Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

(relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone (5179 Views)

Wahala: My Adventurous Trip To Yola And Back (pic) / See The Yeye Boxer My Girlfriend Bought For Me PHOTOS / See Food Items A Man Said His Girlfriend Bought For 750 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
purples25:
Communication is key. Ask her about it in a friendly way. If she is sensible and innocent of any fishy business she will answer calmly.

Dunno why you're scared to ask.
am not scared to ask I even jokingly ask her if it was her side boo that bought it for her , she said no that she saved both the little I have been giving to her and the ones she's getting from her dad , am just thinking how she was able to save 97k to buy a phone πŸ€”
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 11:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
davidodufote:
All of you saying "why didn't he get her a phone since all this while"? As per what abeg? Is he her father, her blood brother? Abi she no get parent or what? Whats with the entitled mentality.
Dude just over look her getting a new phone. See ehn, in the law of women, its combine effort . So choose either to add to the contribution or walk away. Shior
πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ˜£πŸ˜£πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by youngfocus(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Girlee:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Bros she's just your girlfriend. I thought guys appreciates independent ladiesπŸ€”
Besides, you didn't mention that she's an orphan or the only child of a poor couple and hence, you're all that she's got. Her older sibling must have supported her in the phone purchase (that's if she has any 🀷) or maybe her parents did.
You were expecting her to wait for you? After all the months that have passed?
What does being an apprentice make her? Come on! Anyone could have offered to buy her a new phone and that's nothing you should fret about.
Insecurity everywhere πŸ˜’...

"Nigerian girls will not kill me" - what are you implying? That they're all like your girlfriend. Mhen! Your girlfriend, obviously isn't guilty of anything. People have their ways and don't always think it's an illegal way. Whichever means through which she got the phone shouldn't bother you as long as you're both still together.
Una relationship matter sef πŸ˜©πŸ’”...
Yunno I got my present phone while I was preparing for my WAEC, without a job and broke. I accepted this guy's friend request on Facebook 3 years ago and while we were chatting, I was slow in replying. He asked why and I told him my phone's screen was bad. He asked for my account details and sent me 50k immediately. We're just friends that haven't met in real life up till date. So chill! Be anxious for nothing...
What God can not do does not exist

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dshocker:

There is no proof she is cheating, or someone bought it for her.

My advice is that you should watch her closely to see if there is change in attitude, because that is where it comes from.

yeah you're right ,she has been giving me her attention ever since she bought the phone, infact we just finish our late night conversation on phone no change of attitude yet,

well let me observe her for like a month sha

She's such a sweet girl and I really love her and am sure she love me too , oh God I don't want anything to come between us because I really love and care about her
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 12:06am On Jun 05, 2023
frozen70:

Well keep watching her you will notice if she has another guy or she is still with just you alone but saved the money to buy the phone

But I would have appreciated her if she has brought half of the saved money and ask you to help her complete the money to buy a new phone

Like I said, watch her loyalty now that she has proved that she can do it herself
exactly what I will do I want to keep an eye on her now, we just finish our late night conversation and she have been giving me all her attention ever since she bought the phone ,

no change of attitude yet Sha , she's a good girl Sha just praying to God let it not be what am thinking ,

because it will affect my life somehow I pray against suicide oo , I love her so much and am sure she feels same for me ,

No wonder some people hardly fall in love this days , falling deep in love is very dangerous it's not good for the health swears , I just hope Sha is not what am thinking , if it happens and I survive the shock ehnnnn omo I will never fall in love again oo
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2023
Blackskinman007:

Alaye,,,
If you wanna live long, "avoid engaging those entitled gender" they are opportunistic!!
πŸ€”πŸ€”
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by frozen70(f): 12:25am On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
exactly what I will do I want to keep an eye on her now, we just finish our late night conversation and she have been giving me all her attention ever since she bought the phone ,

no change of attitude yet Sha , she's a good girl Sha just praying to God let it not be what am thinking ,

because it will affect my life somehow I pray against suicide oo , I love her so much and am sure she feels same for me ,

No wonder some people hardly fall in love this days , falling deep in love is very dangerous it's not good for the health swears , I just hope Sha is not what am thinking , if it happens and I survive the shock ehnnnn omo I will never fall in love again oo

Just relax, you could be having a hard working girl who loves you and wants to assist you
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by makeherscream(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2023
frozen70:

Just relax, you could be having a hard working girl who loves you and wants to assist you
πŸ€” I just hope so , anyway thanks for your concern , Jah bless you
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by lascos912(m): 12:59am On Jun 05, 2023
thieves collected my phone at my working place in March,my boss promised to buy me another one but Omo these people no buy ordinary case for me,i just went to buy it with my salary.
what i want to say is that you see that short period that i didn't have that phone is like i was in kirikiri prison

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Forrkke: 1:32am On Jun 05, 2023
member13:

Oga, this is very simple. Send me her number and I will send a text asking her to hookup for 100K. I have done this for 4 of my friends; only 1 woman passed.

Help me do am please
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Gerrard59(m): 2:51am On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
phone is a pitty thing right you are senseless Sha Nigerian girls are just too useless swear , the fact that I have not bought her a new phone is not because maybe am broke or something , I have a lot of bills to pay and some family members to feed is not that easy for me she should understand all this , afterall I was already planning to surprise her with the phone on her birthday,

But you talk like a bitch

You write like a very foolish man!
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Gerrard59(m): 2:57am On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
he can even spell correctly you are too dumb bro , na you 9know weather poverty dey wear you wrapper oo as for me am doing well in life

If indeed you are doing well in life, you would not be lamenting that you have too many responsibilities to cater for. Someone who is doing well in life will not keep his lover waiting for eight months before buying her a phone no matter how basic and inexpensive. The truth is: you are not financially capable of being in a relationship. You come across as those newly married men who begin to have side chicks yet complain that they charge a lot for their time.

You never chop belly full, you don dey carry responsibilities for head like gala.

2 Likes

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Gerrard59(m): 2:59am On Jun 05, 2023
davidodufote:
All of you saying "why didn't he get her a phone since all this while"? As per what abeg? Is he her father, her blood brother? Abi she no get parent or what? Whats with the entitled mentality.
Dude just over look her getting a new phone. See ehn, in the law of women, its combine effort . So choose either to add to the contribution or walk away. Shior

He made a promise. He was not pointed a gun at his head to say he would buy her phone. Was he?
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by imagrg(m): 5:40am On Jun 05, 2023
Take your share of her toto and stop being jealous.

Until you pay her bride-price you are not entitled to monopolizing that toto. Let others have their share too. After all you are just a shareholder!

Methinks her toto must been so sweet for it to have earned a smartphone.
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by frozen70(f): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
πŸ€” I just hope so , anyway thanks for your concern , Jah bless you

Amen πŸ™ and bless you too

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 05, 2023
smiley
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Johnson225(m): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2023
Oma000:
smiley
Omalicha
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Sixfeetbelle: 7:26am On Jun 05, 2023
Silentgroper:

what if he does need to be suspicious..

😏😏😏

you might need to chill out ..

what's getting you worked up

What if he doesn't need to be suspicious?

Besides he's already concluded on how the money came about, so I'm certain he posted it here to get validation and confirmation about it.

I'm not worked up. Relatively pissed that I bothered to reply when he already got what he wanted to hear
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by UYEMDO35(m): 7:27am On Jun 05, 2023
Oga mi! If truly u want to spend the rest of your life with that girl try and find out where she got the the money from. 97k nobi small money.... She wouldn't have save that huge amount of money when she has a lot of things to takecare of.
Could you imagine, it was because of common phone my girlfriend broke up with me and I already have it in mind to buy her a phone but she couldn't exercise patience.... And after a week later I saw her with a phone and when I confronted her she told me it was a friend that bought it for her..... A week's later she finally broke up with me, just becuz I didn't get her a phone but after some months later she finally got pregnant for that same guy who got her a phone

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by nokspos: 8:58am On Jun 05, 2023
check her statement of account and see the accumulation of the savings, don't give her notice just find your way into her statement of account. you can lie that you want to use her account to receive one big money that she should give you login so you can be checking when the money enters.

Nobody can be blame here, you can't blame her for find another alternative after staying that long without phone even though that's a sign of unseriousness from her part and your are advised not to take her seriuosly going forward if you confirm that someone bought the phone for her.

makeherscream:
Good afternoon my fellow nairalanders I greet you all ,

my girlfriend who is still an apprentice bought a new phone yesterday , I was surprised when she came to my house yesterday holding the new phone on her hand ,

When I ask her how and where she get money to buy the phone , she said she have been saving money since January to buy the phone, am wondering where she get all the money she has been saving ever since from ,πŸ€”

because she's just an apprentice she's not earning salary or is it the little 5k ,10k 15k that I'm giving her she was saving or is it what am thinking?πŸ€” I just hope is not what I am thinking πŸ™ hmmmmm Nigerian girls will not kill me ,

She lost her phone last year November I promise her I will get her a new phone that she should be patient,

and have been planning to surprise her with a new phone on her birthday , her birthday is just few weeks from now June 20 ,

Nairalanders how una see this matter
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by purples25(f): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
am not scared to ask I even jokingly ask her if it was her side boo that bought it for her , she said no that she saved both the little I have been giving to her and the ones she's getting from her dad , am just thinking how she was able to save 97k to buy a phone πŸ€”

Since she gave you an answer but you chose to doubt her, I think that you have trust issues. Maybe you should break up with her and find a person you can trust. The way you're questioning her words shows that you don't trust her.

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Karlifate: 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

As if you yourself can stay one month without phone. Mtchewww

Carry your hypocritical self outta here

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Dzzzz: 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
Bro that thing you dey think!,yes your right.
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Hotwest: 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Johnson225:

Omalicha
sad
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Silentgroper(m): 8:43pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

What if he doesn't need to be suspicious?

Besides he's already concluded on how the money came about, so I'm certain he posted it here to get validation and confirmation about it.

I'm not worked up. Relatively pissed that I bothered to reply when he already got what he wanted to hear

Aight...

On the flip side, it could be that he came here looking for 2nd opinion ...

what you thought was a conclusion might actually be what he thinks is the conclusion but still giving the situation the benefits of doubt..

Going through his write up .. you would see he's not so sure of his conclusion...

BUT WHAT IF HE REALLY NEEDS TO BE SUSPICIOUS

why are you so sure he doesn't need to be suspicious
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Sixfeetbelle: 9:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Silentgroper:

Aight...

On the flip side, it could be that he came here looking for 2nd opinion ...

what you thought was a conclusion might actually be what he thinks is the conclusion but still giving the situation the benefits of doubt..

Going through his write up .. you would see he's not so sure of his conclusion...

BUT WHAT IF HE REALLY NEEDS TO BE SUSPICIOUS

why are you so sure he doesn't need to be suspicious

He really didn't come for a second opinion when he knowingly wrote the line ,"Nigerian girls will not kill me".

To answer your question:

He said he gives her some money.
She works as an apprentice and receives small money.
In a period of 8 months, someone who really needs a phone can save to buy it.

If she was a spendthrift who is lazy or greedy, she still wouldn't be doing apprentice work, but she is, which means she is diligent and focused. A focused person can achieve quite a lot.

With this few points of mine...
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by kelspinall(m): 9:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
una wahala
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Silentgroper(m): 9:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

He really didn't come for a second opinion when he knowingly wrote the line ,"Nigerian girls will not kill me".

To answer your question:

He said he gives her some money.
She works as an apprentice and receives small money.
In a period of 8 months, someone who really needs a phone can save to buy it.

If she was a spendthrift who is lazy or greedy, she still wouldn't be doing apprentice work, but she is, which means she is diligent and focused. A focused person can achieve quite a lot.

With this few points of mine...
Yes,in the period of 8 months. someone who really needs a phone could get it..

well, phew!!!

I do not have interest in furthering this convo ..

my body just weak ..

How's oga nazgul btw?? ..

Been long I've seen him around

I hope you're taking care of him for us 😁😁😁
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by ghettochild(m): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2023
Your stress is over.. someone else had done ur job plus knocking ur girl..
So from now on just be knocking n the other one knocking n paying..
By the time u taya... dump her.

1 Like

Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Sixfeetbelle: 9:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Silentgroper:
Yes,in the period of 8 months. someone who really needs a phone could get it..

well, phew!!!

I do not have interest in furthering this convo ..

my body just weak ..

How's oga nazgul btw?? ..

Been long I've seen him around

I hope you're taking care of him for us 😁😁😁

Me, too, is tired of the conversation. This is not my relationship so why am I so invested?

Wetin concern me and Nazgul? If he's missing, I wasn't aware, and I don't know how to find him.
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Silentgroper(m): 9:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

Me, too, is tired of the conversation. This is not my relationship so why am I so invested?

Wetin concern me and Nazgul? If he's missing, I wasn't aware, and I don't know how to find him.

That's not right, seeing as he's your supposed better half if not your already better half...

😁😁😁😁😁

I don't know if he's missing, but who else should/would know his whereabouts if not you ...

Don't mind me .. There's just something about you two that just wants me to have you guys boo up

πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹
Re: (relationship Wahala) My Girlfriend Bought A New Phone by Girlee(f): 10:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
makeherscream:
words from a senseless fellow

How can you even tell πŸ€”?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Woman That Cannot Cook? / 99 Secrets Guys Have To Know About Girls / I'm In Love With A Deaf And Dumb Girl, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.