Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 (3857 Views)

Indian Bride Dies At Her Wedding & The Groom Marries Her Sister At Same Ceremony / This Girl From The Caribbean / Couple Got Married 32ft Underwater In The Caribbean Sea (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by saintbillion(m): 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2023
Legendary Mexican actor, Sergio Calderón has died at the age of 77.

The star, known for his work in films such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Men In Black - passed away in Los Angeles on Wednesday, May 31. His family revealed that Calderón died in hospital from natural causes.
The Mexican actor had a career spanning six decades and starred in more than 40 Hollywood films.

One of his best-known roles was as Captain Vallenueva, where he starred alongside Johnny Depp in the 2007 movie Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World’s End.

He also famously played the 'head on a stick' held by an alien in the 1997 movie, Men in Black.

In an interview just days before his death, he admitted he ‘loves’ playing villainous characters.

He told The Los Angeles Times: 'I love to play those types of characters, because people really hate me.

'They tell me in the streets how much they hate me. But to me, that is my success. Because that means I was able to convince people with what I performed.'

Calderón was born in a small tropical village in Mexico and moved to Mexico City aged 10 where he developed a love of performing after taking part in a poetry reading.

He landed his first acting role in 1970, featuring in The Bridge in the Jungle, which was shot in Mexico.

Calderón moved to Los Angeles nine years later after getting his Screen Actors Guild card for his role in the comedy, The In-Laws.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/01/pirates-caribbean-sergio-calderon-dead-dies-men-black/

1 Like

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by RoadMozart(m): 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
Eeeeyaaaa

RIP legend
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Sonnobax15(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
grin
That movie that year.....Jack sparrow grin. Na my favorite actor grin. His walking style alone dey make me dey laugh....Always fond of falling into problem but was also very quick to japa....

Well, Rip to that man...They all made my secondary school days awesome cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by fnep2smooth(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
One of my best movie
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by ruggedtimi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin
That movie that year.....Jack sparrow grin. Na my favorite actor grin. His walking style alone dey make me dey laugh....Always fond of falling into problem but was also very quick to japa....

bt last last my favourite character in pirates of the Caribbean na Barbosa and Davy jones

3 Likes

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Goodlady(f): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sauce?
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by TheSuperX(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
Goodlady:
Sauce?
Maggi, pepper and curry
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by brosom(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin

lol him na master japaa!! 😅😅

2 Likes

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by b3llo(m): 8:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
RIP
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Oblongata: 8:31pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sonnobax15:
grin

Johnny Depp has been my favorite actor since 'Edward the Scissors hands' movie!

2 Likes

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by RevolverOcelot(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
RIP legend
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Domistar5(f): 12:07am On Jun 02, 2023
RIP Legend
Still in love with the film score. I love watching piano covers of the movie music.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Finquas: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2023
He has done his bit RIP
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by keymatt(m): 7:50am On Jun 02, 2023
Is there any movie as interesting as Pirates of the Caribbean? Capt Jack Sparrow, Capt Barbosa, two of my favorite frenemies. Willing to work together for a course, only to scam one another in the end. Bloody pirates 😁

2 Likes

Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Ihateheadslamer: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2023
Have you watched the rush hour 1 2 3 and 4
keymatt:
Is there any movie as interesting as Pirates of the Caribbean? Capt Jack Sparrow, Capt Barbosa, two of my favorite frenemies. Willing to work together for a course, only to scam one another in the end. Bloody pirates 😁
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by sylve11: 8:01am On Jun 02, 2023
Journey well, Sir. sad cool
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by keymatt(m): 8:03am On Jun 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Have you watched the rush hour 1 2 3 and 4
Watched them, but I don't find them interesting enough.
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Baronthecelebri: 11:00am On Jun 02, 2023
Jack sparrow make me love the movie
Re: Pirates Of The Caribbean Star, Sergio Calderón Dies At 77 by Oluromantic: 12:47am On Jun 03, 2023
Rip but no do pirate for heaven o

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Black Females Always Play Hard To Get? / Guys,wetin We Do? / GUYS: Will You Marry Her If She Was the daughter of Dangote?? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.