Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies (30625 Views)

Texas House Of Reps Calls On Supreme Court To Order Kanu's Unconditional Release / Why Tinubu Must Restore Fuel Subsidies Now - Farooq A. Kperogi / How Buhari Spent N8trn On ‘non-existent’ Petrol Subsidies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by JeffreyJunior: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
richidinho:
Nigerians call for outright removal of sitting allowance, newspaper allowance, entertainment allowance and all other benefits of all the house members

Nonsense and ingredients, i dont blame una...

I blame the idiots that are supporting this anti people's policy

Touch what benefits them and watch how they will react
For the past 8years of Buhari, they never called for this, why?

They were busy supporting Buhari in all his policies and for once, they never called on him to remove subsidy on all petroleum products.

Are they doing the right thing now or just proving to be sycophants?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Chimex82: 8:26pm On Jun 02, 2023
Femi falana said subsidy is a symptom of failure of the federal government. Nigeria is the only oil producing country that imports petroleum products. What a Shame.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by olisefom: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
BloomingDale:

They were borrowing to fund the subsidy.

Nigerians should see beyond party affiliations and accept this policy.
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by OAFMods: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
Die now
Ismael97:

I understand all that. But Nigerians are suffering. We are suffering. I'm dying
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Menclothing: 8:27pm On Jun 02, 2023
How many nation of the world pay for subsidies
Obi call it organized crime

Buhari was busy borrowing to pay subsidies oil cabal where buying private jet

Smugglers where buying houses selling subsidized fuel to neighboring countries if you like support subsidies

Nigeria is currently bankrupt no nation is ready to borrow us money again
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Donbabaj: 8:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Abagworo:
If this subsidy removal is reversed then Tinubu is bound to fail and Nigerian economy will be almost useless.

You are saying this because you can afford basic living. Some people can afford to eat once a day because cost of living is currently on a high side. Subsidy removal or not, I know I'm an average salary earner and can afford it but think about your neighbors.

#Say_no_to_outright_subsidy_removal_without_first_putting_palatives

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Donbabaj: 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Donbabaj:

You are saying this because you can afford basic living. Some people can't afford to eat once a day because cost of living is currently on a high side. Subsidy removal or not, I know I'm an average salary earner and can afford it but think about your neighbors.

#Say_no_to_outright_subsidy_removal_without_first_putting_palatives
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by ghiloman28(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
Subsidy must go . No pain no gain

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by flokii: 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
I've been thinking of solar powered buses to go together with CNG & Autogas powered vehicles and electric vehicles... Nigerians should embrace bicycles too.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Elsueno: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Honestly, I want to complain about this subsidy ish but when I remember how these corrupt people on top are enjoying the subsidy money & almost half of the fuel gets smuggle out to our neighbors I feel better about it being gone

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Elsueno: 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bodexinvest:
How can these people not have the slightest idea on how to solve problems? Nothing at all. Issue more license to private investors to build more refineries and give all the necessary support to operate, then no need for that word SUBSIDY. I know Dangote refinery has the capacity but allow 5 other companies to come in that way their will be no monopoly and then we are good to go.

Alot of private Investors get the licences since even Buhari came on board 🤷
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by frank317: 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Very good move.Those fiercely opposed to the subsidy removal,are benefiting from it.But the president must not be swayed by them but stand firmly like a rock on the decision.
Nigeria must be better.
What are u benefiting from the removal of subsidy?
U should benefit something before standing for it?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Brushstrokes20: 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
Àwon ole, jegudu jera gbogbo!

Nigeria urgently needs to do away with BI CAMERAL legislature! undecided It's damn too bogus and expensive undecided

Infact both houses should be scraped asap! ENOUGH OF NONSENSE!

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by tesppidd: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
No subsidy should be removed.

They should fix 2 or 3 refineries immediately before they talk about removing subsidy.

Bastards.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
BloomingDale:

How much are they borrowing and why?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Basicend: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:
Useless, wicked and insensitive bunch of jokers called Leaders. The proceeds from the removal of this subsidy would be looted by Tinubu and his cronies. This economic policy is inimical and detrimental to the interests of the common Nigerians

They are only interested in what they will share from it. Thieves.

It's.not like they care about the nations liquidity or masses. Armed robbers them.

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by lexy2014: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Very good move.Those fiercely opposed to the subsidy removal,are benefiting from it.But the president must not be swayed by them but stand firmly like a rock on the decision.
Nigeria must be better.

How are those opposing subsidy removal benefitting from it?

Is it until subsidy is removed that nigeria will get better ?

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Basicend: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
BloomingDale:

I know people like you. . You have access to survive and most likely gained access to the country's stolen Commonwealth someway.

That is why you are typing rubbish selfishly and senselessly.

People like you don't even come out from you over fenced duplexes to see how the masses are suffering on the street. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by fineboynl(m): 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
..they should scraped their allowance

2 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by blowjohn(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2023
But why can't our refineries function.

Those national assembly goats are not serious.

U want subsidy yet u cannot issue licence to people to sell fuel so that there will be competition

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Basicend: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
flokii:
I've been thinking of solar powered buses to go together with CNG & Autogas powered vehicles and electric vehicles... Nigerians should embrace bicycles too.

That does not stop the reality of the prices of goods and services that will skyrocket infront of you.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Impactors27: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
For your building project and construction call us on 07064283092,07061908248
Odehtech civil and architectural services
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Bimpe29: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
Subsidy is gone forever.
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by lexy2014: 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2023
Yankiss:
Nigeria has no option at moment. The debt profile is staggering. Removal of subsidy is the only way out of the mounting debts and endless borrowing to subsidize fuel for the entire West African subregion. Remove subsidy and smuggling will cease.

How is subsidy responsible for Nigeria's staggering debt profile?

Is it only subsidy that loans were used for?

How are loans being used to subsidise fuel for the entire ECOWAS region?

How will removal of subsidy stop smuggling?

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by Dougad: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
frank317:

What are u benefiting from the removal of subsidy?
U should benefit something before standing for it?

The fools you are talking to are the most abundant group of people in this country. Follow follow other people mouth na wetin there Sabi. Ask the idiot to break down his reason for supporting the subsidy removal and you'll see he doesn't know what he's talking about.

This is how these fools were boldly supporting cashless policy because "it'll prevent politicians from buying votes" without realising the people who would suffer the most is the common man.

These idiots are in support of subsidy removal without working refineries because "politicians won't see subsidy money to chop again" forgetting that the common man would see suffering like never before in this economy. I look everybody laugh.

Instead of these idiots to punish the inadequate politicians that have been on seat without providing working refineries by voting them out, they want the common man to bear the consequences of the politicians' inadequacies by shouting "remove subsidy"

As a kid I used to think adults in this country had all the wisdom. As a grown up, I've realized that we're nothing but a country filled with fools.

Stupid fûcktards

3 Likes

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by BloomingDale(f): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Basicend:

I know people like you. . You have access to survive and most likely gained access to the country's stolen Commonwealth someway.

That is why you are typing rubbish selfishly and senselessly.

People like you don't even come out from you over fenced duplexes to see how the masses are suffering on the street. Rubbish.

No stolen wealth. I’m a self made woman.

1 Like

Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by victorsola: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ismael97:

I understand all that. But Nigerians are suffering. We are suffering. I'm dying
there is no money to fund subsidy since last year feb . So the money u think dey want to steal is not available in cash.
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by flokii: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Basicend:

That does not stop the reality of the prices of goods and services that will skyrocket infront of you.

That's inevitable tho.. I feel for the low income households.
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bodexinvest:
How can these people not have the slightest idea on how to solve problems? Nothing at all. Issue more license to private investors to build more refineries and give all the necessary support to operate, then no need for that word SUBSIDY. I know Dangote refinery has the capacity but allow 5 other companies to come in that way their will be no monopoly and then we are good to go.
But instead these yeye people are issuing more licenses for more people to import petrol
Re: House Of Reps Calls For Outright Removal Of Subsidies by stolaonipekun: 9:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
stolaonipekun:
All of them re greedy and heartless soon billion of dollars will spent on new vehicles and even furniture allowance security vote will not be left out where re those money coming from why not channel those money for the betterment of the Nigeria people. This one will just try.
Wy is it difficult for them to build refineries across six geopolitical zone, adequate power supply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics / Photo: Map Of Nigeria On A Pothole As Made By Rain / APC Loses In All 14 Lgas Where Adamawa Supplementary Poll Held

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.