Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,769 members, 7,806,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. (33063 Views)

Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by guidsy(m): 7:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oga welder!

Reason my future man must have more than 4 businesses that are bringing in millions every month. I can’t settle for a welder. It’s not my portion!!!

May God help you struggling men.

Just dey play!
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Sablexxxtoons: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2023
mayorofyentown:
just happy say you meet better oga. me way go learn tailoring na only once the guy show me how to cup cloth 4 a whole 7months

Youtube is your friend

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Edipet(m): 8:12am On Jun 02, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
unfortunately it's a practical stuff. Learning online will just fortify u with theoretical craps
ok. I will like to know the theory before practical

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Abemy(m): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2023
emmybobo1:

Shameless liar. What concerns you and Kanu. Are you the fed govt? Ode

I never knew you were one of the PhD holders in insultilogy, what concerns hundreds of innocent people that died here and Kanu, are they federal government?
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Chuknovski(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2023
Successonpoint:
I hope my story will motivate someone to take charge of their life.
I lost my job last year July, and so a friend of mine introduce me to a poultry farm where I am earning 22k per month.

A man with wife and two kids o, my wife was not happy with the job even though she has been supportive in her own little way. And then, she suggested that I should learn handwork, and so I decided to learn welder.

On getting to the man, he told me I will spend 2 years o, I will pay 70k to learn from him. Me way I no get even 20k, I begged him to collect 50k and he agreed.

Then he asked me to make part payment of 30k. I went home and told my wife, and then she gave me 20k to give to the man. I gave the man 20k and he collected it, to my greatest surprise within 2 months I started doing the welding job perfectly.

On my own, I have paid up the remaining 30k with small small repairs job he allowed me to be doing for people. And by God's grace, I have started saving up for my tools.

I really thank my wife for the advice and the welder too. The man has been a tremendous blessing to me in many way. He even told me yesterday that with the look of things I may be free from him in 2 months time except I decided to still remain with him for a while.

Please take charge of your life and stop depending on people for survival.

Congratulations brotherly, am In my 40s too and have hand work, but I want to upgrade, or change career, Congratulations once again
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by AbleBouncer: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oga welder!

Reason my future man must have more than 4 businesses that are bringing in millions every month. I can’t settle for a welder. It’s not my portion!!!

Keep quiet there and stop sounding like a witch, I am sure your father has nothing and your brothers are useless. Men should avoid disasters like you cos whoever marries this one will die young. Welding is wide and very good career, my boss that doesn't know the job usually pay people to do It for him and sometimes rolls home with 35m and i am a certified sgs and eil welder,
Aside from other things I do. And God blessed me with a good and supportive wife who also stands by me.

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by delishpot: 3:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
1Alex:
thank God you have a supportive wife. you never know how lucky you are.

Many men have supportive wives but they choose not to take their advice. I have seen men surffer cos they did not consider the advice of their wives. Like they want to show head of family. Unfortunately my papa sef follow join the group and he paid the price too.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by delishpot: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
AbleBouncer:

Keep quiet there and stop sounding like a witch, I am sure your father has nothing and your brothers are useless. Men should avoid disasters like you cos whoever marries this one will die young. Welding is wide and very good career, my boss that doesn't know the job usually pay people to do It for him and sometimes rolls home with 35m and i am a certified sgs and eil welder,
Aside from other things I do. And God blessed me with a good and supportive wife who also stands by me.

Are you minding that chinch with twisted comment. Look well now she is dating a tout.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by danielukwuru(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Same condition like mine, the period of febuary and march was horrible, presently learning digital skills(data analysis using excel) since I had bsc. Economics.
This has renewed my confidence and hope as I'm committed to it with all that i am that I can still make it. Taking charge of my life now , no guts, no glory

2 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by masqot(m): 7:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
Thank your wife and your luck. Some women are… Your story is highly motivating me to rejuvenate my failed attempt to take up a vocation
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
Not only you took a wise decision, your choice of work is really good…. Keep it up, I pray may God elevate you
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Love800(m): 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
Does anyone have any idea of suya business. I intend to start it but dont know whether it is lucrative

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by MiracleMe7: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oga welder!

Poverty has bath you and your family members. That is why at the age of 49yrs you have never married, even if you marry, you will still come out of the marriage because of Olosho's work that has entered your DNA.
Do you know how much welders make both in Nigeria and abroad in a month?
With this statement, you will never make it in life. However, you will only be surviving with your 2k olosho hustling. Ugly b*tch like you! Next time a motivating topic is posted here, you avoid it like a plaque if you don't have any reasonable contribution.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by dreamxhaser: 12:06am On Jun 03, 2023
Edipet:
all the hand work need connect bro. I will say all handiwork are lucrative, but without connection nor matter your level of expertise, you will still struggling More than someone that have connections

Facts

I knowof people who are not into a certain handwork but makes money than those who learnt the skill.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by WorkaholicB(m): 9:44am On Jun 03, 2023
Successonpoint:
I hope my story will motivate someone to take charge of their life.
I lost my job last year July, and so a friend of mine introduce me to a poultry farm where I am earning 22k per month.

A man with wife and two kids o, my wife was not happy with the job even though she has been supportive in her own little way. And then, she suggested that I should learn handwork, and so I decided to learn welder.

On getting to the man, he told me I will spend 2 years o, I will pay 70k to learn from him. Me way I no get even 20k, I begged him to collect 50k and he agreed.

Then he asked me to make part payment of 30k. I went home and told my wife, and then she gave me 20k to give to the man. I gave the man 20k and he collected it, to my greatest surprise within 2 months I started doing the welding job perfectly.

On my own, I have paid up the remaining 30k with small small repairs job he allowed me to be doing for people. And by God's grace, I have started saving up for my tools.

I really thank my wife for the advice and the welder too. The man has been a tremendous blessing to me in many way. He even told me yesterday that with the look of things I may be free from him in 2 months time except I decided to still remain with him for a while.

You have a good wife. Most women will quarrel with you for the attempt to learn hand work. They will ask you how you want to be taking care of the family while doing the welding training. You don't know what you have as a wife. Treasure her very well.

2 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Bankowner: 10:44am On Jun 03, 2023
Google is your friend bro. Just search for welding institutes in Nigeria.
Tboymessiah:

Please do you know any technical institute that train ppu for weldering
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Tboymessiah(m): 10:49am On Jun 03, 2023
Bankowner:
Google is your friend bro. Just search for welding institutes in Nigeria.

I be one vess for u as I read "Google is ur friend" but I kon see sey na normal thing.... I will search for the near by one to my area.

Thanks alot brother!
More blessings for u!!
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Bankowner: 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2023
Why you for Vess na?!

Na only Google fit give you the info you need faa even plus including address, phone number and rating for make you make informed choice.

Me I no dey far from Google o! Na my all time friend.
Tboymessiah:

I be one vess for u as I read "Google is ur friend" but I kon see sey na normal thing.... I will search for the near by one to my area.

Thanks alot brother!
More blessings for u!!

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Jokerman(m): 7:40pm On Jun 04, 2023
GoodStrongDick:

Poverty has really dealt with you and your family no be small.

If you have more than 4 businesses yourself that are bringing in millions every month for you, will you die? Why depending on men for survival? Why can't you work your way out of poverty and be rich too? Abi u dey forbid to make money and become wealthy?

Hook-up and runz no be work. Try find better work

Lol... Wetin you think say dey dat girl brain bro??🤣🤣
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Jokerman(m): 7:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
anonymuz:
When media work wasn't going good during the covid 19,I decided to go for RAC technician. Never regretted it.

How is the payout in this?

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by ueandi(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2023
Does anyone know of training centres that offer Tig welding training in Port Harcourt?.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Sunnic4sure: 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
Hello,
Please check your WhatsApp, I contacted you. I'm interest learning.

o123456789:
Yes you are correct the cost is high, but mind you CompTIA A+ can not teach you bug bounty, it only teach cyber security basics. However I will come out of my busy schedule to run a WhatsApp tutorial on this topic, but there is a disclaimer, I don't want any participant to divert into Yahoo with the knowledge you will get from this tutorial. I will make a special post on the start date of this tutorial by tomorrow on Career section of Nairaland by 8pm. contact WhatsApp: 08127370217 This is my little way of helping in this hard time in our dear country.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by anonymuz(m): 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
Jokerman:

How is the payout in this?
depends on location if its car, but home appliances is connections
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Nostradamus: 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
This is a great thread. One question,which is the most lucrative skill/handwork to learn??
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Ceejay501: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
HANDWORK IS THE BEST..AM LEARNING TILING AND POP..I PRAY IT FAVOURS ME

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by sacajawea: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2023
Successonpoint:
. He even told me yesterday that with the look of things I may be free from him in 2 months time except I decided to still remain with him for a while.

The person that taught you this Job, is he a delta man?
Very important question plsss, you may help in answering some things
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by olamilarks(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Nostradamus:
This is a great thread. One question,which is the most lucrative skill/handwork to learn??
The most lucrative hand work of all is Sales! I picked a Tejuosho curtain dealer once and he complained of young girls with web presence collecting majority of the contracts they used to enjoy back in the days.

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by FreeStuffsNG: 8:24pm On Oct 14, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

My brother you wrote this thread for me.. I opened a thread seeking for a job . I am very experienced but it's been challenging getting a new job. Especially when one isn't so young and sometimes when I wake up to walk my dogs I ponder learning a skill just as you did.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Unperturbedpota: 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Heheheheehe
.e pain am you go cry titee 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. See how you look. Fre stuff ko stolen scans ni 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by cutieme(m): 1:04pm On Jan 08
Etranshub:
workshop practice back in the uni...
Person fit use three months learn am?
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Etranshub(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08
cutieme:

Person fit use three months learn am?
sure

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bolt/Uber Drivers To Start Warning Strike Next Month. / The Minimum Salary A Wise Graduate Should Not Decline Nowadays. / My Experience Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.