Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima (23558 Views)

Not A Single Kobo Has Been Saved From Fuel Subsidy Removal - Ajaero / My Friend Got Tired Making Money From Fuel Subsidy, Begged President To Stop It / IPMAN Protests Exclusion From Fuel Distribution By NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by dre11(m): 6:04am On May 31, 2023
Vice President Kashim Shettima has reaffirmed the government’s commitment to tackling the long-standing issues of fuel subsidy and multiple exchange rates.

He disclosed this to State House correspondents on Tuesday in his first interview after resuming work at the Presidential Villa .

He emphasised the urgent need to address these challenges for the betterment of the Nigerian nation.

Shettima referred to President Bola Tinubu recent pronouncements on the fuel subsidy stating that it is crucial to either remove the fuel subsidy or risk its detrimental effects on the country.

He highlighted that in 2022 alone, a staggering $10 billion was spent on subsidizing the extravagant lifestyle of the upper class, with only minimal benefits trickling down to the poorest 40% of Nigerians.

Shettima acknowledged that unveiling such a complex issue would face fierce opposition from those who have been benefiting from the subsidy scam.

Nevertheless, Vice President Shettima expressed confidence in President’s strong will and conviction to push through necessary reforms.

He assured the public that the president has noble intentions for the nation, which would become apparent in due time.

Shettima pledged that the issue of fuel subsidy would be squarely addressed, urging for swift action to be taken.

Additionally, the vice president mentioned the government’s plan to collapse the multiple exchange rates into a single unified rate.

He acknowledged that this was another significant challenge that needed to be tackled.

Shettima promised that the government would soon unveil its agenda on both fronts, implying that the president would take the lead in articulating the government’s vision.

Vice President Shettima emphasised the importance of a united front, stressing that there can only be one captain steering the ship.

He reiterated his loyalty to the president and expressed his unwavering commitment to working harmoniously with him for the greater good of the nation.

Shettima drew upon his longstanding personal relationship with the president, spanning over a decade, to assure Nigerians of their collaborative efforts.

He said “the president has already made pronouncements yesterday on the issue of the fuel subsidy. The truth of the matter is that it is either we get rid of subsidy or the fuel subsidy gets rid of the Nigerian nation.

“In 2022, we spent $10billion subsidizing the ostentatious lifestyle of the upper class of the society because you and I benefit 90% from the oil subsidy.

“The poor 40% of Nigerians benefit very little. And we know the consequences of unveiling a masquerade. We will get fierce opposition from those benefitting from the oil subsidy scam. But where there is a will, there is a way.

“Be rest assured that our president is a man of strong will and conviction. In the fullness of time you will appreciate his noble intentions for the nation. The issue of fuel subsidy will be frontally addressed. The earlier we do so, the better.

“The issue of multiple exchange rates, we are going to collapse it into one. So these are two big elephants in the room and as the days go by we will be unveiling our agenda.

“He is going to unveil his agenda because as I have always said there can never be two captains in a ship.

“He is the president and commander-in-chief of the armed forces. I’m the vice president. Your relevance is directly proportional to the level of your loyalty to the president.

“This is a gentleman that I have known for well over a decade; that I have interacted closely with. Be rest assured that we are going to work harmoniously as a team, as a family for the greater good of our nation.

https://leadership.ng/we-expect-fierce-opposition-from-fuel-subsidy-beneficiaries-shettima/

54 Likes 15 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Wambiz(m): 6:11am On May 31, 2023
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices
Aren't we the problems of ourselves 😔

230 Likes 19 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 6:13am On May 31, 2023
Shettima nailed it! This is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.

143 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by bhella10: 6:14am On May 31, 2023
Shettima seem to be another fire brand. A two egded knife is all I see at the villa.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by meracool(m): 6:17am On May 31, 2023
I spoke with an MRS staff yesterday and I got to understand that they have enough fuel in their tank farms even collect free subsidy money monthly without duly bringing in new refined products

So.

Beneficiaries of this free money will want to belittle me new administration

But Nigerians and Nigeria as an entity will triumph over local and international saboteurs

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by AntiChristian: 6:17am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
The newly Inaugurated President just announced removal of subsidy and boom oil marketers have started selling at exorbitant prices

I just don't know why some have started criticism! Nothing good comes cheap!

And we are Nigerians! Majority of us act like animals that need to be forced to act right!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by alanto: 6:30am On May 31, 2023
Of course. And those that doesn't want anything good for the country.
I trust Asiwaju's leadership skills.
Nigeria will be respected again.

166 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Aldol: 6:34am On May 31, 2023
A step in the right direction but President Tinubu should deal decisively with those marketers and fuelling stations that are sabotaging and exploiting Nigerians. The subsidy beneficiary thieves including nlc president will come hard on the president acting like they are on Nigerians side, we know the game

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Aldol: 6:36am On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

I just don't know why some have started criticism! Nothing good comes cheap!

And we are Nigerians! Majority of us act like animals that need to be forced to act right!
Those criticising are either doing it out of hatred for the president or are ignorant about subsidy matters. A wise and patriotic Nigerian will wholeheartedly support this subsidy removal

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Racoon(m): 6:38am On May 31, 2023
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. God punish you. Bunch of fucktards and retards.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:39am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Those subsidy thieves will do everything to cripple the economy, and Nigerians must not give-in.

The criminals will act like they are on the peoples side so as to get subsidy running again.
Same way when the past regime of President Goodluck Jonathan wanted to remove and rid Nigeria of this economic monster 13 years ago, but all you demons in the APC vehemently opposed him only to perpetuate the same fraudulent fuel subsidy then lied of removing it again and again. God punish you. Bunch of fucktards and retards.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:39am On May 31, 2023
Aldol:

Those criticising are either doing it out of hatred for the president or are ignorant about subsidy matters. A wise and patriotic Nigerian will wholeheartedly support this subsidy removal

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:40am On May 31, 2023
Aldol:
A step in the right direction but President Tinubu should deal decisively with those marketers and fuelling stations that are sabotaging and exploiting Nigerians. The subsidy beneficiary thieves including nlc president will come hard on the president acting like they are on Nigerians side, we know the game

25 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Racoon(m): 6:40am On May 31, 2023
Aldol:
What was Tinubu and co thinking in 2014 when they organised Ojota and Abuja "occupy/save Nigeria" protests based on lies and propaganda to demonise a government that meant Nigeria well on this same issue? Blood wicked hypocrites

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 6:41am On May 31, 2023
Redoil:

Go back to bed. You asleep.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:42am On May 31, 2023
alanto:
Of course. And those that doesn't want anything good for the country.
I trust Asiwaju's leadership skills.
Nigeria will be respected again.

16 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:42am On May 31, 2023
bhella10:
Shettima seem to be another fire brand. A two egded knife is all I see at the villa.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Redoil: 6:43am On May 31, 2023
meracool:
I spoke with an MRS staff yesterday and I got to understand that they have enough fuel in their tank farms even collect free subsidy money monthly without duly bringing in new refined products

So.

Beneficiaries of this free money will want to belittle me new administration

But Nigerians and Nigeria as an entity will triumph over local and international saboteurs

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by Jogs1900: 6:44am On May 31, 2023
The subsidy must go.
If you are close to the border, you will know that it's Nigeria that subsidizes fuel consumed in neighboring countries.
Most times, the smugglers buy the fuel in Nigeria at the subsidized price of #l65/ltr and smuggle it to Chad, Niger, Benin, Togo, and even as far as Ghana.

How can they say we consume 60 million liters of fuel daily?
Let it go and the money used to subsidize other critical areas like health, education, electricity, etc.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 6:51am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:
Shettima nailed it! These is the kind of leader we need, who can say it as it is.

Who are the subsidy benefactors, the should list them out immidately for all to see.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 6:54am On May 31, 2023
gare:

Who are the subsidy benefactors, the should list them out immidately for all to see.

I wish it could get to that level.

That’s where journalism has failed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 6:55am On May 31, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/we-expect-fierce-opposition-from-fuel-subsidy-beneficiaries-shettima/

Nlfpmod

Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
Total Nigeria Plc
Conoil Plc
Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc
Oando Plc
Forte Oil (now Ardova Plc)
MRS Oil Nigeria Plc
NIPCO Plc
Sahara Energy Resources
Matrix Energy Limited
Rainoil Limited
Folawiyo Energy Limited
Aiteo Group
Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited
AMG Petroenergy Limited
Masters Energy Oil and Gas Limited
Honeywell Group
Shoreline Natural Resources
Integrated Oil and Gas Limited
Techno Oil Limited

Please note that the importation of petroleum products in Nigeria is subject to regulations and licensing requirements set by the government. The specific companies involved in the importation of petrol may change over time due to various factors such as market dynamics, government policies, and industry developments. It is advisable to consult up-to-date sources or official government publications for the most accurate and current information.

Add more if you know

2 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by nairalanda1(m): 6:55am On May 31, 2023
The thing is, subsidy should have gone since 2012, if not earlier.

The party that is in power joined millions of Nigerians in 2012 to protest against the subsidy removal, instead of helping to educate Nigerians as to why subsidy had to go this time.

Well, we are taking medicine that we should have taken decades ago, nay even ten years ago. If we had removed subsidy in 2012, we would be seeing the benefits now.

Don't quote me to tell me GEJ would have chopped the money. If you cannot use your democratic rights to stand up and demand for accountability, then you have no right to grumble.

All in all, good that Buhari and tinubu saw the light once they got into power. Sometimes you need to see things from a different perspective.

105 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by GeneralPula: 7:00am On May 31, 2023
Wambiz:
We’re..

This is the simple truth..

Look at what POS people also did the moment naira policy happened..

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 7:01am On May 31, 2023
HacheNoire:

I wish it could get to that level.

That’s where journalism has failed.

they have to call them all Out, its like they are enemies of progress

3 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by HacheNoire: 7:04am On May 31, 2023
gare:

they have to call them all Out, its like they are enemies of progress

No doubt! They are the real enemies!

4 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 7:06am On May 31, 2023
nairalanda1:
The thing is, subsidy should have gone since 2012, if not earlier.

The party that is in power joined millions of Nigerians in 2012 to protest against the subsidy removal, instead of helping to educate Nigerians as to why subsidy had to go this time.

Well, we are taking medicine that we should have taken decades ago, nay even ten years ago. If we had removed subsidy in 2012, we would be seeing the benefits now.

Don't quote me to tell me GEJ would have chopped the money. If you cannot use your democratic rights to stand up and demand for accountability, then you have no right to grumble.

All in all, good that Buhari and tinubu saw the light once they got into power. Sometimes you need to see things from a different perspective.

They never saw any light, they where selfish and took advantage of the mass then to fight GEJ, they knew the advantages of subsidy removal, but my on take here is why did PMB not fix our refineries before the removal of subsidy, any responsible government should trty as much as possible to mitigate the suffering of it citizens on every issues, but in our own case our leaderes are wicked and dont care about the masses that would suffer the fallout of the subsidy removal. We have Crude, we have working refineries we would not suffer at all.

9 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by bhella10: 7:07am On May 31, 2023
Redoil:

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by nairalanda1(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2023
gare:

They never saw any light, they where selfish and took advantage of the mass then to fight GEJ, they knew the advantages of subsidy removal, but my on take here is why did PMB not fix our refineries before the removal of subsidy, any responsible government should trty as much as possible to mitigate the suffering of it citizens on every issues, but in our own case our leaderes are wicked and dont care about the masses that would suffer the fallout of the subsidy removal. We have Crude, we have working refineries we would not suffer at all.

Fixing refineries is impossible under subsidy. You are in essence using the money that would have been used for refineries for subsidy.

That is why it had to go.

Anyway, NNPC is fixing up the refineries now. All of them.

101 Likes

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by chidiokay: 7:10am On May 31, 2023
Racoon:

Crying more than the bereaved ..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Expect Fierce Opposition From Fuel Subsidy Beneficiaries – Shettima by gare(f): 7:13am On May 31, 2023
nairalanda1:

Fixing refineries is impossible under subsidy. You are in essence using the money that would have been used for refineries for subsidy.

That is why it had to go.

Anyway, NNPC is fixing up the refineries now. All of them.

I disagree with you on that , fixing refineries under subsidy is very much do able its just the will to do it, for how long would it take to fix them ? even if they have to change the designs to meet current standard they should have finished by now, and why all at the same time, start with one finish and move to the next, I bet you by 2027 they still would not have finished them

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Alex Otti Flags Off The Construction Of 67km 2 lane road / US Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up (2015) / Anti-democratic Forces Killed Audu – Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.