Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,619 members, 7,781,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 07:01 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (346133 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by tushman(m): 11:12am On Nov 09, 2007
enigma,
i think my dish is a 1.5metre or 1.8meter dish.not sure of which but i'm planning on getting a 3meter dish.
i'm using the latest strong decoder with the card reader and usb port.i would try scanning for those frequency though my reception
breaks especially in the afternoons(when its hot)they said i should change my lnb to the new fuji lnb.
i would let you know how many channels i recieve on hispasat by monday.
holla
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by 3ple: 3:03pm On Nov 09, 2007
please, i am a nigerian presently in cameroon. i wish to know if i can access nlesat 101/102 here in cameroon and if possible, how. someone help me. cry cry
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by fadinus(m): 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2007
pls enitan, bigjoe,jujukemist, twinstaiye, i need help on this one. Pls guys i am using a strong decoder and a 90cm dish facing intel7/10 68e, i recieve mytv stations and i was wondering if you have code that can unlock it. 08023502657 text if u can, dfadipe2003@hotmail.com.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jofranco: 11:05am On Nov 10, 2007
hello guys,good job i must confess.
i really commend your effort on this trend.
please i really need your help here.
i live in benin city,i need someone who can direct me on what type of dish to get,atleast the one that will be able to get some good channels.
or does anyone lives in benin city and already using something like this?pls guys i need your great help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2007
plzz fadinus i dont seem to like ur post we dont give such info here wot we discuse here is fta only.why not go for nilesat i think they have far more channels than intelsat 7/10.
enigma plz confirm if 4653x can open showtime without editing the keys.and one other thing a friend of mine told me he tracked hotbird 13e in unilag with 8m fiber dish with over 6000 channels showing free anybody in lagos can help me confirm the authentic of this news.
tushman re u using net dish or pan or fiber dish and where re u located?plz its important.
trendtv can be get with ten other unscrambled channels in nss7ku.just tie the two lnb's together while the up one we be trend tv the down one is nss7ku.n.b.1st of all get nss7ku 10986/v 30000 then just put the second lnb on top of it trend tv signal will come automatic,its very simple.for other freg in nss u can go to lyngsat
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2007
cheesy
jofranco:

hello guys,good job i must confess.
i really commend your effort on this trend.
please i really need your help here.
i live in benin city,i need someone who can direct me on what type of dish to get,atleast the one that will be able to get some good channels.
or does anyone lives in benin city and already using something like this?please guys i need your great help.
Get a minimum 2.4 m dish, 2 ku lnb(s) and accessories, a strong decoder preferably srt4653x. U will get cnn, bbc, aljazeera,mbc action mbc2&4. Nollywood,stv, mbi international and so many more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2007
fadinus:

please enitan, bigjoe,jujukemist, twinstaiye, i need help on this one. Please guys i am using a strong decoder and a 90cm dish facing intel7/10 68e, i recieve mytv stations and i was wondering if you have code that can unlock it. 08023502657 text if u can, dfadipe2003@hotmail.com.
No known code sir, they are encrpted with CAS system, not known to have been hacked yet. My advice is, depending on where u are living, u should get a 1.8m or 3m dish, then turn west hook up to nilesat and aenjoy somany FTA and hacked Irdeto2 platform using str4653x.Provided u know your way
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 6:23pm On Nov 10, 2007
Breaking news! to those of u using nilesat I have down loaded MTV at freq 7.747V. They give hot english songs. Actual launch date of the channel is Nov the 17th.

Strong decoder in Kaduna SRT4653X latest in nija market is 7500N, those of you in the south dont buy more than 10K. Ku lnb is 800N each, dont buy more than 1k
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2007
@ pitodenz

I don't use Strong myself but I have done a quick online check and it seems that with latest software Showtime will be available on the 4653X.

See the links below ---- but be sure you know how to load the software to your receiver so as not to damage it.

_http://np-ulc.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=d69e4f9210754763783a6642fef42288&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Receiver/Strong

_http://kwandi4ume.mylivepage.com/home

@ Pitodenz -- an 8m dish is obviously massive and I can imagine that it might pull in Hotbird; however, Hotbird only has about 2000 channels; so maybe ur friend was tracking other satellites as well.

@ jofranco

If you get e.g. a 2.4 (or at least a 1.8 ) dish and ask the installer to use a 'jack' with it, you will have some options; also if possible, ask the installer to use 1 Ku LNB and 1 C LNB --- that way your options will increase considerably. (It could be better to use one dual band LNB but they seem difficult to find). If you cannot use a 'jack' an alternative is to use 2 or more Ku LNBs as jujukemist suggested.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2007
@ 3ple

Like Nigeria, Cameroun is not ordinarily within the footprint of Nilesat; this means you will need a big dish to have any chance!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2007
Hi jujukemist
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jofranco: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2007
guys i really appreciate your contributions.
God will give you guys more wisdom and creativity.

ride on men for the good job.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 9:40am On Nov 11, 2007
Any contact number of anybody around Ikeja-Ogba area who install free-on-air.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:31pm On Nov 11, 2007
@ ayusman
Guy try this nairalander perhaps he might b willing to help.
Name is Iretunde; on 8906836 & 08035324914.

NOTE: Not that av installed my self but i got his number on this thread and we had a discourse in the past,cheers!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2007
Vickivicki:

@ ayusman
Guy try this nairalander perhaps he might b willing to help.
Name is Iretunde; on 8906836 & 08035324914.

NOTE: Not that av installed my self but i got his number on this thread and we had a discourse in the past,cheers!

Thanks man. I really appreciate. Would call him.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2007
mdsocks:

Hi jujukemist

Bros,
Longest time av been following up on this our topic but av been taking my time on the decision to make on it all,considering the cost am still hanging on cos of the numerous pressing needs on ground.
Thanx as always.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2007
@ ayus
Let's chat on the Hitv thread.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ayusman16(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2007
no wahala.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2007
My commendation to Jujuchemist and Enigma for their contributions on this topic. Can any one tell me how to connect two lnbs on a dish facing west (Nilesat position for example) to also receive signal from another satelite in the east. Some one says it is possible, but I do not know how to hook up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2007
am coming, i just resumed for office ooooo, make i just tidy things up
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 11:27am On Nov 12, 2007
Hey Guys,

Una weldone, I can see there are lots of threads ongoing in the house, good info been sheared and knowledge increasing. keeep it up.
just came back after a long break.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2007
Tinkin_guy:

Hey Guys,

Una weldone, I can see there are lots of threads ongoing in the house, good info been sheared and knowledge increasing. keeep it up.
just came back after a long break.

Bros welcome,anything for ya people?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2007
Hi all free-to-air knowledged ones,

after so much deliberations on my personal thinking, seems like i will be resorting to the 1.2m dish in lagos, nigeria,
i will like to know know the best satellite to point to using this dish size.

Your opinions will highly be appreciated.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2007
BUTONEDAY:

My commendation to Jujuchemist and Enigma for their contributions on this topic. Can any one tell me how to connect two lnbs on a dish facing west (Nilesat position for example) to also receive signal from another satelite in the east. Some one says it is possible, but I do not know how to hook up.
Bros, go back on this thread, you will find tips. I am also planning to put a video or a picture of my dish setup on this forum, so that you guys can have a practical description. What is your dish size? set you dish facing west-hang your ku lnb in the middile using the tripod attachment. Then,after connecting your coxial cable to the lnb,to the reciever, to the TV, then elevate your dish by11 to 13 cm horizontal, be watching the tv-if you are lucky, the decoder indicator turns green, then you lock the knob,
Correction please: MTV on nilesat is at freq 11.977 V.
Nollywood can also be gotten on Intel 801 satellite, positions beside the ku lnb capturing nilesat.
As at Friday night the Irdeto2 software has been patched-therefore the unlocked channels will go back locked
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 13, 2007
jujukemist:

Bros, go back on this thread, you will find tips. I am also planning to put a video or a picture of my dish setup on this forum, so that you guys can have a practical description. What is your dish size? set you dish facing west-hang your ku lnb in the middile using the tripod attachment. Then,after connecting your coxial cable to the lnb,to the reciever, to the TV, then elevate your dish by11 to 13 cm horizontal, be watching the tv-if you are lucky, the decoder indicator turns green, then you lock the knob,
Correction please: MTV on nilesat is at freq 11.977 V.
Nollywood can also be gotten on Intel 801 satellite, positions beside the ku lnb capturing nilesat.
As at Friday night the Irdeto2 software has been patched-therefore the unlocked channels will go back locked

@ jujukemistry, abi na physics sef?

who are those doing patching and re-patching of all these video codecs?

Good morning to you all, i still dey come oooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2007
Where are all the satellite guys for this forum now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2007
@ Enitan

What is "patched" is the receiver; it simply means loading different software on the receiver from the one that came with it originally (usually the later software will enable you to watch more channels than the original). It can be done by anyone; over here many people patch their own receivers themselves though you can pay someone to do it.

How it works: you have to download two different software; the first is the "Loader" which you will use to load the main software to the receiver; the second is the latest "patch" software itself. Then you need the right cable with which to connect your computer to the receiver. When the time comes for you to patch a receiver, come back and we'll talk you through it.

@ Butoneday

You need to give more information: in which part of the country are you; what type and size of dish do you want to use; and what other satellite apart from Nilesat are you planning to receive. This info is necessary to be able to advise further.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
Enigma:

@ Enitan

What is "patched" is the receiver; it simply means loading different software on the receiver from the one that came with it originally (usually the later software will enable you to watch more channels than the original). It can be done by anyone; over here many people patch their own receivers themselves though you can pay someone to do it.

How it works: you have to download two different software; the first is the "Loader" which you will use to load the main software to the receiver; the second is the latest "patch" software itself. Then you need the right cable with which to connect your computer to the receiver. When the time comes for you to patch a receiver, come back and we'll talk you through it.

@ Butoneday

You need to give more information: in which part of the country are you; what type and size of dish do you want to use; and what other satellite apart from Nilesat are you planning to receive. This info is necessary to be able to advise further.

thanks for that info
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2007
Patched, also, in this context connotes the fact that, the owners of the Irdeto2 software on the strong reciever has found a way to beat the hackers, who caused them to lose revenue,by modyfying the software, so that 6969 would be invalid.
Thanks Enigma for our constructive contributions-At least we are no longer fighting anymore. I believe this is the best thread on Nairaland,because it is IT oriented and we as africans are learning a lot here.It also brings out the research potentials in some of us to be abreast with happinings in the Digital World
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2007
jujukemist:

Patched, also, in this context connotes the fact that, the owners of the Irdeto2 software on the strong reciever has found a way to beat the hackers, who caused them to lose revenue,by modyfying the software, so that 6969 would be invalid.
Thanks Enigma for our constructive contributions-At least we are no longer fighting anymore. I believe this is the best thread on Nairaland,because it is IT oriented and we as africans are learning a lot here.It also brings out the research potentials in some of us to be abreast with happinings in the Digital World

hi jujuphysics,

i'm planning of getting a 90cm dish, lnb and strong decoder 4653X today and am planning of facing nss7 at 22 W,

tell me am i going to enjoy that? pls kindly reply me as fast as possible.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2007
grin Enitan, I go wound you oooooooooo! why u de call me jujuphysics? if u forget, the name is JUJUKEMIST cool
ehehn! back to your qes.The issues are do you know the channels on nss7c, hope you know that 90cm dish will give you limited channels. What is yourr chief reason for using 90cm and facing west etc I have to know these things before I pinpoint your pschological cordinates
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2007
jujukemist u mean showtime has been encrypted back since on friday,plz inform me when it been hacked again.another thing is re u able to motorize nilesat with other satellite if it possible plz explain.plz when directeing pple on the size of dish to buy to be able to get nilesat mostly pple in south plz always tell them is pan dish not net dish cos net dish is the most popular here.
u mention about someone in warri who was able to get nilesat using 2.4m strong pan dish,plz i wan to get the details where he bought it and how much,is the dish polar mount or down mount?is it motorized dish?was he able to get all the channels u get in north in nilesat.plz i need details cos these is bringing a lot of doubt with my pple down here in ph.thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.