Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

How Do People Survive In Nigeria? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do People Survive In Nigeria? (20644 Views)

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. / Why Do People In The Diaspora Come Back To Nigeria To Settle When They Get Old? / Six People Survive From Road Accident In Awka (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 12:11am On Jun 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

the UNITED STATE CENSUS BUREAU says that there is 40m people living in POVERTY in the US, but i guess you are a better expert on the subject than them and therefore know something they dont.... abi?!?!

here enjoy:
https://www.census.gov/newsroom/stories/poverty-awareness-month.html#:~:text=Official%20Poverty%20Measure,37.9%20million%20people%20in%20poverty.

... but i understand your way of thinking. you just got to the US, see someone earning minimum 2K monthly, convert that in Naira in your head (aka 1.4M Nairas monthly), and thereafter mistakenly believe that everyone in the US is living comfortable lives.

Basing my experience and facts on this as regards to poverty like in Africa and Asia, nobody is living is this kind of poverty in America and Europe.
No more argument from you abeg.
I no know whether you dey this kind USA(United State of Adamawa)

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 12:15am On Jun 06, 2023
GreatKingg:
No, you are wrong. Over 10% of the US population lives below the poverty level. Guy, the poverty level for an individual for yankee nah $13,590. So, your story of nobody lives below the poverty level is completely false. Also, not all cities in the US have access to clean/good drinking water. How many people in the US do you think drink water directly from their tap? Most people depend on bottled water. There are quite a lot of hard-working people that are still poor. Let me ask you this question. What is your definition of hard-working man/woman? People that work 40 hours a week, do you consider them lazy or hard working? Or is it working 2 full time jobs that you consider hard-working? I asked you in my previous post, if you earn $7-$12/hour and work 40 hours weekly, how do you afford the basic necessities? How much is rent where you live? How much is electricity, gas, water, trash, medical insurance, car insurance, food, etc.? Now tell me, how do you afford all these from working 40 hours a week earning $12 or less an hour? Poverty is not a choice for everyone. I agree, there are quite a lot of people that are lazy, they don't want to do any work, just depend on food stamps and house voucher, but there are other majority out there hustling, and still not able to afford basic shits. Have you ever imagined a man with one or two kids earning $20/hour. How does he take care of his home with such pay? So will you now say such person is poor by choice? I believe you know how much childcare cost... even a single person earning $20 is poor... rent alone will take all your paycheck.... now don't tell me it depends on where they live. I'm not sure there's anywhere in the US right now where you will see a monthly rent below $500... you won't see that low even in the projects...

Nobody lives in this poverty as described by UN and WHO; in US and EU.
I rest my case.
Again, poverty is a choice here.

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 12:19am On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

Again, poverty is a choice here.

This your refrain is offensive. Some people are poor due to physical and mental limitations. It's not about being sensitive, it's a fact of life.

Thanks.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by melonsgroup: 1:12am On Jun 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

We are doomed here brother

Please don't pity anyone
And don't give any body money

Our tribalism is ruining us here and we will never see progress

Bro can you Imagine this same subsidy removal we all protested against in 2012 is now what some people refer as south east and south south protest in 2023

Brother get the fuckkk outta here as soon as possible

We are doomed

The tribalism hidden in us is fully out

2bottles of chilled Heneiken for you bruh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 1:23am On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

This your refrain is offensive. Some people are poor due to physical and mental limitations. It's not about being sensitive, it's a fact of life.

Thanks.

Physical disability doesn’t prevent one from getting any job in the US you know it, in fact, then when the govt is ready to help such person on everything so much. Mental limitations too don’t, people with all kinds of mental illnesses are employed. Even imbeciles are working in King Super and Safe Ways too.
I wonder the part of America you are, honestly.
You won’t go hungry, naked homeless. In the US.
There is no Nigeria kind of poverty in America.
Period

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 1:47am On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

Physical disability doesn’t prevent one from getting any job in the US you know it, in fact, then when the govt is ready to help such person on everything so much. Mental limitations too don’t, people with all kinds of mental illnesses are employed. Even imbeciles are working in King Super and Safe Ways too.
I wonder the part of America you are, honestly.
You won’t go hungry, naked homeless. In the US.
There is no Nigeria kind of poverty in America.
Period

What part of the USA? I live in Raleigh, NC and this is my real name. I'm a pharmacist, I see patients every day and I think I know a bit more about the debilitating effects of physical and mental illness than you ever will. Since you're posing the challenge, where do YOU live and what's your REAL name? What are you ashamed of that you can't post your REAL name? Because honestly you're sounding like a village idiot trapped in the Nigerian Zoo.

Physical disability doesn’t prevent one from getting any job in the US you know it,

Did you really write this? So there's several kids I know born to mothers who abused whatever kinds of drugs. Some born BLIND and without limbs. What kind of job are they going to do to avoid poverty? Yes, there's a good number of disabled people who are employed, but they're a small part of a significant population.

You don't know what you're talking about. And instead of engaging in a conversation and learning, the first thing you resort to is abuse. You've made a categorical statement that poverty is completely voluntary, I've claimed otherwise. There's load of medical journals and studies online, go read them and get a deeper look at the subject. You don't need to attend medical school to get a some sense of it.

What a loon, I doubt you live in the USA, your kind of rude is not the norm here.

Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by jimcaddy(m): 2:25am On Jun 06, 2023
You better be thanking your stars that you don secure Pali for obodo oyinbo. You people living abroad, walahi, you don't know what the Lord has done for you oh.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 3:12am On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

What part of the USA? I live in Raleigh, NC and this is my real name. I'm a pharmacist, I see patients every day and I think I know a bit more about the debilitating effects of physical and mental illness than you ever will. Since you're posing the challenge, where do YOU live and what's your REAL name? What are you ashamed of that you can't post your REAL name? Because honestly you're sounding like a village idiot trapped in the Nigerian Zoo.
Y

Did you really write this? So there's several kids I know born to mothers who abused whatever kinds of drugs. Some born BLIND and without limbs. What kind of job are they going to do to avoid poverty? Yes, there's a good number of disabled people who are employed, but they're a small part of a significant population.

You don't know what you're talking about. And instead of engaging in a conversation and learning, the first thing you resort to is abuse. You've made a categorical statement that poverty is completely voluntary, I've claimed otherwise. There's load of medical journals and studies online, go read them and get a deeper look at the subject. You don't need to attend medical school to get a some sense of it.

What a loon, I doubt you live in the USA, your kind of rude is not the norm here.

Cheers.

You just changed to your real name and you are calling me names. Wow. And you say you are educated?
I doubt. Because you are not refined. Crude.
You are a black monkey, wey be say shower a pig they will still be pig. Even bring you into US, you are dumb, pharmacist don’t see patients in the US, prescriptions are made by doctors and they go get it from pharmacists

By the way I live in, Telluride, Colorado.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by member13(m): 4:20am On Jun 06, 2023
seanwilliam:
shut up joor. Alaimokan.
You’re cursing your father’s land , is that something to be proud of?
The first world country una Dey run go, didn’t they face same thing , did they run? If they were cowards like you lot, una go see where to run go? Rubbish. White man slave .
Actually, those white men ran from Europe to the Americas. Millions of Irish, Italians, Germans, etc also fled Europe to go to America. By your own judgement, they were cowards too.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Zaheertyler(m): 5:51am On Jun 06, 2023
PerfectStranger:
sad

Possible for one to get a room for rent just for a month or two in lagos? Apart from a hotel, Just to jobhunt.
Seconded
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 6:02am On Jun 06, 2023
seanwilliam:
shut up joor. Alaimokan.
You’re cursing your father’s land , is that something to be proud of?
The first world country una Dey run go, didn’t they face same thing , did they run? If they were cowards like you lot, una go see where to run go? Rubbish. White man slave .

Yes a lot of them ran, but our own hardship dey on a different level because the greedy clueless rulers are getting richer everyday. They hide and spend all they loot outside the country, even the ones that was borrowed embarassed cry NOTHING to show for anything.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

See dude, in the US, we understand. Some super rich than others, but nobody is below poverty line here. No place in the US you will go that you won’t see electricity, good drinking water and all amenities, unlike Nigeria. No hard working man in America is poor. Unless you are into drugs or illegal.
And I say it again, poverty is a choice in US and Europe, unlike Nigeria where people are willing to work but no job. There is nothing like no job in America

Uncle, try dey comot na. Go down south eg:Louisiana or Poland in Europe. They depend on bottled water.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 6:58am On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
lol funny thing is, you have not even traveled to the US you are saying trash. Stfu abeg

All your reply no dey pass Stfu. Why do you think that? Like you have been blabbering about two years this, achievement that..say people no sabi you. You sabi me?

You couldn't even counter what I said or respect yourself without using foul language..this is why I hardly don't write comments here.

Get a life asap!
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 7:12am On Jun 06, 2023
Goddyrichie:
not everyone person like me na #70 Dey my sterling bank #20 in my Opay 24 yrs guy o wey dey hustle day and night day in a feed mill company and security man at night in a filling station I live everything to God
but you get money to buy data. jus dey play
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 7:16am On Jun 06, 2023
Edoziesmart:

You are lying.
I can bet my ball that more than half of Nigeria citizen above 18 don't have up to 50k in their account.
I'm talking from experience as a traveller.
I mean people are really suffering and living in abject poverty.
How do you expect a family man that earn less than 50k a month to boost of 50k in his account. Someone that is in deep trenches.
Damn!

Same goes to rural areas. The poverty rate in most rural areas mostly north are nothing to write home about🤦
Guy help someone (mostly people you know in real life) that is desperate in need if you can afford to give out the requested need.
meanwhile politicians are stealing billions of dollars

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Treadway: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2023
This right here is very very entertaining😎😁. Lol. Two fierce diaspora advocates cant seem to agree on the presence, absence or degree of poverty in 'Heaven'.....

sukkot:
meanwhile politicians are stealing billions of dollars
meanwhile broda Sukkot, shey e ti ri pe ko funny mo bayi. Pressure ti wa o. Shey Baba Tinubu go fit go after him Padi's wey don chop every finish eg Hadi Sirika wey don cash out with 86billiion bayi along with a loooooong line-up of others. Subsidy removal without guarantee that the savings won't still end up in few pockets yi bayi, emi o trust awon pipo yin pelu owo o...meanwhile 500litres ti mo store, o ma tan in like 6 months based on protocol of usage ti mo ti lay out, meanwhile 4-8years na im we still dey go. Pressure ti wa bayi oo....shey emi gan o ni join awon diaspora geng bayi oo..lol
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Treadway: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

All your reply no dey pass Stfu. Why do you think that? Like you have been blabbering about two years this, achievement that..say people no sabi you. You sabi me?

You couldn't even counter what I said or respect yourself without using foul language..this is why I hardly don't write comments here.

Get a life asap!
my guy, chill. That is how you know the empty barrels with no real achievements. They feel the need to ANNOUNCE themselves without a reason to. Those that really have achievements, their achievements speak for them and not the other way around.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Solofresh2: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2023
sukkot:
but you get money to buy data. jus dey play
Lol
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2023
Treadway:
This right here is very very entertaining😎😁. Lol. Two fierce diaspora advocates cant seem to agree on the presence, absence or degree of poverty in 'Heaven'.....

meanwhile broda Sukkot, shey e ti ri pe ko funny mo bayi. Pressure ti wa o. Shey Baba Tinubu go fit go after him Padi's wey don chop every finish eg Hadi Sirika wey don cash out with 86billiion bayi along with a loooooong line-up of others. Subsidy removal without guarantee that the savings won't still end up in few pockets yi bayi, emi o trust awon pipo yin pelu owo o...meanwhile 500litres ti mo store, o ma tan in like 6 months based on protocol of usage ti mo ti lay out, meanwhile 4-8years na im we still dey go. Pressure ti wa bayi oo....shey emi gan o ni join awon diaspora geng bayi oo..lol
alaye you keep 500 litres of fuel for house ? So na you I dey always dey behind for fuel station wey go pack like 10 jerry cans come dey buy fuel I go come wait 30 minutes before e reach my turn dem go come say fuel done finish say that alaye in front of me done buy all 500 litres wey remain lmaoooo. My brother this subsidy matter get k keg ooooo. These people are looking for more money to loot and since China say no more loans na we dem wan squeeze so they can buy more London mansions. Chief I done dust my Pali I wan enter Ukraine because it is looking more safer than naija right now lmaoooo grin
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Treadway: 8:22am On Jun 06, 2023
sukkot:
alaye you keep 500 litres of fuel for house ? So na you I dey always dey behind for fuel station wey go pack like 10 jerry cans come dey buy fuel I go come wait 30 minutes before e reach my turn dem go come say fuel done finish say that alaye in front of me done buy all 500 litres wey remain lmaoooo. My brother this subsidy matter get k keg ooooo. These people are looking for more money to loot and since China say no more loans na we dem wan squeeze so they can buy more London mansions. Chief I done dust my Pali I wan enter Ukraine because it is looking more safer than naija right now lmaoooo grin
lol...no o, I dey considerate, I no buy am at once. I dey always move with one 50L keg, wey I go fill when I fill my tank. Na so i do am till e complete..mi o le wa jeki fuel palava fun mi ni instant high blood pressure..lol

Back to the matter, emi o trust Baba yi pelu owo. We want neutral person wey go fit open these people yansh, but eyin daddies, uncle, aunties and mummies wa una no gree for us 'yoots'. Awon to ti jeun jeun over the last 8 years, ajegbe ni bayi and e dey pain me, cos these people no go feel nada, na the Nigerian people go hear wuen as usual. You come say you dey go Ukraine, e gbodo lo si ibi Kan Kan oo!!!
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by TheAlphaHunter: 8:30am On Jun 06, 2023
sukkot:

Sukkot I thought you supported tinubu or are you trolling right now?
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 8:32am On Jun 06, 2023
TheAlphaHunter:

Sukkot I thought you supported tinubu or are you trolling right now?
oh am definitely trolling lol

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by sukkot: 8:39am On Jun 06, 2023
Treadway:
lol...no o, I dey considerate, I no buy am at once. I dey always move with one 50L keg, wey I go fill when I fill my tank. Na so i do am till e complete..mi o le wa jeki fuel palava fun mi ni instant high blood pressure..lol

Back to the matter, emi o trust Baba yi pelu owo. We want neutral person wey go fit open these people yansh, but eyin daddies, uncle, aunties and mummies wa una no gree for us 'yoots'. Awon to ti jeun jeun over the last 8 years, ajegbe ni bayi and e dey pain me, cos these people no go feel nada, na the Nigerian people go hear wuen as usual. You come say you dey go Ukraine, e gbodo lo si ibi Kan Kan oo!!!
ahhh CHief Awon options ti won fun wa yen o gbadun rara ni. It's the best of the worse that we opted for . Shey Kia fun atiku ni access to the government coffers ni ? Look at his gang ? Dino, dokpesi and Reno ? By the time they are finished with naija the naira will be 8000 to 1 dollar. Dino go get 300 maybachs inside garage. Abi na peter obi ? The man is well meaning but the brain power is too low. That man go lead us into darkness. So alagba, it's the best of the worst we had to choose but Olodumare will help us to change his heart and do well by us lol. Hehe mi o lo si ibikankan oooo. Naija la wa forever
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 8:49am On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
yes I am always replying with stfu because some of y’all mfs need to actually stfu. You guys are in hell in this country. You sit behind your keypad to type trash about America when you don’t even have an international passport not to talk of traveling to even visit.

angry

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Tourist123: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

angry
that looks like UK. UK na Nigeria pro max na. Go and live in America and come back lets talk
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
that looks like UK. UK na Nigeria pro max na. Go and live in America and come back lets talk

Ode

Ozuo

Onyeiberibe

shocked Oh! Earlier it was I am in hell blabla..which is where you are at this moment. Just 13k you dey cry..soon you will do GoFundMe cheesy grin.

By the way, it's not UK and I will NEVER live in America or UK. I don't need visa to go there and I NEVER stayed more than 2wks. Google Tina Turner and where she was living.

Whenever I enter 9ja, i no dey even get time for Nairaland or to even check my email because of bad network..this your own dey suspicious grin

Like I said, get a life angry angry

Sukkel!

Klootzak🖕🖕🖕
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Tourist123: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

Ode

Ozuo

Onyeiberibe

shocked Oh! Earlier it was I am in hell blabla..which is where you are at this moment. Just 13k you dey cry..soon you will do GoFundMe cheesy grin.

By the way, it's not UK and I will NEVER live in America or UK. I don't need visa to go there and I NEVER stayed more than 2wks. Google Tina Turner and where she has been living.

Whenever I enter 9ja, i no dey even get time for Nairaland or to even check my email because of bad network..this your own dey suspicious grin

Like I said, get a life angry angry

Sukkel!

Klootzak🖕🖕🖕
lol. Bad network in Nigeria makes you not check your emails and Nairaland? Biko do you live in a Cave in Nigeria? 😂 . Anyways, I have no time for back and forth. Go f.ccck yourself
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by cool318(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2023
princeryle1:
Nigeria will become good
Future impossible tense
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2023
cool318:

Future impossible tense

Nwanne, i agree with you. Please I want to teach OP a lesson and delay him from running out of 9ja. I am ready to spend €3000..how did you finally solve the problem of the person you arrested..DM me, PB me your answer.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
lol. Bad network in Nigeria makes you not check your emails and Nairaland? Biko do you live in a Cave in Nigeria? 😂 . Anyways, I have no time for back and forth. Go f.ccck yourself

You are already being tracked, you stepped on the tail of a tiger😡 angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Is Set For Idu-Kaduna Railway Flag Off As Amaechi Does Final Inspection.PICS / Memorial University Newfoundland, Canada / Information On Different Types Of Nigerian Passoprt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.