Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) (4556 Views)

Exchange Between Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed And Rufai Oseni. / Arisetv And Rufai Oseni Lied About Chicago University Denying Tinubu – Omokri / Throwback Photo Of General Buhari In A Heated Discussion With Gen. IBB c.1985 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 7:25pm On May 31, 2023
Standing5:
Corruption is real and should be targeted before petrol subsidy is considered for removal. If corruption is tamed, petrol consumption can even go down to as low as 15 million litres a day.

For how long will you keep taming corruption...
Removing the subsidy once and for all is the best move.
Let the government use the money to boost the economy.

5 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 7:27pm On May 31, 2023
maintenant:
Tell me why you cannot like Rufai...

A man with the propensity to use common sense ...

This Odiri guy was just talking theory if not blindly...

You compel marketers to sell at a pump price? How?

Have you put a framework/mechanism for restocking them?

Where are the refineries to supply cheaper fuel? Even Dangote will not be able to provide fuel before July...

What is this man talking about?

You just talking ineffectual theory with no practical experience about how things work in real life...

You are talking rubbish...
Rufai knows nothing about the economy.
What sense will it make if you remove subsidy and you use the money to provide parliatives and incentives to the people just to cushion the effect.
Is that removal or diversion.

6 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 7:32pm On May 31, 2023
N3TRAL:
Rufai has a very low IQ, no cap

Very low
He's only good at attacking anything that has to do with Tinubu.

Rotus really expose him.

4 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by omenka(m): 7:34pm On May 31, 2023
Why does he always raise his voice at his guests as though they're his subjects? Is this guy okay at all?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by maintenant: 7:35pm On May 31, 2023
clearcrystal:

You are talking rubbish...
Rufai knows nothing about the economy.
What sense will it make if you remove subsidy and you use the money to provide parliatives and incentives to the people just to cushion the effect.
Is that removal or diversion.
All you need is common sense which painfully is not so common...

Did Rufai argue against the removal of subsidy?

Go and watch the video again but tis engage your brain so you can defer to superior argument...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 7:35pm On May 31, 2023
Minjim:

Why can't they just delay the remover till July when Dangote will start refining?

Because they don't want to bring the price down from #185.
They prefer to bring it down from #500 and put it somewhere around #300

Who told you Dangote will start refining in July 😂.
Buhari only commission the Refinery so that Tinubu won't take the glory. The Refinery is far from ready.

The best bet is to remove it now and let's all face the consequence. FG don't have the money to subsidize PMS any longer.
The money FG borrowed from NNPC to subsidize PMS in 2022 has not been paid back.

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by maintenant: 7:38pm On May 31, 2023
soojar:

Please what do you and Rufai mean by framework?

This interview shows this guy is not as intelligent as I heard some people hype him, or maybe he is just being mischievous.

Maybe his hatred for Tinubu is not making him reason appropriately but with this debate, I'm disappointed in him.

We learn everyday.
If you want me to consult for you on the subsidy regime, you know what to do...

You don't expect to expend intellectual capital here osho free...
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by Parada: 7:41pm On May 31, 2023
Of you listen to this clip and still think Rufai knows anything about economics you deserve to be shot, I do understand he might be passionate about poor Nigerians but the Rofus guy cleansed his soul exposing Rufai as an illiterate in economy

6 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by maintenant: 7:47pm On May 31, 2023
clearcrystal:

Buhari only commission the Refinery so that Tinubu won't take the glory. The Refinery is far from ready.

The best bet is to remove it now and let's all face the consequence. FG don't have the money to subsidize PMS any longer.
The money FG borrowed from NNPC to subsidize PMS in 2022 has not been paid back.
Just re-read what you typed and tell me how it makes sense...

Does it occur to your that poorly executed policy can bring down a government?

He should introduce it anyhow so that we shall face the consequences, abi?

Does it occur to your that it is the people who confer legitimacy on a government?

What will be the fate of a government running on anti-people policies and programmes?

We are talking of a people who almost reached the breaking point under the disastrous government of Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by soojar(m): 7:48pm On May 31, 2023
maintenant:
If you want me to consult for you on the subsidy regime, you know what to do...

You don't expect to expend intellectual capital here osho free...

I sincerely want you to do so, no pun intended. I always like learning about new things or fresh ideas and believe me, I am capable of understanding any complex technical terms by virtue of my education, so, hit me.

We learn every day.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by Minjim: 7:52pm On May 31, 2023
clearcrystal:

Fg borrowed money from NNPC, what sort of scam is that?

They should tell is another lie

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by maintenant: 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
Parada:
Of you listen to this clip and still think Rufai knows anything about economics you deserve to be shot, I do understand he might be passionate about poor Nigerians but the Rofus guy cleansed his soul exposing Rufai as an illiterate in economy
Oga we are NOT talking about theory but reality on ground...

There are professors of economics in ivory towers who can quote all the theories of economics from the time of Adam Smith to that of Alan Grenspan but still end up as flops when it comes to proffering practical solutions...

2 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by PDPdestroyer(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
JagabanBorgu:
Obi boys all forming analysts.
If only thèîr principal had no kept saying he will remove subsidy, they would have said Obi is not going to do such a thing.
Now that it has been done by another person, they are all claiming analyst, if the table has turned and this was Obi's decision creating a backlash.
They would have said corruption is fighting back.
Fear who no fear Eluuu P people, emergency lovers of Nigeria
Let me be honest with you, if Tinubu had maintained subsidy, these same people crying wolf would still ask why he didn't remove it. They will accuse him of maintaining subsidy for his cronies in government to loot grin
They have no definite stand on any issue but to antagonize any policy, good or bad. Head or tail you lose with these people, whose loyalty only lies with their political party or favorite politician, not to the country grin

7 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by maintenant: 7:54pm On May 31, 2023
soojar:

I sincerely want you to do so, no pun intended. I always like learning about new things or fresh ideas and believe me, I am capable of understanding any complex technical terms by virtue of my education, so, hit me.

We learn every day.
Unfortunately it is not going to come foc...

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by JagabanBorgu: 8:18pm On May 31, 2023
PDPdestroyer:

Let me be honest with you, if Tinubu had maintained subsidy, these same people crying wolf would still ask why he didn't remove it. They will accuse him of maintaining subsidy for his cronies in government to loot grin
They have no definite stand on any issue but to antagonize any policy, good or bad. Head or tail you lose with these people, whose loyalty only lies with their political party or favorite politician, not to the country grin
Exactly, that's the reality with them.

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by JagabanBorgu: 8:19pm On May 31, 2023
Remijuice:

Both of them made valid points...
I didn't say they didn't make valuable points.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by JagabanBorgu: 8:19pm On May 31, 2023
GeneralPula:

I think this is his problem..

He’s sentiment and petty..

But this interview is good!
Good interview, he wants to be pètty to always prove a point.

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by richie240: 8:24pm On May 31, 2023
omenka:
Why does he always raise his voice at his guests as though they're his subjects? Is this guy okay at all?
U and I know say nobody can relate with/as 'obidient' and still reason like a normal human being again. Even d hitherto calm and reserved datti also caught d obidient irrational
'nzorgbu-nzorgbu' bug.

Welcome back from sabbatical! I know say ur mentions go don full trowey!
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by soojar(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2023
maintenant:
Unfortunately it is not going to come foc...

Alright, I understand. Nothing to offer.

We learn every day.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by GeneralPula: 8:29pm On May 31, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Good interview, he wants to be pètty to always prove a point.
Yeah exactly..

He’s an empty charp!

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by candygist: 8:35pm On May 31, 2023
Standing5:
Corruption is real and should be targeted before petrol subsidy is considered for removal. If corruption is tamed, petrol consumption can even go down to as low as 15 million litres a day.

In Nigeria,How do you Tamed corruption ?
Even you yourself dey corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 8:47pm On May 31, 2023
maintenant:
Just re-read what you typed and tell me how it makes sense...

Does it occur to your that poorly executed policy can bring down a government?

He should introduce it anyhow so that we shall face the consequences, abi?

Does it occur to your that it is the people who confer legitimacy on a government?

What will be the fate of a government running on anti-people policies and programmes?

We are talking of a people who almost reached the breaking point under the disastrous government of Buhari...

So what would you rather the government do?
To keep borrowing to subsidize fuel or to borrow to give people palliative just to cushion the effect of subsidy removal?
Buhari should have removed the subsidy since 2015 when he said he doesn't believe in it, by now we would have adjust.
Let it be removed now, it's never too late and the economy will surely bounce back.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 8:55pm On May 31, 2023
maintenant:
All you need is common sense which painfully is not so common...

Did Rufai argue against the removal of subsidy?

Go and watch the video again but tis engage your brain so you can defer to superior argument...

You are an i.diot.

It's very easy to spot the foo.lish ones among the Obidien.ts
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 8:58pm On May 31, 2023
PDPdestroyer:

They are bitter set of individuals.
Put them in position of authority and see how they will mess up.
They are shallow thinkers

4 Likes

Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by homosapien(m): 9:04pm On May 31, 2023
Minjim:

Why can't they just delay the remover till July when Dangote will start refining?

Because they don't want to bring the price down from #185.
They prefer to bring it down from #500 and put it somewhere around #300

I have from a reliable source that dangote has been selling fuel even before that inauguration.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by Kukutenla: 9:17pm On May 31, 2023
soojar:

The main problem is that there is no provision for it in the budget from June.

It's just like a kind of trap set up for the incoming administration. If Tinubu doesn't announce the removal now, where will he get the money to pay for that of July, the money allocated for subsidy in the budget ends in June.

We learn everyday
Have you ever heard of supplementary budget or virement
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by soojar(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2023
Kukutenla:

Have you ever heard of supplementary budget or virement

Yes, I have.

Have you ever heard that supplementary budget needs the national assembly's approval and requires them to deliberate on it which can take months before approval?

Are you aware that the national assembly has not yet even been constituted not to talk of knowing who would be calling the shots in the house to know who and how to lobby?

Are you aware that it is near impossible for a new executive to have a supplementary budget passed by a new legislature? before all the lobbying is sorted out it's already December when the main budget is expected.

We learn every day.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by Kukutenla: 11:02pm On May 31, 2023
soojar:

Yes, I have.

Have you ever heard that supplementary budget needs the national assembly's approval and requires them to deliberate on it which can take months before approval?

Are you aware that the national assembly has not yet even been constituted not to talk of knowing who would be calling the shots in the house to know who and how to lobby?

Are you aware that it is near impossible for a new executive to have a supplementary budget passed by a new legislature? before all the lobbying is sorted out it's already December when the main budget is expected.

We learn every day.
You need to learn today.
There's still a National assembly in session and another will be inaugurated before this week runs out.
And a supplementary budget was approved within a month especially for a rubber stamp nass which the next one is gearing up to be.
So quit the excuses.
And virement is not even as complex as a supplementary budget BTW
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by Kingcalls: 1:08am On Jun 01, 2023
N3TRAL:
Rufai has a very low IQ, no cap

U wey no get IQ follow de talk...what do u even know about IQ... if u had an IQ , u wud know that criminals don't keep their words ... this same subsidy money will end up in their pockets and no development will come thru , dollar will not come down ... u no get sense ... u are part of those that are drawing us back ... Tinubu saying that he will channel subsidy money to other beneficial project is like me telling I that I'm the president of China
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by clearcrystal: 1:11am On Jun 01, 2023
Kingcalls:

U wey no get IQ follow de talk...what do u even know about IQ... if u had an IQ , u wud know that criminals don't keep their words ... this same subsidy money will end up in their pockets and no development will come thru , dollar will not come down ... u no get sense ... u are part of those that are drawing us back ... Tinubu saying that he will channel subsidy money to other beneficial project is like me telling I that I'm the president of China

Subsidy money don't exist anymore, no one can steal it like before.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by tonytony208(m): 7:27am On Jun 01, 2023
abobote:

Can you watch without sentiments

JagabanBorgu is too daft to watch without sentiment. Even if tinubu rapes his mother, he will find a way to defend it and put the blame on his mother.
Re: Rotus And Rufai Oseni In A Heated Debate Over Fuel Subsidy Removal (VIDEO) by soojar(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

You need to learn today.
There's still a National assembly in session and another will be inaugurated before this week runs out.
And a supplementary budget was approved within a month especially for a rubber stamp nass which the next one is gearing up to be.
So quit the excuses.
And virement is not even as complex as a supplementary budget BTW

Yeah, I'm always in the process of learning.

Do you know the process involved in passing a budget (supplementary or not)? more so a new national assembly with so many first timers.

You assume the next NASS would be a rubber stamp one despite the ruling party not having the majority in the lower chamber.

Which new administration in Nigeria's history has ever attempted a supplementary budget proposal not to talk of getting it approved as you wrote?

Virement according to you is not complex. Please which of the sectors of the economy can you get 7.5 Billion Dollars (that's 3.6 trillion Naira) to transfer to fuel subsidy (being what we need for subsidy for 6 months).

We learn every day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Victor Olisa, Nigerian-born First Black London Met Police Chief / Re: 8th Most Corrupt Nation-transparency International Refutes Malicious Story / Chimamanda Adichie: The Miraculous Deliverance Of Oga Jona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.