Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) (397 Views)

Canada As A Whole Is Wildly Overrated / Nigeria Lady Delivers Message To Everyone Planning To Move To America1 / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by IsaacRocks(m): 12:10pm On May 31, 2023
Hi Nairalanders, I have been a digital marketer in Nigeria for the past five years and while I have been able to achieve some little things I found out there are more to what I am doing.

It's like I am not even scrapping 5% of my potential, I mean Nigerian clients can't even pay 50k Naira for ads, so most of the times I will have to look for a client outside Nigeria that will pay me some reasonable and bucks.

So I made up my mind to research about countries one can move to as a digital marketer and Canada keeps popping up.

My question:

1. How much should I prepare ?
2. What advice can you give me, planning on leaving by next years ?
Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by Soccrates: 12:22pm On May 31, 2023
Oh you mean Canada the deep freezer where people dress up like ninjas to avoid getting frozen, where you need heaters to stay alive.

A very boring enclave.

Where house rent could eat up 40% of your income.

Canada is a glorified shithole.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:26pm On May 31, 2023
It will be very difficult o. How old are you. Do you have work experience. Do you have a masters degree? Digital marketing isnt also in demand and can be easily learnt by anyone

2 Likes

Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by IsaacRocks(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
It will be very difficult o. How old are you. Do you have work experience. Do you have a masters degree? Digital marketing isnt also in demand and can be easily learnt by anyone

I am 24, I own a digital marketing agency that's doing well just not enough to make anything serious out of much like the brand is growing but finance is not matching up with the name the brand has.

Nope digital marketing is not not actually that easy to learn and master in few months it takes months and years to master digital marketing to full stack in it context.

I have w certificates from Google and a Diploma from another institution in the US and a Master Degree from a Nigerian Academy.
Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by IsaacRocks(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
Soccrates:
Oh you mean Canada the deep freezer where people dress up like ninjas to avoid getting frozen, where you need heaters to stay alive.

A very boring enclave.

Where house rent could eat up 40% of your income.

Canada is a glorified shithole.

Ohmo e be like say I go prefer am pass using 80 percent of my income to pay rent in Nigeria and I am an introvert, I love loneliness. Also I am used to cold already cause of my background.

1 Like

Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by ednut1(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2023
IsaacRocks:

I am 24, I own a digital marketing agency that's doing well just not enough to make anything serious out of much like the brand is growing but finance is not matching up with the name the brand has.

Nope digital marketing is not not actually that easy to learn and master in few months it takes months and years to master digital marketing to full stack in it context.

I have w certificates from Google and a Diploma from another institution in the US and a Master Degree from a Nigerian Academy.
you are missing his point. Digital marketing is not a skill in demand there , companies there can hire digital marketers based anywhere in the country. Canada is not by money unless maybe you are investing 100k dols there. You either have to meet the express entry requirements or go with student visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled this is the thread for express entry, 3 years work experience, maximum or close to maximum ielts scores, masters degree etc will give you a good chance.
Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:31pm On May 31, 2023
IsaacRocks:

If you have a masters degree you should consider the express entry process. Check the Canadian express entry thread and follow the instructions there. The points are dropping so I advise you take advantage of it now.
Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by IsaacRocks(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2023
ednut1:
you are missing his point. Digital marketing is not a skill in demand there , companies there can hire digital marketers based anywhere in the country. Canada is not by money unless maybe you are investing 100k dols there. You either have to meet the express entry requirements or go with student visa.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled this is the thread for express entry, 3 years work experience, maximum or close to maximum ielts scores, masters degree etc will give you a good chance.

I get now , thanks for the breakdown.
Re: Planning To Move To Canada As A Digital Marketing (please Advice) by natalie183(f): 8:53pm On May 31, 2023
Consider Immigration Options: Look into the various immigration programs available in Canada that are suitable for skilled professionals like yourself. The Express Entry system is a popular pathway for skilled workers, and there are specific programs, such as the Global Talent Stream, that cater to those in the tech industry. Familiarize yourself with the requirements and processes involved in obtaining a work permit or permanent residency in Canada.
Lastly, keep in mind that moving to a new country and starting a career there can be both exciting and challenging. Be prepared for the adjustment period and have a plan in place for housing, finances, and settling into the Canadian lifestyle. Patience and perseverance will go a long way in your journey.

Best of luck with your move to Canada and your digital marketing career.

(1) (Reply)

Does WES Allow You To Upload Documents Online For Evaluation Now? / University Of Manitoba / Niger Republic Reconfirms Ban On Flights From Nigeria To Their Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.