Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,092 members, 7,807,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement (69460 Views)

Filling Stations Slash Petrol Pump Price As Naira Appreciates To 7-Month High / NNPC Confirms IOCs Exit, Insists On Gas Development / EndSARS Protests: Nigerian Army Releases Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by AntiChristian: 2:22pm On May 31, 2023
PRESS STATEMENT

ADJUSTMENT IN PUMP PRICE OF PMS

NNPC Limited wishes to inform our esteemed customers that we have adjusted our pump prices of PMS across our retail outlets, in line with current market realities.

As we strive to provide you with the quality service for which we are known, it is pertinent to note that prices will continue to fluctuate to reflect market dynamics.

We assure you that NNPC Limited is committed to ensuring a ceaseless supply of products.

The company sincerely regrets any inconvenience this development may have caused.

We greatly appreciate your continued patronage, support, and understanding during this time of change and growth.

Garba Deen Muhammad
Chief Corporate Communications Officer
NNPC Ltd.
Abuja

https://twitter.com/nnpclimited/status/1663897300651966466

See the new price list here https://www.nairaland.com/7709977/nnpc-hikes-petrol-prices-across

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Primeblog: 2:24pm On May 31, 2023
Wahala

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Pickmycall: 2:36pm On May 31, 2023
God bless tinubu.
God bless federal government of Nigeria.
God bless all tinubu's supporters.
God bless APC.
God bless Nigeria.
What I posted up there are
SARCASM
Una think say I mean am? tongue
tiswell:
tunda faya you

norjibak:
Rubbish qoute, you will say God bless all Nigerians May God support Tinubu for his tenured, APC Evil party [qauote author=Pickmycall post=123489292]God bless tinubu.
God bless federal government of Nigeria.
God bless all tinubu's supporters.
God bless APC.
God bless Nigeria.
tonytony208:

Yes, God bless Tinubu as your family empty their income on fuel. grin

I'm certain your family members will place a curse upon you if they discover what you just wrote. grin
lomprico:

This na wetin u don dey do since 2015 and nothing come out. Now u don start again.
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Mad man

The main and number one duty and responsibility of every govt is to ensure the welfare and security of every citizen.

Citizens of Most advanced countries till date enjoys diverse range of subsidies

Why should our dear country be an exception?
JetStar:

God punish you punish tinnubu punish your papa yansh.

As at 2012, Tinubu portested against Jonathan when he wanted to remove Feul subsidy. Now in 2023, Tinubu got sworn in as president and the first thing he did is to remove Feul subsidy. The thunder that will fire you and your family and that of Tinubu ehn... that fire is still doing a strong press-up.

113 Likes 17 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 31, 2023
so pe otilo
I learnt that this is how many of these fuel cabals operate to cheat the government. Some get access to oil blocks ( but cant refine the crude oils) so they ship it and sell it to their cronies that have a lot of stakes in modular refineries abroad, in which they import it back to nigeria at a subsidized rates being paid by the government. So virtually carrying nigerian crude oil abroad to refine, and sell it far higher than even the supposed money without the subsidy, yet come back, claim subsidies, making monies in multiple ways, claiming they are multi billionaire , forbes this, forbes that. If you look well, they are same people behind all these forex and dollar manipulations.
My fear is that until i see this new government encouraging and commisioning modular refineries after maximum, let's say, 2 years of this price adjustments in each region, and selling crude oil at local price in naira directly , simuteneoulsy, to the operators, things may be getting worse. If i remember, Tinubu said he would waive a lot of taxes for investors that want to be part of oil industry revolutions, so that they get waivers to subsidize the price and improve employments to the citizen if elected, ( cos he himself is an oil expert and know much of the industry) BUT CAN WE Really TRUST POLITICIANS in nigeria? Will they allow him to work?

Do we, nigerians have that patience? DONT WE, as a citizens like cutting corners just look at how filling stations sky rockets their prices overnights over the stock they have at hand? Drop gas price by 10 naira and you will hear them saying they have never seen any official letters. It will take them 2 months to adjust.
Same thing should be aplicable to all other sectors especially agricultural sector, region by region ,which i also believe that shetimma is also an expert in that sector and can handle that. Revolutionise and encourage mechanized farming and let the price of basic food fall and avoidable.
I dont know if it is practicable or possible. i just dont know.

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:42pm On May 31, 2023
If it were Peter Obi, am sure he will remove the subsidy without pain.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by AntiChristian: 2:44pm On May 31, 2023
There's no way there won't be pain? Forget campaign after election!

Zxcvbnmghtr:
If it were Peter Obi, am sure he will remove the subsidy without pain.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:48pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

This is not campaign after election, please.
Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/7710177/factcheck-did-peter-obi-promise#123488350

Ekemini11:
Here are some of Peter Obi's tweets which reflects his plans about subsidy.

You can see, he plans to remove 50% subsidy, while providing alternatives programmes to cushion the effect of the removal.

That's the difference between his plan and Tinubu's plan.

Tinubu just announced the removal of subsidy without any plan to help people cushion the effect.

Tweet links:
https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1592541836526387201?t=fx4rHAP4SOmF5I8KDl5rBw&s=19

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1571985786139967489?t=KhqDYwF6S6iKraNkauwibA&s=19

35 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by AntiChristian: 2:56pm On May 31, 2023
Abeg watch this video and see Peter Obi say it yourself!

https://twitter.com/Pres_Adebayo/status/1663654854680625155

Zxcvbnmghtr:

This is not campaign after election, please.
Factcheck: Did Peter Obi Promise To Remove Subsidy? - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/7710177/factcheck-did-peter-obi-promise#123488350

If you remove 50% Subsidy, are you still not subsidizing 50%?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Dotherightthing: 2:59pm On May 31, 2023
So it's a settled matter already!

I knew yesterday's news that the subsidy removal was not with immediate effect was FAKE NEWS! cheesy

Wtf is Asiwaju Bola Ahmed media centre

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by NzogbuNzogbu: 3:00pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

I don't support peter obi, but you can not expressly quantify what immediately he is referring to

You know why?

He said he was going to make sure there are efforts to cushion the effect which can't happen in the first day like tinubu

Tinubu goofed just rest

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by sotall(m): 3:15pm On May 31, 2023
undecided

So NNPC is selling fuel that has been subsidized at a higher rate and they are doing it with their full chest.

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by slawomir: 3:16pm On May 31, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Can't imagine I filled my gadmnnn lexus 350 tank today with almost 36 thousand naira something I normally do with 16 thousands naira

Hope they give more licences to other importer of this gadamnnn fuel

Ain't gonna be spending my hard earned money for weed and alcohol on some damnn fuel

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by felmon: 3:16pm On May 31, 2023
We have heard.

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by obaidan: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
If the govt will license more modular refineries and subsidize price of crude to Dangote for a few years, so the product can come cheap for people...otherwise the government will remainbunpopular for the entire 8years...the gains of Subsidy removal is not something as immediate as 4 years....especially when things are not in place.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by inoki247: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Lol what's the adjustment for again I tot they've removed Subsidy why still trying to determine the Price...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by GABUJABOY(m): 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Food stuffs will soon skyrocket, then Renewed hope will kick start. shocked

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by YeyeGbami: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Na we dey frustrate ourselves.

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by mytime24(f): 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Some People 1st one week in governance na hardship dem introduce to agbadorians shocked

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Hotwest: 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Low-key Tinubu have organized this crime against it's citizen.

Let me tell you how...He announced it on his inauguration day immediately to recover all the bribe money he spent during campaign and election period.

The sad thing is that extra more than double price of the fuel price share he will get from NNPC sold to every Nigerian and foreigner in the country this period can recover millions of dollars. He is taking from the poor. Such a wicked old greedy man

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by sofeo(m): 3:17pm On May 31, 2023
Has it been finalized already.
Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by southsouthking(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Renewed hope😂😂😂

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Anaskie(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
We are in this hellhole together.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by NobleSeed(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
they will still come and defend him and still be forming online billionaires 😂 😂

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by ThatCEO: 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Renewed suffering be this o

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Standing5(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Trash. Subsidy was provided for until 30th of June this is 31st of May.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by GeneralPula: 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Okay

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by Nahunger(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Well, I pray this government will favour me and my family what ever policies, decision or inactions they take it will be to my favour and not be a disadvantaged to me.

12 Likes

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by SensualMan1(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
Yorubas will buy fuel at N86 while the Igbos will comfortably buy it at N600 for their v8 engines with no complaints.

Keep doing it Jagaban! Dish out ur horses whip on their back. Make them gnash their teeths on a road filled with peril. Soon they won't be able to afford their roadside ewa agoyin. Make them starve to death. Make them thin like skeleton. Make them know u r the Jagaban that u made urself President and not them.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by GeneralPula: 3:18pm On May 31, 2023
sofeo:
Has it been finalized already.
No, till June 30th..

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by tommykiwi(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
I believe with APC membership card, they will still buy Fuel at a lower price.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Confirms Increase In Pump Price Of Fuel, Releases Statement by EnterpriseMan: 3:19pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:

Says who?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Peter Obi Thanks Obidients For Abuja Rally (Pictures) / Obasanjo Commissions Dantinajo Hotels And Resort Oleh In Delta (Photos) / ''Boko Haram Releases Pictures Of Its Rocket Factory'' - Terror Monitor Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.