Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. (2430 Views)

My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / My Wife Left Me Because I Lost My Job. / Kid Takes Selfie For His Dad And Mum In Adorable Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by jUeLiZ: 9:01pm On May 29, 2023
Good evening everyone. I'm going to be very brief about this.

I lost my dad on the tweveth day of may, he died from renal complications. I'm the first child and still young and naive. My Dad was an appointee in the local government, after his death we had a family meeting for burial arrangements.

We agreed to write to local government to inform them...we planned to use one my relatives who is a commissioner in the state, we informed him and he agreed to.

After a week i called to find out, the letter has not been drafted and sent to the local government, infact, up till now he has not really shown interest on writing the letter. He even said, we're the one who are supposed to write the letter. The whole thing is just a mess right now.

We have limited funds for the burial rites and we hope the local government may assist since he was a member. Now the chairman will be leaving office on the 12th of June, because he constested and won the state house seat.

Please I just need someone to advise me right now on how to go about this....Also when writing the letter is it proper to include a phone number and account number or something.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Hezzyluv: 9:13pm On May 29, 2023
Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

The said commissioner has forgotten that he would drop dreath sooner or later. Hence, his indifferent attitude.

What I will advise is, get a matured person and go to the local government Secretariat where he worked ask questions I'm sure they will direct you to the right office then the office will tell you what to do.

I swearugad, with the limited time you have, that latter will take weeks or months before it gets to the right table plus the feet they maybe dragging that's if they don't end up trashing it.

15 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by taylor88(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2023
undecided
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by sunnymighty(m): 9:15pm On May 29, 2023
jUeLiZ:

I lost my dad on the tweveth day of may, he died from renal complications. I'm the first child and still young and naive. My Dad was an appointee in the local government, after his death we had a family meeting for burial arrangements.

We agreed to write to local government to inform them...we planned to use one my relatives who is a commissioner in the state, we informed him and he agreed to.

After a week of called to find out, the letter has not drafted and sent to the local, infact, up till now he has not really shown interest on writing the letter. He even said, we're the one who are supposed to write the letter. The whole thing is just a mess right now.

We have limited funds for the burial rites and we hope the local government may assist since he was a member. Now the chairman will be leaving office on the 12th of June, because he constested and won the state house seat.

Please I just need someone to advise me right now on how to go about this....Also when writing the letter is it proper to include a phone number and account number or something.

Do the needful asap, anybody can write the letter, add a phone number they will surely call back if they need to send money inorder to support the burial. Wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by GodWrites: 9:24pm On May 29, 2023
Op. So sorry for your loss.

But I'm yet to understand the issue.

You don't need to throw a grand party.

I suspect you are an Igbo.

Igbos know how to waste resources in the name of befitting burial.

They are ready to sale land and renovate the family house for a reason I don't understand.

All you need is family and friends. Get a coffin and throw the man 6 feet below.

You don't need to beg or go into debt because you want to bury the dead.

10 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by A4alpha: 9:30pm On May 29, 2023
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Here's a possible template for your letter:

[Your Name] [Name of Local Government Official]
[Your Address] [Address]
[City, State ZIP Code] [City, State ZIP Code]

[Date]

Dear [Mr./Ms./Mrs. Last Name],

I am writing to inform you of the passing of my father, [Full Name], who was your appointed officer. He passed away on [Date of Death], leaving behind me, my mother, and [number of siblings] siblings.

We are all still in shock and grieving for our loss. As you may know, the cost of a funeral and burial is quite expensive, and it is something that we cannot afford at this time. We are therefore seeking financial support from the local government to help us cover the costs of his funeral and other related expenses. We would be grateful for any financial assistance that you could provide to us during this difficult time.

Please let us know if there are any necessary requirements or procedures that we need to complete in order to receive this support.
Thank you for your consideration, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
[Phone number]

MODIFIED
TRY AND REARRANGE THE ADDRESS IT SCATTERED? TAKE THE LETTER BELOW AND PLACE THEM AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE.

[Name of Local Government Official]
[Address]
[City, State ZIP Code]

[Date]

34 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by jUeLiZ: 9:36pm On May 29, 2023
sunnymighty:

Do the needful asap, anybody can write the letter, add a phone number they will surely call back if they need to send money inorder to support the burial. Wish you best of luck.
thank you sir, I will do that tomorrow.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Chuksyno(m): 9:38pm On May 29, 2023
A4alpha:

[Your Address] [Address]

[Date]

I am writing to inform you of the passing of my father, [Full Name], who was your appointed officer. He passed away on [Date of Death], leaving behind me, my mother, and [number of siblings] siblings.

We are all still in shock and grieving for our loss. As you may know, the cost of a funeral and burial is quite expensive, and it is something that we cannot afford at this time. We are therefore seeking financial support from the local government to help us cover the costs of his funeral and other related expenses. We would be grateful for any financial assistance that you could provide to us during this difficult time.

Please let us know if there are any necessary requirements or procedures that we need to complete in order to receive this support.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
[Phone number]

MODIFIED
TRY AND REARRANGE THE ADDRESS IT SCATTERED? TAKE THE LETTER BELOW AND PLACE THEM AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE.

[Address]
[City, State ZIP Code]

[Date]

Your elaborative direction is quite encouraging. God bless you handsomely.

11 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by jUeLiZ: 9:48pm On May 29, 2023
Hezzyluv:
Sorry for the loss of your Dad.

The said commissioner has forgotten that he would drop dreath sooner or later. Hence, his indifferent attitude.

What I will advise is, get a matured person and go to the local government Secretariat where he worked ask questions I'm sure they will direct you to the right office then the office will tell you what to do.

I swearugad, with the limited time you have, that latter will take weeks or months before it gets to the right table plus the feet they maybe dragging that's if they don't end up trashing it.
thanks for your input, it mean alot to me...
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by jUeLiZ: 9:51pm On May 29, 2023
A4alpha:

[Your Address] [Address]

[Date]

Sincerely, [Your Name]
[Phone number]

MODIFIED

[Address]
[City, State ZIP Code]

[Date]

thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Houseofglam7(f): 12:07am On May 30, 2023
Sorry for your loss
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Nemesis0147(m): 2:44am On May 30, 2023
Sorry for your lost bro…
My dad was a politician when died too….an active one too.
Unlike you people,we were not waiting or expecting any help from his colleagues/local government or whatsoever.
We just informed them when we were ready for the burial and they all came to pay their last respects….I’m the first son too,I didn’t write any letter…maybe his associates did because they keep calling to know about the burial arrangements.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by michlins(m): 4:03am On May 30, 2023
If you know what is good for you, do a low-key burial and start hustling hard. You don't have money to pay for the burial you want so forget about it.

You see how the commissioner is feeling indifferent about your dad's burial, that's how people will feel when you seek their help. It will even be worse when you realize no one cares.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Berrityga: 4:55am On May 30, 2023
Somebody always take people's death as a venture to collect money by any means possible. I'm sure after the burial the family will share the remaining money. Why can you send an invite to the government rather than a letter seeking funds?
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by mrblessed(m): 5:03am On May 30, 2023
Write two letters yourself, one to the local government as an institution and one to the outgoing chairman. In this age, you can't depend on someone who is not interested in your welfare for a thing as common as a letter. Do it yourself.
Or, you can tell me what the content of the letter would be and I will write it for you, for free.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by xperiencelove(m): 6:33am On May 30, 2023
jUeLiZ:

Sorry for your loss.

We youth of nowadays thinks we are the wisest. We are quick in advising INEC, politicians, Dangote, etc on social media but we can't make a simple and best decision for ourselves and our lives.

In 2023, you are still planning to do a big burial when the family is struggling and you are looking for money here and there just to bring those that do not care about your dad when he was alive to eat, dine and wine!
I did not condemn big burial party, but it must not strain either you or any family member.

Even if someone give you huge money and you know the person will not attend the burial, please divert the money into a business.

You can just get some low budget undertaker, final resting place ( home or cemetery), pack two puffpuff each in black nylons for 50 people, curry it with either pure water, table water or bottle Miranda depending on your pocket.
Postpone the main burial till further notice.
When you and your siblings are on your feets, you can do it as a form of remembrance and invite the best singers.
Simple.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by heykims(m): 7:34am On May 30, 2023
I just don't understand all these frivolities with burials.
Mr man, all u need for a burial is a casket and the site u will use. Which financial assistance are u seeking?
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Depriest2020: 10:14am On May 30, 2023
My sincere condolences.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Solsix(m): 10:59am On May 30, 2023
Why are you putting your fate in the hands of another person?? Try and see how you will see the local government chairman or better still write the letter and follow it up, the commissioner may also have his plate full.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by kalufelix(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2023
Igbo wahala...
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 30, 2023
My condolences, OP. 🙏
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by AVECDEO: 6:00pm On May 30, 2023
Try as much as possible to compose a formal letter informing the local government of the demise of your Dad.

Atttach to the letter a copy of the appointment letter of your dad and his death certificate.

Go ahead and submit it to the chairman's office amd make sure you get an acknowledgement of what you submitted.

Then make a photocopy Copy of the acknowledgement copy and use that to follow up with the chairman amd even the incoming chairman.

Lastly,you should go to the LGA to find out if there's normally any package for situations like you have got in your hands.

Do it yourself and be fast about it.

E.g...the letter.

We the children of Mr.....regret to inform the local government of the passing away or the untimely demise of our father Mr.... who was an active appointee of the local government before is death......
The need is to inform LGA of his funeral arrangements so.as to render the largely needed the assistance of the local government give to appointee and other benefits.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by yemmit90: 6:33pm On May 30, 2023
Sorry about your father's death, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

But must you inform them before they do the right thing? If your dad is a keg worker in that local government, I don't think you need to officially write any letter for burial assistance.

I will advise you to inform them about the date and program and use what you have for the burial.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by juman(m): 6:47pm On May 30, 2023
Sorry for the loss.
You need the money for those living. Spending money for burial should not be on your mind.
Bury your father as soon as possible. You dont need flamboyant burial.

You people are even poor.

See how muslims bury their dead. You can learn one or more thing from it.
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On May 30, 2023
jUeLiZ:
■ We agreed to write to local government to inform them...we planned to use one my relatives who is a commissioner in the state, we informed him and he agreed to. After a week i called to find out, the letter has not been drafted and sent to the local government, infact, up till now he has not really shown interest on writing the letter. He even said, we're the one who are supposed to write the letter. The whole thing is just a mess right now. We have limited funds for the burial rites and we hope the local government may assist since he was a member. Now the chairman will be leaving office on the 12th of June, because he constested and won the state house seat. Please I just need someone to advise me right now on how to go about this....Also when writing the letter is it proper to include a phone number and account number or something.
I am not certain whether the exact intent is to inform the government(his employer and those he worked with) of his passing or to solicit funds for the burial. But here is a sample letter online

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-samples/hr-forms/pages/employee-death-announcement.aspx

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by Rickyzagy: 6:54pm On May 30, 2023
GodWrites:
Op. I'm so sorry for your loss.

But I'm yet to understand the issue.

You don't need to throw a grand party.

I suspect you are an Igbo.

Igbos know how to waste resources in the name of befitting burial.

They are ready to sale land and renovate the family house for a reason I don't understand.

All you need is family and friends. Get a coffin and throw the man 6 feet below.

You don't need to beg or go into debt because you want to bury the dead.

Your main problem is ignorance and that's why you are a fool . Read again
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by GodWrites: 8:32pm On May 30, 2023
Rickyzagy:

Your main problem is ignorance and that's why you are a fool . Read again

You don't even deserve to be buried. Just leave your corpse for the vultures to feed. Read again
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by APCNig: 11:11am On May 31, 2023
Is the Local Government supposed to bury your father for you? You have no shame.

Nah God forgive the dead man, and may his soul rest in peace
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by APCNig: 11:12am On May 31, 2023
sunnymighty:

Which needful? Is the local government supposed to bury his father for him? Abi you self no get shame?
Re: I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. by shortIGBOman: 1:40pm On May 31, 2023
jUeLiZ:

After a week i called to find out, the letter has not been drafted and sent to the local government, infact, up till now he has not really shown interest on writing the letter. He even said, we're the one who are supposed to write the letter. The whole thing is just a mess right now.

In the North Local Government help with things like this. Thats one of their core duties. Weather your Dad work in that Local Government or not. Providd you are an indegine. You are entitle to make financial request in your LG. You can write and seek for financial help.

There is department of Social welfare in every Local Government. Thats what the department was created for.

Write your letter for financial request to the Chairman. You can do that through your Councillor.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Motherhood / She Has An Uncontrollable Appetite For S.ex, She Needs Help!! / Adorn Your Home/office With Our Affordable And Beautiful Roller Blind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.