Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo (9697 Views)

Osinbajo Welcomes Newest Batch Of Nigerian Citizens By Naturalization / APC: Tinubu Got The Message By Oke Umurhohwo / "2023: Tinubu And His Mind Game" by Oke Umurhohwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Yadid(m): 9:45am On Jun 01, 2023
Yet to see a comment here that really tallies with the writer's point.

The writer is talking about a possible deception, folks up there are busy saying other things. They are free though.

If subsidy is really gone, why is the NNPCL still fixing price as against market forces determining price?

Do we recollect that the Buhari regime increased the price of fuel several times under the guise of removing subsidy?? Nigerians are too naive and gullible for my liking.

There are questions begging for answers. Subsidy was removed by Buhari at least three times before this last (present) budget. Same subsidy is still being removed now. Hope they won't tell us tomorrow that they want to remove subsidy again because they didn't actually fully remove it this time?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by rajsuresh(m): 9:47am On Jun 01, 2023
Please what were the proceeds from removal of kerosene subsidy used for?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Newdawn30: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2023
SoftP:
I’m not a fan of Tinibu,
but the recent devastation wasn’t his making.

The Cow-man from Daura actually created the problem which the new administration inherited

As if they no fit make supplementary budget, make una no dey tall as if everybody no get sense.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by sexysunnyb(m): 9:53am On Jun 01, 2023
If they allow fuel subsidy na wahala , if they remove fuel subsidy is also wahala. We complain too much and we can never be satisfied.
Even if we swap country with USA we will still complain

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Dbestbrest: 9:55am On Jun 01, 2023
What matters now is that federal government should allow those interested in importing fuel to do so to break the monopoly of NNPC. When price is deregulated, there must be free market too

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by sherylbaky(f): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2023
I love these points
Ifyz0001:
He would have waited for June to come to an end first. And maybe dangote refinery should be producing fuel by then. He should have opened the borders first to get cheaper products first.

Now, no palliatives no nothing. He hasn't even worked on food supplies, transportation, nothing been done...in my area transportation cost has tripled over night.

I don't know what Tinubu is still doing the Emefiele till now, cos that man's policies crippled the economy.

Nigerians, we like suffering ourselves too much, a land flowing with milk and honey. But suffering is a middle name.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by thinkmoney(m): 9:55am On Jun 01, 2023
SoftP:
I’m not a fan of Tinibu,

The Cow-man from Daura actually created the problem which the new administration inherited
Please don’t let us start this blame game again.
This was how APC under Buhari wasted our first four years then blaming good luck Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Yadid(m): 9:56am On Jun 01, 2023
rajsuresh:
Please what were the proceeds from removal of kerosene subsidy used for?

Very good question. Diesel also.

Till today, the US still subsidises fuel for her citizens, but a lot of Nigerians are anywhere belle face people.

In the face of corruption rapaciously sucking our resources, some folks believe that removing subsidy will just turn Nigeria into a paradise. I am laughing.

We are being terrorised by armed robbers and we think the solution to that is to make more property available? 😂😂😂

7 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by richmond500: 10:03am On Jun 01, 2023
Ifyz0001:
He would have waited for June to come to an end first. And maybe dangote refinery should be producing fuel by then. He should have opened the borders first to get cheaper products first.

Now, no palliatives no nothing. He hasn't even worked on food supplies, transportation, nothing been done...in my area transportation cost has tripled over night.

I don't know what Tinubu is still doing the Emefiele till now, cos that man's policies crippled the economy.

Nigerians, we like suffering ourselves too much, a land flowing with milk and honey. But suffering is a middle name.
the question is, will they sell Dangote at subsidized rate?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by emmnprince(m): 10:07am On Jun 01, 2023
chuose2:
By the time APC has finished with this country, na beg dem go beg Peter to come

Where Peter dey go before?
Who be the "dem" wey go beg Peter to come?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by maestroferddi: 10:07am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:
What will you do if you were Tinubu

No budget for subsidy and budgets ends June without new supliments
That argument na wash....

He can source for contingency funding to manage it through the first months of his tenure while working for a roadmap which will include graduated removal...

The person you are promising a vacation treat in Malibu has to stay alive to the day of the vacation...

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by maestroferddi: 10:11am On Jun 01, 2023
Newdawn30:

As if they no fit make supplementary budget, make una no dey tall as if everybody no get sense.
The level of low intelligence here is staggering...

It is very worrisome because as it appears like the scourge of sai baba and now emilokan has sapped the thinking capabilities of some Nigerian youths....

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by riverbird: 10:12am On Jun 01, 2023
Innobee99:
The joy is that both Batists and Obidients are feeling the heat.

I heard a robot was devised to detect Batists to enable them buy at the rate of N80 per litre

Articulated have moved to Dubai...

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by kizxaxa: 10:15am On Jun 01, 2023
Nothing like subsidy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by chidiokay: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2023
Ifyz0001:

Imagine Nigerians moving from 185 up to dangote dictated price, then compare it with

Nigerians moving from subsidized current price to Dangote price ..

Which reasonate Relieve for Dangote and Nigerians
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by taneez(f): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2023
Yadid:
Yet to see a comment here that really tallies with the writer's point.

The writer is talking about a possible deception, folks up there are busy saying other things. They are free though.

If subsidy is really gone, why is the NNPCL still fixing price as against market forces determining price?

Do we recollect that the Buhari regime increased the price of fuel several times under the guise of removing subsidy?? Nigerians are too naive and gullible for my liking.

There are questions begging for answers. Subsidy was removed by Buhari at least three times before this last (present) budget. Same subsidy is still being removed now. Hope they won't tell us tomorrow that they want to remove subsidy again because they didn't actually fully remove it this time?

Thank you o.
Nigerians are not asking the right questions. From comments you can see how naive many are
This was what Buhari did.
We don't want to hear stories in the next 2years.
Remove the subsidy completely and let us know the real price even if it would be 700 naira per litre.
They didn't release an official statement saying the government has TOTALLY removed hands from subsidy. 100% removal.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Angelfrost(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2023
chuose2:
By the time APC has finished with this country, na beg dem go beg Peter to come

Peter Obi wouldn't have done anything differently...! Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Hardship was always going to come!

This nation has been postponing this Evil day since 2012!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Truthshscrazy: 10:32am On Jun 01, 2023
Space booked
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Ifyz0001: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2023
Dangote will never sell cheap, in short if they allow only him to produce fuel in Nigeria and ban importation of fuel, he will sell as high as 1200naira per litre just as the way he is selling his cement to Nigerians where we got the limestone from..

So let's stop dreaming. Except they open it for everyone to import then...the prices go balance well. Apart from that dangote will reap us dry.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 01, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Subsidy removal remains the best solution to the recent economic downturn. If you’re not satisfy you can pack your load and leave…

...if you're not "satisfied"...

NOT

...if you're not "satisfy"...

For somebody who barely has the intellectual capacity to put words together, you seem to always have very antagonistic responses towards the opinions of others. Are you in the newly recruited batch of APC propaganda minions stationed on nairaland to promote the Tinubu agenda? Because most of una no dey too sabi book.. !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by EdiskyHarry: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2023
SoftP:
I’m not a fan of Tinibu,

The blame game has began.
Apc spent 8 years blaming Jonathan and PDP, I hope tinubu will not spend 8 years blaming buhari.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Chetas81(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2023
YOU mean the Fool's supporting the stupidity of the day ---- this are the Nigerian citizen ____ emotional error in my motherland
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Cardozzo(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2023
SoftP:
I’m not a fan of Tinibu,

Stop being scared of your fellow men you don't need to be a fan of nobody say the truth and it shall set your mind free
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by bionixs: 10:55am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:
What will you do if you were Tinubu

No budget for subsidy and budgets ends June without new supliments
I would renew it for one more year to enable me put plans together to gradually cushion the effects on the masses . That is if I care about the masses.

After all , where is the money borrowed all these while and all the money received from Abacha loot? This could be a case of stop paying to thieves A and keep the money for thieves B. I pity the helpless gullible masses
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by solmusdesigns: 10:56am On Jun 01, 2023
bionixs:
I would renew it for one more year to enable me put plans together to gradually cushion the effects on the citizens

You need house of Assembly for that
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by bionixs: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:

You need house of Assembly for that
I would start consulting immediately. My brother as it goes now , it is getting closer to the saying that if the poor do not see what to eat , they will eat the rich. E don red gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by DucksWorth: 11:22am On Jun 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by AfonjaPriest: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2023
Nigerians should embrace the emilokan logic and be ready to live like its poverty- stricken supporters. Just believe you are living with them in their paradise of foolishness. Also believe you are buying petrol @ N200 per litre. To do that, imagine you can buy 1/2 litre @ N200 and make up the other half with water. When you are through, you are free to shout in everyone's hearing you bought fuel @ N200 a litre.
So you see how foólish some people can be made stupid to believe their idiocy. Such people are the supporters of Tinubu. He has cornsigned their cornditions to cornfusion. And they love their cornditions like the corn on their corne heads.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Iamzik: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
orikoku:
Na real play. Marketers don mugu us too much. Subsidy must go.

Subsidy has been removed 4 times. Is this subsidy removal or price hike as usual?

If it is truly subsidy removal why won't the government allow other companies to import fuel and issue licenses for modular refineries? Or allow dangote refinery to start operations before the announcement??

The effect of this careless pronouncement will affect everybody except the politicians

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by year2013: 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
SoftP:
I’m not a fan of Tinibu,

You people have this blaming game.
Tinubu was 100% aware of all the plans pertaining this subsidy removal.
For crying out loud, these are APC governments.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: A Play On Nigerian Citizens By Oke Umurhohwo by Abemy(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
INSINCERITY OF LEADERS

Let's start with benue immediate past administration,ortom knew puting payment of salaries and pension on first line charge will guarantee prompt and steady payment but didn't do it but puts his life time pension on first line charge.

Male kyari the group managing director bought the fuel he increase pump price now at subsidize rate yet he sales now at unsubsidized rate .

Fuel markets are yet to lift any new product that is outside subsidy yet all fuel stations adjusted the price to 537 per liter .

On the part of tinubu removing subsidy have long term benefits so they say but if we all die who will enjoy the benefits?

Lastly,the common man you intend to help is the one suffering it most .
All prices of commodities and services will increase but salaries remain same .

May God help us to over come the renewed hope that seems to be renewed suffering.

Happy new month.

[color=#550000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video: Rachel Maddow- Nigeria's president is missing / Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge / South Africans Killing Blacks #xenophobia(photos)discretion Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.