Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock (26762 Views)

Alleged Flouting Of Court Order: We Are Copying The FG - TUC President, Osifo / Fuel Subsidy: NLC Issues Seven-Day Nationwide Strike Notice / FG, TUC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by toneroforever(m): 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
[quote author=Nato008 post=123577064][/quote]

The problem of this country is the ignorant citizens trying to form enlightened.

The main people I really respect and appreciate in this country are: HURIWA,SERAP,Femi Falana, Rufai Oseni & a few others.

We are too docile. Tribalism has finished this country
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by chidiokay: 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

We have to remind him in case he forgot, his words and actions on this same subsidy removal issue during Goodluck Jonathan regime

The jonathan, you are avenging and fighting for is on Tinubu's side, so why are you guyz crying more than the bereaved.

During jonathan time, Nigeria still have money to subsidize, and oil was at all time high price of $100.
In the last 8yrs we know how much Nigeria is owing as debt, total budget for education, health and infrastructure is less than 5trillion but subsidy alone takes about 7trillion .. does that make any sense, the most annoying part is we don't even have the money naa borrow borrow
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by kingsceemark(m): 11:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for Nigerians

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy

Tinubu is a bastardized criminal
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by toneroforever(m): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
HacheNoire:

Permit me to enlighten you a bit.

The recent hike in pump prices was bound to happen. Enacting such drastic change is BOUND to have an instantaneous effect in prices .

Now, let’s take a deeper look. The economy is now saving trillions, WHICH of appropriately managed, can be channeled directly into the economy.

The importation of fuel has been deregulated, meaning high competition will set in.

It’s just a matter of time, the prices will drop.

I understand and feel your plight, but trust me, it’s the best way to go.

Stop all these fake explanations that u r not even convinced is right. The so called trillions will be looted. APC are criminals and scammers.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by toneroforever(m): 11:33pm On Jun 04, 2023
chidiokay:

The jonathan, you are avenging and fighting for is on Tinubu's side, so why are you guyz crying more than the bereaved.

During jonathan time, Nigeria still have money to subsidize, and oil was at all time high price of $100.
In the last 8yrs we know how much Nigeria is owing as debt, total budget for education, health and infrastructure is less than 5trillion but subsidy alone takes about 7trillion .. does that make any sense, the most annoying part is we don't even have the money naa borrow borrow

Understand one thing, Tinubu and his APC crooks are looking for money to loot. Buhari damaged Nigeria beyond repair.. Tinubu is out to finish it completely
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Dchair2: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.

Don't mind these ones, what do they know? Must everything be about supporting one political party or the other?
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Jagabanarmy: 11:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
seanfer:
We know who the NLC is working for.
Oga no sentiment in governance. Go and check how NLC is picketing organizations doing business with Imo State . You didn't see that . Can't you see the adverse effects of the removal on goods and services? Do you know why Buhari didn't remove subsidy during his administration and other governments before him? If you don't know ask questions . I totally support NLC here. Subsidy will go but not now until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Ambitious21: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Nigerians are simply reminding Tinubu of his words to Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 over the latter decision to remove fuel subsidy

You have no sense..
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Jagabanarmy: 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Saao:
are you not in Nigeria? Today I left ajah to Alapere ketu. I spent 5k to and fro. I thought it will be cheaper than driving, I end up spending more. Imagine someone earning 40k a month, how would they survive? Forget the politics and face the reality.
Some of the guys here talk as if they are from Afghanistan and not in this country. For me, it's national interest above partisanship. The price must be reversed and subsidy removed when there are sufficient plans on ground to cushion the effects of the removal

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Jagabanarmy: 11:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Stop this. We need to hold our leaders accountable. That's how you build corrupt free nations that work. Even in the US evenbif its over 50 years a crime against the people is committed the leaders or govt is held accountable.

You can't just declare no subsidy with nothing on ground to alleviate the suffering of the people to an extent. The least they could do is import busses to high density areas with subsidised bus fares .
Don't mind him, he's from Afghanistan. For me, it's national interest above partisanship. The price will be reversed for now until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal . Those that are supporting this should ask Buhari why he didn't remove it during his administration and other governments before him. It get why
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by mdshell(m): 12:15am On Jun 05, 2023
Head of fake propaganda machine!!! Continue!!!

seanfer:
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by mdshell(m): 12:18am On Jun 05, 2023
Assistant Head of Tribal bigots. Continue your hatred!

Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by mdshell(m): 12:19am On Jun 05, 2023
No wahala! Get ready for Wednesday shocker

femisplash:
NLC should start their strike from Agulu, as far as patriotic Nigerians are concern, subsidy is gone!
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2023
SmartyPants:

Break it down for me please - we need to provide transit systems for 200 million people. How may buses exactly do you think will do? What is the unit cost of each, and is there money to sustain their operations or is the 800 million meant to last forever?

they just write like tinubu is also gorvenor of all states...
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by HacheNoire: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2023
toneroforever:

Stop all these fake explanations that u r not even convinced is right. The so called trillions will be looted. APC are criminals and scammers.

Why are you so much of the negative. Try to be positive!
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SenatePresdo(m): 1:06am On Jun 05, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Im surprised that only igbos carry the NLC nationwide strike on their head like Gala.

Very bitter souls who are always against every good thing that will move this country forward.

A shame

In 2012 that Tinubu Was against Subsidy, why didn't you call him bitter soul for going against the good move of Nigeria?

Afonjas eeeh, i see why igbos hates you guys.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Risingsunn: 2:06am On Jun 05, 2023
seanfer:
you are bereaved of sense I swear
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by DMerciful(m): 2:17am On Jun 05, 2023
But nobody occupied anywhere in the East in 2012 when subsidy was removed. You guys will still occupy Lagos, watch and see!
Confirmedzombie:

A shame
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Tzar(m): 2:52am On Jun 05, 2023
NLC has lost its relevance!
Especially now that they have political interests in LP as an opposition political party. Their comments and actions will always come from a selfish and antagonistic POV.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Mickykarim: 3:21am On Jun 05, 2023
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/subsidy-nlc-absent-as-fg-tuc-meet-in-aso-rock/

WE ARE AWARE THEY HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVE WITH EVIL AGENDA.

We have not forgotten that the NLC was and still a player in the presidential elections.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Nauttyprof(m): 3:54am On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

They are working for you. Goodluck Jonathan is the worse president ever followed by Buhari. A man who allowed his government to be known for mass looting alone. Can you trust the government for anything reasonable. There was never anything he did without scary corruption underneath it.

NLC is not operating in the interest of Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Nauttyprof(m): 3:58am On Jun 05, 2023
Beremx:
they are working for Nigerians who are being affected by the astronomical increase of fuel price. You cannot increase fuel price without easing the pains that come afterwards. No salary increase, no palliatives, nothing!! If you're not affected by the increase, let those who are affected be fought for by NLC

NLC is not fighting for the salary increase rather they want the usual to continue. Fuel price will be slightly increased, subsidy returns and then, keep increasing. Later, they will come again asking for a raise in salary. Is this not foolishness?

Get rid of the problem and let's use the money meant for this for every other meaningful things including salary raise.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Ofunaofu: 4:02am On Jun 05, 2023
Nauttyprof:

They are working for you. Goodluck Jonathan is the worse president ever followed by Buhari. A man who allowed his government to be known for mass looting alone. Can you trust the government for anything reasonable. There was never anything he did without scary corruption underneath it.

NLC is not operating in the interest of Nigeria.

At the bolded, there is a pattern, this particular one in power now will be the worst of them all. Already his first week have been catastrophic
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SWATMan: 4:27am On Jun 05, 2023
seanfer:

Shame on you. Who was BAT working for in 2012? He should think out of the box to solve this fuel problem that made him to callg GEJ a kindergarten president! Now is the time to prove that he has something to offer after all he boasted during the presidential campaign season that he is the most qualified and prepared candidate to lead us and would not disclose how he intends to solve the myriads of problems confronting us lest his opponents steal his plans. "Those who must destroy to succeed, would have destruction waiting for them at the pinnacle of their success" Maybe you are still being spoon fed that's why you are blindly supporting this attempt to finish us patapata.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by SWATMan: 4:31am On Jun 05, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame

Google the meaning of blind loyalty and you will be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Yestogood: 4:56am On Jun 05, 2023
Saao:

Don't mind the saboteurs. APC foot soldiers are the worst part of their evil contraption. Imagine someone using propaganda in this crushing situation.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by sportskid(m): 5:10am On Jun 05, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

A shame

You are a fool to mention igbos. Your hatred will be your own undoing
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Image123(m): 5:38am On Jun 05, 2023
SenatePresdo:

In 2012 that Tinubu Was against Subsidy, why didn't you call him bitter soul for going against the good move of Nigeria?

Afonjas eeeh, i see why igbos hates you guys.

If you feel it was a good move then, how is it not a good move now or again?
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Image123(m): 5:40am On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

At the bolded, there is a pattern, this particular one in power now will be the worst of them all. Already his first week have been catastrophic

Catastrophic to you and all haters of our dear country.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Bfly: 5:41am On Jun 05, 2023
Believe this, Tinubu cannot do 8years. He is a regular politician. His ideas about national development is too abstract. Yet He announced removal of subsidy without consensus. Like He can come about national development alone. He thinks his elected subordinates has no option that to follow his action plan like a Godfather.

Political party Godfatherism cannot strive in national development because the support of the people is not as easy to get. Imagine 13million people voted against you out of 21million. And you decided not to be discreet in your decision making.

How i wish Tinubu didn't make that announcement and let it be rumoured until end of june. So that the masses could aswell prepare for this. Now, the oil marketer opportunists are voraciously feeding on the masses. Even NNPC also leverage on such announcement when depot price has not even changed.

Seriously, the masses have made a lot of sacrifices for the country while the government and the elite have made non. It now looks like the government is solely working for big capitalists against the masses.

We are ourselves heroes.
Re: Subsidy: NLC Absent As FG, TUC Meet In Aso Rock by Image123(m): 5:44am On Jun 05, 2023
SWATMan:

Shame on you. Who was BAT working for in 2012? He should think out of the box to solve this fuel problem that made him to callg GEJ a kindergarten president! Now is the time to prove that he has something to offer after all he boasted during the presidential campaign season that he is the most qualified and prepared candidate to lead us and would not disclose how he intends to solve the myriads of problems confronting us lest his opponents steal his plans. "Those who must destroy to succeed, would have destruction waiting for them at the pinnacle of their success" Maybe you are still being spoon fed that's why you are blindly supporting this attempt to finish us patapata.

We've been in the box of subsidy and parallel FX rates for decades. Tinubu just made the toughest decision on that right from the start.
Do you realize that he's technically deregulated the oil industry and made more revenue for the FG, State government and LGs. Think a bit before even talking about the box.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Hardship: Hoodlums loot truckload Of Spaghetti In Zaria / Who Will Oyo Elect As Its New Governor? / Kayode Ogundamisi: Why Dino Melaye Must Come Out & 'Shame' The Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.