Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React (91797 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Nigerians Cries Out / Northern Elders Bemoan Insecurity, Ask Buhari To Resign / North-East Govs Bemoan Inability To Try Boko Haram Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by OldBeer: 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Citizens of Benin Republic are right now taking to the streets of Twitter to bemoan the removal of fuel subsidy in Nigeria. With some hoping for the removal of President Tinubu.

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by OldBeer: 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Continued

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by OldBeer: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
Nigerians weigh in grin

Mynd44, nlfpmod, dominique, Seun

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
At the end, we can't be subsidizing the whole of West Africa.

516 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by BTCJagaban: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
In Benin republic, people only buy smuggled petroleum products from Nigeria. The fuel in their filling stations are not subsidized hence, they result to buying subsidized products which smugglers smuggle from Nigeria. They display this product by road side and they do it openly.

I think Benin republic government are great beneficiary of this subsidy removal. It will eradicate selling of petroleum products by road side.

Nigeria should get ready for influx of Africans into Nigeria. Subsidy removal in Nigeria won’t affect Nigeria only. It goes beyond.

521 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Patriotsleague: 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
Nigeria has been carrying their burdens.

344 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by DOptical: 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Imagine. Nigeria using huge funds to subsidise fuel for the whole Africa nation while Nigeria masses themselves bear the brunt of it all.

334 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
I knew that they will come out with this propaganda

We are waiting for Niger, Togo, Chad and Cameroon

All to justify this thoughtless decision by Tinubu

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers

251 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by WhatIf: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
If this news is true, that means it is a good development for Nigeria Economy to strife positively.

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fuel in Benin is N489 right now.

And right now, fuel in Nigeria is N488-540 per liter.

At the end of the day, smugglers cannot make a profit at all. Removing subsidy has made it difficult for anyone to smuggle fuel across the border.

And people ask me why I say subsidy must go...well here is one good reason. grin

Modified

If fuel was still N195, and I was living on the border, I can buy fuel into two 50l jerrycans, at N19500, cross the broder and sell it at dobule the price, and earn a cool N40000. Note that it was not only big cabals involved in the smuggling...it was also small poor boys and gals too.

402 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by EcoBrick: 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
No more Osho free. La free fuel, la end. C'est fini.

331 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by sonature1: 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
All I know is that Nigerians don't take this country seriously. There's no way Benin Republic will be enjoying our subsidy without Nigerian customs and other border patrol agencies getting their share of the largasse.

260 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Oga, this is not propaganda.

It has been going on for years. That is how we keep losing money

And the same thing happens in Venezuela.....

Look, I know Tinubu and company are not the best we can do for this country...but this part is not propaganda. There are articles and papers and diagrams online that detail the extent of the smuggling problem.

Or have you forgotten the brave Customs officer who exposed what was going on?

Removal of subsidy has ended the cheating that some marketers were doing. Make them work hard for their money.

355 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by oyebanji44: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
I cant just believe this...nawaoo

Nigerians are ready to destroy this country if an opportunity is given to them... grin

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 02, 2023
sonature1:
All I know is that Nigerians don't take this country seriously. There's no way Benin Republic will be enjoying our subsidy without Nigerian customs and other border patrol agencies getting their share of the largasse.

Yeah, because the profit margin from smuggling fuel...I could earn enough if I was a smuggler, pay off the customs and excise people and still come home with a ton of money.

Plus, here is a cold truth,...customs men and women cannot be everywhere. Unless we built the equivalent of the Berlin Wall around our country and manned it with over 3 million soldiers, we won't stop this nonsense.

At least that loophole is closed for now.

The same thing happens in Venezuela. Fuel is less than N10, meanwhile in its neighbours it is above N500. Result...Venezuela loses 18 BILLION dollars annually to smuggling.

It's like osmosis...area of high concentration and all that.

194 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by slawomir: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bobloco: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Oga, this is not propaganda.

It has been going on for years. That is how we keep losing money

And the same thing happens in Venezuela.....

Look, I know Tinubu and company are not the best we can do for this country...but this part is not propaganda. There are articles and papers and diagrams online that detail the extent of the smuggling problem.

Or have you forgotten the brave Customs officer who exposed what was going on?

Removal of subsidy has ended the cheating that some marketers were doing. Make them work hard for their money.

This is pure propaganda

How is these products finding their way to those countries. No one have been sacked for not doing his job in securing our borders or arrested by the security agencies for smuggling

Instead of tackling the issues, they keep running around

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by zinaunreal(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Dependants grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ednut1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Same with Togo, Cameroon, Niger and Chad

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by ChiefOloye(m): 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hmmmmm, the shit was deeper than envisaged.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by FOOTSOLDIER1: 2:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
Hahhahahahs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Fuel subsidy eaters have been feeding fact on Nigeria common wealth, they have caused serious damages to common man on the street by sitting tight on resources that should benefit us all.

Subsidy should go and government should channel it proceeds appropriately to make our Country better for all and sundry.

Another serious menace is the activities of Bureau De change

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by MrAgbako: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wahala. Nigeria the giant of Africa don cough o

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by AmazingELixir: 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
lipsrsealed

Fake News.

Tinubu social media miscreants are at over drive to justify the badly executed subsidy removal.

I wonder who they want to curry favour from...certainly not people like myself.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Wahala dey everwhere

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by HacheNoire: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers

Its not a must you comment.

That has been the order of the day for decades.

Do your research before you comment

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Image123(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
LoLz

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nafisu: 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
my time there, I didn't even know they had fuel stations, almost everyone bought from roadside.fuel everyone knew where it came from.

93 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH / Ganduje Dollar Video Played On Edo Biggest Roundabout Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.