Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (33920 Views)

Marketers Will Pay Naira For Dangote Fuel, Says IPMAN / Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by fergie001: 9:59pm On Jun 04, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Y8BYReoas

Dangote’s fuel production monopoly and non-functioning refineries limit market competition. Without other players in the sector, petrol prices may reach N1,000/Litre by December.

The NLC stands united on strike action as it has issued strike directives to its members. Reports of division within the NLC are baseless. The NLC remains firm in its decision, and the strike is forthcoming.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Wodu89: 10:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
God Bless You Joe. tell them

280 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Dotherightthing: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Rubbish!

Subsidy is gone!!

Ask for pay rise!!!

91 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by kingsways: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
It makes no sense to say market forces will determine price when you have only one supplier in the market

397 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
This IMO state guy is just being partisan. Everyone knows BUA will also finish his refinery next year.

What are the other options this country has? Government can’t run any business. All their refineries keep swallowing money & is useless.

Subsidy is a pit that also swallows money wt no benefit for expansion. Subsidy is gone. The goal is increasing states revenue generation and providing a living minimum wage.

143 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by LegendHero(m): 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
How is Dangote going to be a monopoly?

The man also spoke about Dangote cement being a monopoly. Is this man so daft? What about Lafarge, BUA, and etc? Are they also owned by Dangote?

So na the man wey dey head NLC be this? It’s obvious he dosen’t even understand what he is saying.

284 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by richidinho(m): 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dangote refinery will start work in 2025

Forget the lies they are telling you, that refinery is still @ 65% completion

191 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Vischy: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Rubbish!

Subsidy is gone!!

Ask for pay rise!!!

Kk

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by richidinho(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:
This IMO state guy is just being partisan. Everyone knows BUA will also finish his refinery next year.

What are the other options this country has? Government can’t run any business. All their refineries keep swallowing money & is useless.

The BUA refinery in Akwa Ibom is only 0.5% completion grin

They are still clearing bush where it will be cited

247 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
LegendHero:

The man also spoke about Dangote cement being a monopoly. Is this man so daft? What about Lafarge, BUA, and etc? Are they also owned by Dangote?

So na the man wey dey head NLC be this? It’s obvious he dosen’t even understand what he is saying.

Normal northphobia propaganda. Oya u guys claim to be business men, enter the essential commodities market and compete na. You want to bring down the ones dt decided to do something.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Vischy: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
LegendHero:

You can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by pocohantasgspot: 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Boring government

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by ambale(m): 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:

Subsidy is a pit that also swallows money wt no benefit for expansion. Subsidy is gone. The goal is increasing states revenue generation and providing a living minimum wage.

See the excuse you are giving for the failures of the governments you spend heavy taxes to cater for

So government cannot handle simple issues that private owners can and we should celebrate them for that🤣

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
richidinho:

The BUA refinery in Akwa Ibom is only 0.5% completion grin

They are still clearing bush where it will be cited

Lies won’t get u anywhere.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by FreeStuffsNG: 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
You will soon calm down when reality of the division in NLC hits you.

155 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by nairalanda1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Well, considering that 20 other refining licences were issued the question is, why didn't the other refining licences start work?

The cold reason is because subsidy meant that there won't be profits made from selling the petrol refined at any refinery. It is the main reason why we lost all our NNPC refineries...because we were cutting corners to keep costs low....and by extension subsidy costs low.

Dangote was the only one who took a risk. And he got loans from the banks to do so...because the banks know that in case of failure, they would just take over his businesses and pay themselves their money back. Simple.

The cold fact is that keeping petrol at a cost below the production price is why most of the refinery licence owners...except for the one in Edo, the BUA refinery and a few others, did not start work,

Hopefully, things will change with the refinery coming up.

Notice.

From now on, I won't be responding to any quote or comments addressed to me about the subsidy thing on this site. I have discovered that it is a waste of time, as 80% of commenters are only interested in abusing me, or calling me names or subtly implying that I support evil or oppressors, or something.

At the end of the day, you cannot come and be quoting me and accusing me of 'thinking through my anus' or 'being a dullard' or 'being an slowpoke'. I do not abuse anyone, nor do I curse anyone on this site. If I were to return the abuse people have given me on this site they would be very upset.

I understand why people are upset about this subsidy thing. I myself am not happy at all. But as things stand, we are no longer the master of our destiny in this thing. When you are borrowing to pay for something.....isn't it time one stopped.

For those interested in why I think the way I do, I suggest you google for the article : Reflections on the fuel subsidy at the Nigeria Guardian's website.

And any abusive language will henceforth be reported to the moderators.

Good evening.

The Nairalanda.

134 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 10:21pm On Jun 04, 2023
ambale:

See the excuse you are giving for the failures of the governments you spend heavy taxes to cater for

So government cannot handle simple issues that private owners can and we should celebrate them for that🤣
Who asked u to celebrate the government? Reading comprehension.

Governments have no business handling business. Yaradua should have never reversed the sale of the 3 public refineries obasanjo sold. Obasanjo made the right decision - that was good governance. And if you want to compete enter the industry. Nobody is stopping anybody. Just because u don’t have the capacity to does not mean dangote should not venture into the business. Grow up.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Vinnie2000(m): 10:35pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hahaha.

I, Vinnie2000 has been PROVED RIGHT in one of my Thread.
I knew it. sad

This Evil APC/Tinubu govt wants to use this subsidy removal to Milk Nigerians,
while Lying that new refineries will be Built.😕

Dat's how same Dangote caused cement price to Skyrocket from N950 to N4000 today.😒

The Man is a MONSTER, abeg! undecided

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Flangelo12: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
kingsways:
It makes no sense to say market forces will determine price when you have only one supplier in the market

Did government ban importation?

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by jmoore(m): 10:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:

Chinese government owns and operate more than 38 refineries in China.
If your government can't run a business, then they can't run a government too.

Your corrupt politicians sold you a lie that government can't run a business. China that is doing it, do they have extra brains in their heads?

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by OfoIgbo: 10:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:

Peter Obi additionally proposed granting licences to modular refineries. That would have been a game changer as
1. They will be operating in naira
2. The fact that there will be a number of them will automatically guarantee competition with the resultant low price of fuel, perhaps even around the N100 per litre level or less

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by hisexcellency34: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
That's why Dangote is kneeling down in front of Tinubu

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by flokii: 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
I believe President Tinubu won't allow such... the man is pro-Nigeria and monopoly in whatsoever form is anti-Nigeria and anti-people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Ofunaofu: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
kingsways:

Tell them o

Ask them whether cement is cheap even when the major raw material is here

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by ambale(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:

Who asked u to celebrate the government? Reading comprehension.

Governments have no business handling business. Yaradua should have never reversed the sale of the 3 public refineries obasanjo sold. Obasanjo made the right decision - that was good governance. And if you want to compete enter the industry. Nobody is stopping anybody. Just because u don’t have the capacity to does not mean dangote should not venture into the business. Grow up.

So what exactly is the job of the government?

Looting and sponsoring thugs right? You are the one that needs to really grow up

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Ofunaofu: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
richidinho:
Dangote refinery will start work in 2025

Forget the lies they are telling you, that refinery is still @ 65% completion

So What you are implying is that what was commissioned by Buhari was just a"ribbon cutting" while the construction was still going on

Wahala

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Jennie002: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
But why??
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Peter Obi additionally proposed granting licences to modular refineries. That would have been a game changer as
1. They will be operating in naira
2. The fact that there will be a number of them will automatically guarantee competition with the resultant low price of fuel, perhaps even around the N100 per litre level or less

They have already granted licenses to several modular refineries. Don’t argue if you’re not up to date or know nothing about a conversation.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by richidinho(m): 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So What you are implying is that what was commissioned by Buhari was just a"ribbon cutting" while the construction was still going on

Wahala

I can bet on this, he rushed to commission it like it was a govt property grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by OfoIgbo: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
renderme:

They have already granted licenses to several modular refineries. Don’t argue if you’re not up to date or know nothing about a conversation.

Are those modular refineries online presently? Because if they are not, just consider them another yahoo-yahoo promise from the Buhari/Tinubu stables.

No wonder Obi is considering issuing those licences to people who are currently refining illegally. At least there's a proof they can refine

Obis proposal remains the best

161 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by slivertongue: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
kingsways:

Exactly what APC supporters have refused to interrogate

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Meets David Cameron In London / Buhari & Tyranny : I Have Been Vindicated - Reno Omokri! See Why / Photo Of Governor Adams Oshiomhole And His Friends Jogging On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.