Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers (9561 Views)

NMDPRA: We’re Ready To Issue Petrol Import Licence To Interested Companies / Olajumoke Awosika: I Will Return To My N20m Farm If I Get Licence To Use Guns / Tollgates To Return As FG Grants Individuals Licence To Build, Maintain Highways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Nemere2020: 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
The Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN), has called on the Federal Government to issue licences to more importers and allow them to bring in Premium Spirit (PMS) and other petroleum products into the country.

Chairman of IPMAN Enugu Depot Community in charge of Anambra, Ebonyi and Enugu States, Chinedu Anyaso said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Awka Friday.

Anyaso said current structure where the Nigerian National Petroleum Development Company Limited (NNPCL), a private company, was the sole importer of products was a monopoly that would serve the masses no good.

He said only a ‘price war’ inspired by the participation of more importers alongside NNPCL would make the price of products find their natural levels.

He added that only competitive pricing will address the current problem of PMS and other petroleum products.

“Federal Government should issue more licences to importers and those who can build refineries for there to be competition and possibly price war.

“NNPCL is a private company. They cannot be in business and still be regulating prices. What they released recently is their own price, private marketers’ prices can only be determined by what the private depots are selling,” he said.

Anyaso described the price list recently released by NNPCL which pegged PMS between N515 and N520 in Southeast as its own company price which was not binding on independent marketers, but at best a guide.

He said marketers in the zone would continue to serve the public to the best of their abilities subject to prevailing prices at the depots.

He, however, condemned those selling PMS at as much as N600 per litre, saying it was exploitative.

Most private outlets in Awka, the Anambra capital city, have closed their doors to customers while those selling were doing so for between N580 and N600 per litre.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/subsidy-removal-ipman-urges-fg-to-issue-licence-to-more-importers/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Apexblog: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
This country don't tire me I swear

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by GeneralPula: 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2023
They already announced that..

Anyone willing can enroll..

The news is here on naira land..

15 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by ggood: 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2023
Yg
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:59am On Jun 04, 2023
On behalf of federal government, I'm saying Don't worry, we are working on it already. Just apply and it Shall be granted

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by lawalosky(m): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2023
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by PriNceNova(m): 11:01am On Jun 04, 2023
Hnmiu
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Machidah4: 11:03am On Jun 04, 2023
Nice
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by stano2(m): 11:03am On Jun 04, 2023
They will definitely ask for kickbacks, and also frustrate Igbos that applies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Inkling(f): 11:09am On Jun 04, 2023
Okay
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by rexlims(m): 11:12am On Jun 04, 2023
Must they import, what is stopping them from fixing d nigerian refineries

9 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Cmanforall: 11:16am On Jun 04, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by CornRemi: 11:19am On Jun 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Omenlon: 11:37am On Jun 04, 2023
I thought NNPC boss has addressed this issue, already. I watched him on Arise TV interview saying the door is open to individuals who are ready to import to come in. That both NNPC and other importers will be sourcing their forex in the same source to give everybody level playing ground.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by obama99: 11:44am On Jun 04, 2023
Supported. Issue more license, give them altimatum to bring it in by one month or loose their license the forces of demand and supply would have crashed the price, then refuse to pay anyone claiming subsidy. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by bigdammyj: 11:47am On Jun 04, 2023
Noted.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 04, 2023
Independent Marketing must be abolished while government should strengthen and empower the major marketers. The so-called independent marketers are the bane of the free flow of petroleum products. Let the major marketers acquire their stations or outrightly buy them off. In addition government must send the chiefs of NEPA off without benefits. No matter how noble government's intentions are, if these two issues are not addressed strictly then it will fail.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by georgeakins: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
stano2:

Nobody should be given licence to import, rather they should go and apply for a licence to build refineries in their region.

Ibos always complaining over nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Yinksdavid(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
Mr Man is comprehension your issue. How would Individuals or groups import without a license.

It's exactly the same thing IPMAN is asking the govt for (Grant license to interested people so they can import and determine thier prices and not buying from NNPLC who is the sole source of importation as at today).

Regardless of what whoever said, action is what is needed and not talk(s).

Omenlon:
I thought NNPC boss has addressed this issue, already. I watched him on Arise TV interview saying the door is open to individuals who are ready to import to come in. That both NNPC and other importers will be sourcing their forex in the same source to give everybody level playing ground.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Brownshoe: 12:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
Have already apply since, no reply yet.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by damoobaba: 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2023
GeneralPula:
They already announced that..

Anyone willing can enroll..

The news is here on naira land..

Where's the link?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
So what happened to putting the existing refineries to work in full capacity, and reduce importation to the barest minimum?
The man is very stupid to be emphasizing on importation.Is Nigeria going to be importing petrol till eternity?
Some of this my people have no sense of reasoning at all.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Bfly: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Like Nigeria needs more hands to import PMS.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Rockstar07: 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigeria nawa o

There should be a proper price regulatory and monitoring. Govt cannot gives importers level playing ground to dictate their price just because they imported the product.

Nigerian we know are inhumane and inconsiderate. Its everywhere we know how prices of things came up after the inauguration day. We know how they'll rip off consumers just to make outgerous profits. Naso they'll turn petrol to dollar in terms of prices.

NNPC involvement being the dominant supplier should be maintained.
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by Siberia01(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
grin
I don frown tire

Mah laugh abeg grin grin

Nigeria can make you loose your sanity
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by SalamRushdie: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hell no , the more importers the more they pad daily fuel consumption...
Re: Subsidy Removal: IPMAN Urges FG To Issue Licence To More Importers by JagabanBorgu: 1:26pm On Jun 04, 2023
stano2:
I thought u all said lgb0s own d economy, if they are bent on frûstràting lgb0s, how comes they own the economy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki: No Right-thinking Apolitical Yoruba Should Jubilate! / Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar / I Am An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.