat is not bad..the only reason is not been consumed in the north is because it's considered to be halal according to their hadit same goes for pork..

Besides people consume buffalo, camel(which is one of them saudi delicacies) and other beast of burden.

So what's the fuse?

3 Likes

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Agbalanze(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2023
I know a community near ughelli town in delta state that offloads two trailer load of donkey every week and butchers same for consumption.
70% of the meat consumed in those communities are donkey known as jackey or tiko.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by olugabbie(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Donkey meat from Kebbi, a Hausa state with Fulani, being eaten in Onitsha and Anambra state shocked What happened to the cows and cow meat? Kebbi has fish, cow , goats and sheep, why not any of these animals instead of donkey meat? This is really unfair to meat consumers who do not know they are being fed donkey meat.

The meat must be very very obscenely cheap like the obnoxious abhored horse meat and there must probably be severe meat scarcity going on in the South East after chasing away the Northerners and Fulani. HE Soludo and NAFDAC must please get to the bottom of this. Meat from donkey should be labelled as such so people know.

Dry donkey meat is very popular in Nigeria, even here in Lagos.

They call it 'Tinko'.

The meat is very sweet as hell.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by mubeela(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2023
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by Dexy4yah(m): 8:48am On May 29, 2023
That's why anything aside goat meat, chicken or pork meat is a no for me.
I eat what i know and not what i don't know

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by DenreleDave(m): 8:49am On May 29, 2023
Donkey meat isn't a crime.. So why seize the goods that belongs to people doing their fair business..

They should release it abeg

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by coputa(m): 8:49am On May 29, 2023
GeneralPula:
This is one of the reasons I stopped eating Tinko, as good as Tinko is..

The moment I learnt that donkey meat can be processed to be like Tinko, I just sway..

My naija people wicked no worry..
Tinco is mostly donkey, horse and camel meat, they even add dog meat.

Whenever any of these animals dies as a result of disease, they will then dry them as Tinco, then ship them to the south,you know Muslims don't eat dead animals.
Re: Customs Seizes ₦‎200M Dry Donkey Meat Cargo Heading To South-East by RALPHOW(m): 8:50am On May 29, 2023
All these people using uniform to oppress Nigerians must be cautioned.
Moving donkey meat from state to state shouldn't be Custom officers job.
Asiwaju should please stop this nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Rejects Calls For Restructuring Of Nigeria (Video) / Court Stops Kano Assembly From Probing Ganduje / Buhari Vs Atiku: North-east Governors State Position Ahead Of 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.