Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347025 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gbadex1(m): 9:33am On May 29, 2007
I once saw the billboard for that DFtv you were talking about at 3rd gate in Festac. Seems to me it's more or less like this Free-to-Air shizzle. Care to expantiate on this?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mazia(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2007
Quite interesting what i have read so far on this forum. I currently reside in canada and will be coming back to naija this august 2007. I have a couple of receivers that are i am hoping will receive more channels than what you guys have posted on here. I will be sending two of them to Naija this week for testing and if they receive channels we are hoping to view from naija i will bring alot back with me on my trip as well as keep you all posted on the channels you can view and the technicalities involved. cool

Here people watch the premium channels without paying a fee but its illegal and i am not part of that. as per Iretunde, I tried getting a hold of you but for some reason your phone is screening my calls LOL, do you have an email add?

ok folks keep the info rolling? if its free and legal, go for it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adomidoben: 7:07am On Jun 03, 2007
Dear All, I lives in Costa Rica. I once came across a website one day where I saw a several free to air channels with their frequency code numbers. It is not www.lynsat.com. I could not remember this again. Please, can someone remind me of this website.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:34pm On Jun 03, 2007
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adomidoben: 1:38am On Jun 04, 2007
Enigma,

Thank you indeed. The three websites you gave supplied more than what anyone may need in this request.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shepaldo: 10:44am On Jun 07, 2007
@ D|I personally browse at home with free internet subscription right here in nigeria and more so using Dstv for free. So you just think about it. If only our people can just sit down and discover so many things and they will know that they all for free. D|

Is it possible to watch MYTV & DSTV for free ?

PLEASE HELPM ME I WANT TO WATCH THESE CHANNELS ASAP
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by succinoxes: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2007
Thanks alot for your good job . I have really learnt alot from your forum and would wish to participate in it . well my name is succe . the available frequncies that i saw is no longer functional or active how can i get an update on thoes. I have fta using a cband . it is practically impossible to see bbc, or any sport station, beside that some stations have moved from their former position how then can i get an update thanks for anyone who could help it will be quite appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by shepaldo: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2007
AMUNA WEEEE,

Please can anyone help me watch MYTV especially AIT International.

Regards,

Shepaldo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mazia(m): 7:53am On Jun 22, 2007
hello folks,
would i require an FCC permit/approval to sell fta receivers in 9ja? cos i am considering that possibility,still carrying out my research on the stations the receiver can spot on the satellites beamed to 9ja.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Seun(m): 7:58am On Jun 22, 2007
You won't require any permit until the government discovers that your business is making a lot of money. ( angry )
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mazia(m): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2007
@seun

Thanks , therefore strategy has been changed to hit and run grin grin before they realize whats going on. I am expecting feedback next week on the channels one can view on it and will post it here for you nairalander's suggestion.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2007
hope any one can help.i just bought a 90cm dish ku band with my tv strong decorder,plzz i wan to know how many channels i can get on the free channels and i need to know how to get more free ku band frequency on net.plzzz am really a novice help!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2007
Pitodenz

1. Where are you located? That will help to advice what channels you can receive.

2. Have you spoken to a local installer where you are as local installers should be able to give you an idea of what chanels you can receive.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 5:29pm On Jun 28, 2007
enigma is right, your location is important to know what type of fta you can receive. Also important is where your dish is facing, and where you have not install your dish, local installers can assist you and as well position your dish to directions where you can watch fta channels.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2007
thanks guys for ur reply.i currently reside in port harcourt river state.well, when facing my dish on east ican get up to 31 channels including mytv channels.on my west in hespasat i can get 3 channels including nollywood an silverbird on the same west on ncc 7ku i ca get more than 100 channels whereby only 7 channels can open like tv5,direct 8,gtv, but i need to know whether ican be able to get more cos i heard that there re abt 30 channels on the same west including bbc but i dont know the sat name but i ve the freq and symbol.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:51pm On Jul 02, 2007
Try Nilesat satellite channels, they are the satellite with most fta and they are on 7 degrees west. There you will get BBC, MBC 2 and MBC Action etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2007
hi twinstaite plzz can u give me the frequency for the nilesat.am using ku band 90cm.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2007
i already put a link to all their frequency on the above post, this is it again. http://www.lyngsat.com/nile.html The 1st left column is the frequency while all nilesat symbol rate is 27500. Any channel with F sign is a free channel. goodluck!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2007
Twinstaiye

Is a 90cm dish big enough for Nilesat in Port Harcourt?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2007
enigma, 90cm dish cannot pick nilesat channels. Pardon my lack of details. Nilesat FTA can only be received with a larger dish bigger than 90cm
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by akangbee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2007
|I personally browse at home with free internet subscription right here in nigeria and more so using Dstv for free. So you just think about it. If only our people can just sit down and discover so many things and they will know that they all for free. D|[/b]

@iretunde,
please how are you able to do the internet browsing thing at home ?
your phone is not responding.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ambrosevil: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2007
plzz twinstaiye can u help me to get more free 2 air channels with my 90cm dish
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Joguns(m): 11:13am On Jul 21, 2007
Can someone please help me with finding the position of NILESAT? I learnt one can get MBc2 and 4 on it! How can you make the EZ- positioner to find its position? Our positioner uses 01 for PAS 7,10, 02 for ST 1, 03 for INTEL 902C, and so on,
INTELSAT 10-02 is 1.0 degree W and our positioner uses position 06 for this. The question is: how do I enter the Menu to the Motorized setting and effect the changes. Warri, where I am is having latitude 0530N and longitude 0541E.

I just want to know which position is NILESAT and how to make the dish go automatically 7.0 W. since it's 7.0 degrees W. Also, how do one enter the Menu, go into the installation and onto the dish setting to change information. Thank you all for this informative and educative forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2007
I think you will need to see the installers, they are the one who can solve your problem. I for one does not use motorized dish, so I would not know how to be of help. Better still, if you are the type that love DIY, then search for the operating manual of the decoder you are using on the internet, or the make of the decoder, who knows, you may be lucky to hook up to a site that hosted forum on your problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by randa(m): 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2007
i have a jack and i was able to read a lot on this now i watch free to air channels from russia to south africa etv sabc, eatv itv from tanzania, even ait has to stations on ma dish, i also get bbc, al jazeerea, cnn, voa, dubai sports mbc 1, 2 ,3, 4 good channels with series like 24, lost, desperate housewives etc
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2007
plzz i need some ku freq on 90cm,i have some i can now watch tv5 monde,direct8,nig nollywood and silver bird on ku band 90cm plz any one with more freq and position i will appreciate.note:i think is time will concetrate on 90cm ku band for most of us re not living in their own house 1.8 and above is too big for a tenent.my mail add is pitodenz@yahoo.com incase u dont wanna post in forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:54pm On Aug 09, 2007
For twinstaiye and anyone else who is able to receive Nilesat:

The Showtime Package is currently "open". If you have the right receiver and know what to do with it you should be able to watch English Premier League and many other programmes. In order to get the right material to do what you need to do with your receiver, search on the Net and you can start by googling the words 'Alsat Satellite'.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2007
Thanks for the tip enigma, I will surely check it out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
well this is a good trend and i have enjoyed reading every bit of it. do you actually know you can get everything free of charge and free to air. its true and it cheaper than you can ever imagine, also its not illegal. now for those of you in Aba and its environment you can call this number if you want any type of free to air equipment at the best prices and instullation also. just check out the type of package you can afford and call 08037108182. since its free, you know the oweners of the channels cannot lose so when you see an advert during a move dont worry they are trying to make their own pay while the entertain you free of charge. but the movies are world class and also top rated. try it. am sure you will not regret.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by icezik1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2007
I am very impressed by bigjoe, twinstaiye and Enigma. You guys are the bomb! Keep it up! Those your sites are very helpful. Keep up the good work! God bless all ya!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by skaval24: 1:06pm On Aug 21, 2007
I am writing from Zambia. Any idea as to what satellites we can point to?
where do i find how-to guides for watching free DSTV?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2007
You are unlikely to be able to watch DSTV for free; you want DSTV, you pay for it.  grin But if you want genuinely free TV (FTA), I think the most likely Satellites on which you will find them for your area will be the Intelsat birds at 68.5 East and 72 East.

Familiarise your self with the site in the link below and you might be able to work out which Satellites can be received in Zambia.

www.lyngsat.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.