Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies (10133 Views)

Photos Of The First Nigerian Actors Before 1930 / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses / Most Handsome Nigerian Actors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ JayDawg

Can you please let me have your contact or email address? My email address is nk4mb@yahoo.com, and my number is 07034617401. I and my friends are working on doing an action movie in Nigeria, and we would like it to revolutionize the industry. We would like to work with informed and creative minds like you.

We are tired of the garbage and want to show these Alaba boys the way forward. We are also looking at marketing the movie in Europe and Asia.

Am looking forward to your positive response.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Akiika: 11:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
There are little or no professionals amongst them, actors, directors, producers e.t.c
I can understand they cannot break even if they pay to use state of the art equipments but they can still keep it within their realms.
They should stop trying to make action movies for crying out loud, limit it to drama.
Most importantly, some of them should get some formal education on acting.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Relax101(m): 2:27am On Oct 15, 2011
Orikinla:

Top 10 Npllywood Movies

1) Tango With Me

2) Figurine

3) Changing Faces

40 Ije

5) Bursting Out

6) The Other Side Of Love

7) Between King And Queen

cool The Last October 7

9) Double Shift

10) I Surrender All

I no gree with your list
Where do you put in VIOLATED, FLESH AND BLOOD(Ameze).
Ther's one Igbo Film I will never forget in my life OGBU_ORIE( I dnt know if it's the correct title). Very good too.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by LordElias: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2011
Nigerian movie producers nd directors re d crap nd nt d nigerian movies nd actors dats fact.reasons i said so is bcoz no mata hw gud u re nd hw u culd act iv ur director is nt gud bn no mata wot efford u mak wont stil cum out gud,nd in a situation wia d dia is an actor dat hav no talent or beta stil cnnt act,iv d producers nd directors rili kwns wot dey re doin dat actor shuld appear on scene.so fink dia shuld b a talent in everi person dat wants 2 b a star so dis naija entertainment tin shuld work out dia shuld b a chance 4 everi citizen in naija dat finks he or her has a talent shuld b able 2 display dis talent he or she hav got let d entertainment producers pick 4rm dia nd nt bcoz dia is a familarity wif a producer,director or actors dn shuld made way.dy hav 2 mak sur he or she cn perform well.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Obelomo: 10:06am On Oct 15, 2011
I cannot answer ur question, because it depends! The old films are a lot better than most of these new films. Nollywood needs to reduce the four parts cycle, and stop dragging simple storylines. Also, we need these real Nollywood stars back in the films like Kate Henshaw, Clarion Chukuwura, Zach Orji, RMD and many more! The English films, also need more diversity of stories that has meaning.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Orikinla(m): 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2011
Relax101:

I no gree with your list
Where do you put in VIOLATED, FLESH AND BLOOD(Ameze).
Ther's one Igbo Film I will never forget in my life OGBU_ORIE( I dnt know if it's the correct title). Very good too.

Don't mind Orikinla o.

I just want more people to come up with their own sections.
Re: I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies by Rossikk(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
jaydawg said

Dude! I feel exactly the same, Nollywood is GARBAGE! I must admit it is quite entertaining, but in a cringeworthy way. I hate it soo much.

What really angers me is the way they break filmmaking traditions that are centuries old! Then they come out with "we are telling our own stories the Nigerian way" Shut the fucc up fools!!

The camera was invented by the oyinbo man, filmmaking was perfected by them and taught for all to see, since the 1930s. I am a filmmaker so i can preach. Just 2 weeks into 1st year film school and i could direct a better movie than the whole bunch of Nollywood directors put together. What y'all need to understand is, a film is CONVINCING i.e a robber looks, talks and acts like a robber. A wealthy man looks, talks, dresses and eats like a wealthy man. A school looks like a school, a restaurant, bank, trafiic, a freaking love scene, you name it! Its supposed to look and feel real. You aint supposed to notice the bleeding camera. Have you ever watched a Hollywood film that made you cry?? Why? Afterall you know from the start it was just a movie abi. Guess what, that is the ART of filmmaking, it arouses emotion in you through employing cinematography, acting, sound and music. Yes! Filmaking is ART. Nollywood airhead directors get any camera and push the ON button and start filming. ANNOYING! At least use good actors, those actors and actresses are USELESS. Sorry even Jim Iyke is useless to me, cos he acts in every useless movie alongside useless actors. No standards at all!

I am coming to revolutionise the industry with TOP quality material. This is "New Nollywood", watch this space suckers!

Anugwom. It is goats like you that stuff your head full of western movie-making conventions, and then they become, in your view, the ''only way'' to do films. You then spend untold thousands producing a movie ''the real way'', to beat the ''ignorant Nigerian directors''.

Your movie is then released, and bombs, and you're left with your tail between your legs, as you jet back to America, or wherever the hell you came from, blaming as usual, everyone but yourself for your failure.

Going by the attitude you've displayed here, your movie is guaranteed to bomb. Make no mistake. Instead of trying to LEARN from Nollywood -  a highly successful business model, you're talking imperiously down at it.

Get this. You need to STFU and humble yourself. You have most likely not sold a penny's worth of film in your life. You need to study WHY Nollywood is a $billion industry today, and why her films and actors are followed feverishly by millions of ADORING fans in far-off lands that a kid like you can barely begin to imagine.

The secret is STORYTELLING.

Nollywood fulfills the NO 1 criteria for filmaking, moreso than many Hollywood blockbusters: TELL AN INTERESTING STORY that resonates organically with your audience.

If you put your prejudices aside, and watched the typical Nollywood film as a student, not as a lecturer, the penny just might drop.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jack Doherty And Mckinley Richardson Sextape Leaked Online Trending . / Tstv Is Working Very Well With Strong Decoder. / Top 10 Best Vampires Ever (my Favourites)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.