Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike (36234 Views)

NLC, TUC Suspend Strike / NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike For 30 Days / Primaries: APC Reps Weigh Options, Suspend Planned Defections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by abc115: 11:00pm On Jun 05, 2023
The Nigerian Labour Congress, on Monday night, confirmed that it will no longer proceed with its nationwide strike planned for Wednesday.

The resolution was announced by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila and confirmed by the President of the Nigerian Labour Congress, Joe Ajaero, after a nearly six-hour meeting between the Federal Government and the organised labour at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

At Monday’s meeting, the parties agreed that “The NLC to suspend notice of strike forthwith to enable further consultations

https://punchng.com/breaking-nlc-suspends-planned-strike/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by abc115: 11:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
Subsidy is gone

God Bless President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

286 Likes 27 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by toneroforever(m): 11:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
June 19 is court date

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by Aonkuuse(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
I knew that the strike will not really hold though I don't believe that they were bribed.

Tinubu is a kind of someone who doesn't make noise but knows how to influence. The FG's negotiation team wasn't bad too.

210 Likes 23 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by lhordspy: 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lol. I never doubted for a second. Tinubu always come out ontop. Always a winner.

I knew it was initial gra-gra from NLC. I wonder how our IPOB brothers will react to this news now. Will they cancel and insult the NLC president for canceling the strike?

We will not and never return fuel subsidy. We will not borrow money to subsidize fuel for marketers, just for them to smuggle it into benin, ghana and other countries. While we Nigerians bear the brunt. We suffered scarcity, unavailability, still suffered high cost. Nah, Enough is Enough. We will rather channel the money into infrastructure, health and food production.

Nigeria will be great again.

238 Likes 24 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by Jorussia(m): 11:07pm On Jun 05, 2023
President Tinubu always come out victorious. I pray this man don't fail this country. The next is for CBN to move exchange to black market rate to stabilize another subsidy scam going on in the forex market.

169 Likes 15 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by seborrhic: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Given time, transport cost and related prices would normalise and reduce from the initial high levels because there would be adjustments and cost saving measures employed by people,forcing transporters to reduce their prices because of reduced patronage.
For eg,many people that work far from their residence would start squatting with friends or find temporary accommodation near their places of work,so if they go Monday they only return weekends.

89 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by raumdeuter: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jagaban the maestro

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by LeoDeKing: 11:11pm On Jun 05, 2023
Is a promise by Tinubu, the era of protracted strike in Nigeria is gone. Under the moustache of one effeminate voice clown, medical doctors went on strike for 13 complete months.

As far as Nigerian politics is concerned today, Tinubu is the champion.

I'm not exaggerating, the combination of Atiku and Peter Obi are not qualified to run errand for Tinubu in the world of politics.

222 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by Jorussia(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
seborrhic:
Given time, transport cost and related prices would normalise and reduce from the initial high levels because there would be adjustments and cost saving measures employed by people,forcing transporters to reduce their prices because of reduced patronage.
For eg,many people that work far from their residence would start squatting with friends or find temporary accommodation near their places of work,so if they go Monday they only return weekends.
I heard in Lagos its 150% hike in transport fare is that correct? here in Benin city its 50% maximum increase.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by NOC1(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
I know they will suspend it, majority of the masses are not on their side, people like Maupe of Channels who do criticize Tinubu came out openly to support the removal of Subsidy, even Charlyboy.

Every enlightened Nigeria will support the end to the useless subsidy.

Majority of Those who claim not to support the subsidy removal are hypocrites their mind is saying another thing and there mouth is saying another.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by seunmsg(m): 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
It was an unpopular strike that was doomed to fail. Suspending the proposed strike at this point is simply to save face.

185 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by FreeStuffsNG: 11:12pm On Jun 05, 2023
When Asiwaju Tinubu says e lo fokan bale, e lo fokan bale.

Lp ti lule again. Thank you Nigerians for standing on the mandate you gave Asiwaju Tinubu as your President.
Lp, Ajaero and Mr Obi just got served. Let's remain vigilant against anti democratic forces.
God bless Nigeria.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

176 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by abc115: 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jorussia:
I heard in Lagos its 150% hike in transport fare is that correct? here in Benin city its 50% maximum increase.
It depends...BRT is still the old price

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by bazoodo: 11:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
seunmsg:
It was an unpopular strike that was doomed to fail. Suspending the proposed strike at this point is simply to save face.
nah the court ordered them to suspend it

3 Likes

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by Acekidc4(m): 11:33pm On Jun 05, 2023
God Bless President Tinubu. This is highly Commendable. This is a brand new era

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by genkins(m): 11:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
abc115:
Subsidy is gone

God Bless President Bola Tinubu
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Paid machineries

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by genkins(m): 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jorussia:
President Tinubu always come out victorious. I pray this man don't fail this country. The next is for CBN to move exchange to black market rate to stabilize another subsidy scam going on in the forex market.
Oboy una plenty wey de do this dirty job oo

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by Jokerman(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by adioolayi(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
The man called Tinubu...

Hmmm....!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by omniwater: 12:04am On Jun 06, 2023
Shame to bad people who are determined to shut down Nigeria to prove a point.

Nigeria must survive and overcome the current security and economic challenges.

We are in good hands my people.
Fasten your seat belts to enjoy the ride.
The journey has promised to be a pleasant one.

God bless Nigeria!
God bless The President!!
and
God bless omniwater!!!

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by dgmoni123(m): 12:05am On Jun 06, 2023
Nice one
We have seen the difference between tinubu and clueless buhari that will wait until things get worst

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by iwaeda: 12:07am On Jun 06, 2023
abc115:
The Nigerian Labour Congres, on Monday night, confirmed that it will no longer proceed with its nationwide strike planned for Wednesday.

The resolution was announced by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila and confirmed by the President of the Nigerian Labour Congress, Joe Ajaero, after a nearly six-hour meeting between the Federal Government and the organised labour at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

At Monday’s meeting, the parties agreed that “The NLC to suspend notice of strike forthwith to enable further consultations

https://punchng.com/breaking-nlc-suspends-planned-strike/

Slave mode activated. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by LesbianBoy(m): 12:07am On Jun 06, 2023
It was expected so no need for some idiots here to brag about tinubu.

Going on strike for a new administration will look suspicious and this evil APC are ready to make it an ethnic issue. Infact I saw some of them already tweeting in that direction.

So this is the best thing. After months they can now go on strike if they want.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by richie240: 12:09am On Jun 06, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Is a promise by Tinubu, the era of protracted strike in Nigeria is gone. Under the moustache of one effeminate voice clown, some professionals went on strike for 13 complete months.

As far as Nigerian politics is concerned today, Tinubu is the champion.

I'm not exaggerating, the combination of Tinubu and Peter Obi are not qualified to run errand for Tinubu in the world of politics.

Azin ehn, if not for tribalism, it's even an insult to be mentioning obi's name where they mention pbat.

Can u imagine someone who criticized and even cursed obi for poor performance in Anambra suddenly idolizing d same obi when it came to making a choice btw him and bat.
Asin how nah?
May God save us in this country!

59 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NLC, TUC Suspend Planned Strike by plaindealer: 12:13am On Jun 06, 2023
grin

123 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Channels TV - Assessment Of Buhari's 365 Days In Office / EndSARS Protesters Besiege National Assembly / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.