Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

How Do People Survive In Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do People Survive In Nigeria? (20645 Views)

You Want To Survive In Lagos: 17 Things You Must Not Do. / Why Do People In The Diaspora Come Back To Nigeria To Settle When They Get Old? / Six People Survive From Road Accident In Awka (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:

Lol. You’re a big mumu. You have no idea who you are dealing with. 😂 😂
Go fuckkkkk yourself. I have going to report you to the @op. Then we will start from there

Seun, u dey see? People need to know that they CAN'T mess around online...Blessing CEO can testify.. I will use Tourist123 as a lesson, he CAN'T leave or enter the 9ja WITHOUT an arrest.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by bigug04(m): 12:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
[quote author=Tourist123 post=123608374] you’re very stupiddd. Why the f.cck did you comment on my thread? I am daring you to come arrest me, we will see who police will arrest.

Oooo
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

You just changed to your real name and you are calling me names. Wow. And you say you are educated?
I doubt. Because you are not refined. Crude.
You are a black monkey, wey be say shower a pig they will still be pig. Even bring you into US, you are dumb, pharmacist don’t see patients in the US, prescriptions are made by doctors and they go get it from pharmacists

By the way I live in, Telluride, Colorado.

Pharmacists don't see patients? Dear Sir, why not go and look up things BEFORE talking about what you don't know? If you do live in the USA, why not stop at a drug store and ask the pharmacist there? For example, when patients go to pick up their med, they actually might have to consult with the pharmacist, get instructions. Pharmacists work in hospitals and do rounds with the medical team every morning. Pharmacists have primary responsibility for administering VACCINATIONS in the USA.

As to our argument, there's a significant number of patients with serious mental illnesses or physical disabilities who reside in sanitoriums or mental hospitals, many are wards of the state, they own NOTHING. They are poor by your own definition because they don't work, not so? So what are you on about?

Seriously, try and look up things before you write. Please try and get enlightened. Think a little. You're very, very dumb. Education isn't all about degrees and university, there's more to it than sitting in a classroom.

Have a good day all the same.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by bigug04(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Pharmacists don't see patients? Dear Sir, why not go and look up things BEFORE talking about what you don't know? If you do live in the USA, why not stop at a drug store and ask the pharmacist there? For example, when patients go to pick up their med, they actually might have to consult with the pharmacist, get instructions. Pharmacists work in hospitals and do rounds with the medical team every morning. Pharmacists have primary responsibility for administering VACCINATIONS in the USA.

As to our argument, there's a significant number of patients with serious mental illnesses or physical disabilities who reside in sanitoriums or mental hospitals, many are wards of the state, they own NOTHING. They are poor by your own definition because they don't work, not so? So what are you on about?

Seriously, try and look up things before you write. Please try and get enlightened. Think a little. You're very, very dumb.

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by kenrisma535(m): 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Bros if you dey go abeg carry me put inside your Ghana must go

Are you serious bro?. Is it up to that!? Haba
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Seriously, try and look up things before you write. Please try and get enlightened. Think a little. You're very, very dumb. Education isn't all about degrees and university, there's more to it than sitting in a classroom.

Have a good day all the same.

Again, I try as much as possible to refrain from using abusive words on people; but you want to sound as a typical bragging black monkey, patent medicine dealer from Nigeria, who thinks anybody cares about their dumb certificate from a glorified secondary school called university in Nigeria.
Dude nobody cares about your sh!!t pharmacist here, cause your job is no different from an Amazon delivery driver, so don’t bring that caveman bragging mentality of “I am a pharmacist.
In America I know, patients don’t get sick and go to a pharmacist for diagnosis. They only see a pharmacist to get instructions on how to use their prescribed medicines from a doctor. So, no patient will consult you for diagnosis and give you details of their problems.
Again, as you mentioned, no doubt there are people with mental illnesses and disabilities, but they aren’t abandoned like their wards in Nigeria to roam the street hungry begging for food. They either have parents or family who takes care of their basic needs or the govt does, thereby preventing them from lacking the basic necessities of life - this means they aren’t in poverty.
Again, I don’t know which ghetto migrant concentration camp you dey live wey be say, no only things bad u dey see.
My state Colorado, there is no poverty and disabilities are way so low that you rarely see these kind wahala wey you dey talk.
Less privileged People aren’t abandoned in America by the govt to lack basic necessities.
Again, when you don’t lack life basic necessities you are not in poverty
Being in poverty - lacking basic necessities of life is a choice in America. Opportunities plenty for any serious individuals who wants to earn a decent living, it’s not same in poor countries like Nigeria
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

Again, I try as much as possible to refrain from using abusive words on people; but you want to sound as a typical bragging black monkey, Dude nobody cares about your sh!!t pharmacist here, cause your job is no different from an Amazon delivery driver, so don’t bring that caveman bragging mentality of “I am a pharmacist.

You were the FIRST to ask where I live..with the assumption that I don't know anything about the USA because I don't live there. There's NOTHING to brag about in ANY job or profession. Again, I tell you....being EDUCATED and enlightened is more than a university degree. I've ALSO repeatedly stated that I started my life working illegally as a cook in the USA at age 16. It's not bragging, it's just life.

Anytime I mention simple things, Nigerians get angry and claim I'm bragging. Tell Nigerians SIMPLE TRUTH, they start cursing and abusing you. Why?

I simply told you that many people with MENTAL or PHYSICAL disabilities might be poor and in fact many are DESTITUTE. Their poverty is NOT voluntary as you claim. I ALSO explained that poverty in the USA is actually a higher standard of living that even middle class in Nigeria. That's an easy to understand and factual state of affairs. I know because I work with such patients.

Anyway, like I said...have a good day.

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
For the record:

Come o!

Let "NOBODY" come and beg me that we are all Nigerians. If you do, you will see.

Una dey here o! Una no say anything or caution him.

I will also let TSA know.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You were the FIRST to ask where I live..with the assumption that I don't know anything about the USA because I don't live there. There's NOTHING to brag about in ANY job or profession. Again, I tell you....being EDUCATED and enlightened is more than a university degree. I've ALSO repeatedly stated that I started my life working illegally as a cook in the USA at age 16. It's not bragging, it's just life.

Anytime I mention simple things, Nigerians get angry and claim I'm bragging. Tell Nigerians SIMPLE TRUTH, they start cursing and abusing you. Why?

I simply told you that many people with MENTAL or PHYSICAL disabilities might be poor and in fact many are DESTITUTE. Their poverty is NOT voluntary as you claim. I ALSO explained that poverty in the USA is actually a higher standard of living that even middle class in Nigeria. That's an easy to understand and factual state of affairs. I know because I work with such patients.

Anyway, like I said...have a good day.

And you see your life. 16 years illegal migrant now see how far you have come, proving the fact that poverty is a choice in America.
Any destitute is also a choice. Govt provides shelter and feeding for homeless and there are donations from every corner of the US to help them to give them a better life, but most of them being drug addicts don’t want to be there. They prefer to be on the street constituting nuisance.
Again, mental, physical, disabled people have programs they can get into and better their lives in America. And will be well off than mentally okay average hard working people in Nigeria.
Stop making it sound like these people are abandoned and have no choice. They have multiple choices to live a better fulfilling life even with their disabilities.
America is not perfect, we know: but I have nothing bad to say about this great country, and will forever be indebted to them and tell the world how good of a country and human they are
I pray the CIA tracks you ingrates who benefits so much from the US and still have nothing good to say about the fingers that feed you
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
you’re very stupiddd. Why the f.cck did you comment on my thread? I am daring you to come arrest me, we will see who police will arrest.

You this Mugu again!!!! Continue.....
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Sirchiboy: 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
kenrisma535:

Are you serious bro?. Is it up to that!? Haba
40 years no job
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Tourist123: 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:
For the record:

Come o!

Let "NOBODY" come and beg me that we are all Nigerians. If you do, you will see.

lol! What’s the meaning of TSA? 😂 biko let CIA and FBI know
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Tourist123: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sirchiboy:
40 years no job
I am very sorry bro.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:

America is not perfect, we know: but I have nothing bad to say about this great country, and will forever be indebted to them and tell the world how good of a country and human they are
I pray the CIA tracks you ingrates who benefits so much from the US and still have nothing good to say about the fingers that feed you

It's the duty of a citizen to speak up when they see something wrong in their country. The reluctance to speak up for selfish or parochial reasons is a major factor in the destruction of Nigeria. Example - the majority of Nigerians voted for leaders of a political party that told them in 2012 to 2015 that "fuel subsidies don't exist". When a people fail to point out and punish such blatant lies, their country is on the way to perdition. Sorry to tell you, the USA is on that path right now.

As for the CIA and what not - take it easy. Again, it's sad how Nigerians immediately resort to rudeness, put downs and THREATS when they're confronted with the TRUTH. Already on this thread I've read people threatening to ARREST someone in Nigeria because of a difference of opinion. The other day someone told the truth about how Nigerians abuse the UK student visa and Nigerians flooded Nairaland and Twitter threatening to murder them because he "snitched".

You wrote:

America is not perfect, we know:

Well, that's treasonous expression right there. You're an unpatriotic heretic and I hope the FBI will get you for it. We don't know your real name so I guess I'm at higher risk - but we know USA police are super efficient, you will also be caught sooner or later. See you in prison. cry

Have a good day.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by member13(m): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:
For the record:

Come o!

Nigerians and unnecessary forming. Chai, I miss my country already.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by beejaay: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
people like you are reasons why Nigeria is how it is. You are suffering and smiling. What the fu…ck do you mean by 2 years? Do you know what I have achieved in 2 years been in America? Do you know how much I have saved? I pity you. 2years to you in this hell fire called Nigeria is just yesterday but to me that has been in a sane country, 2 years has been a long time because I have achieved alot.

wetin you achieve that others have not achieved before?? or becasue of what you achieved, you now sleep on two beds on sit on two chairs or drive two cars at the same time or u eat 50 wraps of amala at a sitting?? abeg get off your high horse and know that people are balanced far before u begin to think and people are far more contented, developed, progressive and accomplished thatn u will ever be...ordinary two years u don dey form rubbish
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by Sirchiboy: 4:24pm On Jun 06, 2023
Tourist123:
I am very sorry bro.
Anything you have let me stand make I no go commit suicide abeg
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2023
member13:

Nigerians and unnecessary forming. Chai, I miss my country already.

Forming? Me?
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by member13(m): 4:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

Forming? Me?

Oga you are talking about arresting people and threatening people, all from the comfort of your computer. It seems like forming na. You don't even know who Tourist123 is. How will you accomplish this?
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:
Basing my experience and facts on this as regards to poverty like in Africa and Asia, nobody is living is this kind of poverty in America and Europe.
No more argument from you abeg.
I no know whether you dey this kind USA(United State of Adamawa)

again, who cares what YOU think is poverty in America?! again, why do you think that poverty in america should look like poverty in Africa?! stop comparing the west with Africa. stop using your "fresh off the boat" mind to judge something that you are clearly clueless about. there are 40m poor people in America who cannot get basic life necessities for themselves... and whether you like it or not, THIS IS A FACT!!!!

now, just because you can get 10 low paying dishwasher jobs tomorrow does not make any difference to the above issue....
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:

It's the duty of a citizen to speak up when they see something wrong in their country. The reluctance to speak up for selfish or parochial reasons is a major factor in the destruction of Nigeria. Example - the majority of Nigerians voted for leaders of a political party that told them in 2012 to 2015 that "fuel subsidies don't exist". When a people fail to point out such blatant lies, their country is on the way to perdition. Sorry to tell you, the USA is on that path right now.

As for the CIA and what not - take it easy. Again, it's sad how Nigerians immediately resort to rudeness, put downs and THREATS when they're confronted with the TRUTH. Already on this thread I've read people threatening to ARREST someone in Nigeria because of a difference of opinion. The other day someone told the truth about how Nigerians abuse the UK student visa and Nigerians flooded Nairaland and Twitter threatening to murder them because he "snitched".

You wrote:

Well, that's treasonous expression right there. You're an unpatriotic heretic and I hope the FBI will get you for it. We don't know your real name so I guess I'm at higher risk - but we know USA police are super efficient, you will also be caught sooner or later. See you in prison. cry

Have a good day.

“Duty of a citizen to speak up?” Speak up about America in a Nigeria forum. 😂 comedian.

“Nigeria resort to Rudeness and Threats”
Then went ahead doing same. “The FBI will get you for it” “you will be be caught sooner or later” “see you in prison”
Comedian. 😂
So what makes you different?

“US police are super efficient” thank God you now said one good thing about the US
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:
Sir you need to standardize your definition of poverty. The most contemporary measures of poverty include access to amenities such as clean water and stable energy supplies. The vast majority of poor people in the USA have access to such basic amenities of modern life. You have to incorporate some HDI standards.

What the people and government of the USA regard as "poverty" is a life of lower middle class comfort in Nigeria. The only people who are *un*avoidably poor in the USA are the physically or mentally ill. Do your research.

Cheers.

i fully disagree, there are plenty of people in America who cant make ends meet at the end of the month, while working sometimes 3 jobs, yet they aint remotely physically/mentally ill. comparing poverty in America with Africa is a baseless opinion as nobody cares what the poverty in Nigeria is (when talking about poverty in America). just because someone lives in a rented mansion, if they cant pay for their food, for the house bills and/or for their healthcare, then they are POOR, regardless of their shiny mansion.

again, people living in their cars because they cant afford a decent home are not mentally/physically ill, they are just TOO BROKE TO AFFORD BASIC NECESSITIES OF LIFE. these are poor people, regardless of whether they have a salary that is millionaire status in Africa and/or that they sleep in cars that Africans dream about. poverty in Africa is different than poverty in America, but nevertheless POVERTY!
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 5:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

again, who cares what YOU think is poverty in America?! again, why do you think that poverty in america should look like poverty in Africa?! stop comparing the west with Africa. stop using your "fresh off the boat" mind to judge something that you are clearly clueless about. there are 40m poor people in America who cannot get basic life necessities for themselves... and whether you like it or not, THIS IS A FACT!!!!

now, just because you can get 10 low paying dishwasher jobs tomorrow does not make any difference to the above issue....

Okay. Check my photo that’s what I do for job here, dude.
Mind you, I make over $190k yearly as a 💯 percent fully commissioned tech. I am not on hourly job dude

Yeah. 40 million homeless drug addicts and illegal immigrants living in the States
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
member13:

Oga you are talking about arresting people and threatening people, all from the comfort of your computer. It seems like forming na. You don't even know who Tourist123 is. How will you accomplish this?

Oga, is Tourist123 your monika? Come clean pls..are you saying it's impossible? Are you saying that money doesn't talk? That Tourist123 CAN'T be tracked down? Are you in support of the disrespect on me and some other people here?
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by member13(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

Oga, is Tourist123 your monika? Come clean pls..are you saying it's impossible? Are you saying that money doesn't talk? That Tourist123 CAN'T be tracked down? Are you in support of the disrespect on me and some other people here?

LOOOL. I am not Tourist123. Money talks, but folks with money don't conduct yourself like you are doing right now. I thought I had seen everything on NL, but threatening to arrest someone is a new one. I am enjoying this actually.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by drpat1: 6:00pm On Jun 06, 2023
member13:

Don't bother responding, i won't respond to you because I don't know which angle you are going about this issue. Someone called my country hell..when Mazi Nnamdi Kanu called the country a name all hell broke loose.

Insulted me and other people here, isn't that enough to speak to him in the language he will understand like Buhari grin
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
OChimex:
Okay. Check my photo that’s what I do for job here, dude.
Mind you, I make over $190k yearly as a 💯 percent fully commissioned tech. I am not on hourly job dude

Yeah. 40 million homeless drug addicts and illegal immigrants living in the States

bro, what you do exactly in the US is irrelevant to the subject at hand... but its obvious that you just landed as any person who've lived long enough in the US would know that poverty anywhere in the west is not based on having running water and 24hs electricity. its only "fresh off the boat immigrant" who still believe they are back in Africa, who think like that.

anyway, its pointless trying to educate you on the subject, as it is obvious you need to make your newlyfound country look/sound like paradise on earth, while we all know that many gainfully employed people in America would tell you otherwise.

have a fantastic day, and dont let me rain on your parade!
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by member13(m): 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
drpat1:

Don't bother responding, i won't respond to you because I don't know which angle you are going about this issue. Someone called my country hell..when Mazi Nnamdi Kanu called the country a name all hell broke loose.

Insulted me and other people here, isn't that enough to speak to him in the language he will understand like Buhari grin

Nigeria is my country too and I was very pleased to return a few months ago after more than a decade overseas. It wasn't a good look for the OP to phrase his opinions so harshly, so I understand why so many people are angry. He could have gone about it a different way. No need for us to be angry. Have a nice day boss. Can't wait to come back to Nigeria.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by armyofone(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
No difference - human race is all about hustling to survive - rich or poor or middle.

Doesn't matter how much you make. At the end of the scheme of things, no one get out of earth alive or with their money.
Re: How Do People Survive In Nigeria? by OChimex: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

bro, what you do exactly in the US is irrelevant to the subject at hand... but its obvious that you just landed as any person who've lived long enough in the US would know that poverty anywhere in the west is not based on having running water and 24hs electricity. its only "fresh off the boat immigrant" who still believe they are back in Africa, who think like that.

anyway, its pointless trying to educate you on the subject, as it is obvious you need to make your newlyfound country look/sound like paradise on earth, while we all know that many gainfully employed people in America would tell you otherwise.

have a fantastic day, and dont let me rain on your parade!

What I do is irrelevant, but you kept referring to me as someone who makes $10 an hour. So why refer to me that way when it doesn’t matter? Same way you refer to me as fresh up immigrant, does it matter when I come here?
Dude, time again doesn’t matter because there are people who will never see anything good with any country or anybody, someone like you who uses microscope to see the little inconsequential bad things, forgetting the obvious palpable goodies.
What matters is that God has blessed me immensely in this blessed country that I will forever be grateful to God and the US.
I don’t talk bad about the fingers that feed me.
Peace ✌️

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Is Set For Idu-Kaduna Railway Flag Off As Amaechi Does Final Inspection.PICS / Memorial University Newfoundland, Canada / Information On Different Types Of Nigerian Passoprt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.