Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,093 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God (2260 Views)

The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / What Is The Usefulness Of My Foreseeing Capability? / First Fruit: Don't Let Anyone Tell You Not To Give To God In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by FRANCISTOWN: 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you're not pained then you should know that each person has the right to choose whatever he or she will do with his life whether there's a God somewhere or not. Where the problem lies is getting involved in heated arguments over what is affecting everyone, you can see how both of you have been exchanging words simply because the other person thinks there is God while you don't. undecided

For thousands of years people's attitude that's leading to what Paul told Timothy has not changed so those things aren't new.
So what is the import of Paul's message?
Christianity was just few decades old at the time Paul wrote that letter so only few people were claiming Christians and this few were being vilified day after day therefore it seems the religion will soon go extinct after the death of the apostles. But then after sometimes when people began making choices regarding religion some will come back to what is written in the Bible but this time they will choose what suits them and teachers to teach them what they want {2Timothy 4:3-4} it's that time Paul is talking about because many claiming Christians will also be part of those making life uneasy for mankind! 2Timothy 3:1-4

So Paul is saying we shouldn't associate with such religionists even though they're claiming Christians! 2Timothy 3:5 smiley
Let's leave this one first, let's talk about more interesting thing.

My goddaughter came to me today and she told me something interesting. She's about 17 years old. So she said, a member of the Jèhófà Witness are not allowed to marry outside the denomination. She said even the parents can disown such people. Please is that true?

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
I went to the filling station 3 days ago and it was a like the World War II.
Even after buying the fuel, you won't know how it'll dry up.
There are scanty vehicles moving on the streets.
Foods prices have doubled in the last 2days.
Many people are prolly going to lose their jobs because they won't be able to keep up with the T.fare.
This is the same Nigeria some people embarked on 8days of serious praying and fasting for.
Now I don't have problems with Pastor Chris who says Tinubu is a Jackal.
I don't have problems with Apst. Joshua Selman who goes like "we have fasted and pray, I want you to watch god in action".
I don't got problems with "Yes Daddy".
I don't have issues with Peter Obi or Tinubu or Atiku or Kwankwanso.
Well, our muslim brethren didn't even waste their time praying.
It's always these christian folks.
We are waiting for your God to come in action.
Now, after all the prayers, fastings, pentecostalim, charismstism and your religious mumbo jumbo.
What has your god done?
Now please tell me one usefulness of YHWH.
Please tell me one usefulness of Jesus.
Please don't take this as an insult, but if you took it as insults and you move mad. Your papa go collect.
I will always say it. religion is the main reason why so called black africa is weak. When we get abused we will justify the abuse by some sort of spiritual reason. They swear they know God then ask him why our people are poor suffering in povery and deal with so much hatred. If Israel is waiting on God, then why do they have advance military equipment and nukes. The book of God was written by men and thats the truth

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:
Your father your late grandfather and your useless god
Madman,I hail oo.E don start.BTW your papa and mama.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I'm not contradicting myself!
This is just too deep and mysterious for to those who do not understand who we are talking about when we mention the term, GOD.
Because God doesn't exist! 🤔
If he did, it wouldn't be so hard and mysterious like you called it!

2 Likes

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

When your phone or car spoil how you want take repair am without the support of the god of your phone and car?

That is why I love death, because it is a clear proof that God no repair the person.
Ogbeni, go back to all the questions I have been asking you for days and answer. Stop running and evading them.

Scared boy! 🤣

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Ogbeni, go back to all the questions I have been asking you for days and answer. Stop running and evading them.

Scared boy! 🤣
We do not reveal secrets to our enemies.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

We do not reveal secrets to our enemies.
🤣
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
ogunijebu18:

I will always say it. religion is the main reason why so called black africa is weak. When we get abused we will justify the abuse by some sort of spiritual reason. They swear they know God then ask him why our people are poor suffering in povery and deal with so much hatred. If Israel is waiting on God, then why do they have advance military equipment and nukes. The book of God was written by men and thats the truth

You people speak so stupidly. Like Africa was strong and all before those white devils came or that the white devils were not already religious when they were manufacturing things.

And as if in the white man's land, they do not live in poverty like you.

Even you talking with your nonereligiousness have not made something of yourself nor created anything. You are still swimming in poverty and living a life of bitterness. Use your irreligiousness to save yourself
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

So you mean God didn't interfere in the Holocaust because it was bound to happen?
He watched while it happened when he could have helped them. Dude, that makes him an accomplice. Will you watch a little kid raped when you could help? 🤷‍♂️

Who made it bound to happen? 🤷‍♂️

Did you not hear that He told them that they would be nearly wiped out if and when they did not walk with Him?

If you put your hands in fire, you must be burnt.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Westerhoffe(m): 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Because God doesn't exist! 🤔
If he did, it wouldn't be so hard and mysterious like you called it!

Psalms 14:1 is your reply.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Psalms 14:1 is your reply.
Shuu. Talk na! 🤷‍♂️
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Tinubucocainesn: 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Shuu. Talk na! 🤷‍♂️

Ronu addict have you started?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Let's leave this one first, let's talk about more interesting thing.

My goddaughter came to me today and she told me something interesting. She's about 17 years old. So she said, a member of the Jèhófà Witness are not allowed to marry outside the denomination. She said even the parents can disown such people. Please is that true?

YES! grin
So if you care to know the reason fine but if not no wahala! smiley
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by elated177: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2023
Francistown, you go wail tire. Open another thread and wail.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by FRANCISTOWN: 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES! grin
So if you care to know the reason fine but if not no wahala! smiley
Yea I wanna hear
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by FRANCISTOWN: 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
elated177:
Francistown, you go wail tire. Open another thread and wail.
You no worth my response

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:16am On Jun 03, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Yea I wanna hear
When talking about faith in God most people just feel it's a thing of choice so they can pick any religion that suits them the same applies to partner in marriage but our God warned us not to think like that. 1 Corinthians 7:39; Deuteronomy 7:3-4
But why did our God insisted we must marry only within those worshiping Him?
I won't like to go too far so i will pick from what you've seen so far on this forum.
From your experience during discussion with religionists on this forum do you think it's wise to become an in-law to people whose thoughts makes no practical sense?
Well marriage is a lifetime commitment so you dare not form marriage alliance with people whose thoughts aren't humanely when you have people around you whose thinking faculty tally with yours, in that case you will be rest assured that your son or daughter is in safe hands.
That's wisdom which totally differs from intelligence. Most people are intelligent but they're not wise.
Knowledge is the accumulation of useful information so with knowledge you can deal with situations and find a way (if possible) out of difficulty but Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information which results in lasting benefits. So wise people always envisage problems that may arise when others can see it coming! Proverbs 22:3
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by FRANCISTOWN: 5:50am On Jun 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When talking about faith in God most people just feel it's a thing of choice so they can pick any religion that suits them the same applies to partner in marriage but our God warned us not to think like that. 1 Corinthians 7:39; Deuteronomy 7:3-4
But why did our God insisted we must marry only within those worshiping Him?
I won't like to go too far so i will pick from what you've seen so far on this forum.
From your experience during discussion with religionists on this forum do you think it's wise to become an in-law to people whose thoughts makes no practical sense?
Well marriage is a lifetime commitment so you dare not form marriage alliance with people whose thoughts aren't humanely when you have people around you whose thinking faculty tally with yours, in that case you will be rest assured that your son or daughter is in safe hands.
That's wisdom which totally differs from intelligence. Most people are intelligent but they're not wise.
Knowledge is the accumulation of useful information so with knowledge you can deal with situations and find a way (if possible) out of difficulty but Wisdom is the practical application of accumulated information which results in lasting benefits. So wise people always envisage problems that may arise when others can see it coming! Proverbs 22:3

Thanks for this response.
The lady told me that there
was some random dude that
her elder sister loved so
much, but they had to split
due to that reason.

Lemme ask you, do you think
other christian denominations
are getting it wrong and that
guys are the only ones getting
it right?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Thanks for this response.
The lady told me that there
was some random dude that
her elder sister loved so
much, but they had to split
due to that reason.

Lemme ask you, do you think
other christian denominations
are getting it wrong and that
guys are the only ones getting
it right?

Before i answer your question let me digress a bit.
With the response you've been getting so far from all these religionists on Nairaland which truly goes in line with Jesus' command to his disciples?

"Bless those cursing you, to pray for those who are insulting you" Luke 6:28

Christians are supposed to be happy people due to the good good things we have at heart and that supposed to determine how we response to unbelievers not getting overly annoyed with abusive speeches those doing that have nothing good in their hearts:

"A good man brings good out of the good treasure of his heart, but a wicked man brings what is wicked out of his wicked treasure; for out of the heart’s abundance his mouth speaks." Luke 6:45

Let me blow your mind!

Do you know that of all the religions claiming Christians only Jehovah's Witnesses are against killing our neighbours in support of politics? Mark 12:31

All others are easily brainwashed by politicians who keeps their own wives and children away from the warzone but issue orders to their subjects to go and kill or get killed! Matthew 26:52

Due to this fact Vladimir Putin of Russia noticed that Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching and teaching about peace and this will not help him to get his people ready for war so in 2017 he banned Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia calling us "TERRORISTS" few years later he began launching a war against Ukraine. But what baffles me is that this man took his own families far away from Russia then ordered Russians to go killing Ukrainians who are speaking the same language and guess what? Most of these people are claiming Christians!

Oh YES! We are the one and only group getting it right! smiley
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by LordReed(m): 8:49am On Jun 03, 2023
kunlesehan:
In His infinite mercies God permits the atheist to live.
There's a God Almighty whether you believe it or not.

So what is the point of belief?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by LordReed(m): 8:54am On Jun 03, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

When your phone or car spoil how you want take repair am without the support of the god of your phone and car?

That is why I love death, because it is a clear proof that God no repair the person.

And when you die what does that indicate, that your god has abandoned you?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by elated177: 10:04am On Jun 03, 2023
Job 35: 12 He does not answer when people cry out
    because of the arrogance of the wicked.
13 Indeed, God does not listen to their empty plea;
    the Almighty pays no attention to it.
14 How much less, then, will he listen
    when you say that you do not see him,
that your case is before him
    and you must wait for him,
15 and further, that his anger never punishes
    and he does not take the least notice of wickedness.

YHVH Almighty, the Creator of the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them, the one and only true God, has not finished revealing his awesomeness to those who walk humbly before him and seek him with all their hearts, all their minds, all their souls and all their strength, is it an arrogant fool that will get his attention?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:06am On Jun 03, 2023
LordReed:

And when you die what does that indicate, that your god has abandoned you?

We all know abandonment and abandonment usually takes place long before death as many people have already experienced and so confessed.

Thus, when I die, it is for me to receive the new and upgraded version of me, even to be put in a shiny new heaven and earth.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Just One Usefulness Of God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:14am On Jun 03, 2023
LordReed:

So what is the point of belief?

1. To live better and sweeter than others.

2. To enjoy the sweet sweet living which God planned to give us.

3. Not to be counted among those creations which have been marked "transmit to burn unit for destruction"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whats Your Opinion About Jesus, The Christian God / Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer / Cardinal Francis Arinze Secretly Blast Pope Francis Liberalism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.