Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager (20308 Views)

Everton FC Announce Sean Dyche As New Manager / Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager / Mauricio Pochettino Confronts Mike Dean After Burnley Loss (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Warl0ck: 2:19pm On May 29, 2023
Kazeem47:
The Lampard syndrome shall follow him all the days of his life.
and Maguire shall follow ur team too
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Alvin212(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2023
Wrong choice

Mou or Ancelloti would have been a better choice
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Warl0ck: 2:21pm On May 29, 2023
ayoadekunle79:
The problem is that Chelshit board and fan will not be patient enough for him they want urgent miracle. Which might not work out
exactly!

They should be patient just like arsenal.
Dey Play!
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Warl0ck: 2:21pm On May 29, 2023
Edipet:
Next season go bloody, too much vof big teams. Newcastle, brighton, Aston villa, brentford,
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Warl0ck: 2:22pm On May 29, 2023
Edipet:
Next season go bloody, too much vof big teams. Newcastle, brighton, Aston villa, brentford,
WestHam too
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by dododawa1: 2:24pm On May 29, 2023
Tinubu and Pochettino HAPPY NEW REGIME
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Kazeem47(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2023
Warl0ck:
and Maguire shall follow ur team too
comrade why na,why are you like this.we manage finish second this season,if Maguire come na relegation o grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by tonywonder(m): 2:25pm On May 29, 2023
Wow! Pochettino was announced Chelsea's Manager the same day Tinubu was sworn in as Nigeria's President.... What an irony!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Kion: 2:29pm On May 29, 2023
Lots of trophies incoming
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Angelfrost(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2023
Congrats to them... Inauguration everywhere!
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Mariezaza1(m): 2:37pm On May 29, 2023
zed7:
I hope he succeeds, much better than that fraud and other fraudulent English managers.

The English invented football but they refuse to accept that they are mediocre at it, both as players and as managers. However, the Premiership is top notch I must say.
Greece invented football not England
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by depure(m): 2:38pm On May 29, 2023
Kazeem47:
The Lampard syndrome shall follow him all the days of his life.
Man no be God
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by zed7: 2:42pm On May 29, 2023
Mariezaza1:

https://www.britannica.com/sports/football-soccer

https://www.footballhistory.org/

We're talking proper football not kicking round objects around without rules.
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by gentlesmithugo(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2023
Mariezaza1:

which greece
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by lavylilly: 2:48pm On May 29, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
why can't they extend Frank Lampard tenure
Relegation straight
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Banbanna(m): 3:06pm On May 29, 2023
Wow! I'm beginning to think that you're sort of a walking encyclopaedia. You'll delve into this and that, and do so quite captivatingly. Hope your man treasures you o. 🙂

And talking about the return of Poch to Epl, especially that troubled Chelsea team, he's going to have a tougher ride this time. The landscape has changed as teams keep raising the bar of competition. And though his team plays with flair but they're not always solid. And fear for him regarding that Chelsea defense which is one of the most porous in Epl. Not with the likes of Fofana, chalobah, etc in there.

Hamachi:
Securing the services of Mauricio Pochettino as the manager could potentially be a positive thing for Chelsea. The Argentine has a plethora of experience managing in the PL with Southampton and Tottenham Hotspurs. Under his management, in his first season, Southampton finished eighth in the PL whereas Spurs finished fifth and managed to reach the League Cup final. Pochettino led Spurs to some close PL title challenges, finishing in the top 4 in four out of the five full seasons. He peaked with the Spurs when they reached the final of UCL in the 2018–19 season.

He began his managerial career with Espanyol, his boyhood club and his last job was at PSG. He won only three trophies there and his time ended bitterly in the French capital. Let’s not judge him by his time at PSG because I don’t think it’s a proper club. Even Pep Guardiola will become a victim of toxicity there.

A common highlight of his time in Southampton and Spurs was his ability to promote young players. Under his tutelage, many young players went on to become great players: no name bigger than Harry Kane, Sadio Mane, and Heung Min-Son. There are other names such as Dele Alli, James Ward Prowse, Luke Shaw, Lucas Moura, Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, and Kieran Trippier.

What does Chelsea have at the moment?
A bunch of young players. I think Pochettino is the best candidate who can trim down the bloated squad and bring out the best. Pochettino is known for his high-pressing style with a preference for a 4–2–3–1 system while in possession and attack and 5–2–3 (or variations) while in defence. He’s going to give Chelsea an identity that has been missing since the sacking of Thomas Tuchel. His style of play is very demanding (more work rate) and the players require to run hard. I can see Mason Mount playing an important role in his system along with the full backs and pacy wingers.

To conclude, Pochettino is going to improve Chelsea’s situation and help its rebuild project massively.

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by FireUpNow(m): 3:09pm On May 29, 2023
Lampard ruined Chelsea and I hope the new coach can do better
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by VEHINTOLAR: 3:14pm On May 29, 2023
I don't like this man and I don't know why ! I wish him plenty of good luck though as a Chelsea fan.
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by eddie7: 3:18pm On May 29, 2023
Just the way forward....we move
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by highness25(m): 3:29pm On May 29, 2023
marlow1962:
Ok
Person were Dem go sack once them lose their next game. Na clowns full Chelsea team, always blaming coach. That mumu madueke go just they run like tolotolo, they do skills wer him copy from dream league soccer.
Chelsea na like apc supporters, them no dy move forward, them just dy where them dy.
That Madueke of a guy doesn't cross ball at all. Always trying to dribble
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by jacoik(m): 3:35pm On May 29, 2023
Westerhoffe:
I remember a Tiktok video wherein 3 guys were singing for Chelsea, and the lyrics goes thus:

Gbogbo wa la lowo m be, gbogbo wa la lowo m be, b'aiye Chelsea se baje, gbogbo wa la lowo m be. Leeds lowo m be… baye Chelsea se baje, gbogbo wa la lowo m be.

Chelsea should like be disbanded.
They've crashed as a club.

Football fans and fanatics, don't come for me o!
I'm not a fan of football.
if to say you dey close to me, I for slam your head on third main land bridge for saying that my dying sorry, darling club should be disbanded
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by baralatie(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2023
He has a ton of work with those players at Chelsea
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Adakintroy: 3:53pm On May 29, 2023
The feeling in lampard guts always.
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by AmadorSays: 4:11pm On May 29, 2023
Okay, let's see what he's got to offer.
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by ufuosman(m): 4:13pm On May 29, 2023
Good luck 🍀
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by brimdans(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2023
Welcome coach Porch.

In need of a moniepoint POS terminal, call me on this number. 08067288284
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Cookcounty: 5:06pm On May 29, 2023
O my God, Another failure coach cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by mastermaestro(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2023
It's official. Chelsea is now a goalless club. grin
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Warl0ck: 6:00pm On May 29, 2023
Kazeem47:
comrade why na,why are you like this.we manage finish second this season,if Maguire come na relegation o grin grin grin
hahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

That guy no suppose get market value aswear grin grin grin

He should be prepared for 2023 OwnGoal D'Or
Re: Chelsea FC Announce Mauricio Pochettino As New Manager by Kingsnairaland(m): 6:23am On May 30, 2023
As long as they stole that club from Abramovic Chelsea will never win any cup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Lagos Secondary School Girls Football Clinic 2017 (Photos) / Enugu Rangers Fan Thread - The Flying Antelopes / Nigeria Vs Ukraine Friendly September 10: NFF Releases Super Eagles Squad List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.