Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak (25247 Views)

Nigeria Correctional Services / Nigeria Prison Services / Senate Confirms The Nomination Of Haliru Nababa As CG, Correctional Service / Family Of Whistleblower Who Exposed Corruption In Yabatech Cries For Help. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by erico2k2(m): 10:35am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:
The Bad Things Experienced Working At Nigerian Correctional Service

Having worked at the Nigerian Correctional Service for sever years, I have noticed a lot of evil happening there which need the attention of the whole Nigeria and the presidency.

I will briefly highlight some of them here. Pls, if you have also experienced anything similar, kindly drop your comments.

Some of the bad things happening at the Nigerian Correctional Service include:

1. Poor working condition

2. Non implementation of harmonization of salary and rank with the Nigerian Police

3. Staff buying their official uniforms

4. Non payment of promotion arrears and other allowances

5. Irregularities in staff promotions

6. Non consideration of staff welfare

7. Under payment of promotion arrears, even when they decide to pay

8 A police inspector earns more than someone who is on the same rank with an assistant controller of corrections
None of your list contains anything to do with the welfare of the inmates.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AntiChristian: 10:36am On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

I didn't ask about payment. I asked...

1. How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you?

2. Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?

How are these related to my earlier submission?

I must agree you're really frustrated!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 10:40am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

How are these related to my earlier submission?

I must agree you're really frustrated!

Simple yes or no

1. How many times do you pray for Allah to.guide your tailor to sew your clothes well for you?

2. Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Reelmii: 10:41am On Jun 08, 2023
slowice:

But he's not that intelligent and lacks empathy
just pray for him...
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 10:41am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Tailors as well as network providers are paid for their services!

Is Tinubu not being paid for his services to Nigeria?

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 10:46am On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

I pay my tailor to do the job for me!
The network providers are being paid for the services they render!

Your argument seems rational yet illogical!

Is Tinubu working for nigeria for free? Is he not being paid?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Bfly: 10:51am On Jun 08, 2023
No sector is free of this. Enibalomò
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by cantiride2: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2023
He didn't talk about what they benefit from prisoners and visitors.Alot of them have exotic cars.
Naijaguy123:
Yes all maybe true but I also heard this correctional staffs are fantastically corrupt !

Some prisoners get to sleep with their wife’s from outside anytime they like. (Bribe)

Some live like king and they may not be interested in leaving the facility.

We read how some high ranking societal prisoners often go outside late night to enjoy peppersoup and prostitute , only to return to their cell before daybreak !

Sleeping with female prisoners ( Hundreds of babies were born in Nigeria prisons every year. Who fathered them ?

The list honestly is endless.

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by francotunsco: 11:05am On Jun 08, 2023
You are a selfish human being. Having worked at the correctional center for seven years. the only bad things you noticed centers around your salaries and emoluments alone. How the inmates are treated are well and good abi? Shame on you!
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by church123: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2023
Look at how selfish you can be.
You never mentioned the poor welfare conditions of inmates,all you cared for is staff welfare.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by kaffybabz(m): 11:38am On Jun 08, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Yes all maybe true but I also heard this correctional staffs are fantastically corrupt !

Some prisoners get to sleep with their wife’s from outside anytime they like. (Bribe)

Some live like king and they may not be interested in leaving the facility.

We read how some high ranking societal prisoners often go outside late night to enjoy peppersoup and prostitute , only to return to their cell before daybreak !

Sleeping with female prisoners ( Hundreds of babies were born in Nigeria prisons every year. Who fathered them ?

The list honestly is endless.

U have no idea of what you are saying bro.
All these are just bogus and baseless allegations.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Psoul(m): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

Having worked at the Nigerian Correctional Service for sever years, I have noticed a lot of evil happening there which need the attention of the whole Nigeria and the presidency.

I will briefly highlight some of them here. Pls, if you have also experienced anything similar, kindly drop your comments.

2. Non implementation of harmonization of salary and rank with the Nigerian Police

8 A police inspector earns more than someone who is on the same rank with an assistant controller of corrections

You did not say anything new. It happens everywhere.

I was thinking you wanted to tell us some of the hidden and dirty activities going on among the inmates, among the officers and/or staff or between the inmates and officers.

May be how some inmates are still having access and control over crimes happening outside.

So, what you listed up there is same thing happening everywhere in the country. Please write something new.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by mkoabiola: 11:39am On Jun 08, 2023
How can an inspector Cadre earn more than an assistant controller of prison

Lie lie boi

U re exaggerating boi

Stop d misinformation

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by insabarnur(m): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2023
This must come from a seasoned idiot
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by finallybusy: 11:43am On Jun 08, 2023
Nothing out of the ordinary here.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AntiChristian: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

Na you dey pay am?

How much did you pay for his services?
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by seunayantokun(m): 11:57am On Jun 08, 2023
It's sad to note the jailers have been jailed by Nigeria.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by AntiChristian: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
lexy2014:

You are not the one paying Tinubu like your Tailor or Network Provider!

If the tailor fumbles, i can decide to take my cloth to another tailor the next time. He will only lose customer! This is not like BAT.

There's competition in Business. If one is bad you can go to another! Politics is not comparable to these!

Chai! How old are you? lipsrsealed
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by slowice(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
Reelmii:
just pray for him...

I owe him and Nigeria that but it won't be enough
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Noblegraphix20(m): 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nawa ooo.

But the Government should do something naa.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Ten06(m): 12:06pm On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

They are not bothered because they are enjoying free bleeping up and down.
I haven't heard them complain any day

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by ledaman: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
olaniyilukman:
You are selfish and self centered, you highlights all those problems without mentioning single that affect the lives of millions of prisoners, is there living condition okay at all....
If you don't have meaningful contribution why can't you keep mute. Do you know the amount the F.G budget for feeding of inmates in Nigeria 2023 alone? 23 Billion naira @ the expense of Correctional officer's. Majority of Correctional officer's are in heavy loan just to meet financial responsibilities.
An Inspector in NPF is take home is 185 thousand, while an Inspector in Correctional service is 65 thousand do you expect him to give his best to the service?
We should be fair in analysis !
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by olaniyilukman(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2023
ledaman:
If you don't have meaningful contribution why can't you keep mute. Do you know the amount the F.G budget for feeding of inmates in Nigeria 2023 alone? 23 Billion naira @ the expense of Correctional officer's. Majority of Correctional officer's are in heavy loan just to meet financial responsibilities.
An Inspector in NPF is take home is 185 thousand, while an Inspector in Correctional service is 65 thousand do you expect him to give his best to the service?
We should be fair in analysis !
You are a fool and such character like you always portray Nigeria in bad light, there is institutional problems in Nigeria it doesn't limit to correctional service alone, I am all concerned about the welfare of prisoners not the useless officials
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Na you dey pay am?

How much did you pay for his services?

That's not what i asked you.

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by lexy2014: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
You are not the one paying Tinubu like your Tailor or Network Provider!

If the tailor fumbles, i can decide to take my cloth to another tailor the next time. He will only lose customer! This is not like BAT.

There's competition in Business. If one is bad you can go to another! Politics is not comparable to these!

Chai! How old are you? lipsrsealed

That still leaves the questions unanswered.

2. Or do you pray to Allah to guide your network providers before they give u network
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by ledaman: 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
olaniyilukman:
You are a fool and such character like you always portray Nigeria in bad light, there is institutional problems in Nigeria it doesn't limit to correctional service alone, I am all concerned about the welfare of prisoners not the useless officials
That shows how stupid and myopic you are in reasoning. If your mum or dad is working there you wouldn't have called them useless.
Hopeless kid
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by online4business: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
Celebrityblog:

You no talk the one you dey do for office... Las las everyone is selfish.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by generalud: 5:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
Delay in promoting officers who join the service with HND while their colleagues who join with B.Sc gets accelerated promotions as when due.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by ibinaboonline: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
I knew one woman wey dey work for there. One morning, na pickup dem take bring all sorts of stuff to her house, from brand new mattress to big cooking pots. Just assorted items, and I remembered stories of prison officers diverting donations for prison inmates. Not long after, the woman died on her sleep sha. I keep wondering what will now happen to all that goodies dem come pick for her house.

1 Like

Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by virginchaser(m): 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
Bad headline. Not single inmate concern.
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by obama99: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
The only solution is to hamonize the whole armed forces salaries and paramilitary.. so that you can have the paramilitary as a reserve for the military. Don't undermine the powers of the paramilitary as how they performed in Sudan earlier.

The singular act of giving police a service commission is a total rubbish as far as am concern. Let everyone be in the same page and you could be called up to assist or collaborate I. Different missions. Etc and it also easy for the government to adjust or review their salaries .
Re: The Corruption In Nigeria Correctional Service That's Led To Incessant Jailbreak by Nezero(m): 6:53am On Jun 09, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
Look at this Croc of an officer.

Thought you wanna report cases of sex exploitation by officers on some pretty little sis demons 😈 happening inside life there.

Na money 💰 matter dey worry you. Ok just resign.

You hear me abi

Nice point.

Everything he said revolved around his personal needs and wants. Not helpful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Become An Air Hostess? I Need Advice / God Has Done It For Me, I Just Got A Good Job / Welcome To My Office [RELOADED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.