Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN (47178 Views)

CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by dahnimoh(m): 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
K
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Stevosty: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
CBN has gotten to the level of lying to the public.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by dayleke: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
E don happen
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Bebissa: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Na dem sabi oo
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Mishydoo(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Seems media will be an enemy to this government so they are taking precautions
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Illegal1(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
Omoh.......which kind confusion be dis?
mr A say i no talk dis tin bt mr B say"oga u talk am...

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by vikstandon(m): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
Is True!

NNPC to us no panic buying... the subsidy would kick of June ending... But by May 31 there was a newly reported Pump price.

No smoke without fire.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by nymphomaniac(m): 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Whoever gave the order to the CBN to issue that rebuttal messed up big time. The newspaper is correct and they also know the gravity of peddling false news.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
ivolt:
Daily Trust is right.
CBN indeed sold dollars for 630/N.

If you know anyone who regularly uses the I&E window, you can also confirm from them.
They are out of touch with realities.

Assuming things was done in the right way, will there be 2 contrasting FX rates in one country but CBN don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by MAMABBQGRRLS: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2023
So the movie begins...

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
morikee:
This is a lie as of yesterday Naira closes at 46x not 631 this verifiable via https://fmdqgroup.com/exchange/
We are talking of physical cash exchange.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by MrDoGood(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
CondenseMilk:
Unfortunately aboki's are the ones who determines Nigeria FX mark!

Yet, they import nothing.

It's not their fault.

When Bubu was sick, you see what Osinbajo did to dollar ba?

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
ivolt:
Daily Trust is right.
CBN indeed sold dollars for 630/N.

If you know anyone who regularly uses the I&E window, you can also confirm from them.

Please, I don't understand this devaluation stuff... Kindly explain. Is it supposed to be a good thing for the economy or not?

(I just read where someone posted that it'll be the fall of Tinubu's administration... Is the devaluation really a bad thing per say?)
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Babysho(m): 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
This has to be one of the worst starts to a govt in the history of mankind. Confusion, killings and hardship. What next? President travelling out for more health palava amidst the chaos?

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by freemanq(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
The cbn president you no dey tire?

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by sammirano: 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2023
Daily trust like whala, good though
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Youngkaro45: 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2023
Blaze14k:

Are you scared? Well dont worry ur pain wont last long. On tinubu's mandate we stand. We are with you in this time of suffering. Hope u trekked today?

The problem you people have is that you don't read and improve yourself, na only hatred fill your heart. If your preferred candidate had won the election, he would have removed fuel subsidy as well because Buhari had already signed it before leaving office, so the coming administration will just effect it.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by learnedman(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nigeruans! Welcome your new deceptive Government,full of trickery and wayo! Say one thing while doing another,the more you look the less you see shocked grin

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Nfora: 9:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Junk Journalism undecided

A Customer says he/she bought dollars from CBN at N641,without any official confirmation or pronouncement from CBN, you then rush to the press that CBN had devalued the Naira!

Rubbish!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Okpokpo09: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, I don't understand this devaluation stuff... Kindly explain. Is it supposed to be a good thing for the economy or not?

(I just read where someone posted that it'll be the fall of Tinubu's administration... Is the devaluation really a bad thing per say?)
. It means we are all heading to Mecca with our ten toes. On tinibi manhood we stand

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by NwaliE01: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
KingKO22:
Daily confusion should put their fact together before creating unnecessary speculations

What are you saying please?

3 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by king1250: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
They will deny it the way they denied take bishop and others.

3 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Blaze14k: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Youngkaro45:

The problem you people have is that you don't read and improve yourself, na only hatred fill your heart. If your preferred candidate had won the election, he would have removed fuel subsidy as well because Buhari had already signed it before leaving office, so the coming administration will just effect it.

Lol where is the hate in my statement am only sympathising with him. Secondly dont forget its on the record u ppl played the most tribalistic politics in the history of nigeria this year. So dont come here trying to lecture me on hate. Besides i dont give a damn who ends up the president, nigeria will remain a shit hole like it or not.

This same man who took off the subsidy is the same man who opposed Jonathan when he wanted to take it off and u want to lecture me on hate. Do u actually know the kind of money we would have saved. See oga take ur time dont get me angry. Just mind ur damn business and save ur mandate. Nonsense!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by azeezboi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
boltwings:
it is true. Same CBN denied devaluing naira when it was 430 but later on accepted that it was devalued. This devaluation will be the beginning of the fall of Tinubu. I pray Peter Obi reclaims the mandate Government because the problem will get worse with a deluded criminal leader like Tinubu.
fall of your family lineage and boot tiny
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by 12inchess: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Politics 101. How to give a dog a bad name to hang it. Tinubu will come out and say the current CBN governor doesn't know what he is doing and he is incompetent. Emefiele is a gunner. Case closed. The Naira will certainly be devalued.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by BJanta: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
It's not so much devaluation, but harmonisation and valuation to unify both the official and parallel market. Now there're no more official and and unofficial rates. It's just a singular rate with open access to foreign exchange request and needs and at a flat rate. Just as it was before Babangida brought this fraud in 1989. Understand this ,it was available for all before this iminent forex regime, but some could access it through the BDC exorbitant rates. It's the military top brass who own most of the BDC ,both serving and retired.They use their influence to obtain forex at official the official rates for spurious reasons with the connivance of the CBN officials, to sell sell at exorbitant prices in the black market.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by BJanta: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see CBN devaluing the naira, I see Tinubu placing a ban on bureau de change, I see northerners angry with him for destroying their daily bread, I see man things which I wouldn't say now until the appointed time.

This I have seen.

With your blind eyes?
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by TOMMYS: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see CBN devaluing the naira, I see Tinubu placing a ban on bureau de change, I see northerners angry with him for destroying their daily bread, I see man things which I wouldn't say now until the appointed time.

This I have seen.

The Fulani keeps the dollar with cock sure prediction that it will astronomically rise.
If it doesn't rise as expected. They find a northerner who will bastardise the Nigerian economy and naira so that the Naira dollar exchange rate will rise by default.

Tomorrow dem go say Aboki no get sense.
The northerner is wider.

Una mumu never do
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Poske95(m): 10:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

Mayn't have seen you ....but you go get 4:30 eye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paylater Is A Publicity Scam For One Credit / Banks Demand Central Bank Code For Accepting Old Naira Note Deposit / Free Flow Of Yuan In Nigerian Banks - What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.