Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi (11556 Views)

Photos Of Kayode Fayemi With His Wife At Isan Ekiti Casting Their Vote / Kayode Fayemi Wears Bullet Proof Vest Under His Buba For Campaign. Photos / Kayode Fayemi Bows To Greet Tinubu In Aso Rock (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by AngelGabbyShara(m): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2023
The immediate past Governor of Ekiti State and former Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has refuted the claim that he is under probe by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission over an alleged N4bn fraud.

Fayemi, in a statement on Friday by the Head of the Fayemi Media Office, Abuja, Mallam Ahmad Sajoh, said during his visit to the EFCC, “no such allegation was raised during his conversation” with officials of the anti-graft agency.

The statement, however, noted that all Fayemi did during the conversation with the officials of the EFCC in Ilorin, Kwara State, was respond to a frivolous petition from a group that was trying to soil his good name and image.

The statement read, “We would like to address the concerns surrounding the invitation and subsequent visit of Dr Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past governor of Ekiti State and former Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, to the Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

“Last month, Dr Fayemi received an invitation from the Ilorin office of the EFCC regarding a money laundering petition against him. It was during the height of the preparations for the change of government, with many activities and programmes lined up as part of the event.

“A key member of the APC, Dr Fayemi was already committed to playing important roles at these events and his non-appearance would have impacted them significantly. Understanding the significance of his commitments at that time, Dr Fayemi duly notified the EFCC of his willingness to cooperate but requested a more suitable date for his appearance.”

The statement said, Fayemi, on Thursday, accompanied by his counsel, visited the EFCC office in Ilorin, and engaged in fruitful discussions with the investigators before being allowed to depart after a few hours.

It added, “We firmly believe that Dr Fayemi’s visit has provided answers to the agency’s inquiries regarding the petition. However, should there be a need for further clarification, Dr Fayemi stands ready to cooperate fully.

“We wish to note, too, that contrary to the news that made the rounds about a purported N4b fraud case against Dr Fayemi, no such allegation was raised in his conversation with the EFCC.

“All he did was respond to a frivolous petition from a faceless group, the so-called Ekiti Patriotic Coalition, which we strongly believed is a front for some anti-Fayemi politicians, who are trying to soil the former governor’s good name and image.”

The statement said throughout Fayemi’s tenure, he served the people of Ekiti State with utmost dedication and was renowned for his principled leadership.

“As governor, he consistently demonstrated a profound commitment to the welfare of the citizens, driving notable advancements in infrastructure development and attracting valuable investment opportunities to the state.

“We affirm that Dr Fayemi will continue to uphold the highest standards of integrity that he’s known for, and we trust that the truth will prevail in due course,” the statement said

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid084vCsanryC5P3DZ1BBa567BpmYHL3yuJDuz7EEeprTNgDGXAuQywAEq4wPJ3qL8sl&id=100000223680706&mibextid=Nif5oz

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by NwaNimo1(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2023
He must vomit the loot he swallowed......

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Ismael97(m): 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Are you sure, fayemi?

How about the public funds you siphoned while in office? Have u accounted for the monies?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Kubin: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
meanwhile court just convicted a man that defrauded a while woman 200 dollars

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Penguin2: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Corrupt idiot!

Nobody can be like Peter Obi.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by TsbAfrica: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na Dem dem ... 4b Omo how greedy can a human be? Person wey no body go remember in another 200 years ? Not even his generation will remember .. so why the extraordinary greed in the heart of the black man?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by atobs4real(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
What ever.
Face your problem

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by simfrost90210: 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
🤔😅 was i there with you?
How will i know if you're lying or not?

Shamelessly Shameless N4b Ole!!!🤪

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by opalu: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ok
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Yankiss(m): 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Well, you do not condemn an innocent man. I strongly believe that if he was grilled over a N4b fraud the agency would themselves make it plain. It is not good to regard every office holder as a looter. I am not exonerating him either. Proven cases of fraud is what will make me call anyone names.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by ican2020: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
cry
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Dialpad: 7:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Who do we believe

1 Like

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Voare: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
I
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by abobote: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
One of the few people I like in APC
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by bluefilm: 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Who cares?

Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by AngelicBeing: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
NwaNimo1:
He must vomit the loot he swallowed......

tongue
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Femisol(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Every rumor has eventually come out to be true since the 29th of May

He has to debunk this openly because of his Ministerial ambitions

1 Like

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by BrickDevo: 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wasted
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Alliswell248: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Penguin2:
Corrupt idiot!

Keep deceiving yourself.
The same Peter Obi whose aide was caught with 250m naira cash.

I can't be deceived.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by wunmi590(m): 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2023

As you have cast your self now, you will soon be invited by the EFCC to answer to some questions tongue
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by freemanq(m): 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
So you went to pray for them Abi? Contunu

1 Like

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Praktikal100000: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
grin
Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Segzy19: 8:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
You mean, Saint Obi your saviour?

Oshi radarada! Ibere were!

Penguin2:
Corrupt idiot!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Did Not Question Me Over A ₦‎4 Billion Fraud - Kayode Fayemi by Boyooosa(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
What was the frivolous petition?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPP Crisis Worsens As Kwankwaso-backed Faction Expels BoT Chair, Others / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over / Samsung Opens New Academy In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.