Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? (2715 Views)

Prophet Muyideen Kasali: Atiku, Try Running For Presidency One More Time / Throwback Poster Of Rochas Okorocha Campaigning Under PDP For Imo Governor / Presidency Releases ‘checklist’ On Killings Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Jun 01, 2023
PDP best bet is to build the party around Peter Obi ...beg him to come back to the party n fly their tickets

Or

Beg kwankwaso to come back n build the party around him

Those are the only two people that can hold PDP
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:34am On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:
PDP best bet is to build the party around Peter Obi ...beg him to come back to the party n fly their tickets

Or

Beg kwankwaso to come back n build the party around him

Those are the only two people that can hold PDP

They have better options than those two, but they need to work and put themselves out there. There are many strong and influential executives and party members who subscribe to the PDP way.

A lot depends on the current president and how the next 4 years shape out, but Kwankwaso and Obi have most likely kissed their chances with PDP a bye.

There are custodians behind the powers that be in parties that won't let those two anywhere near their tickets.

Atiku was given a chance because
1. They feel he is one of them, he has PDP in him even if he at various times defected, he is a top politician - a brand in himself, can move and shake things and was a founding member of the party, sacrificed his own ambitions at various times for others and many more. Imagine a Buhari in PDP, that's how Kwankwaso or Obi will look in PDP.
2. The custodians are very comfortable with him.
3. He was their best shot at getting the top job, this is an unappreciated point, even with Obi and Kwakwaso wrecking havoc on the party's base, Atiku came second, that speaks volumes.

This last point is the reason Tambuwal sacrificed Wike at the primaries - in the overall interest of the party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 11:36am On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

They have better options than those two, but they need to work and put themselves out there. There are many strong and influential executives and party members who subscribe to the PDP way.

A lot depends on the current president and how the next 4 years shape out, but Kwankwaso and Obi have most likely kissed their chances with PDP a bye.
First thingsif PDP doesn't give south east it ticket come 2027 ....that's the end of PDP in Igbo land ...that you can bank on
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by garfield1: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2023
fergie001:
He is a part of the renegade G5 group. Those who have the mainstream won't let him near it.

Again, he has been in and out of the Party, no formidable groundswell to get Votes anywhere excepting in 2/3 States in the SS, he just can't.

PDP's best bets today are Atiku (no matter how we see it), Seyi Makinde & Peter Obi.

Makinde will not go against his brother, PDP see Obi as Judas it won't work.

Atiku remains in pole position to still seize it.

I believe atiku lost his chance in 2023.by 2027,tambuwal,dankwambo,saraki and co will seize power
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:45am On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

First thingsif PDP doesn't give south east it ticket come 2027 ....that's the end of PDP in Igbo land ...that you can bank on

Repeating the mistake of 2023 again before 2023 even ends.

The SE has little clout at the national level, acts like these will only continually weaken the it.

PDP or not, power will keep changing hands between N/S, north can manage it's internal politics while the south can't, SE is the least prepared of all regions in Nigeria politically, isolating yourself is hurting yourself, not anybody else.

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Repeating the mistake of 2023 again before 2023 even ends.

The SE has little clout at the national level, acts like these will only continually weaken the it.

PDP or not, power will keep changing hands between N/S, north can manage it's internal politics while the south can't, SE is the least prepared of all regions in Nigeria politically, isolating yourself is hurting yourself, not anybody else.
Awww if you think Igbo votes are only in South east then u are not serious
PDP is the one making same mistake ...the myth an Igbo man can't win elections has ended with Obi

Take this to the bank

Igbos would never vote PDP till an Igbo man is a Candidate of PDP

Note PDP has 2027 as it last chance because in 2031 APC n PDP would produce a northern candidate and Igbos episode gladly vote APC or waste our vote

We have stayed 50 years without power we can stay another hundred but no part would ever take advantage of Igbos again

3 Likes

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Awww if you think Igbo votes are only in South east then u are not serious
PDP is the one making same mistake ...the myth an Igbo man can't win elections has ended with Obi

Take this to the bank

Igbos would never vote PDP till an Igbo man is a Candidate of PDP

Note PDP has 2027 as it last chance because in 2031 APC n PDP would produce a northern candidate and Igbos episode gladly vote APC or waste our vote

We have stayed 50 years without power we can stay another hundred but no part would ever take advantage of Igbos again

Wallahi you are very funny.

Don't vote PDP, who gets hurt? 2023 you wasted your votes, who is crying now?

Every other region has alternatives.

LP didn't win election and all things being equal won't do such in a long time.
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Wallahi you are very funny.

Don't vote PDP, who gets hurt? 2023 you wasted your votes, who is crying now?

Every other region has alternatives.

LP didn't win election and all things being equal won't do such in a long time.
You are crying ...we rather stick with LP build alliance with people who believe on the right of Igbos to be President .....

PDP can forget about Igbos

Once supreme court removes Enugu governor you would have zero governor in South east ...

PDP out to be on their knees begging Igbos

2 Likes

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

You are crying ...we rather stick with LP build alliance with people who believe on the right of Igbos to be President .....

PDP can forget about Igbos

Once supreme court removes Enugu governor you would have zero governor in South east ...

PDP out to be on their knees begging Igbos

I have no interest in whatever goes on in PDP, I ain't a member, with the party or without, my blocs interest is well protected. ✌️

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

I have no interest in whatever goes on in PDP, I ain't a member, with the party or without, my blocs interest is well protected. ✌️
Lmfao which block ? Lmfao health, education, roads, access to credit ?

Did down even u know Igbos don't need government to hold our blog down

Is kastina that's has produced 2 president Bette in any development indices than abia ?
Smh

If PDP doesn't apologize to Igbos then let them win without Igbos

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Addme: 1:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
If peter Obi contest in PDP with all their resources.

Peter Obi will surely win

Atiku is too stingy and power hungry

Very useless old man
If it's about stinginess then Peter Obi just dey play.
Atiku is even more generous than PO
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Tingotoe: 1:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
GREATIGB0MAN:
If peter Obi contest in PDP with all their resources.

Peter Obi will surely win

Atiku is too stingy and power hungry

Very useless old man
There's no case scenario in the last elections that would see Peter Obi winning. Most of Atiku 's votes came from the north. I don't see northerners voting for Obi in the near future

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

1. Lmfao which block ? Lmfao health, education, roads, access to credit ?

2. Did down even u know Igbos don't need government to hold our blog down

3. Is kastina that's has produced 2 president Bette in any development indices than abia ?
Smh

4. If PDP doesn't apologize to Igbos then let them win without Igbos

1. The bloc that matters that doesn't hinges it survival on any party or govt.

2. Honestly, matters not to me.

3. You need to travel and explore, leave your street for once.

4. Address that party's HQ, not a random NL user. 😊

Goody.
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

1. The bloc that matters that doesn't hinges it survival on any party or govt.

2. Honestly, matters not to me.

3. You need to travel and explore, leave your street for once.

4. Address that party's HQ, not a random NL user. 😊

Goody.
Lmfao and here you are lamenting how Igbos should vote PDP , I no blame Una sha

Let PDP win without Igbos make we see

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Tingotoe:
There's no case scenario in the last elections that would see Peter Obi winning. Most of Atiku 's votes came from the north. I don't see northerners voting for Obi in the near future
But u see south east and south south voting a PDP northern candidate ?
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao and here you are lamenting how Igbos should vote PDP , I no blame Una sha

Let PDP win without Igbos make we see

Tinubu winning this election has been my hope and the perfect outcome for my political bloc. Have never been PDP, never had anything to do with PDP.

Asiwaju winning is the perfect outcome for us in northern Nigeria, no better words describe it like the Hausa saying 'a yarda kwallon mangoro a huta da kuda'.

Yeah, I supported Atiku for a while which I later rescinded, I have no skin in your grouse with the party.

Like we say in Hausa, "qwarya tabi qwarya". 😊
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Tingotoe: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

But u see south east and south south voting a PDP northern candidate ?
They might cos they've got no other choice than to do so if they want a shot at the VP position
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2023
The only stiff opponent to Tinubu is Atiku.

Obi and the rest are just mere selfie taker

Put Obi in the next presidential contest, he will get lesser votes than he got in 2023

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have a feeling that when the time is right. When Nigerians truely see the light. Peter Obi will return to PDP, rebuild it and contest 2027. At the moment we are still in court.

The light he failed to show as a Gov for good 8 yrs from APGA to PDP.

Una like to dey deceive una sef too much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Tingotoe:
They might cos they've got no other choice than to do so if they want a shot at the VP position
Lmfao the arrogance north should vote for south east let's give them vice na ....how about that.

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 4:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Tinubu winning this election has been my hope and the perfect outcome for my political bloc. Have never been PDP, never had anything to do with PDP.

Asiwaju winning is the perfect outcome for us in northern Nigeria, no better words describe it like the Hausa saying 'a yarda kwallon mangoro a huta da kuda'.

Yeah, I supported Atiku for a while which I later rescinded, I have no skin in your grouse with the party.

Like we say in Hausa, "qwarya tabi qwarya". 😊
Nd u have been here crying over PDP ?

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol. You finally don give up Obi mandate?
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
Afamed:

Lol. You finally don give up Obi mandate?
how can you read my post n come to the above conclusion ?

Hope u understand basic English ?

2 Likes

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:
how can you read my post n come to the above conclusion ?

Hope u understand basic English ?

Your 5% remains inconsequential as far as Nigeria politics is concern.

That was proven 2015 & 2019

Again in 2023.

I will not bother to waste my energy with you

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Tingotoe: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lmfao the arrogance north should vote for south east let's give them vice na ....how about that.
Go ahead and ask them in 2027

1 Like

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
Tingotoe:
Go ahead and ask them in 2027
Why not ask them the way u are asking Igbos now
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by mrvitalis(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
Afamed:

Your 5% remains inconsequential as far as Nigeria politics is concern.

That was proven 2015 & 2019

Again in 2023.

I will not bother to waste my energy with you
Ok
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
The ones with electoral values do not make noise , but the one with less than 4% electoral value would be the one making noise here and there on social media
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by BERNIMOORE: 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
fergie001:
He is a part of the renegade G5 group. Those who have the mainstream won't let him near it.

Again, he has been in and out of the Party, no formidable groundswell to get Votes anywhere excepting in 2/3 States in the SS, he just can't.

PDP's best bets today are Atiku (no matter how we see it), Seyi Makinde & Peter Obi.

Makinde will not go against his brother, PDP see Obi as Judas it won't work.

Atiku remains in pole position to still seize it.
are you saying that Peter obi will leave LP?
Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Penguin2: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
fergie001:
I am not here to judge him whether what he did was right or wrong but Obi cannot win the PDP Primary if it is conducted today.

4 years is a long time in politics but it's looking less likely every day!

I’m surprised you still think Atiku will still have a chance at the PDP ticket at 81.

Meanwhile, I agree with you that Obi getting PDP ticket in 2027 will be suicidal as a lot of PDP stakeholders are harboring a lot of ill feelings towards him for contesting the 2023 elections against Atiku which they believe denied Atiku victory.

What I see happening however, is that some refined northerners in PDP who share Obi’s ideology might end up switching to Labour Party or working for Obi while in PDP having found out that Obi is a bigger force than they had reckoned him.

One way or the other, I just see LP working with some northern elements of PDP, and even Southern elements too, to have a go at the presidency again. Because as far as Obi remains in Labour Party, LP has more chance at the presidency than the PDP.

This is my practical analysis of realities on ground devoid of any sentiments informed by my support for Obi.

2 Likes

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Penguin2: 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Afamed:
The ones with electoral values do not make noise , but the one with less than 4% electoral value would be the one making noise here and there on social media

Apart from Atiku, which politician in PDP can come even 1000 miles close to Obi’s popularity?

2 Likes

Re: Will Atiku Try His Luck In 2027 At 81, Under PDP? by Afamed: 5:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
Penguin2:

Apart from Atiku, which politician in PDP can come even 1000 miles close to Obi’s popularity?

I don't engage inconsequential entity

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Turai, Terminally Ill; Also, Real Cause Of Yar'adua's Death Revealed - Wikileaks. / Gej Missing From London Conference For Somila / Jonathan Why Is There No Governor For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.