Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,028 members, 7,807,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart (1010 Views)

DESERVED OR NOT? Mikel Wins December Premiership African Award / Mikel Wins Fans Player Of The Year / Mikel Wins More Expert Praise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart by Relax101(m): 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
Eagles’ midfielder John Obi Mikel seem to have stamped his presence in the Chelsea midfield as coach Andre Villas-Boas has opted for younger blood to push up the Blues’ engine room.

AVB as he is fondly called, prefers the trio of Mikel, Ramires and Raul Meireles dropping Frank Lampard to the bench. Before the coming of the young Portuguese coach, Lampard was an untouchable, and Mikel could only hope for a chance to start for the Blues.

Mikel has been adding urgency to the Chelsea attack, with a number of runs from midfield and almost unprecedented spells in possession in advanced areas. Having built his reputation in recent years as a holding midfielder.

Eagles coach Samson Siasia welcomed the development. He had always advocated for Mikel to move to a new club so that he could achieve his potential as an attacking midfielder.

“It is a welcomed change from what we use to see,” Siasia said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/mikel-wins-avb%E2%80%99s-heart/
Re: Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart by MeGaStReEt: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2011
Relax101:

Eagles’ midfielder John Obi Mikel seem to have stamped his presence in the Chelsea midfield as coach Andre Villas-Boas has opted for younger blood to push up the Blues’ engine room.

AVB as he is fondly called, prefers the trio of Mikel, Ramires and Raul Meireles dropping Frank Lampard to the bench. Before the coming of the young Portuguese coach, Lampard was an untouchable, and Mikel could only hope for a chance to start for the Blues.

Mikel has been adding urgency to the Chelsea attack, with a number of runs from midfield and almost unprecedented spells in possession in advanced areas. Having built his reputation in recent years as a holding midfielder.

Eagles coach Samson Siasia welcomed the development. He had always advocated for Mikel to move to a new club so that he could achieve his potential as an attacking midfielder.

“It is a welcomed change from what we use to see,” Siasia said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/mikel-wins-avb%E2%80%99s-heart/

I am a Chelsea Fan and I love Mikel with all my heart. I dont agree with the bolded
Re: Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 01, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

I am a Chelsea Fan and I love Mikel with all my heart. I dont agree with the bolded
SUPPORTED and as a fellow chelsea fan,I am glad he has gotten wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than last year,this season alone,he has had close to 6 near misses with 2 balls hitting the post.cant rem mikel ever doing such.good for him.maybe nigerians will see the usefullness of developing his defensive skills now when he starts to add a little bit of attack to it but he should limit it,that joel obi boy is stamped number 10 all over him

(1) (Reply)

Keshi Bags CON + 10M While each Super Eagles Players Bags MON + 5M each From GEJ / . / Didier Drogba Not In Africa's Best Eleven.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.