Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

After NYSC, What's Next For Me? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / After NYSC, What's Next For Me? (683 Views)

NYSC: What To Expect When You Are Posted To Borno / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by Otimaxamito: 9:10am On Jun 06, 2023
Good day everyone, I will be needing your candid advice here,
I will be rounding up my one year mandatory service very soon. Though the journey has been stressful because I served as an assistant lecturer in one private institution but thank God I was able to saved up to about #200,000.
And as we are all aware, there is this particular question every Kopas do ask during this moment of our time which is: What Is Next After NYSC?
Meanwhile, my plans are as follows:

1. Getting a shop and start doing business, though renting a shop for a year here is about #150,000 and the business I want to venture into his phone accessory business.
BUT MY QUESTION HERE IS WILL #50,000 BE ENOUGH TO START A PHONE ACCESSORY BUSINESS?

2. Seeking to be retained where I served so as to save up better, though the paying is quite low, even below the minimum wage
BUT MY QUESTION IS DOES IT WORTH THE STRESS OF A UNIVERSITY GRADUATE TO BE EARNING BELOW THE MINIMUM WAGE?

3. Combining the two together as in, working in the institution and resuming back to my shop after the working hours which should be around 3 p.m.
BUT MY QUESTION IS WON'T THAT AFFECT MY PERSONAL BUSINESS, WON'T MY CUSTOMERS THINK I AM NONCHALANT TO MY BUSINESS?
Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by solmusdesigns: 9:13am On Jun 06, 2023
POS, DVD movies, Phone accessories

Have this ofline and also some online skills

Success of a business is in the amount of times you failed and come back stronger

Find a way to get a fixed income

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by HeartlessMan: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2023
Yahoo

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by AroOkigbo(m): 9:20am On Jun 06, 2023
Join the queue. .many others finished before you
Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by freemanq(m): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2023
My candid advice to you is to go and learn Hand work. I was once in ur situation and having worked with Airtel Nigeria not full staff though. The pay was poor I advised myself and pulled out,went to learn Hand work.(plumbing) with the Help God am married have a shop. Plz my Advice you should go and learn Hand work. I studied Banking and finance.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by ZAddyMaGista(m): 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey to financial freedom? If you're a beginner looking to make a splash in the world of affiliate marketing, then listen up! I have an irresistible offer that will captivate your attention and set you on the path to success.

Imagine a life where you can work from anywhere in the world, be your own boss, and earn a passive income that keeps growing month after month. Affiliate marketing is the key that unlocks this door to an extraordinary lifestyle, and I'm here to guide you every step of the way.

With affiliate marketing one of the sought after skills, you don't need to create your own product or worry about inventory, shipping, or customer support. Instead, you get to promote high-quality products and services created by others and earn generous commissions for every sale you generate. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Unlike traditional businesses, affiliate marketing requires minimal investment. All you need your smartphone and an internet connection to get started. You don't need prior marketing experience or technical expertise to succeed. With the right Blueprint and support I will be providing, you will become a successful affiliate marketer.
Now I dont know how much you might make as an Affiliate or how your life might change. Maybe you wanna be a Boss of your own, no work pressure, having liberty to be with your loved ones, whatever you want bottom line is when you take the right steps as an Affiliate, Anything is possible!.
Your hard work today can result in a steady stream of passive income forever.

But here's the best part – I'm offering you an exclusive opportunity to join our Affiliate Billionaires group. In this group you'll gain access to expert guidance, step-by-step tutorials, and insider secrets that will fast-track your success. You will be provide you with proven strategies, cutting-edge tools, and ongoing support to ensure you have all the resources you need to thrive.

Don't let this incredible opportunity slip through your fingers. Seize the opportunity to become a successful affiliate marketer and unlock a life of financial freedom.
Start your journey towards unlimited income potential!.Take the leap and join us now. Together, we'll conquer the affiliate marketing world and transform your life.
HIT ME l_ zero 8 1 four 3 four 2 six 8 2 two
Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by ZAddyMaGista(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
Otimaxamito:
I will be rounding up my one year mandatory service very soon. Though the journey has been stressful because I served as an assistant lecturer in one private institution but thank God I was able to saved up to about #200,000.
And as we are all aware, there is this particular question every Kopas do ask during this moment of our time which is: What Is Next After NYSC?

1. Getting a shop and start doing business, though renting a shop for a year here is about #150,000 and the business I want to venture into his phone accessory business.
BUT MY QUESTION HERE IS WILL #50,000 BE ENOUGH TO START A PHONE ACCESSORY BUSINESS?

2. Seeking to be retained where I served so as to save up better, though the paying is quite low, even below the minimum wage
BUT MY QUESTION IS DOES IT WORTH THE STRESS OF A UNIVERSITY GRADUATE TO BE EARNING BELOW THE MINIMUM WAGE?

3. Combining the two together as in, working in the institution and resuming back to my shop after the working hours which should be around 3 p.m.
BUT MY QUESTION IS WON'T THAT AFFECT MY PERSONAL BUSINESS, WON'T MY CUSTOMERS THINK I AM NONCHALANT TO MY BUSINESS?

To start with NYSC na Scam!. Every 3 months it churns out an alarming number of graduates into the over crowded labor market of which their success na on God. Learning a Skill be it digital or manual is the way forward. Decide on what you feel you can do and hit the pedal!

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by GboyegaD(m): 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
What were your plans for after school? I would say that is where to start.
That said, in case you are retained and the pay is not worth it, please do not accept such an offer. Focus on what you had in mind and work hard towards it.

1 Like

Re: After NYSC, What's Next For Me? by sonofthunder: 4:02am On Jun 29, 2023
Otimaxamito:

I think the shop idea is a brilliant one. Try and raise additional money. If the school idea doesn't work, you may end up spending from your savings, also if you get another job to save up for business, make sure either it's a good job, or try not to be caught up in the rat race.

God bless your efforts.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ordeal As An Adhoc/NYC Staff In The Ongoing Elections / Public Outrage As NYSC Posts Members To Borno And Yobe States / Is This Not Extremism In NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.