Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari (42559 Views)

Tinubu Has Solution For Impact Of Subsidy Removal, Says Oshiomhole (Video) / FG Approves ₦656 Billion To Cushion Effects Of Bailout Deductions On States / Coronavirus: Edo Government Pays Workers March Salaries To Cushion Effects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by BennyDGreat: 10:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Eriokanmi:
He said...every one will now have acces to fx. Just like I said a few minutes ago, if you hoard dollars thinking you'd sell at 755 or higher, I pity you. Don't come here and be crying later. Sell now cos dollar will soon trade for 655 naira at the bdc the CBN's recent policy has given the bdcs the opportunity to bid. Almost all those who bidded yesterday got and sold at 715. Its expected to fall further soon and both the official and black market rates won't be much as we once experienced some years back.

The question is: Is this sustainable?

As far as I am concerned, until something is done to reduce our imports, all these are artificial solutions. It will never resolve the core issue. Is the government so scared of addressing the main issue?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by JaySmart4422: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2023
Na COVID kinda palliative ooo
Believe them at your own grum grum
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by mctech(m): 10:51am On Jun 02, 2023
Repairing of refineries? What of the various licenses you issued? What of privatisation? What becomes of Dangotes?

The looting will be worse than the annual turn around maintenance you have been doing for years with nothing to show for it.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Desusi: 11:01am On Jun 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Palliatives that will never be delivered? undecided
Its like cooking stones with pot on fire,then assuring hungry children to relax,there's food on fire now. For how long?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Novice1(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2023
This Kyari no dey tire to dey tell lies? Tinubu should be wary of these remnants of Buhari regime that will keep sabotaging him.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by iyke2frankeze: 11:11am On Jun 02, 2023
Like COVID 19 palliatives packed in Oba of Lagos palace.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Chenu60: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2023
In other news, this is what is trending so far. How can a civilian point a gun at a VIO officer?

VIDEO: Motorist Points Gun At VIO Officer In Abuja In Broad Daylight Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtOpTFCUq9k
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by johnjose68: 11:17am On Jun 02, 2023
Mystic216:
Palliative for his family and friends

Looting don start under 3 days
God abeeegggg

I am just happy that you are wailing.

Oo God, let this Mystic person wail till President Tinubu's tenure ends in 2031. Amen.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by baralatie(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2023
sevenseas:
NNPC is Limited Company, Not any more government entity.

so why is Kyari acting as Nigeria minister of Petroleum?
Because he is the defacto minister of petroleum since there is none on ground 🚴🚴🚴🚴
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by jesmond3945: 11:25am On Jun 02, 2023
bhella10:
God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. My President carry on!
can palliative solve all your needs?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by DSSnairaland: 11:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Allisgud: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2023
Gari ewa come to mind abi na indomie spaghetti
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Eriokanmi: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2023
BennyDGreat:

The question is: Is this sustainable?

As far as I am concerned, until something is done to reduce our imports, all these are artificial solutions. It will never resolve the core issue. Is the government so scared of addressing the main issue?
That's a good question,..how sustainable?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by countryman13: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2023
Islie:
Insists Nigeria can no longer sustain subsidy regime

https://leadership.ng/tinubu-has-ordered-palliatives-to-cushion-effects-of-subsidy-removal-kyari/

What type of palliatives has d govt/BAT put in place ooooo? Abi e no get name ni? I hope it's not like that of Covid-19 palliatives.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by engroke(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Why not refinery first b4 subsidy.....just wondering
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Standing5(m): 11:56am On Jun 02, 2023
You enforced subsidy removal but ordered palliative. Kikikiki.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Mystic216: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
zomby:

You have no brain; you must be an igbo pig!
Name actually follows person
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Poanan: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
alanto:

People must wail. Kyari is at the main center of all these, like Emefiele was at the center of naira redesign. Did Nigerians not wait endlessly for Emefiele to at least tell them to accept and spend the money? Here's someone that's active and proactive but your wailing programmed self will still look for a pattern to wail with

How is he the main centre of this? Is NNPC not supposed to be a private company? So why is he the one announcing this.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by alanto: 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Poanan:

How is he the main centre of this? Is NNPC not supposed to be a private company? So why is he the one announcing this.
Who fixed the new price of petrol?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Emeka71(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Seefinish:
And what are those palliatives sir?
1 cup of rice.
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Alonso91(m): 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
Palliative?
Maybe na another country me dey Sha cuz d 1 dey do during covid sef na ear me take hear am
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Pat081: 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
Only God will save us my brother
Gboom:

If these your statistics is real, it will pure wickedness for Nigeria leaders to justify subsidy removal
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by lexy2014: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
sunboy:

Free advice, don't expect pallaites in form of hand outs. I would expect it in form on cheap and affordable transportation for the poorand something along that line. I hope Tinubu knows better to not give hand outs.

Where will you see the cheap and affordable transportation for the poor?

Does government control the transport sector?

How will it be determined who is poor and who isn't in order to benefit from the cheap transportation?
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Westerhoffe(m): 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
Desusi:

Its like cooking stones with pot on fire,then assuring hungry children to relax,there's food on fire now. For how long?

cheesy grin

Its like cooking stones with pot on fire,then assuring hungry children to relax,there's food on fire now.
grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by mariahAngel(f): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
baralatie:

This one is gmd of nnpcl
Abba kyari 🚴🚴🚴🚴

We seem to have one in every sector. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Tijani009: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
press9jatv:
Huge corruption in this plans to doled out palliatives to Nigerians. O Lord my father, help to succeed in this Tinubu era.

Somebody enlighting me pls, subsidy removal was because nigeria was buying from the international market at a very high price so the government had to reduce price for her citizens abi? Now that we are buying from a local refinary , the crude oil is gotten from nigeria and it is also refined locally in a refinary in nigeria where the nigeria government hold a percentage of shares, why is the subsidy still an issue? Which subsidy are they now removing, which cost are they adverting , why the subsidy cost someone pls explain
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by tsdarkside(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
four refineries and una are makin noise....and not even all 4 are workin well....

america has around 40 refineries....!!
and una are wonderin how this western nations are beatin una anyhow in refinin crude oil....
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by tsdarkside(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tijani009:

Somebody enlighting me pls, subsidy removal was because nigeria was buying from the international market at a very high price so the government had to reduce price for her citizens abi? Now that we are buying from a local refinary , the crude oil is gotten from nigeria and it is also refined locally in a refinary in nigeria where the nigeria government hold a percentage of shares, why is the subsidy still an issue? Which subsidy are they now removing, which cost are they adverting , why the subsidy cost someone pls explain

stop deceivin yourselves....even if all 4 refineries are workin at max capacity added dangote refinery it will still not be enough....

its just facts....am sure none of you even understand how a refinery works but always formin experts online....
most of you dont even know how much fuel the entire nigeria use daily....
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by Lobotomy02: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ordered palliatives like them dey order noodles and fried eggs ba?

Wetin Buhari do with the 800m USD loan from the WB meant to cushion the impact of subsidy removal by the way?

Oloriburuku Daura, incompetent bastar...d!
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by tsdarkside(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lobotomy02:
Ordered palliatives like them dey order noodles and fried eggs ba?

Wetin Buhari do with the 800m USD loan from the WB meant to cushion the impact of subsidy removal by the way?

Oloriburuku Daura, incompetent bastar...d!

here we go again....
Re: Tinubu Has Ordered Palliatives To Cushion Effects Of Subsidy Removal – Kyari by lexy2014: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

stop deceivin yourselves....even if all 4 refineries are workin at max capacity added dangote refinery it will still not be enough....

its just facts....am sure none of you even understand how a refinery works but always formin experts online....
most of you dont even know how much fuel the entire nigeria use daily....

The person you responded to didn't say he knows or doesn't know. He made a request: "Somebody enlighting me pls".

In your response, am not really sure what it is you are saying or what your quarrel is all about

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kingsley Moghalu Loses At His Own Polling Centre. / Protesters Attack Oyo Governor's Office / Photos From The Suicide Bomb Blasts On Maiduguri Mosque This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.