Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? (1022 Views)

Open Bus Ride: Supporters On The Streets Of Lagos Welcome Tinubu / Between LP Spokesperson Ndi Kato And Tinubu Supporters On TVC / Peter Obi To Meet With Supporters On Zoom Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:16pm On May 31, 2023
*High in Fuel price
*Inflation of Food prices
*Charging of Exorbitant Prices by Business owners e.g. Barbers, Salon, Hotel, Football viewing centre owners, etc
*Financial constraints in most firms.
*Delay in Salary payment
*Laying Off of workers. embarassed
*Increase in House rents.
*Hunger in various Household
*Increase in Petty criminal activities. undecided

The Above..πŸ‘†πŸ‘† are the NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES of Tinubu's Thoughtless removal of Subsidy.😏

Plz, Those that say It will Benefit Nigerians, LongTerm.

PLEASE TELL US HOW.
LET'S LEARN FROM YOU GUYS.πŸ™‚πŸ€¨

Nplfmod.

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by ednut1(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2023
The federal government can no longer afford to pay the subsidy. The people giving us loans also want it gone as we are even borrowing to pay it. It should have been removed in 2012 by now we would have adjusted. But the people ruling today did occupy Nigeria. Its sad and tough on Nigerians no doubt

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 01, 2023
Ahhhh we are finished in this country. I will surely run to a nearby African Country to start a new life. There's nothing good that's coming to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by richidinho(m): 12:31am On Jun 01, 2023
Lolz..there is no single benefit other than enriching the corrupt politician.

The only thing the common man is benefitting from the govt is about to be taken away

Ask them, the little they got from crude oil sales since 1999, what they did with it?

Sanni Abacha in his just 5yrs in power

Built one tertiary hospital in all the states of the federation

He built 28,000 all duplex gwarinpa estate, Abuja

He built roads in all the states of the federation

Created 6 states and equip them, one each in all the zones of the country

He never added one naira to fuel price, he maintained stable economy and single exchange rate throughout his 5yrs despite all the sanctions from the west

11 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:22am On Jun 01, 2023
richidinho:

The only thing the common man is benefitting from the govt is about to be taken away

Ask them, the little they got from crude oil sales since 1999, what they did with it?

He never added one naira to fuel price, he maintained stable economy and single exchange rate throughout his 5yrs despite all the sanctions from the west

I Tire o. sad

I have seen some dropping comments on NairaLand saying
removing FUEL SUBSIDY WILL BENEFITS NIGERIANS EVENTUALLY. 🀨

I Wish anyone of them can Really Drop 2,3 BENEFITS, let's hear. πŸ˜’πŸ™

5 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:29am On Jun 01, 2023
richidinho:

This is πŸ’―% True!

Abacha was Efficient as a Military Ruler.πŸ™‚

Not just petroleum, The Price of Every Commodity in this country was Stable!

Inflation started with Obasanjo, from 2003 Downwards! sad

6 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by APCNig: 6:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*High in Fuel price
*Charging of Exorbitant Prices by Business owners e.g. Barbers, Salon, Hotel, Football viewing centre owners, etc
*Delay in Salary payment

The Above..πŸ‘†πŸ‘† are the NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES of Tinubu's Thoughtless removal of Subsidy.😏

PLEASE TELL US HOW.

Nplfmod.

Go and concentrate on your life so that you won’t be begging for food like those before you
Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
APCNig:

Go and concentrate on your life so that you won’t be begging for food like those before you

Since You do NOT have any Explanation to Give,
you would have kept SHUT instead of fooling urself here. sad πŸ˜’

11 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by mrvitalis(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*High in Fuel price
*Delay in Salary payment

PLEASE TELL US HOW.

Nplfmod.
Good evening

Subsidy firstly is naturally a practice that gives room for corruption
* Imagine you drink beer, and I tell u ,any empty bottle u drink I would pay half the price for you ..just tell me how many you drank and as long as the bar man concores I would pay

It won't take long before you and the barman would start inflating the amount of bottles you took ...you take can't drink 3 bottles would start telling me you drank 15 bottles I can pay for 7.5

Second is imagine me being broke , borrowing money just to make sure I keep paying half your beer so we an keep being friends

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
mrvitalis:

Good evening

* Imagine you drink beer, and I tell u ,any empty bottle u drink I would pay half the price for you ..just tell me how many you drank and as long as the bar man concores I would pay

It won't take long before you and the barman would start inflating the amount of bottles you took ...you take can't drink 3 bottles would start telling me you drank 15 bottles I can pay for 7.5

Second is imagine me being broke , borrowing money just to make sure I keep paying half your beer so we an keep being friends

Please Explain in DETAILS how the Removal will Benefit Nigerians. 🀨 sad

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Parachoko: 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
emmysmith13:
Ahhhh we are finished in this country. I will surely run to a nearby African Country to start a new life. There's nothing good that's coming to Nigeria.

1. Bangladesh (Visa on arrival)
2. Barbados ( Visa free for 6 months)
3. Benin Republic ( Visa free)
4. Burkina Faso ( Visa free)
5. Burundi ( Visa on arrival for 30days)
6. Cameroon ( Visa free)
7. Cape Verde ( Visa on arrival)
8. Chad ( Visa free)
9. Comoros Island ( Visa on arrival)
10. Cote d’ivoire ( Visa free )
11. Djibouti ( Visa on arrival )
12. Dominican ( Visa free for 21 days )
13. Fiji Island ( Visa free for 4 months)
14. Gambia ( Visa free for 90days )
15. Georgia ( Visa on arrival )
16. Ghana ( Visa free )
17. Guinea ( Visa free )
18. Guinea Bissau
( Visa free for 90 days )
19. Haiti ( Visa free for 90 days )
20. Iran ( Visa on arrival )
21. Kenya ( Visa on arrival for 90 days )
22. Liberia ( Visa free )
23. Madagascar ( Visa on arrival for 90 days )
24. Maldives ( Visa on arrival for 30 days )
25. Mali ( Visa free )
26. Mauritania ( Visa on arrival )
27. Mauritius ( Visa free for 90days )
28. Micronesia ( Visa free for 30 days )
29. Mozambique ( Visa on arrival for 30 days )
30. Nauru ( Visa on arrival )
31. Niger republic ( Visa free )
32. Palau ( Visa on arrival for 30 days )
33. Samoa ( Visa on arrival for 60 days )
34. Senegal ( Visa free )
35. Seychelles (Visa on arrival for 30
days )
36. Sierra Leone ( Visa free )
37. Somalia ( Visa on arrival )
38. Sri Lanka( Electronic travel authorisation )
39.Tanzania ( Visa on arrival )
40. Timor-Leste ( Visa on arrival for 30 days )
41. Togo ( Visa free )
42. Tuvalu ( Visa on arrival for 30 days )
43. Uganda ( Visa on arrival )
44. Vanuatu ( Visa free for 30 days )

http://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/list-of-visa-free-countries-for-nigerians-updated/

Best of luck

3 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by ambale(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2023
They are all hoping on God as usual

They don't even know if it would benefit or not

There are things we should have fixed before totally taking out subsidy

Stuffs like a good mortgage system, a streamlined transport system, massive job creation, credit facilities, this way a lot of people would not feel the heat but now we are running a debit economy, it's cash and carry

Make we see if there supporters will not change mouth in few weeks time

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
ambale:

Stuffs like a good mortgage system, a streamlined transport system, massive job creation, credit facilities, this way a lot of people would not feel the heat but now we are running a debit economy, it's cash and carry

Thank you Sir!πŸ‘

This APC govt is NOT just Wicked and Heartless
BUT also Incompetent in Almost Everything! πŸ˜•πŸ˜’

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by EminenceTopfarm(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
richidinho:

I have these questions for you:

1. Were the refineries functional during Abacha's regime?

2. Which regime started subsidy payment?

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Anyiamaka: 10:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Since You do NOT have any Explanation to Give,
you would have kept SHUT instead of fooling urself here. sad πŸ˜’

That guy should have existed as grass, goat, millipede or even as an ant. He is all brains and no sense.

3 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Anyiamaka: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
No benefits at all with a thief as the president. The benefits will be sweet like the benefits of deregulation and privatization they told us then.

4 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by richidinho(m): 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
EminenceTopfarm:

I have these questions for you:

1. Were the refineries functional during Abacha's regime?

2. Which regime started subsidy payment?

Are you asking to learn from it?

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by Whois(m): 11:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
No money will be saved from subsidy removal

Know this and know peace

3 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 2:01am On Jun 02, 2023
mrvitalis:

Good evening

How does subsidy "naturally" give room for corruption?

Can you explain your theory with regards fuel subsidy cos this your analogy is way off.

If you say subsidy "naturally" breeds corruption, is subsidy responsible for corruption in the presedency, the national assembly, the local and state governments, the civil service, the police, the military, the customs service? Is subsidy responsible for oil theft that caused nigeria 3 trillion ($2 billion) to oil theft between January and August 2022?

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 2:07am On Jun 02, 2023
ednut1:
The federal government can no longer afford to pay the subsidy. The people giving us loans also want it gone as we are even borrowing to pay it. It should have been removed in 2012 by now we would have adjusted. But the people ruling today did occupy Nigeria. Its sad and tough on Nigerians no doubt

How can the government no longer pay for subsidy?

the government has been removing fuel subsidy since the 90s maybe earlier. what was the percentage the government was paying for each litre of fuel as subsidy?

with each partial withdrawal of subsidy, what percentage of subsidy was removed and what was left?

in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 2:25am On Jun 02, 2023
ambale:

Not only that. Since they say subsidy is a scam, why haven't they located and arrested those using it as a scam? Why punish fuel subsidy and leave the people using as a scam to roam free? It's like punishing the internet for the crimes of online fraudsters

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by ednut1(m): 2:43am On Jun 02, 2023
lexy2014:

How can the government no longer pay for subsidy?

the government has been removing fuel subsidy since the 90s maybe earlier. what was the percentage the government was paying for each litre of fuel as subsidy?

with each partial withdrawal of subsidy, what percentage of subsidy was removed and what was left?

in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?

No subsidy left. Fuel is an internationally priced commodity. So na cost from refinery plus transport cost

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 3:02am On Jun 02, 2023
ednut1:
No subsidy left. Fuel is an internationally priced commodity. So na cost from refinery plus transport cost

That's not what I asked you.

1. How can the government no longer pay for subsidy?

2. the government has been removing fuel subsidy since the 90s maybe earlier. what was the percentage the government was paying for each litre of fuel as subsidy?

3. with each partial withdrawal of subsidy, what percentage of subsidy was removed and what was left?

4. in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?

2 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by ednut1(m): 3:22am On Jun 02, 2023
lexy2014:

That's not what I asked you.

1. How can the government no longer pay for subsidy?

2. the government has been removing fuel subsidy since the 90s maybe earlier. what was the percentage the government was paying for each litre of fuel as subsidy?

3. with each partial withdrawal of subsidy, what percentage of subsidy was removed and what was left?

4. in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?

1- government revenue has reduced, population has increased. Major oil companies are not investing in oil and gas like before due to green energy objectives . So decreased income. Also official exchange rate has gone up since in the 90s to 2015. Buhari Government took too many loans that need repayment the senate and HOR never stopped him. We are currently servicing the debts with 90% of our revenue. Its just like a man who used to give his side chick free money but he now has heavy debts. Nothing for the side chick again na.

2. Message govt for that information or NBS. Or google it
4. There is no subsidy again. There is no subsidy on diesel and kerosene. And the prices are above 500 naira.

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 3:36am On Jun 02, 2023
ednut1:

1- government revenue has reduced, population has increased. Major oil companies are not investing in oil and gas like before due to green energy objectives . So decreased income. Also official exchange rate has gone up since in the 90s to 2015. Buhari Government took too many loans that need repayment the senate and HOR never stopped him. We are currently servicing the debts with 90% of our revenue. Its just like a man who used to give his side chick free money but he now has heavy debts. Nothing for the side chick again na.

2. Message govt for that information or NBS. Or google it
4. There is no subsidy again. There is no subsidy on diesel and kerosene. And the prices are above 500 naira.

1. How did government revenue reduce? Is it fuel subsidy that is responsible for reduction in govt revenue?

If population has increased, how should that affect govt revenue? Is it the same revenue govt earned in 1980 that it is still earning in 2023?

How did you come to d conclusion that "Major oil companies are not investing in oil and gas like before due to green energy objectives"?

2. If you can't answer questions 2 and 3, on what basis are then justifying the "removal" of subsidy? If you say the answers to questions 2&3 are on Google, then you shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.

4. Completely offpoint. I didn't ask you if there's subsidy again or not. I asked in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by ednut1(m): 3:46am On Jun 02, 2023
lexy2014:

1. How did government revenue reduce? Is it fuel subsidy that is responsible for reduction in govt revenue?

If population has increased, how should that affect govt revenue? Is it the same revenue govt earned in 1980 that it is still earning in 2023?

How did you come to d conclusion that "Major oil companies are not investing in oil and gas like before due to green energy objectives"?

2. If you can't answer questions 2 and 3, on what basis are then justifying the "removal" of subsidy? If you say the answers to questions 2&3 are on Google, then you shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.

4. Completely offpoint. I didn't ask you if there's subsidy again or not. I asked in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed?
you can go make your research na. Well I worked as an auditor for 5 years in Nigeria auditing some of the biggest oil companies before i left the country. Its also public information that international oil companies have sold many of their onshore assets in Nigeria. The last company i was involved in their audit bought the oil block from shell.
Subsidy is gone and Nigerians will adapt as usual. No need crying over split milk

https://www.thecable.ng/kyari-iocs-divesting-from-nigeria-because-of-net-zero-commitments/amp Dont be lazy you can make research online. This is one example
Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by lexy2014: 3:59am On Jun 02, 2023
ednut1:
you can go make your research na. Well I worked as an auditor for 5 years in Nigeria auditing some of the biggest oil companies before i left the country. Its also public information that international IOC have sold their many of their onshore assets in Nigeria.
Subsidy is gone and Nigerians will adapt as usual. No need crying over split milk

https://www.thecable.ng/kyari-iocs-divesting-from-nigeria-because-of-net-zero-commitments/amp Dont be lazy you can make research online. This is one example

Pls what is "split milk"? As someone who calls himself an auditor, am surprised you don't know that my asking you questions (online) is the foundation of research.

I didn't ask you were you worked. That's not my problem. Since you aren't lazy, how come you can't answer the simple questions?

How does your one link answer the 7 questions I asked?

2. If population has increased, how should that affect govt revenue? Is it the same revenue govt earned in 1980 that it is still earning in 2023?

3. How did you come to d conclusion that "Major oil companies are not investing in oil and gas like before due to green energy objectives"?

4. If you can't answer questions 2 and 3, on what basis are then justifying the "removal" of subsidy? If you say the answers to questions 2&3 are on Google, then you shouldn't have any problems answering the questions.

5. the government has been removing fuel subsidy since the 90s maybe earlier. what was the percentage the government was paying for each litre of fuel as subsidy?

6. with each partial withdrawal of subsidy, what percentage of subsidy was removed and what was left?

7. Completely offpoint. I didn't ask you if there's subsidy again or not. I asked in this attempt by tinubu (I wont be surprised if they say theres another subsidy somewhere they havent removed), what was the percentage of subsidy left that he removed

1 Like

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by KAHBOOM: 5:33am On Jun 02, 2023
It's a pity Nigerians don't know that subsidy is the only thing they enjoy from the govt.Nothing else
The dumb ones will tell u govt will save more money not knowing that the money they save will still be squandered by the same govt.

3 Likes

Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by opalu: 5:57am On Jun 02, 2023
People see the world from the lenses of their own prejudices prrff
Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by opalu: 5:57am On Jun 02, 2023
People see the world from the lenses of their own prejudices
Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by EminenceTopfarm(m): 6:07am On Jun 02, 2023
richidinho:

Are you asking to learn from it?
yes
Re: Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? by richidinho(m): 6:31am On Jun 02, 2023
EminenceTopfarm:
yes

Ok, it was Obasanjo during his millitary rule in 1977 that brought subsidy.

Abacha subsidized fuel, but brought toll gate in all the major roads in the country, because he believed that the rich is supposed to pay for the poor, Obasanjo came again in 1999 dismantled the toll gate and removed a minute percentage of subsidy and also increased tax on alcohol

Can you see in both cases what benefits the poor masses was not tampered with.

I tell you subsidy is the only help we get from govt.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu & Obi: One Makes His People Proud While The Other Brings Shame / Wike Days In Pdp Are Numbered - Dele Momodu Replies Wike / What Ministerial Position Is Good For This Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.