Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge (37281 Views)

Obidients React As Twitter Removes Blue Tick From Peter Obi’s Twitter Handle / KADUNA: Uba Sani Removes Tinubu Picture From His Banner / Twitter Removes Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by ogododo: 2:41pm On May 30, 2023
Microblogging media platform, Twitter, has removed the verification badge attached to the account of President Bola Tinubu.

This is coming hours after the verification badge of the immediate past Vice-President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, was removed on Monday.

At the time of filing this report on Tuesday, our correspondent observed that Tinubu’s tag had been removed. However, the one on the account of the former president, Muhammadu Buhari, remained.

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1663540137035464705

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Dpen11(f): 2:42pm On May 30, 2023
More explanation biko

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by taylor88(m): 2:50pm On May 30, 2023
Shebi una see wetin una Tinubu don cause

Olosho wey I dey carry 20k per night as at last week Friday

I call babe now she dey tell me 28k bcuz TFare inclusive

Since APC begin run all arms of Government una see me complain or protest?

Why will they touch my department of joy?

Come be like say TOTO dey use fuel i no come understand again

97 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by dustmalik: 2:54pm On May 30, 2023
Well, they will soon attach the appropriate badge, which is the yellow one.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by seunmsg(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2023
The verification was removed because of the profile picture change. The old picture was removed and replaced with the official portrait and the president. Same thing happened to Prof. Yemi Osinbajo’s account yesterday. It’s just basic Twitter rule.

118 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Felabrity: 2:57pm On May 30, 2023
These news outlets can be so clueless at times

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by LagosEmir: 2:59pm On May 30, 2023
seunmsg:
The verification was removed because of the profile picture change. The old picture was removed and replaced with the official portrait and the president. Same thing happened to Prof. Yemi Osinbajo’s account yesterday. It’s just basic Twitter rule.
Small talk, you are mentioning Yemi Osibanjo in your lies . I thought you guys called Osibanjo a Judas who betrayed Tinubu simply because he exercised his constitutional right of contesting for the office of the president .

Una go dey alright las las

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Martinsmine(m): 3:13pm On May 30, 2023
Even my brothers and sisters in usa get blue badge. Whats expensive getting a badge. Just 8dollars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2023
Ashiwaju Jagaban Presido

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by seunmsg(m): 3:38pm On May 30, 2023
LagosEmir:

Small talk, you are mentioning Yemi Osibanjo in your lies . I thought you guys called Osibanjo a Judas who betrayed Tinubu simply because he exercised his constitutional right of contesting for the office of the president .

A lot of us respected and defended Yemi Osinbajo’s right to legitimately seek election into the office of the president. We promoted him as our star boy since 2015 and defended him against attacks from the same obedients who are now trying to pass off as his friends when he lost the primary to Tinubu.

Calling his name is only because he had a similar experience yesterday with Twitter and nothing else. The example could have been any other person with similar experience. So, I don’t get your outrage.

Not that I owe you or likes any explanation but I just need to set the record straight.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by dayleke: 3:41pm On May 30, 2023
Won ti gbe ni handicap
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Raskimonojendor: 3:41pm On May 30, 2023
seunmsg:
Thanks for the education. Na dem go out it back.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Ashabbiiee: 3:41pm On May 30, 2023
Maybe he changed his picture

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by gasparpisciotta: 3:41pm On May 30, 2023
Twitter badge is not a prerequisite for anything IMO

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:41pm On May 30, 2023
It's monthly payment, they should pay for it now

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by GreaterFuture(m): 3:42pm On May 30, 2023
This app in the last Year to two... Completely unnecessary, artificial issues
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by FuckTheMod: 3:42pm On May 30, 2023
grin
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by GogetterMD(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2023
Ridiculous news. It was removed because the profile picture was changed to the official portrait. The verification would be reinstated in due time

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by ecolime(m): 3:43pm On May 30, 2023
Is this news? 🤔
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Optimistdude: 3:43pm On May 30, 2023
Can they just strip Balablu of the presidency?
He was fraudulently given at night.

Blue tick first, presidency next.
Return our STOLEN MANDATE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Obaofaba: 3:43pm On May 30, 2023
LagosEmir:

Sharrap princeofowerri

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Nahunger(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
Na normal nau, if e pay $8 Elon musk go out am back.
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by iscom(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
OK ooo
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by saasala(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
The children of perdition and hate, oya come o, something for you to masturbate on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Keaton(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
Thiefnubuu is a national disgrace

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by jayred: 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
President of over 200M Nigerians has only 1.9M followers shows how much they love him indeed... radarada

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by dyera(m): 3:44pm On May 30, 2023
Twitter and US knows that Tinubu is not a constitutionally elected president and would be kicked out of office soon, that's why US President did not congratulate Tinubu with tweet let alone with speech and Twitter removed Tinubu's verification badge.
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by condralbedez: 3:45pm On May 30, 2023
Watin Consign us now
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Helpfromabove1(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2023
Will this news normalize the present fuel issue
Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by obembet(f): 3:45pm On May 30, 2023
Congratulations to Obidient

1 Like

Re: Twitter Removes Tinubu’s Verification Badge by Triangles1(m): 3:45pm On May 30, 2023
Y people care about Twitter so much even the owner is getting it rough to stand from the world power, Twitter is not useful like Facebook, WhatsApp, even tinder and 2go are more relevant than Twitter.

What has Twitter add to the influence of the world in general.

Person no fit drink water keep cup again.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) / Alleged Thumb Printing Of Ballots At Ketu, Mile 12 And Other Markets / Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.