Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) (30256 Views)

How Subsidy Removal Triggered Coup D'etat In Niger Republic. / How 5 DSS Helped Me Kidnapped My Customer - Suspect / Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Supporting One Nigeria And Northerners In 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by m140(m): 10:27am On Jun 02, 2023
ShaqFu:
Hmmm. This is exactly what I've been saying, government needs to be blamed. Everything we see, hear that these marketers and criminals do, is the fault of the government. Why is it their fault, because they fail to act.

I blame them because they created this in order to help themselves benefit from the chasm created because of their ineffectiveness and ineptitude.

Okonjo Iweala's mother was kidnapped because she refused to pay fraudulent subsidy claims, did the government bother to find out who and who kidnapped her mother? Irrespective of the fact they have many leads to follow?

This is very simple and easy. The companies making those bogus and fraudulent subsidy claims, should have been investigated by the Police because they are the ones likely to kidnap her mother, since one of the kidnappers told Iweala's mother they kidnapped her because her daughter refuse to pay their fraudulent subsidy money. So the prudent thing to do here is to investigate the owners of those companies, trace there whereabouts, tap their phone lines etc...

This is the same thing we hear everyday, government complaining about people smuggling fuel out of the country, yet they haven't been able to parade anybody caught for doing this.

The people who mount and protect our borders, (Customs) nobody have been sacked for failing to do their job.

You even have to ask yourself why Okonjo Iweala didn't take her findings to the EFCC. Any manner of fraud is a crime, so I wonder why she didn't involve the EFCC by showing them her findings, let the EFCC arrest the owners of those companies making fraudulent subsidy claims and prosecute them.

This would have been what is obtainable in many western states, but not in Nigeria where excuses are the other of the day. What a shame.
Simple and easy... On NL na
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by victorsola: 10:27am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Those cabals must be Tinubu and his cohorts. No sane govt removes subsidy without building or fixing up the country's refineries.

To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang, how much una dey buy fuel now?
E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Fools everywhere! By the time the okpolor eye is done with you Yollubas, Una eyes go clear
welll we Dey see money buy am . And business dey go on fine
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

A country of over 250million people relies on a single company to produce and distribute petrol around the country? Is this a joke?

Dude don't you have sense? This is why Obi is the best. Obi said building and fixing up the 3 govt owned refineries first is the most important thing to do before removing fuel subsidy. And not relying solely on dangote refinery. If this is how Tinubu intends to govern then Yollubas are in for a long ride.
Obi is a profound eeeediot. Govt should have no business running refineries. Nigeria (Yar Aduagba) made a mistake reversing OBJ’s privatization of our refineries in 2007.
Now you want an Obi who would have come to sink us deeper in the whole refinery quagmire.
Indeed with Obi Nigeria dodged a bullet.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by m140(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Danisaint112:

No sane person will oppose subsidy removal. But before you make such announcement you ought to measures in place curtail the ugly situation to arise.

Tinubu has always been know for making reckless and careless statement. He whole campaign irks of it. We warned/told them to choose a president that is accessible but they refused.

Well Peter Obi will surely use Tinubu tenure mistakes
to prepare him self well.
Calm down
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by m140(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:
The subsidy cabal is powerful because they are involved in a roundtrip, but that doesn't mean that all Nigerians don't enjoy subsidy too.

It's unfortunate we are removing subsidy without having functional refineries.

Saying that the price of PMS will come down due to competition among importers is like saying that the price of iPhone will come down due to competition.
Dangote refinery go work.. Which kind wahala be this
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Akharmony: 10:29am On Jun 02, 2023
Honestly this is where The President needs our full cooperation as Nigerians. If truly the his government is willing to fight this corruption accriss board. .I believe Where there is a will there's a way.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Reference(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2023
Ma'am. For you and all those before and after you.

You pay them, there are accounts where your money goes.
You are not doing dead drops of suitcases full of diamonds as subsidy payments in the bush.
You say you hate paying them because of the massive fraud.

Now you say they kidnapped and tortured your mum, and did this and that.
Yet for over thirty years we don't know who these people are.
People we all claim to dislike, both citizens and government.

So who the hell are these people. Our common enemies that have caused us so much pain individually and collectively as a nation.
Are they some kind of alien race from Neptune or what.....
Some sort of Men in Black of unknown origin.

I just don't get it.
If this thing has been one grand heist since 1992
How come it simply cannot be identified and stopped.
Or at the very least the perpetrators revealed.

Ma'am how can you say this.
These are people YOU KNOW. Why can't you simply name them.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by m140(m): 10:30am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

A country of over 250million people relies on a single company to produce and distribute petrol around the country? Is this a joke?

Dude don't you have sense? This is why Obi is the best. Obi said building and fixing up the 3 govt owned refineries first is the most important thing to do before removing fuel subsidy. And not relying solely on dangote refinery. If this is how Tinubu intends to govern then Yollubas are in for a long ride.
If Obi had done it this way you won't be saying this... I know your type
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Aguiyimba(m): 10:32am On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
This time around, President Tinubu will deal with the heartless oil cabals..........All those free money will stop.........They can all go to hell for all i care.

Dey play
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Showpatos: 10:32am On Jun 02, 2023
Why are u deceiving ursef.....who is fighting back?.........who are they fighting?.....All this are lies to make u think subsidy removal is good for Nigerians
jullary:
They will surely fight back, and some mumu Nigerians will follow them thinking they are fighting for us.
Bye bye to subsidy era, surely it's not easy, but no pain no gain.
Before u start calling me batified I be confirmed obidient.
always says the truth and let devil be ashamed.
Thank u
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by IntelligentGoat: 10:33am On Jun 02, 2023
cool
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Oil subsidy is Gone.
Now I understand the true meaning of Emi lokan
Jagaban! Na man you be kiss
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Showpatos: 10:33am On Jun 02, 2023
Make dat guy dey play nah......who are the oil cabal?.....except u want the president to deal with himsef
Aguiyimba:

Dey play
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by MrDoGood(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Hmmmmm

All i could do was take a deep breath!

There's more to government than what we're typing on social media
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Showpatos: 10:37am On Jun 02, 2023
Ask his predecessor ..... corruption kor concoction ni
Akharmony:
Honestly this is where The President needs our full cooperation as Nigerians. If truly the his government is willing to fight this corruption accriss board. .I believe Where there is a will there's a way.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Showpatos: 10:39am On Jun 02, 2023
There is nothing more to government.....Nigeria polithiefician just sees it as a common business .... business asual
MrDoGood:
Hmmmmm

All i could do was take a deep breath!

There's more to government than what we're typing on social media
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by DucksWorth: 10:40am On Jun 02, 2023
Ok
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Reference(m): 10:41am On Jun 02, 2023
ShaqFu:
Hmmm. This is exactly what I've been saying, government needs to be blamed. Everything we see, hear that these marketers and criminals do, is the fault of the government. Why is it their fault, because they fail to act.

I blame them because they created this in order to help themselves benefit from the chasm created because of their ineffectiveness and ineptitude.

Okonjo Iweala's mother was kidnapped because she refused to pay fraudulent subsidy claims, did the government bother to find out who and who kidnapped her mother? Irrespective of the fact they have many leads to follow?

This is very simple and easy. The companies making those bogus and fraudulent subsidy claims, should have been investigated by the Police because they are the ones likely to kidnap her mother, since one of the kidnappers told Iweala's mother they kidnapped her because her daughter refuse to pay their fraudulent subsidy money. So the prudent thing to do here is to investigate the owners of those companies, trace there whereabouts, tap their phone lines etc...

This is the same thing we hear everyday, government complaining about people smuggling fuel out of the country, yet they haven't been able to parade anybody caught for doing this.

The people who mount and protect our borders, (Customs) nobody have been sacked for failing to do their job.

You even have to ask yourself why Okonjo Iweala didn't take her findings to the EFCC. Any manner of fraud is a crime, so I wonder why she didn't involve the EFCC by showing them her findings, let the EFCC arrest the owners of those companies making fraudulent subsidy claims and prosecute them.

This would have been what is obtainable in many western states, but not in Nigeria where excuses are the other of the day. What a shame.

She knows who kidnapped her mother.
She knows who she vexed, perhaps did not pay or agree with to 'cookbook'.
It is not a question of business name.
Business names do not attend interviews, submit proposals or invoices, people do.
Let us get serious in Nigeria.
Companies may be prosecuted but it is individuals that go to jail.
And except there is a larger conspiracy, and except she too has committed a felony in cahoots warranting blackmail, there is no reason why she cannot name names and seek redress even on a personal level.
Trillions of naira have gone somewhere. She knows where.
Someone, some people, somewhere are sitting on those ill-gotten monies as we speak. She knows them.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Popeonah(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
This time around, President Tinubu will deal with the heartless oil cabals..........All those free money will stop.........They can all go to hell for all i care.
You talk like as if you brain did not tell you he is one of them.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by plentyz: 10:45am On Jun 02, 2023
You need a medical check up with these statement
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Those cabals must be Tinubu and his cohorts. No sane govt removes subsidy without building or fixing up the country's refineries.

To those "this govt will favour me and my family" gang, how much una dey buy fuel now?
E dey favour una abi e no dey favour una? Fools everywhere! By the time the okpolor eye is done with you Yollubas, Una eyes go clear
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Akharmony: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2023
Showpatos:
Ask his predecessor ..... corruption kor concoction ni
You are not my type, find your people and b llaying with your destiny
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by AmazingELixir: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2023
jullary:
They will surely fight back, and some mumu Nigerians will follow them thinking they are fighting for us.
Thank u

Nobody cares where you belong...you're so so inconsequential in the scheme of things
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Ahmeduana(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
Because it takes a criminal to know a criminal undecided
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by Cantonese: 10:52am On Jun 02, 2023
Dsalvo:

Objective conclusion not relevant here. The previous Government made no budgetary allocation for fuel subsidy payment. That is the true state of affairs Tinubu announced truthfully.

If Nigerians are progressive, the next step is to lobby the current government to ensure the extreme sufferings of Nigerians, over fuel subsidy removal, is alleviated asap but they should still partner with Mr,President to insist fuel subsidy is gone and must remain gone.

Oga please stop playing the ostrich here.

“ Dangote refinery is now operational and has the capacity to deal with Nigeria's domestic daily demand for PMS with enough to spare for sale abroad”. Those are your words.

1. How are you not aware that Dangote refinery has not started refining of petroleum products? Are we not creating a monopoly already with Dangote? Dangote promised to commence refining in July. With Dangote’s issues of loans and banks/finance, how do you think his date is assured?

2. We heard yesterday from Mele Kyari that Tinubu intends to get at least one national refinery working by the end of this year. How is it that in eight years, having promised Nigerians that refineries would work, Buhari did not achieve it?

3. How is it that Buhari claimed that subsidy was scam and he operated it for eight years?

4. How is it that Tinubu and Buhari led the protests against the removal of subsidy by GEJ in 2014?

5. Having supported Tinubu and Buhari to stop subsidy removal in 2014, how is it that you now agree that subsidy should end? What changed?

6. How is it that in 8 years, with APC in the driving seat, none of the refineries worked after spending several trillions?

The previous government made provision for palliatives and Tinubu intends to continue with that. If the 4 million Nigerians to be covered, how are we sure that the “poor”, in that sense would get the stipends? How are we sure, in the corrupt laden country, that the funds are not intended for party members only? By the way, how is it that of over 200 million Nigerians, only 4 million are targeted for the so called palliatives?

Can you respond to some or all of the above without bias?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by femmy2010(m): 10:59am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Those government-owned refineries can never work optimally. It should be SOLD ASAP to those that can optimize it.
Sell the Ajaokuta steel rolling mill and see it roar to life.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by SenatePresdo(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2023
jullary:
Thank u

The problem is not the subsidy, but they will re-loot the money again.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:
And these subsidy cabals are the people most Nigerians support by calling for retention of subsidy.

Ok o.

Well, subsidy has gone. It should have gone in 2012...even in 1993.

But because cheap fuel is too sweet.

Things cost money.
even uk pay subsidy. Do you even know what is subsidy?
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2023
jullary:
Thank u
no pain no gain. Most of you dont have family of your own. Still living with parents.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2023
Dsalvo:

Dangote refinery is now operational and has the capacity to deal with Nigeria's domestic daily demand for PMS with enough to spare for sale abroad.

Why then do you ignorantly suggest removal of subsidy has to be irrevocably tied to "fixing up the country's refineries"? Can you answer that question to show you are an objective and progressive Nigerian since your statement below indicates you are anything but those things?

have you bought any litre from the refinery?
How many free buses are on the road?
Is the electricity issue fixed
Do you know inflation will drive many nigerians to the edge?
Where is sure p today. Una never see anything.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by extol1(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2023
The foreigners are part of the cabal, because they would be on the lost
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by nairalanda1(m): 11:13am On Jun 02, 2023
jesmond3945:
even uk pay subsidy. Do you even know what is subsidy?

Do you?

Looks like you do not know what subsidy is in the Nigerian context.
Re: How Subsidy Cabal Kidnapped My Mother In 2012 - Okonjo-Iweala (Throwback) by jesmond3945: 11:14am On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

When my eyes were opened to how subsidy was damaging in 2011, people dey call me GEJ supporter. Me wey no dey support GEJ...is GEJ supporter.

Now I am an APC supporter, me wey no vote for Buhari because he was old, or for Tinubu self....is now an APC supporter. LOL.

People have to be realistic. Subsidy costs are rising largely because we consume more and more petrol. At the end, we have been for years taking money from other parts of the budget to fund subsidy, and borrowing to cover up the resulting deficit.

At some point we can';t keep it up.
We consume petrol more because that petrol is our live wire. Thats petrol generates electricity, provides borehole water, fuels our car, is used in the industry, used in the hispital. Fix electeicity, people will jump up when you remove subsidy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Whistle-blower Exposes N8.4b Fake Bank Account / Senate Committee Visits Masters Energy Industrial City Abia State (Photos) / Cocaine Trafficking: Abba Kyari Faces Life Imprisonment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.