Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Federal Job Or Private Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Federal Job Or Private Job (13368 Views)

Should I Pursue Another Federal Job Or Leave For Canada? / Why Do Doctors Start Federal Job On Level 12? / Private Job Or Govt. Job (advise Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Gppgn(f): 11:49am On May 31, 2023
sammirano:
It seems you are not certain of your competency.
what's there... he can learn on the job
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Draei: 11:49am On May 31, 2023
See stupid question. The gap is just too wide to be asking this stupid question. Be like you never really suffer.

Stay there dey talk of job security.

5 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Rinsiwealth: 11:49am On May 31, 2023
Private
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by BmAe: 11:51am On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:

I wasn't called for interview,I have done all the interviews and it was successful. I have already received offer of employment from both already. I'm just confused on which one exactly is the best choice
i beg you give me the 95k own, my eyes no big

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by groovy12: 11:51am On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:
1. Federal Hospital Job - ₦95,000 monthly
2. General Manager of a subsidiary of a big pharmaceutical company - ₦500,000 monthly.

I have been out of job for 2yrs before these employments, I have really suffered that in those 2years, where my family have disowned cos I have been so poor and hopeless.

Now I want to make the right choice, which job should I pick cos I'm also thinking of japa very soon
Bros tk d company job n hv peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by highness25(m): 11:51am On May 31, 2023
lavylilly:
My son accept that federal job anyday.
Hnd and Bsc for federal job dey get same level 7

For them to even call you for interview mean say you have been employed already. Interview for federal job na just to fulfill all righteousness. Because they hardly put federal job vacancy on advert. Which means for you to be called for interview then you know principal officer in that institution
My son as you dey like this so, them don already send your name go Abuja.

Your offer of temporary appointment letter will come with ease
Followed by regularisation letter
Then confirmation letter ( once those three letters arrive ehnnnnn. My son you be chairman)
You will get your promotion every three years with ease
Annual leave is sure
No body will ever threaten you with sack.
Federal Staff are migrating into integrated payroll system so your salary will be complete without any deductions from Union
Infact you will be growing academically
Because you can further your education. By applying for study leave with pay or no pay
Your hazard allowance na bomb

My son as you dey get more certificate and qualifications
Then the institution go dey upgrade you
And you go dey request for conversion from one department to another as you wish, if you really be the serious type then you can build your house in 4-6yrs

All this with salary of how much? In my opinion, doing business is far better than these federal jobs

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by MrAmbrose(m): 11:53am On May 31, 2023
My dear, take the 500k monthly payment, unless you love suffer then you can take the federal work.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Kellyewoma: 12:02pm On May 31, 2023
It's better you go for the federal govt job. The advantage is that, you have job security, you will have enough time or freedom to engage in other businesses that can fetch you money.and if there's any season you didn't get much money from your business, you can fall back or rely on your normal monthly salary, you can still travel abroad when you grow to a certain level in the federal work, you have anough freedom to further your education either in Nigeria or abroad, you will grow to the level of director as you get your promotions every three year. Unlike the govt work, if you chose the other job, you will enjoy 500k every month at the begining but your job security is not guaranteed, you can be fired at anytime. And if that happens you will go back to where you are coming from. Unlike the govt work, You will not have time to do other businesses, you need to understand that salary alone is not enough to take care of family and leave a wealthy life except you want to leave an average life. if not, You need to engage in businesses to make enough cash. Apply wisdom. Opportunity comes but ones.
thelords4u:

For a federal Government job as medical worker, no matter your other qualifications they will start with you from level 7 and the pay is 95k monthly. I understand your point anyway about japa but I'm just scared of job security in private sector ( I can just be sacked after 2 months for whatever flimsy excuse) knowing I have been at home for 2 years without job

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 31, 2023
Hmmmn OP if you take that federal job, Mark this date, you will regret it for the rest of your life. You have no idea what we federal workers are facing. We are entitled to certain allowances but we don't get them. We can barely even feed not to talk of saving to start a business. Are you aware that this month, no federal worker has been paid due to glitches in CBN. I have a very sure opportunity to leave this country but I can't even get 800k to process it, loans everywhere. Meanwhile I once had a private job where I earned 250k and I was leaving way better than this, just imagine how you'll live with 500k and even save enough to japa.
That confusion you are having right now is from the pit of hell. Make the right choice this time around for the sake of your kids o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by isabi2lof: 12:05pm On May 31, 2023
500k shey you dey whine me

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by darexolu16(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:
2. General Manager of a subsidiary of a big pharmaceutical company - ₦500,000 monthly.

I have been out of job for 2yrs before these employments, I have really suffered that in those 2years, where my family have disowned cos I have been so poor and hopeless.

Now I want to make the right choice, which job should I pick cos I'm also thinking of japa very soon

since u said it's a big pharmaceutical company and not start-up den u can be rest assured of job security at least for a considerable amount of time..then ur service will speak for u later...take the 500k job and be a good man that u are

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by fayomim: 12:10pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:

Stupid question angry angry angry

if you want to suffer and continue to manage, take the 95k job but if you want to have a good life and still japa as you have planned, take the 500k.

Don't say I didn't tell you ohh

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:10pm On May 31, 2023
You have long term plans to japa and you are contemplating a 95k job. You are a joker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 31, 2023
Kellyewoma:
It's better you go for the federal govt job. The advantage is that, you have job security, you will have enough time or freedom to engage in other businesses that can fetch you money.and if there's any season you didn't get much money from your business, you can fall back or rely on your normal monthly salary, you can still travel abroad when you grow to a certain level in the federal work, you have anough freedom to further your education either in Nigeria or abroad, you will grow to the level of director as you get your promotions every three year. Unlike the govt work, if you chose the other job, you will enjoy 500k every month at the begining but your job security is not guaranteed, you can be fired at anytime. And if that happens you will go back to where you are coming from. Apply wisdom. Opportunity comes but ones.

You can have enough time to engage in business when you can save up money to even start up the business in the first place. The OP didn't say he already had an existing business. This is his ticket from poverty after 2 whole years. Do you think it's easy to get promoted in the federal system, do you know how long he has to work before he starts earning 500k in the federal system and considering inflation in this country, what will be the worth of that 500k then?
With the things happening in Nigeria currently especially now that we have a drug lord as a president, you think the border will always remain open to japa abi?
Please let this man make the right choice.
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by GradExams: 12:13pm On May 31, 2023
Go for the pharmaceutical job. Even of you lose it in 3months. You would have something to start with again.

Just in case, I help in school project writing, course work assessments with case study both for foreign or local schools. Plagiarism checks e,tc.
WhatsApp 09022014817

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Akpovie021(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:

How ona take dey see job opportunities?? Pls ask japa dey ur mind so take the 500k job, but if u still like stay 9ja take 95k own.
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by nwakibie3(m): 12:16pm On May 31, 2023
Op I know you meant the pharmaceutical firm wants to pay you 50k monthly hence the question

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by sacajawea: 12:21pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:

Yh all that aside...
But Family disowned you??!
Like blood , immediate family? Hope you are not exaggerating?
Same mother same father? Abi na wife and kids you are talking about
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by OvertheTop(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:

I no dey whine you, it's the truth... I have both offer of employment as I dey. I am 41yrs old married with kids but lost my job about 2-3yrs ago ran into debts and many financial problems. So I have been living a terrible life with children until God now gave me these two offers. But I just want to get things right this time, I can't afford to make any mistake this time

In this Terrible Economy, it will take 5 to 6 month of the Gov job to earn the Private Job Salary.
Just Make sure the Private Job is a Stable Organization. To me its the better choice

When you are there, Make sure you Save 400k per month and buy a Commercial vehicle for Back up in 5 Months Max

without a Backup in a Private Job, You are Walking on very Thin Ice.

Take the 500k JOB and SAVE like you are on the Gov Salary of 95 k. i mean Save Aggressively 400k per month and Buy a side Hustle CAR

2 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by SpatialKing(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2023
Non
I will rather go for
International Organizations jobs
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Akumoney(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2023
The N500k salary looks good but those it have job security?
And the N95k salary what is the prospect of Promotion?
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by ifko: 12:27pm On May 31, 2023
Only your village people can push u to take that FG job.
Go for the private firm job and enroll in professional courses to upgrade yourself.
Your unborn kid will be proud of you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by emmytemmy: 12:28pm On May 31, 2023
i will just advice to seek the face of God on the right one to choose
Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Focusmind: 12:30pm On May 31, 2023
I hope this your story is true.

Being out of job for two years and suffering and, all of a sudden, landed a GM position in a subsidiary of a multinational pharmaceutical company undecided undecided undecided

Do you know how multinationals operates or hires?? You must have grown through the ranks or hired from the competition as a performer.

Anyway, what do I know?? If you really got the subsidiary of the multinational company's job on merit, you should not be asking this question. It is a place for growth, learning and career advancement.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Godtemi: 12:34pm On May 31, 2023
LET ME GIVE YOU A GODLY ADVICE.

1. REMEMBER THAT THE 500K IS GROSS, HENCE AFTER NET, IT WOULD BE LIKE 300K PLUS.

2. ACCEPT IT, AND KEEP MANAGING YOUR LIFE JUST HAS YOU HAVE BEEN LIVING WHEN YOU HAVE NO JOB FOR 2 YEARS. WITH THIS, YOU CAN HAVE A GOOD SAVING. PLEASE, NEVER SHOW OFF.

3. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET, NEVER START A JOB BELIEVING YOU WILL BE SACK. HAVE A MINDSET THAT YOU WILL DO YOU BEST AND HAD VALUE TO YOURSELF AND THE COMPANY.

I APPLIED THIS WISDOM TO MY LIFE VIA THE HELP OF HOLY SPIRIT, AND FROM A VILLAGE TO LAGOS, TO EUROPE, AND NOW CANADA PERMANENTLY.

DESPITE THAT I AND MY WIFE EARN A BETTER MANAGERIAL SALAY HERE IN CANADA. WE ONLY HAVE 1 CAR, AND IT'S A USED CAR. WE COOK OUR FOOD. WE ONLY BUY FAST FOODS ON SATURDAY. WE EAT GOOD FRUITS AND NIGERIA FOOD EVERY DAY. I AM STILL USING THE CLOTHES I HAD SINCE 3-4 YEARS AGO.
THE SAME PHONE I HAD BEEN USING 5 YEARS AGO.

WERE WE GET IT WRONG IS THAT WE DO BELIEVE THAT WHEN WE SHOW OFF IS WHEN PEOPLE BELIEVE WE RE VALUABLE.

KEEP A LOW KEY, SAVE AND INVEST, HELP THE POOR, YOUR COMMUNITY, ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. DON'T DO DRUGS, STAY AWAY FROM FRAUD. WALK IN THE WAY OF GOD. TRUST ME, THIS IS A GOOD SECRET OF LIVING HAPPILY,HEALTHY WITH PEACE OF MIND.

HENCE, TAKE THE 500K JOB AND FOLLOW MY ADVICE.

ONE LAST THING APART FROM DOING MY JOB DILIGENTLY IS MALACH 3:10

9 Likes

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Olumeme: 12:37pm On May 31, 2023
Oboy, go for 500k job.
Any government job you will earn 75k as a graduate, is thrash.

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Draei: 12:38pm On May 31, 2023
OvertheTop:

In this Terrible Economy, it will take 5 to 6 month of the Gov job to earn the Private Job Salary.
Just Make sure the Private Job is a Stable Organization. To me its the better choice

When you are there, Make sure you Save 400k per month and buy a Commercial vehicle for Back up in 5 Months Max

without a Backup in a Private Job, You are Walking on very Thin Ice.

Take the 500k JOB and SAVE like you are on the Gov Salary of 95 k. i mean Save Aggressively 400k per month and Buy a side Hustle CAR

Una go just dey talk waaaah! Save 400k like say na so e easy. For a family man with children abi undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by peacesampson(f): 12:42pm On May 31, 2023
My advise is for u to take that federal govt job, reason for job security,the other is very attractive salary wise, but what guarantee do u have at the private firm, that they will not fire u same yr as employed (God forbid) on a second angle if u take the private work atleast with one year u can save enough money to travel out since is ur dream..in all pray that God will direct ur steps
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:

1 Like

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by Nice2023(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2023
thelords4u:
I just got two jobs:

Go for the private job.

I am a federal govt employee.

Is a lazy man job...it will make u redundant and pathetically set u back in old age unlike the private job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Job Or Private Job by OvertheTop(m): 12:52pm On May 31, 2023
Draei:

Una go just dey talk waaaah! Save 400k like say na so e easy. For a family man with children abi undecided

What are You saying....
Can't You see he is Considering a 95k(80k take-home) JOB?
Tell me How Much will be available for Spending then (Even with Children)

if he can consider a 95k job(with Family) that means with the 500k job, He can Save about 400k Aggressively for 6 months

Do you get my point?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanofijoy 2.0 Announced Internship Programme For Young Nigerians / Nigerian Navy New Doctors Salary / Describe Your Job In One Word.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.