Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero (33954 Views)

Marketers Will Pay Naira For Dangote Fuel, Says IPMAN / Seven Major Marketers Get Approval To Sell Dangote Fuel / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by renderme: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Are those modular refineries online presently? Because if they are not, just consider them another yahoo-yahoo promise from the Buhari/Tinubu stables.

No wonder Obi is considering issuing those licences to people who are currently refining illegally. At least there's a proof they can refine

Obis proposal remains the best
Arguing wt a delusional obidient. Be gone.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Vinnie2000(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
.. ote author=hisexcellency34 post=123577766]That's why Dangote is kneeling down in front of Tinubu [/quote]

EXACTLY.šŸ‘

When I saw that Picture, I knew the 2 + their Cronies wants to use Subsidy Removal to Rip-off Nigerians!šŸ˜”šŸ˜’

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Vinnie2000(m): 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
flokii:
I believe President Tinubu won't allow such... the man is pro-Nigeria and monopoly in whatsoever form is anti-Nigeria and anti-people.

You are so NAIVE.šŸ™

I suspect you are a Yoruba Boy! smiley

This is NOT Tinubu of Alliance for Democracy (AD) or Tinubu of 2002.

He has Changed and now in APC, surrounded by Criminals, Evil Capitalists and Political Devils. šŸ˜•šŸ˜’

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by seborrhic: 11:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
The one of Dangote is a fact.
I have been drumming it to the hears of people even last year when this Dangote refinery issue came up.
I posted in this forum on various threads that no one should expect Dangote to sell fuel at ā‚¦185.I was even generous then when I opined that fuel from Dangote would sell at nothing less than ā‚¦300-ā‚¦400.
Even in areas where Dangote has a bit of co-player,cement,he has muscled other minor players to be fixing prices at higher rates because the other players can meet only 10-20% of demand while he controls at least 70%.
Now imagine fuel,an essential product where he would be the only player since sourcing dollar at market rate to import fuel would be more like economic bankruptcy!Added to the fact he has massive debts to pay,in foreign currency!!
ā‚¦1000 or even ā‚¦1200 by December is highly possible.

19 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by N3TRAL: 12:04am On Jun 05, 2023
seborrhic:
The one of Dangote is a fact.
I have been drumming it to the hears of people even last year when this Dangote refinery issue came up.
I said in these forum on various threads that no one should expect Dangote to sell fuel at ā‚¦185.I was even generous then when I opined that fuel from Dangote would sell at nothing less than ā‚¦300-ā‚¦400.
Even in areas where Dangote has a bit of Co player,cement,he has muscled other minor players to be fixing prices at higher rates because the other players can meet only 10-20% of demand.
Now imagine fuel,an essential product where he would be the only player since sourcing dollar at market rate to import fuel would be more like economic bankruptcy!

Prices of Petroleum products are governed by OPEC. As a member state of OPEC , for instance, an oil company in Nigeria should not be selling lower than Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia.

The oil prices are fixed by OPEC. They're international. If a barrel of crude oil is 10$, Dangote won't be buying it from Nigeria at $5. He'll be buying it at 10$. When we bring the factors of comparative advantage and the economies of scale, the cost of production in Nigeria should ordinarily be higher.

Dangote's refinery is projected to export its output to African countries and he cannot sell to them below the international prices. The refinery cannot also sell to Nigeria at a lower price because Nigerian smugglers will benefit from such arbitrage system which could see neighboring countries get more supplies than Nigeria as neighboring countries would be getting cheaper fuel from a Nigerian refinery than anywhere else in the world through the backdoor.

If the price from Dangote refinery changes from the price of imported fuel, it would be because of logistic and transportation reasons. Like elimination of the cost of shipping which would mean not more than 30 to 50 naira difference. Dangote's refinery is to improve our balance of payment as a country and prevent a balance of payment deficit but not to make fuel cheaper through another form of subsidy.

The NLC chairman is empty and his opinion is not without prejudice.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by msquarewld(m): 12:10am On Jun 05, 2023
What baffles me most in Nigeria is that a lot of us are too sentimental to actually reason well. If not, how we do not see that our refineries are not working because of this organized crime call subsidy.
The fact remains that, if different aspects of our economy is to develop, going forward this is a step in the right direction.
Believe me, with subsidy gone, watch and see our refineries working in no time.
LegendHero:
How is Dangote going to be a monopoly?

The man also spoke about Dangote cement being a monopoly. Is this man so daft? What about Lafarge, BUA, and etc? Are they also owned by Dangote?

So na the man wey dey head NLC be this? Itā€™s obvious he dosenā€™t even understand what he is saying.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Ventura1: 12:19am On Jun 05, 2023
There is cost benchmark for refining a barrel of crude worldwide, hence Dangote refinery cannot unilaterally increase it, even, other African countries will not patronize it

Not to forget that Nigeria government have 20% stakes in the refinery.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Harddiskng(m): 12:19am On Jun 05, 2023
I mentioned this before years ago in my previous comments, Dangote is bad for Nigeria.

Any industry Dangote enters sees prices spiraling out of control for the consumer. Thatā€™s its M.O.

Yā€™all havenā€™t seen anything yet, let that refinery go into full swing first.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:22am On Jun 05, 2023
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Y8BYReoas

Nothing stops NLC from building its own competing refineryā€¦
But we canā€™t wait for the FG to endlessly ā€œrehabilitateā€ its 3 refineries.

>

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:26am On Jun 05, 2023
msquarewld:
What baffles me most in Nigeria is that a lot of us are too sentimental to actually reason well. If not, how we do not see that our refineries are not working because of this organized crime call subsidy.
The fact remains that, if different aspects of our economy is to develop, going forward this is a step in the right direction.
Believe me, with subsidy gone, watch and see our refineries working in no time.

There are thousands of NLC members ā€œworkingā€ at those refineriesā€¦
>

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by chukiz(m): 12:27am On Jun 05, 2023
Everyone has an opinion, the First thing to do is to kill corruption, as long as we have corrupt president, politicians, the masses are wasting there time, because subsidy or no subsidy politicians will still loot, nobody will shit about it. No stable electricity, no road, no school, no healthcare, absolutely nothing,

My advice is japa Nigeria is a sinking ship, thanks to our politicians.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by tsdarkside(m): 12:29am On Jun 05, 2023
Ofunaofu:

So What you are implying is that what was commissioned by Buhari was just a"ribbon cutting" while the construction was still going on

Wahala

yes....
na so politicians be....

very useless people....no exceptions....
Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by mdshell(m): 12:29am On Jun 05, 2023
Onye ashi!! Your corrupt politicians will LOOT the money. Hold yourself accountable for the years of refinery maintenance claims first

renderme:
This IMO state guy is just being partisan. Everyone knows BUA will also finish his refinery next year.

What are the other options this country has? Government canā€™t run any business. All their refineries keep swallowing money & is useless.

Subsidy is a pit that also swallows money wt no benefit for expansion. Subsidy is gone. The goal is increasing states revenue generation and providing a living minimum wage.

9 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:31am On Jun 05, 2023
Harddiskng:
I mentioned this before years ago in my previous comments, Dangote is bad for Nigeria.

Any industry Dangote enters sees prices spiraling out of control for the consumer. Thatā€™s its M.O.

Yā€™all havenā€™t seen anything yet, let that refinery go into full swing first.

Thereā€™s NO law against anyone else building a refineryā€¦
In fact, about 28 licenses for private refineries have been granted since 2000.

Accordingly, even you are free to build a refinery and GIVE AWAY the products!
grin
>

5 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Topmaike007(m): 12:31am On Jun 05, 2023
N3TRAL:

Prices of Petroleum products are governed by OPEC. As a member state of OPEC , for instance, an oil company in Nigeria should not be selling lower than Saudi Aramco in Saudi Arabia.

The oil prices are fixed by OPEC. They're international. If a barrel of crude oil is 10$, Dangote won't be buying it from Nigeria at $5. He'll be buying it at 10$. When we bring the factors of comparative advantage and the economies of scale, the cost of production in Nigeria should ordinarily be higher.

Dangote's refinery is projected to export its output to African countries and he cannot sell to them below the international prices. The refinery cannot also sell to Nigeria at a lower price because Nigerian smugglers will benefit from such arbitrage system which could see neighboring countries get more supplies than Nigeria as neighboring countries would be getting cheaper fuel from a Nigerian refinery than anywhere else in the world through the backdoor.

If the price from Dangote refinery changes from the price of imported fuel, it would be because of logistic and transportation reasons. Like elimination of the cost of shipping which would mean not more than 30 to 50 naira difference. Dangote's refinery is to improve our balance of payment as a country and prevent a balance of payment deficit but not to make fuel cheaper through another form of subsidy.

The NLC chairman is empty and his opinion is not without prejudice.
my own is Will they utilise the money generated from fuel subsidy well because the one that they removed from kerosene and diesel we haven't seen anything from it and we were just borrowing and owing nations debt

14 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by joyandfaith: 12:31am On Jun 05, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Rubbish!

Subsidy is gone!!

Ask for pay rise!!!

It is not rubbish. Removal of subsidy is good but not in monopolistic economy.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by tsdarkside(m): 12:32am On Jun 05, 2023
9jaRealist:

Thereā€™s NO law against anyone else building a refineryā€¦
In fact, about 28 licenses for private refineries have been granted since 2000.

Accordingly, even you are free to build a refinery and GIVE AWAY the products!
grin
>

buildin refineries is not a small thing oo....

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by franchasofficia: 12:32am On Jun 05, 2023
Dangote is scamming Nigerians through Federal Government.

Dangote refinery is not even 70% ready, he hurriedly deceived Buhari to commission it to get more FOREX at CBN rate which is how Aliko Dangote and others like him have been making money off Nigerians.

Dangote will set up big company like oil refinery, cement plant, etc in the guise of helping to grow Nigeria's economy while shortchanging his Nigerian staffs who always resign and move to better firms, and then he hires plenty expatriates and quote high salaries in USD for these idle expatriates he uses as conduit to get dollar from CBN at CBN official rate which he goes to sell at black market rate to make billions.

Dangote Refinery isn't starting PMS refining anytime soon until around 2025 because even the cracker he hurriedly told Indians and Chinese to test run failed.

Are you dumb Nigerians not aware that Dangote applied for Petrol importation license last year and have gotten it? Why is someone building Petrol refinery still applying for PMS importation license and built massive tank farms at Ibeju Lekki?

We know their secrets and that is why they hate us for always exposing and daring them.

Dangote is deceiving you all while FG helps him to make billions off Nigerian people's sufferings and tears. Una eyes go soon clear

18 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2023
richidinho:
Dangote refinery will start work in 2025

Forget the lies they are telling you, that refinery is still @ 65% completion
onatisi:
the way it was hurriedly commissioned shows that buhari just wanted to do it while he was still in office, it is obvious the refinery isn't ready yet for full operation.

ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

The refinery began test-running earlier in the yearā€¦
It started receiving crude last month (May), and should discharge products in Q3

>

5 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by N3TRAL: 12:34am On Jun 05, 2023
Topmaike007:
my own is Will they utilise the money generated from fuel subsidy well because the one that they removed from kerosene and diesel we haven't seen anything from it and we were just borrowing and owing nations debt

From Next year's budget, we hope to see billions that used to be previously appropriated for fuel subsidy allocated to human capital development, power (energy), security, salaries and off course, Debt servicing.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by blowjohn(m): 12:35am On Jun 05, 2023
renderme:
This IMO state guy is just being partisan. Everyone knows BUA will also finish his refinery next year.

What are the other options this country has? Government canā€™t run any business. All their refineries keep swallowing money & is useless.

Subsidy is a pit that also swallows money wt no benefit for expansion. Subsidy is gone. The goal is increasing states revenue generation and providing a living minimum wage.

Why can't they grant licences to people to produce and sell?
Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Ezmans: 12:36am On Jun 05, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Rubbish!

Subsidy is gone!!

Ask for pay rise!!!
who I'll pay
Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by N3TRAL: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2023
blowjohn:

The licenses are not granted free of charge. Not everyone has what it takes to get the license. If you're capable, you'll get the license when you apply for it.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:37am On Jun 05, 2023
tsdarkside:

grin grin grin
>
Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by SmartyPants(m): 12:37am On Jun 05, 2023
kingsways:
It makes no sense to say market forces will determine price when you have only one supplier in the market

How can there be only one supplier? There so any companies with import licenses, and they just called for more applicants.

Dont you follow the news?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by tsdarkside(m): 12:37am On Jun 05, 2023
franchasofficia:
Dangote is scamming Nigerians through Federal Government.

Dangote refinery is not even 70% ready, he hurriedly deceived Buhari to commission it to get more FOREX at CBN rate which is how Aliko Dangote and others like him have been making money off Nigerians.

Dangote will set up big company like refinery, cement, etc and hire plenty expatriates and quote high salaries in USD for these idle expatriates he uses to get dollar from CBN at CBN rate which he goes to sell at black market rate to make billions.

Dangote Refinery isn't starting PMS refining anytime soon until around 2025 because even the cracker he hurriedly told Indians and Chinese to test run failed.

Are you guy aware Dangote applied for Petrol importation license last year and have gotten it? Why is someone building Petrol refinery still applying for PMS importation license and built massive tank farms at Ibeju Lekki?

We know their secrets and that is why they hate us for always exposing and daring them.

Dangote is deceiving you all while FG helps him to make billions off Nigerian people's sufferings and tears. Una eyes go soon clear

nigerias cant afford subsidy....thats just facts....
nigerians should be ready to pay international price for fuel....
because right now,nigeria doesnt produce refine enough for entire nigeria....

una are complainin....what about neighborin countries that cant produce enough too....

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by SmartyPants(m): 12:38am On Jun 05, 2023
blowjohn:

Of course they are doing that. As we speak the process is ongoing and it was announced publicly.
Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Ezmans: 12:39am On Jun 05, 2023
renderme:

you think refinery is mud house in your village

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by Adabestseason(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2023
There is a grand plan to hand-over the petroleum sector to some individuals,(cement,sugar)special exchange rate window, and others but how many NLC members own filling stations because all what i have seen self-first in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by blowjohn(m): 12:39am On Jun 05, 2023
tsdarkside:

Which licences did they give out?
Or u think it's only dangote that has money?

By the way, u think he uses his money to build his business?

Don't u know banks are the ones that fund his projects?

As urself are there no mega billionaires in Nigeria that can get loans frm banks to build refineries?

U think even peter obi cannot build one?
Or atiku?
Or some state governors?

Why is it only Dangote? Ask urself that question first.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote's Fuel Monopoly Risks Soaring Petrol Prices - Joe Ajaero by 9jaRealist: 12:39am On Jun 05, 2023
blowjohn:

They are/were at least 28 licenses granted for private refineries BEFORE Dangote Group was granted a licenseā€¦
>

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed / Police Commence Disciplinary Action Against DPO Who Punched EndSARS Protester / Rotimi Akeredolu Thanks Ondo Citizens For Prayers, Support During Ill-health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.