Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation (21146 Views)

Where is Akeredolu?: Police, DSS Seal Ondo PDP Secretariat, Prevent Protest / 2019 Election Server: INEC Denies Resignation Of ICT Director / 2019: Alhassan Denies Resignation, Vows To Back Buhari For Second Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by nairalandkachy1: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
There is palpable tension at the Ondo State House of Assembly complex in Alagbaka as armed policemen have taken over the State House of Assembly, amid the final plenary sitting by lawmakers of the 9th Assembly. The entrances leading to the assembly complex were cordoned off with police vehicles.

This may not be unconnected to the alleged resignation of Bamidele David as Speaker of the Ondo Assembly.

The letter was dated June 01, 2023.

RESIGNATION AS SPEAKER, ONDO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY

1. Please permit me to inform you that I, Rt. Hon. Oleyelogun, Bamidele David ceases to function as Speaker of the Ondo State House of Assembly. This follows my decision to resign from the position with effect from today.

2. As you are aware, this Honourable House has always discharged its constitutional obligations as one indivisible family. That was the spirit that propped me to the exalted position as Speaker. It is in light of that
same spirit that I resign from the position.

3. May I use this medium to express my appreciation to ail my colleagues who have been wonderful partners in progress. I must say I enjoyed their enviable and uncommon support for the period I held sway as Speaker, Ondo State House of Assembly. I will extend same level of support and loyalty to whoever succeeds me as Speaker of this Honourable House.

Thanks and.please, accept the assurances of my highest regards.

Rt. Hon. Oloyelegun, Bamidele David

However, the Speaker has debunked same.
I REMAIN SPEAKER OF THE ONDO STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY _OLEYELOGUN

This is to notify the general public that,I Rt Hon Oleyelogun Bamidele David did not resign my position as the Speaker of the House.

The purported letter of resignation which is in circulation is the handiwork of the fifth Columists who are bent on throwing Ondo State into anarchy, particularly the House of Assembly.

The purported resignation is no doubt the the figment of the imagination of the peddlers of such heinous act as l did not contemplate or discussed such move with any member of the Assembly or family members.Let me tell members of the public that the purported letter of resignation did not emanate from me as it was forged by purveyors of such letter.
The Clerk of the House,Mr.Benjamin Jaiyeola (ESQ)has informed me that he did not receive any letter of resignation which has given credence to the fact that the faceless writer is not informed of the process through which such weighty exercise can take.I have not informed the Executive Arm of Government of such resignation and I urge my Honourable Colleagues, Staffers of the House of Assembly, Members of my Constituency to disregard the letter in its entirety and also urge the Security Agencies to investigate this false and malicious letter that has emanated from the enemies who are working against the existing peace in the State.

Signed
Rt.Hon.Oleyelogun Bamidele David
Speaker,Ondo State House of Assembly.

The 9th Ondo State House of Assembly is expected to hold its valedictory sitting today, ushering in the Inauguration of the 10th Assembly on June 03, 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tooh, as Aketi no dey !

8 Likes

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by triple996(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
When there is no leader(governor) everywhere scatter grin grin grin.....

those people begging tinubu to release kanu are MAD, release him so that he can jump bail and create another version of ESN (unknown gunmen)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by TOYNEX(f): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ai si n'ile ologini

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Felix6: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
U
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Sunshine34(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Confusion everywhere as landlord no dey house. Black man can never resign, they prefers to be sacked than resign honourably.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by OluwaBlessyn: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2023
Everybody just Dey flex dia muscles anyhow nowadays

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Kingosytex(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
9ja na real comedy zone I swear.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by gigabyte13: 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Governor don go vegetative
The remaining people wey supposed dey act in his place are busy behaving like goats....
I just dey pity who carry this polithiefcians matter for head.......

3 Likes

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na so

Dem wan pass back door impeach Akeredolu
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 2:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
grin grin

Wahala everywhere.....

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by michresakidjo(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
The absence of the pussycat gives rats 🐁🐀🐀🐁 the confidence to walk .

10 Likes

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by millionboi2: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Politics

2 Likes

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by seunny4lif(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Aketi grin
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Chijeep(m): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Since may29 wey bulaba enter we just they receive bad news from different places on politics
cry cry

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
i no understand cone headed structures people again
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
He fell out with the Governor I guess.
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by pandoragirigory: 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
fft
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Sisora(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2023
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by sofeo(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2023
Alright now.
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by dayleke: 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dem never hear am....

Dem go hear am soon....
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by NaijaCover(m): 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cha E
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Akfrenzy(m): 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
grin
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Leboc799: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
smiley
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Mrfksb1(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2023
Afonjas
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by Kruisser(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hmmm this is serious
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by FireUpNow(m): 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na their wahala
Re: Confusion As Police seal Ondo Assembly complex, Speaker Denies Resignation by ebioloye: 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ha! make them no impeached aketi oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flooding In Plateau State As A Result Of Heavy Downpour (Photos) / Withdraw Wike From Governorship Race, Elders Tell PDP, Jonathan / Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.