Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal (36691 Views)

How Deep Do You Know About Federal Government Of Nigeria Bonds -FGN BONDS / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Buhari Presidential Election Win / Bonds Investors Hub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Obinoscopy(m): 1:08pm On May 30, 2023
Nigeria Eurobonds rise after President Tinubu announces fuel subsidy removal
May 30, 2023, 2:18 am

JOHANNESBURG, May 30 (Reuters) - Nigeria's sovereign dollar-denominated bonds rose on Tuesday after new President Bola Tinubu said at his swearing in on Monday that a costly fuel subsidy would be removed and the central bank should work towards a unified exchange rate.

Eurobonds were up as much as 1.5 cents in the dollar, with the 2029 maturity rising to 85.88 cents at 0722 GMT . Its yield of 11.78% was the lowest since the end of February. (Reporting by Rachel Savage, Editing by Karin Strohecker)
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nigeria-eurobonds-rise-president-tinubu-071827820.html

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Xscape1993(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2023
I don't understand ooo. Subsidy removal or hoarding of fuel? I think subsidy has not been removed officially by the Nigeria's president ooo. English ooo...

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Obinoscopy(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2023
Good development. However more needs to be done. Tinubu has to ensure that the local refineries are working and also have to commence the cushioning effect asap. If he delays then he just succeeded in signing his political death warant as he would become unpopular.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Hhansome(m): 1:10pm On May 30, 2023
I am a patriotic Nigerian and I believe we shall get it right soon. It is a process.

Not a fan and didn't support BAT but I want Nigeria to work.

174 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:10pm On May 30, 2023
cool

Even without an executive order

Ironically Tinubu was the first ever Governor to approach the Bond market in funding Lagos infrastructural deficit

With Tinubu expect PPP model of funding, privatized infrastructure with tolls,

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by LeoDeKing: 1:11pm On May 30, 2023
Lemme speak ipobly.

The bond did not rise because of Tinubu.

It rose because pandora Obituary's manhood will be recovered. cool

88 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by GeneralPula: 1:11pm On May 30, 2023
This is looking nice..

If it goes like this, their would be some decrease in inflation..

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by LegendHero(m): 1:12pm On May 30, 2023
solmusdesigns:
Even without an executive order

I think investors trust his word.

They know he is being serious with it this time around compared to his predecessors.

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by GeneralPula: 1:12pm On May 30, 2023
Obinoscopy:
Good development. However more needs to be done. Tinubu has to ensure that the local refineries are working and also have to commence the cushioning effect asap. If he delays then he just succeeded in signing his political death warant as he would become unpopular.
Exactly..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Zonefree(m): 1:12pm On May 30, 2023
Obinoscopy:
If you believe Tinubu got good plans for Nigeria, then I have a flying elephant to sell to you.

27 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:13pm On May 30, 2023
LegendHero:

I think investors trust his word

A Notorious narcotic drug trafficking president word

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Orbhagbemi555: 1:13pm On May 30, 2023
Zonefree:

If you believe Tinubu got good plans for Nigeria, then I have a flying elephant to sell to you.
Painment 😁😄

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by LegendHero(m): 1:13pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

Obi of Onitsha always sell the drug to him.

I heard Tinubu singlehandedly sent the Yeeboooslavia drug trafficker on their mission to populate prisons in Taiwan, Kenya, Singapore, Malaysia, and etc.

Soon he will buy the palace of Obi of Onitsha from the drug proceed.

90 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:13pm On May 30, 2023
LegendHero:

I think investors trust his word

cool yes they do... As at 1999 to 2003 he was the first to approach bonds market to develop Lagos and the investors were satisfied

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:14pm On May 30, 2023
LegendHero:

Obi of Onitsha always sell the drug to him.

I knew you were cracking jokes when posted that comment

I didn't take you serious

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:14pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

Is it not time for someone from your region to also traffic drugs and become a President instead of ending up in Asian prison

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by GeneralPula: 1:15pm On May 30, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Lemme speak ipobly.

The bond did not rise because of Tinubu.

It rose because pandora Obituary's will be recovered. cool
I don’t think all of these are necessary anymore bro..

Make we just focus on a better Nigeria..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Lyrics269: 1:15pm On May 30, 2023
BABA TINUBU giving all the IPOB members heart attack

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by GeneralPula: 1:15pm On May 30, 2023
Xscape1993:
I don't understand ooo. Subsidy removal or hoarding of fuel? I think subsidy has not been removed officially by the Nigeria's president ooo. English ooo...
Subsidy & unification of exchange rate..

The previous government already removed the subsidy and it effect starts by June

Our petrol marketers are just the ones hoarding fuel for selfish interest..

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:16pm On May 30, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Is it not time for someone from your region to also traffic drugs and become a president instead of ending up in Asian prison

"Mr Tinubu’s many controversies, from perjury, multiple identities, corruption to documented drug-trafficking, are also beginning to embolden the country’s darker instincts, with politicians, officials and security operatives, making a show of competing for who is the baddest gangster."

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:18pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

"Mr Tinubu’s many controversies, from perjury, multiple identities, corruption to documented drug-trafficking, are also beginning to embolden the country’s darker instincts, with politicians, officials and security operatives, making a show of competing for who is the baddest gangster."

Super story

If it's easy Ojuckwu and Nnamdi Azikwe would aspire to become Tinubu GCFR

Abeg rest

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by lexylaw40: 1:20pm On May 30, 2023
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:21pm On May 30, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Super story

If it's easy Ojuckwu and Nnamdi Azikwe would aspire to become Tinubu GCFR

Abeg rest

You actually need this rest so that you can think properly

You are losing it all

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:23pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

You actually need this rest so that you can think properly

You are losing it all

cheesy

Say it without crying

" Tinubu is our President "

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Igbosareuseless: 1:24pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

Yeah, they trust him more than your beer drunkard and IPOB sympathetic pig

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:24pm On May 30, 2023
solmusdesigns:

cheesy

Say it without crying

" Tinubu is our President "

Tinubu is the president of the federal republic of Nigeria

I think that is better

I hope you have bought some fuel for use today

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Xscape1993(m): 1:27pm On May 30, 2023
GeneralPula:

Subsidy & unification of exchange rate..

The previous government already removed the subsidy and it effect starts by June

Our petrol marketers are just the ones hoarding fuel for selfish interest..
Okay.
Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by solmusdesigns: 1:27pm On May 30, 2023
Bobloco:

Tinubu is the president of the federal republic of Nigeria

I think that is better

I hope you have bought some fuel for use today

Yes oo, I got enough to last me a week in a four cylinder engine

Or do you want all our income as a country to go to subsidy payment and loan repayment?!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Dafresh: 1:29pm On May 30, 2023
GeneralPula:

I don’t think all of these are necessary anymore bro..

Make we just focus on a better Nigeria..
All Nigerians that are in Asia prison are Tinubu boys, he trained them and he set them on a mission but some were cut and some came back and become billionaires
Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by Bobloco: 1:31pm On May 30, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Yes oo, I got enough to last me a week in a four cylinder engine

Or do you want all our income as a country to go to subsidy payment and loan repayment?!

2 weeks max, it's finished so what happens after then

At the bolded, why did Tinubu and his ilks objected to it during Goodluck Jonathan regime, even went as far as sponsoring protests

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal by GeneralPula: 1:31pm On May 30, 2023
Dafresh:

All Nigerians that are in Asia prison are Tinubu boys, he trained them and he set them on a mission but some were cut and some came back and become billionaires
While I was telling that moniker all of these are not necessary, here’s another headless mob flipping..

You people sha..

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can The Board Of Directors Fire The Owner Of A Company? / 10 Categories Of People That Will React To The Death Of Sergei Mavrodi / MMM Guilders In Osun State Celebrates Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.