Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

'Our Gospel Must Be Pure From The Place Of Encounter'–Owoie Abutu - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 'Our Gospel Must Be Pure From The Place Of Encounter'–Owoie Abutu (140 Views)

Victor Uwaifo: My Encounter With Mami Water (Throwback Video) / Jerry Blaze – Promise Keeper (ojie Na Chey Aleya) Feat. Owie Abutu [FREE MP3 DOW / Our God Is Indescribable – Owie Abutu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'Our Gospel Must Be Pure From The Place Of Encounter'–Owoie Abutu by okrote4real: 7:52pm On Jun 02, 2023
Award-winning gospel singer, songwriter ad instrumentalist, Owoicho Abutu, famously known as Owie Abutu from Benue state has continued to show why he's one of the biggest gospel singers in Nigeria and beyond. In an interview with the artiste, he speaks about his music and why he chose gospel music over any other genre.

Why did you settle for gospel music?

The Gospel first chose us, it was ordination and predestination that brought us here.

Was music all you wanted to do as a child?

No, I wanted to be a lawyer, but heaven chose this part. Because when I left the university, I wanted to settle for civil service life.

When did you become a born-again Christian?

I gave my life to Christ, in 1997, I was a teenager in secondary school and I don't regret doing that.

You were an instrumentalist, have you stopped doing that or you shuffle in-between?

I am no longer playing drums ohh (laughs), I was a good drummer that year oh. But music has been very interesting for me

Tell us more about your album.

My album "Pages Of My Heart" was a divine project, released in 2016. And this 12 track album is still blessing lives till date. I thank God for giving me inspiration to put them together, it has been a great journey.

Which of your song(s) is so dear to you?

One song that is so dear to me Pages Of My Heart, Learn To Prophesy, Endless Song and Owonya Lebo Owoicho my language song...

What are your concerns for the gospel music industry?

One of my major concern is content. Our gospel must be pure, from the place of encounter. Secondly, the need for gospel musician to understand the place of industry and ministry.

What are you working on after featuring some of the big shots in the gospel music industry?

Am working on another album...just wait for it. It's coming out soon. Also our INTENSITY GLOBAL conference is getting big. Is an outreach program for music ministers and youths

What should your fans expect from you next?

New songs, new videos and more of it.

(1) (Reply)

Please Who Knows The Name Of This Hip Hop Song? / Keep Elevating My King - Fan Hails 'owana' Crooner, Hood Rich / Holyboi: A Multifaceted Creative Force - Exclusive Video Interview With Ibrandtv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.