Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

How Do People Survive In Nigeria? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do People Survive In Nigeria? (20611 Views)

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. / Why Do People In The Diaspora Come Back To Nigeria To Settle When They Get Old? / Six People Survive From Road Accident In Awka (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OlawaleBammie: 3:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tourist123:
I landed Nigeria yesterday from the US after 2years of Japing. Nothing seems to have gotten better, things have become very worse! How exactly do people live here in Nigeria? So many people begging you for money. Gosh, I can stay in this country for longer than 3 weeks. I can’t! I just cant!!!
The cab i took from the Airport to my apartment charged my 13k for a 35 mins drive It got me wondering how civil servants with families survive in this country considering how expensive things have become and salaries are constant.

So only two years japaing...u don dey yearn Yankee....dey play grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by ppogba: 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2023
MT:

Just the same way you are surviving where you came from. How much does a 35mins drive cost in the States?

We are not beggars, and the people have been surviving without you around. Leave today and you wont be missed.

I hate all these threads where people turn abroad to an earthly paradise. Crawl back into the cave you came from. Lot of people are working here modestly and far better than you. Dont be delusioned!

Are you even sure the nigga travelled anywhere?

What have we not seen on Nairaland before ?

Just last week, one nigga claimed he earns 400k monthly and can not cope because his monthly expenses amounts to N556k and people could not query where he gets his subsidy from.

4 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by deavicky(m): 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tourist123:
I landed Nigeria yesterday from the US after 2years of Japing. Nothing seems to have gotten better, things have become very worse! How exactly do people live here in Nigeria? So many people begging you for money. Gosh, I can stay in this country for longer than 3 weeks. I can’t! I just cant!!!
The cab i took from the Airport to my apartment charged my 13k for a 35 mins drive It got me wondering how civil servants with families survive in this country considering how expensive things have become and salaries are constant.
first ,I do what to believe you are insinuating that things are more expensive in Nigeria than abroad security you can now see why u need to assist somepeople that need ur help.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

Most poor people overseas are living above standard when you compare to nigerians that are poor. How many people can you find at least 50k in there account in nigeria
dont be deceived, every nigerian has 50k. the man begging you for money is only begging because he does not want to spend his own. cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sonnie10: 3:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Why do you guys hate hearing the truth

I also noticed the same things the OP was complaining about when I visited Nigeria in December, and i can bet that things are worse now with the subsidy removal.

That means I'm an attention seeker, too, for me to have been able to make the same observations

Una problems as Nigerians no get any solution at all.
I no longer put mouth in their matter. Ignorance and too much suffer have led to lack of empathy.

8 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Starboytwo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
sukkot:
dont be deceived, every nigerian has 50k. the man begging you for money is only begging because he does not want to spend his own. cheesy
fresh white naked truth.

meanwhile OP, you got a return ticket right? use it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Legendguy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
PerfectStranger:
sad

Possible for one to get a room for rent just for a month or two in lagos? Apart from a hotel, Just to jobhunt.

You cant cos landlord cant offer such.
I have a room to be staying with me, how much will u pay me?
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
Samantha124:
You were born and raised in Nigeria and you only left for two years, but now you're already acting like you left Nigeria for 20 years with your nagging.. grin grin grin

Get off your high horse and face reality... You're busy asking how Nigerians survive as if you don't know... I've never been to Nigeria before, but I don't see myself ever asking such a question even if I do visit one day because already nairaland has given me an idea of some things to expect when visiting the country.
Well spoken.
💛
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Quebec91(m): 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
cheesy
Modifire:

Na who call you before? U better geraurahia before sapa finish you
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 3:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
on a side note they have not taken light since tinubu became president. thats like 8 days of light non stop. they just took it now though

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Quebec91(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
👍
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

We are doomed here brother

Please don't pity anyone
And don't give any body money

Our tribalism is ruining us here and we will never see progress

Bro can you Imagine this same subsidy removal we all protested against in 2012 is now what some people refer as south east and south south protest in 2023

Brother get the fuckkk outta here as soon as possible

We are doomed

The tribalism hidden in us is fully out

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by VTJN(m): 3:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blaze14k:

Most poor people overseas are living above standard when you compare to nigerians that are poor. How many people can you find at least 50k in there account in nigeria
Don't mind him. Claiming patriotic more than others

I don't have 50k in my account. I'm a 2.1 graduate. There are tons of married men who can't boast of 50k in their account.

A poor American or Canadian ate mile ahead poor or even average Nigerians

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by adeoyekay(m): 3:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tourist123:
welcome to naija
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by VTJN(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
sukkot:
you lie. A man earning 30k minimum wage can never boast of 50k in his account. Unless he won't feed, transport, pay house rent and other miscellaneous expenses. Let's stop pretending please

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Litmus: 3:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
MT:

Just the same way you are surviving where you came from. How much does a 35mins drive cost in the States?

We are not beggars, and the people have been surviving without you around. Leave today and you wont be missed.

I hate all these threads where people turn abroad to an earthly paradise. Crawl back into the cave you came from. Lot of people are working here modestly and far better than you. Dont be delusioned!

And most, majority young people, live a healthier and happier lives in Nigeria than abroad. As you age, abroad's more developed health care leads to a better outcome. Majority of these complainers are party politics motivated. Unfortunately thire online footprint is powerful and it is proving psychologically devastating to the spirit of Nigeria's National character, turning the people into unimaginative, weaklings and sapping them of get up and go.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Blaze14k: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

A) lack of parking?! drive long distance? i guess in your world, every single person in the US has a car, thus why they dont catch public transport abi? lol! just in New York, which has 3 major airports; 55% of households in NYC (aka 5 boroughs) dont own a car.
B) many people who live paycheck to paycheck in the US own a car and are still broke (thanls to car notes)!
C) as for you saying that there is no poverty in US/Europe (unless by choice)... you sir dont know what you are talking about. many people in US/Europe are poor because they can barely survive their paycheck to paycheck lifestyle. some cant even afford a home in places like NY/LA etc close to 40millions americans are poor, and immigration (legal/illegal) aint helping the numbers go down. same as Europe where poverty line is about 15% of the population (especially in places like France, UK, Spain, Italy)

i can take you to Paris today, and show you GHETTOS a stone thrown away from any tourist attraction. no poverty in US/EUROPE (unless by choice)?! you must be a comedian!

some yeah, and others are jobless/homeless people who aint got 1kobo to their names... aka many immigrants who thought they were gonna become the next Jeff Bezos, and ended up in the streets with no money for food nor shelter and/or return ticket.
there is poverty EVERYWHERE in the world...the difference is the percentage...in Africa its about the majority of population, in the US/UK its around 15/20% depending on where you look. i am talking people who cant even get money for food nor shelter. go to any of these trailer park in the US, thats where you will see real poverty with no drugs or anything affecting them.

Bro lemme clear in case you think you are talking to someone who is a novice to foreign land. When i was in the United Kingdom its by choice to be poor. You can easily get a job you want that can pay at least 8 pounds per hour. There are so many africans who work pay there school fees and still got to school. Being poor in uk is by choice.

Lemme be frank with you, you can travel anywhere you want just for 1 pound a day and that is very cheap. If you like you do a week plan or a month or a year, they call it student oyster. Dont let anyone deceive you that people are poor overseas.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
VTJN:
you lie. A man earning 30k minimum wage can never boast of 50k in his account. Unless he won't feed, transport, pay house rent and other miscellaneous expenses. Let's stop pretending please
lies. that man is building a house in his village. when its time to nack olosho 10000 naira will appear from under mattress

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Fame1309(f): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Samantha124:
You were born and raised in Nigeria and you only left for two years, but now you're already acting like you left Nigeria for 20 years with your nagging.. grin grin grin

Get off your high horse and face reality... You're busy asking how Nigerians survive as if you don't know... I've never been to Nigeria before, but I don't see myself ever asking such a question even if I do visit one day because already nairaland has given me an idea of some things to expect when visiting the country.
Just imagine!guy we no go blame u, Nigeria u see what you have cause

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by RaptorX: 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Tourist123:
You landed from the US in your dreams.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by VTJN(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
sukkot:
lies. that man is building a house in his village. when its time to nack olosho 10000 naira will appear from under mattress
STORY

We top unemployment rate and poverty level
How many state government is paying the minimum wage? How many graduates get job after school? When last has farmers gone to farm? I'm sure you know all these. Let me leave you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Offpoint1:
Just 2 years you dey act like person wey comot 20 years ago... I believe you go don form fake accents like all these kids Facebook keeps feeding me as content creator.

I will soon start swearing for those kids😭
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blaze14k:
Bro lemme clear in case you think you are talking to someone who is a novice to foreign land. When i was in the United Kingdom its by choice to be poor. You can easily get a job you want that can pay at least 8 pounds per hour. There are so many africans who work pay there school fees and still got to school. Being poor in uk is by choice.

Lemme be frank with you, you can travel anywhere you want just for 1 pound a day and that is very cheap. If you like you do a week plan or a month or a year, they call it student oyster. Dont let anyone deceive you that people are poor overseas.

again, thats because you dont understand the point here... many have families/children/homes/bills to pay and can only get these yeye £8/hr jobs (especially if laid off at +40yrs old)...do you think you can feed a whole family with children with such salary?! wouldnt you consider such person POOR? you yourself, do you think that with your £8/hr as a single man you were not poor (simply because you could pay your school and small chop)?! do you think that someone who receive benefits from the gov aint poor? poverty aint just making money, its about NOT being able to afford basic needs such as food/Shelter/clothing/healthcare etc. many in the UK dont have that luxury. just because you are sharing a flat with 15people, and can afford indomie 3 times daily does not mean you aint poor. many are just an accident away from requesting a hospital stay that they cant afford, many are a paycheck away from being homeless, many are a paycheck away from being hungry. just because you go to the UK and manage to SURVIVE, does not mean there aint no poverty in the UK.

i guess in your mind, the 15% poverty line in the UK is a myth then... there is some much abundant jobs for everybody in the UK and immigrants like you taking up jobs left right and center is irrelevant to the poverty in the uk, right?! i guess the people lining up for work in jobcenters are rich people who are too lazy to work, yeah?

6 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by clinician2x: 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
The people here are cursed even before they were born. A heavy curse was placed on them.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by mmsen: 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingi777:
Things were a little better during Jonathan's era. People got overfed and were challenging the government. Buhari reduced the feeding of people by increasing price of petrol, cooking gas, food etc. The hunger in people didn't allow them to challenge his government. Now, the government in power have seen that increasing the poverty would decrease the rate of agitation as it's a well fed man that would think of protesting. Moreover, the less the masses see money, the more money is accrued by the rich and political class for power consolidation.

Things were a lot better during the Jonathan era but Nigerians did not appreciate progress, they wanted regression, that is what they got. Let them enjoy their nonsense.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
VTJN:
STORY

We top unemployment rate and poverty level
How many state government is paying the minimum wage? How many graduates get job after school? When last has farmers gone to farm? I'm sure you know all these. Let me leave you
all lies. that broke man is at beer parlor every night destroying odeku and grilled tilapia lmaooo
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by onuman: 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
It's unbelievable in 2015 that today's level of suffering in Nigeria would ever come.
APC/Buhari has literally buried Nigerians.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Mom007(f): 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Samantha124:

Quite a lot has changed in Nigeria in the past 2 years... 2 years ago, there was a middle class. Now there is hardly any middle class. 2 years ago, people were still investing and building houses, now big money is spent on food and transportation. You guys should stop beefing the op and answer the issue on ground.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drLammy(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
PerfectStranger:
sad

Possible for one to get a room for rent just for a month or two in lagos? Apart from a hotel, Just to jobhunt.

Search Jiji for shared apartments around Yaba or Akoka
You may get for within 30k

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Ezemeiyogu(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
Starboytwo:
fresh white naked truth.

meanwhile OP, you got a return ticket right? use it.

It's a lie! People like that should not be allowed anywhere near public office. They will be so insensitive to the plight of the common people eh.

People are terrible wretched!
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is the same guy whom in his previous thread he said he wanted protection because he didn't feel safe anymore in his own country just because he was away for two years... grin grin grin

But since you know your country way better than I do, then who am I to argue with you.
Mom007:

Quite a lot has changed in Nigeria in the past 2 years... 2 years ago, there was a middle class. Now there is hardly any middle class. 2 years ago, people were still investing and building houses, now big money is spent on food and transportation. You guys should stop beefing the op and answer the issue on ground.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benson Biodun Alabi's Canadian Drivers License Lost & Found At Ikeja / Ogun And Lagos To Build 31km Inter-State Rail Service / Has Anyone Benefited From The 50% Discount On Transportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.