Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) (15251 Views)

Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..." / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) / Oshiomhole: I Would Have Sued Doctors That Wrongly Diagnosed My Wife, Clara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by MrNotAgain: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qthVatJa4Dg

Ex-Governor Adams Oshiomhole has justified the decision of President Bola Tinubu to announce the removal of fuel subsidy.

“During the last fuel crisis, I found myself paying N1,000 for a litre somewhere in Edo state, where I ran out of fuel and had to refuel in order to get back home,” Mr Oshiomhole stated. “I wasn’t the only one. Many people. You find people sleeping in the petrol stations.”

Mr Tinubu’s “subsidy is gone” pronouncement triggered a sudden surge in petrol pump price and panic buying across Nigeria.

Petrol pump prices now range from N488 to N540. Some areas reported that the pump price of petrol rose as high as N1,200.

Mr Oshiomhole told Channels TV Sunday night that the new president’s declaration was in order when asked if Mr Tinubu had carefully considered his “subsidy is gone” statement.

“It is not a sudden withdrawal because at the time the budget was announced, subsidy will end in June,” stated the former Edo governor.

The former NLC leader added, “Whether you reverse the policy today and bring it back in June, what is the difference? You know that assuming that the government announced that today the policy had been reversed until June, marketers will start hoarding, and the price will go even higher.”

Mr Oshiomhole, who led several protests against petrol price hikes, likened fuel subsidy removal to a life-saving surgery, admitting that “the response of NLC is legitimate.”

“Namely, this decision will lead to a higher cost of living. My take-home pay can no longer take me home. In leadership, you have to take tough but necessary decisions in order to save the patient,” explained the former Edo governor.

The ex-NLC president added, “When doctors carry out surgery, they know that there will be some pain, but the surgery is necessary to keep the patient alive. He would suffer pain in the short run, but in the long run, you hope that he would live longer. I think those are the issues not about whether you talk properly or you did it properly.”

NLC will go on a nationwide strike against sudden fuel subsidy removal without provisions for palliatives to cushion the effects of subsidy removal on the masses.

The National Union of Electricity Employees and Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria are expected to join the protest on Wednesday.

Source- https://gazettengr.com/i-bought-fuel-n1000-under-buhari-tinubus-subsidy-removal-decision-correct-oshiomhole/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by sonature1: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Did anyone expect him to come on national TV and criticize the government? Not possible!!

Politics brings out the worst in people who were hitherto considered sensible and intelligent.

165 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Dreal1247: 1:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
Politicians are just their for their selfish purposes. Trust them at your own peril.

126 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Madmohamed123: 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2023
If that terrorist still a president I don't think this duafu will talk against him.

Doo we expect atack because he is irrelevant no more power

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
grin
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Padipadi(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
What an ugly man.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Sunshine34(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
All I know is that FUEL SUBSIDY IS GONE FOR FOREVER AND FOR GOOD.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Jahwinaboy(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wahala
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Freshtruth(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
See this idiot that campaign vigorously for Buhari 2019 now coming out to say this y not say this when he was in power Nigerians calm shall . God bless John Rawlings of blessed memory I wish we can have your type in Nigeria invite all the corrupt politicians to Eagle square for dinner party and bomb them all grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Diligent1(f): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
The duty of government is to make life easy for people anything apart from this is failure.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by littlenzuki(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hm
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Thomthom(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
U have joined politics so u will support them. We hear, next

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by SenatePresdo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
They should stop granting any APC vagabond interview.

16 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Hambivert: 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
It doesn't matter who is the head, APC is a demonic party. Using the official exchange rate of Naira to the dollar, we are now buying a litre of fuel for above a dollar. It is not that expensive anywhere among the OPEC members.
Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world with more than half of her population leaving below a dollar per day. Yet government still make poorly thought out policies at the detriment of the people creating more hardship.
Their aim is to appear financially solvent to borrow more money that would end up being looted.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by goodness4ever(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Oshiomhole should be mindful of the way he talks in public.

The current fuel imbroglio is avoidable if the proper thing has been done. The masses should not be the one to bear the brunt.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by taretoofine(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Baba don switch goal post grin

People that voted them here are your messiahs

18 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by RingRoadMafia: 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
APC is a scourge on the world

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by 9jatriot(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Just for the records for those who remember, Oshomole was very vocal in 2011 in support of the removal of subsidy even though he was not in PDP then.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Ignatiusprince(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lol
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Edipet(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Na your driver play you street
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by NaijaCover(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Mindlog: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Same Oshiomhole? This life!😂😂😂

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Edembasilprutus(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Werey
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by meum: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
I have a questions to ask:

If subsidy were to end in the month of June as provided for in the budget, what then happens to the amount allocated for subsidy in the month of June since subsidy ended on the Inauguration Day?(They need to answer this question or we take it that their looting has been activated hence NLC should do the needful)

According to Osho “Whether you reverse the policy today and bring it back in June, what is the difference?” Are these people for real? If it were to be during GEJ’s regime they would have gathered at Ojota. Now they don’t want people to gather or go on strike.

The N1,000 he is referring to wasn’t the official pump price as approved by NNPCL. His argument doesn’t make sense. The case as at today is an official pump price as announced by NNPCL. This is a far cry from the N187 sold during GMB’s era. As a good citizen & a person of influence Osho should have used his position to arrest whoever sold fuel for him at an outrageous N1,000 when the official pump price was N187

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by ceejayluv(m): 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
This is someone that cried blue murder and protested when OBJ wanted to increase fuel price from 20 Naira to 40 Naira.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by judejprince: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
black man with bad mind just dey play

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Wodu89: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
With your money or people own, thief !

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by CodeTemplar: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lie lie.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by DesChyko: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
We gather dey
Re: Oshiomhole: I Paid Fuel N1,000 Under Buhari; Tinubu Subsidy Removal Good (Video) by Ahmeduana(m): 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
What you are saying is that if you as a former governor and recent senator can afford it, to hell with rest of Nigeria, government should remove the subsidy hell Will not fall! Ba? You be confirmed Olori buruku!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evidence Of Buhari Been A Religious Fanatic (PHOTO) / National Assembly To Buhari: Drop N500b Intervention Fund From Budget 2016 / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.