Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,045 members, 7,799,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN (47155 Views)

CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / Naira devaluation: BDCs get dollars at ₦393, sell for N494 / Analysts Predict Naira Devaluation To N400/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Alliswell248: 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
boltwings:
it is true. Same CBN denied devaluing naira when it was 430 but later on accepted that it was devalued. This devaluation will be the beginning of the fall of Tinubu. I pray Peter Obi reclaims the mandate because the problem will get worse with a deluded criminal leader like Tinubu.

Keep dreaming for the Pandora fraud.
You can make him your President. Bit he won't smell the Aso Rock.
Agony of a sore loser.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Damzy101(m): 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
KingKO22:
Daily confusion should put their fact together before creating unnecessary speculations

As indicated, the CBN should come up with their facts, so as to clear the air.
Lobatan!

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by tonytony208(m): 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
KingKO22:
Daily confusion should put their fact together before creating unnecessary speculations

CBN should sue the newspaper if they are sure it is actually Daily Confusion.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by tonytony208(m): 10:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
ivolt:
Daily Trust is right.
CBN indeed sold dollars for 630/N.

If you know anyone who regularly uses the I&E window, you can also confirm from them.

Does that mean black market rate will further fall?
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
boltwings:
it is true. Same CBN denied devaluing naira when it was 430 but later on accepted that it was devalued. This devaluation will be the beginning of the fall of Tinubu. I pray Peter Obi reclaims the mandate because the problem will get worse with a deluded criminal leader like Tinubu.
so which one ll Atiku reclaim since he is in court too?
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by ACE1010: 10:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Is it not too early to start this brouhaha bulaba undecided undecided undecided
Just 2 Days of this government, accusations and counter accusations are flying around 😕😕😕😕

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by ojeshola: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
No smoke without fire
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by timefarm(m): 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
boltwings:

Just look at the mirror, the criminal will be staring right back at you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by ivolt: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
tonytony208:

Does that mean black market rate will further fall?
Yes, but not by much.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Teenaira: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
boltwings:

If a criminal like Peter Obi is allowed to rule Nigeria, then the country is finished. Otilo.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by NnamdiN: 11:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
They should just eliminate the multiple exchange rates
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by aestake: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
KingKO22:
grin grin..truth hurts.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Arbiter9(m): 11:52pm On Jun 01, 2023
Emefiele again

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by ThiefnubuBandit: 12:13am On Jun 02, 2023
I believe Daily Trust.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Thegamingorca(m): 12:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by obyno82: 1:12am On Jun 02, 2023
Teenaira:

If a criminal like Peter Obi is allowed to rule Nigeria, then the country is finished. Otilo.

How is Nigeria not finished at the moment?

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by dyera(m): 1:15am On Jun 02, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Some of fed govt agencies are very guilty of what Daily Trust mentioned, they won't call it devaluing but rather a funny name.

Moving the official exchange rate from 450 to 640 in a day is nothing but devaluation, don't know what the apex bank is running away from.

If they want to unify the naira exchange rate, the idea is to figure a way to bring the parallel market down to the official rate. Devaluing the naira official rate is absolutely reckless.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Chicastle: 2:02am On Jun 02, 2023
KingKO22:

Dem say Dey stand with their story naw
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by XAUBulls: 2:14am On Jun 02, 2023
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by FireUpNow(m): 3:17am On Jun 02, 2023
CBN is lying and the newspaper is saying the truth. How much is black market rate? I don't see how the unification of the bank exchange rate and the black market rate is going to work in this country. The president should have been honest enough to tell us that he has devalued the naira instead of being economical with the truth.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Emetex22(m): 3:33am On Jun 02, 2023
Youngkaro45:

The problem you people have is that you don't read and improve yourself, na only hatred fill your heart. If your preferred candidate had won the election, he would have removed fuel subsidy as well because Buhari had already signed it before leaving office, so the coming administration will just effect it.
You don't open your watery diarhic mouth to spew nonsense when you don't have a cushion, that's the difference, your head is rather filled with dumps and shit

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by egoldman(m): 4:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Less than a week since Tinubu assumed office Fucck up back to back.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by egoldman(m): 4:40am On Jun 02, 2023
vikstandon:
Is True!

NNPC to us no panic buying... the subsidy would kick of June ending... But by May 31 there was a newly reported Pump price.

No smoke without fire.

I don't support or like Tinubu, but I want him to succeed as it will rub everyone positively, however the signs are not good yet.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Obesity(m): 5:06am On Jun 02, 2023
Nothing is fake here

👇

Contact me for Amazon publication A-Z guide .

I can write all your research works including proposal , statements of purpose , introduction etc.

Just contact me
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:23am On Jun 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, I don't understand this devaluation stuff... Kindly explain. Is it supposed to be a good thing for the economy or not?

(I just read where someone posted that it'll be the fall of Tinubu's administration... Is the devaluation really a bad thing per say?)

Well...it seems nobody wants to give you heads up so let me oblige you. Devaluing naira simply means CBN officially raise the naira value against dollar in exchange rate. To put it in perspective, it means the official exchange rate against dollar which initially is #460/$1they have made it #630/$1. It is not a good sign because the black market rate will sky rocket and that's where most buyers get their exchange. This will increase cost of importation which will also increase prices of all the goods you will buy since Nigeria's economy solely depend on importation. This is layman explanation.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Agadinaagwuofe:

Well...it seems nobody wants to give you heads up so let me oblige you. Devaluing naira simply means CBN officially raise the naira value against dollar in exchange rate. To put it in perspective, it means the official exchange rate against dollar which initially is #460/$1they have made it #630/$1. It is not a good sign because the black market rate will sky rocket and that's where most buyers get their exchange. This will increase cost of importation which will also increase prices of all the goods you will buy since Nigeria's economy solely depend on importation. This is layman explanation.

Thank you for your explanation, I really appreciate.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Blaze14k:

Lol where is the hate in my statement am only sympathising with him. Secondly dont forget its on the record u ppl played the most tribalistic politics in the history of nigeria this year. So dont come here trying to lecture me on hate. Besides i dont give a damn who ends up the president, nigeria will remain a shit hole like it or not.

This same man who took off the subsidy is the same man who opposed Jonathan when he wanted to take it off and u want to lecture me on hate. Do u actually know the kind of money we would have saved. See oga take ur time dont get me angry. Just mind ur damn business and save ur mandate. Nonsense!!

The guy you quoted is most hypocritical homo sapien to grace internet today. Don't mind his brazen hypocrisy, he revel and chew hate against other tribe and turn around to accuse you of same thing. There's no emotional blackmail that will work cos when things go wrong people should speak out and call out the bullshits, I noticed the propaganda now, anyone that tries complaining will be labeled a hater and ascribed to be from the region that voted against the incoming government.

2 Likes

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by Agadinaagwuofe: 5:34am On Jun 02, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Thank you for your explanation, I really appreciate.

You're welcome.
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by racerve(m): 5:56am On Jun 02, 2023
Nfora:
Junk Journalism undecided

A Customer says he/she bought dollars from CBN at N641,without any official confirmation or pronouncement from CBN, you then rush to the press that CBN had devalued the Naira!

Rubbish!!

If your level of deductive reasoning hasn't passed 1 + 1, that doesn't mean everyone is like you.

They have proof CBN sold dollars at N630.

CBN sets the official rate, and will only sell dollars at that rate.

What can you infer from these two pieces of information?

Investigative journalism is about reporting facts, not government announcements.

1 Like

Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by akins088(m): 6:08am On Jun 02, 2023
Oga park well this your fake mandate dey shout.naso u wan dey look for wetn no lost.
boltwings:
Re: Devaluation: ‘We Stand By Our Story’, Daily Trust Replies CBN by kmaster007: 6:34am On Jun 02, 2023
Even Obi can do pass dis. He will surely be controlled by sum even peoples
boltwings:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paylater Is A Publicity Scam For One Credit / Banks Demand Central Bank Code For Accepting Old Naira Note Deposit / Free Flow Of Yuan In Nigerian Banks - What You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.