Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech (10289 Views)

“Not A Dime”. Davido Clarifies He Performed For Free At Otti’s Inauguration. / Davido Performs At Alex Otti’s Inauguration Party In Abia (Video/Photos) / Osinbajo To Commission Solar Hybrid Power Plant In Alex Ekwueme University Ebony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by internationalman(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2023
felong:

Buhari didn't start good.

That's because he had no idea about where, how or when to begin.

Buhari didn't even start nothing in those 8yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by McStoic(m): 9:14am On May 30, 2023
Goodlady:
That's why Davido played for free at your swearing in.

Really? So Davido performed there?

1 Like

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Nice2023(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2023
onumadu:
I wish Abia state God's speed!
For the FIRST TIME I'm feeling very optimistic about a governor in Abia.
God bless Gov. Alex Otti.

Same way...I just wish all the bad roads around my village and others can be done speedily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by McStoic(m): 9:15am On May 30, 2023
horsepower102:

He is davido’s God father since birth.

Hmmm ..just getting to know this now oo

1 Like

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by callthefred: 9:16am On May 30, 2023
I'll say I'm impressed though the 500k still won't really do much but better indeed than 10k.

1 Like

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Madmohamed123: 9:18am On May 30, 2023
Penguin2:
In keeping with global and expert agreement that SMEs drive economies, the new governor of Abia State, Dr Alex Otti, has launched a 10 billion Naira MSMEs financing scheme that will target 20,000 entrepreneurs in the next 2 years.

The idea of empowering MSMEs is that if you empower 20,000 entrepreneurs with seed capital, not 10k insignificant trader money, you are going to be hopeful that about 10,000 of them will succeed. Now, when the business of the 10,000 starts to flourish, they are going to need at least 2 employees to help them manage the business. Multiply 2 into 10,000 and you have 20,000 people that is employed. Add that 20,000 to the 10,000 owners of a flourishing MSMEs and you will have 30,000 people that you have successfully taken out of joblessness. And with good management and training, their number of employees will keep increasing.

Repeat the process after monitoring the progress of the first batch and by the time you are done in office, you may have created about 100,000 millionaires, not trader money beneficiaries.

That’s how people with brains run an economy, and this is not rocket science.

https://twitter.com/FinPlanKaluAja1/status/1663239986341384192?t=ChENyOiEh5E9EDpjcK0N8Q&s=19
South east will rise again from ebonyi to Anambra to Enugu to Abia the only problem we have is imo state and I'm breeding to imo youth to make sure they dismantle hopeless ozodimgba and his criminal gang from imo state.

We will monitor Enugu state and see what he has to offer, ebonyi governor should start where umahi stop

Is better we focus on our region and leave Nigeria to the people who think they are born to rule let them damage it beyond repair

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by nony43(m): 9:32am On May 30, 2023
onumadu:

True.
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Dpharisee: 9:40am On May 30, 2023
HacheNoire:
Same way Ikpeazu started!

We all know how it ended…
Ikpeazu was a disaster even before he was sworn in through a rigged poll, Abians protested against his imposition by TA Orji and maybe that's why he punished the state with poor governance
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Nice2023(m): 9:49am On May 30, 2023
Madmohamed123:
South east will rise again from ebonyi to Anambra to Enugu to Abia the only problem we have is imo state and I'm breeding to imo youth to make sure they dismantle hopeless ozodimgba and his criminal gang from imo state.

We will monitor Enugu state and see what he has to offer, ebonyi governor should start where umahi stop

Is better we focus on our region and leave Nigeria to the people who think they are born to rule let them damage it beyond repair

Very important statement here.
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Cantonese: 10:14am On May 30, 2023
mrvitalis:
I love this sir but wish it was streamlined to certain key sectors and increased to like 20 billion to 100 billion

1)Leather works ; the potential in the world market is there ,ABA has the the technical knowledge , comparative advantage so what does she needs
a) finishing , establish multiple leader works finishing facilities with the latest technologies and machines , shoe makers can take their products their to finish , giving it higher quality looks n feel with world class finishing
b ) branding ,any shoe with Made in Aba logo must meet certain QA/QC criteria , in the areas of quality, finishing , presentation
c) vocational training program, for new shoe and leader works makers , teaching of French ( to break into the francophone countries ) and use of social media marketing skills

2) fashion industry, this is already well established all ABA needs is branding , made in Aba should denote quality, durability , so QA/QC is important here to maintain the brand , social media marketing is key here too

Creating garment factory with only specialized machines that can't be easy to get , like Lazer design machine etc

Then the metal works n fabrication market is key too ,ABA steal needs to be upgraded ...ABA glass focused on creating extra department for tableware ,revive the ceramic factory

Agreed, but do not let us forget the basics.

1. Security
2. Infrastructure
3. Agriculture

What is the value of providing the finances, when those basic issues are not addressed? Those are the lingering problems that the entire nation has been facing. Without electricity, how can industries thrive? Without roads, how can goods/products get into the markets? These all need to be addressed by all governments.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by kosssy: 10:22am On May 30, 2023
That amount of capital will be insignificant to any entrepreneur. I will suggest that the governor use that money instead to revitalize all the technical colleges within the state and also construct more. This will help curb the rate of unemployed youths that our contemporary colleges and universities churn out year in and year out. My 2 cents.
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by fabolouz1(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2023
Great idea but 10billion is small.
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Theophinio(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2023
A man ready to serve. You know them by their words. Very straightforward.

Abia State will flourish as never before

God bless you sir
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:37am On May 30, 2023
Penguin2:

You must think everyone is a thief like the people you always choose to support.

I’m sure you have seen how to hit the ground running from day one and not by shouting “subsidy is gone!”

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:46am On May 30, 2023
onumadu:

I'm feeling optimistic too, but mine is tinged with some caution. Discerning minds will understand why i say so.

We'll know if we can do away with the caution in about a years time from now.
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by mrvitalis(m): 11:15am On May 30, 2023
Cantonese:

Agreed, but do not let us forget the basics.

1. Security
2. Infrastructure
3. Agriculture

What is the value of providing the finances, when those basic issues are not addressed? Those are the lingering problems that the entire nation has been facing. Without electricity, how can industries thrive? Without roads, how can goods/products get into the markets? These all need to be addressed by all governments.

Cheers.
Security is not a problem,the insecurity you see is a symptom not a problem

Agriculture ? Abia don't have comparative advantage in agriculture for me tho .... expect fish farming tilapia and Catfish ....maybe green house vegetables farming

Agriculture is not a low hanging fruit for now

Infrastructure is a must

2 Likes

Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Diddycsbsb: 1:27pm On May 30, 2023
Ship is sailing⛵
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Dracas: 10:24pm On May 30, 2023
Na results we wan see
Re: Economic points in Alex Otti's inauguration speech by Caseless: 12:54am On May 31, 2023
"Let me state that for me, awards, honours and recognitions are not welcome until I leave office. Put diffently, any awards, titles, recognitions or the like that I did not receive before now should wait until we leave office."
Brilliant!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want Justice Nigerian Policemen Robbed Me At Gunpoint - Help ! / Aregbesola: Osun Assembly Dismisses Judge’s Petition, Says It Lacks Merit / Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Mourns Victims Of Church Building Collapse.I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.