Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Parents Be Warned ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Be Warned ! (368 Views)

Parents, be Very careful with your kids. / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From / I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Be Warned ! by sammirano: 2:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
I know this doesn't concern me but I will still say it.
The idea of focusing your children on the educational path alone is an impending disaster. You need to let these kids skill-up and what better time to learn than when one is young.
seeing SSCE school leavers looking for jobs is dysfunctional. What do they aim to offer rather than wasting time as a sales boy/girl over some paltry sum monthly.
Others are into fraud.
Even advanced countries still encourage their apprenticeship sector as it's a critical building block of the society.
Bottomline, encourage your kids to learn a skill before a degree.

My two cent
Mod, you will do well to fire this into the front page.

1 Like

Re: Parents Be Warned ! by slimjohn2k5: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
My father Ensured we learn a trade after waec, na wetin I learn that time I take they feed my family now.
~90% does not practice the course they studied in school.
So na handwork win am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Be Warned ! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Having a university degree is awesome but one without a skill is like a Fulani cow.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Be Warned ! by Nice2023(m): 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
sammirano:
I know this doesn't concern me but I will still say it.
The idea of focusing your children on the educational path alone is an impending disaster. You need to let these kids skill-up and what better time to learn than when one is young.
seeing SSCE school leavers looking for jobs is dysfunctional. What do they aim to offer rather than wasting time as a sales boy/girl over some paltry sum monthly.
Others are into fraud.
Even advanced countries still encourage their apprenticeship sector as it's a critical building block of the society.
Bottomline, encourage your kids to learn a skill before a degree.

My two cent
Mod, you will do well to fire this into the front page.

Just the way to go.

Thanks for the timely advice.

1 Like

Re: Parents Be Warned ! by omophunky(m): 5:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
I'll be back

(1) (Reply)

3 Year Old Boy Tagged A Witch, Abandoned And Left To Die (video&pic) / Have You Written A Will? / Why Do Stupidity Abound In Our Society.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.