Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead (58326 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo Is Foolish / 30-Year-Old Uche Annie Okonkwo Who Defeated Chidoka, In Rep Election / See Why Kenneth Okonkwo Is Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by OlawaleBammie: 4:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
Kcdojoto:
Like I said before his father did not influence his winning unlike someone I know who is a political chieftain then, his wife is a Senator, his daughter is an Iyaloja and his son controls the billboard.
Take it or leave it
they are in same boat oga, no exonerate anybody sir
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by MartinsD12(m): 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
IzunnaOkafor:
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

A former Senator who represented the Anambra Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Clement Annie Okonkwo (popularly known as Senator Annie Okonkwo), is dead.

Senator Okonkwo died on Wednesday after almost recovering from a brief illness.

His death, which came as a shock to many, occured just few days to the inauguration ceremony of his son, Uchenna Harris Okonkwo, who is the House of Representatives Member-elect for Idemili North and South Federal Constituency, Anambra State.

According to a source, “He was recovering after taking proper treatment in the United States of America but relapsed a few days ago, and died yesterday.”

“Further details and arrangements would be made known to the public after deliberations and meetings are held within the family.”

Senator Okonkwo, who was elected under the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), represented the Anambra Central District in the Sixth Assembly from 2007-2011.

He was also a former governorship aspirants during the 2010 governorship election in the State, but lost to the then incumbent governor, Peter Obi, who was re-elected.

Senator Okonkwo was born in May 23, 1960 in Ojoto, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

He obtained an Advanced Diploma in Marketing, University of Lagos (1994–1995), Advanced Diploma in Commercial Law and Practice, University of Lagos (1995–1997), and Advanced Diploma in Management, Harvard University, USA (1997–1998).

When he ventured into business, he built a conglomerate employing over 7,000 people that includes firms such as Reliance Telecomm, Clemco Industries, Modern Communications (satellite TV Network), MacClemm Marketing Communications, Sunflower Nigeria and Pentagon Oil.

After being elected as a Senator, he was appointed to committees on Upstream Petroleum Resources, Police Affairs, Environment and Agriculture.

He was the Senator who sponsored the bill for the Federal Government to make essential commodities accessible and affordable to Nigerians, as well as a bill to establish the Nigerians Citizens in Diaspora Commission.

Senator Okonkwo just recently celebrated his 63rd birthday in May 23 this year, before his death on Wednesday, June 7.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/former-anambra-senator-annie-okonkwo-dies-at-63/%3famp
He was a big man in anambra state politics, not just a big man but he groomed his son into politics, life is just vanity like king Solomon in the bible said , you get all the money , businesses, connections, political power and the next minute you are gone, leaving with nothing back to your maker, I wish human beings can understand that there is nothing in this life , live your life like tomorrow is not guaranteed, do good without season , help those you are better of, make an impact, don't treat people bad because of money rather use that money to bless the people let the people say good legacies about you when you are no more.

1 Like

Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by bigpicture001: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
th is man is an example of why Nigeria will never b good...

An astute entrepreneur who created big firms from.the scratch... instead of to consolidate on his business prowess, he folde up everything ,sold them all and delved into politics, cuz it pays better...leavi g over 7000 of his staffs stranded...

as long as Nigeria does not remove the heavy financy gains associated with politics over enterprises...Nigeria will never grow
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by Collins0609(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
Rip
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by DrAkpamudehe: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jman06:
He took "proper treatment" in the United States while our healthcare system is plundered and left in comatose.

Our political class are so thoughtless ehn. Fixing our health sector would serve them better since it'll be easier to access healthcare here as they'll be attended to by our own health professionals who understand them better. But they prefer sending out funds to keep growing the western nations.

It doesn't take much to fix things in our health sector. Just reorganize the leadership hierarchy of the sector by appointing competent administrators (who are not medical doctors) to manage our health institutions, so that funds going into the sector would be judiciously managed while industrial harmony would be entrenched.

Pls leave this man alone. He is not responsible for your failed healthcare system. He was already a multibillionaire before he joined politics, courtesy of his late wealthy father who was a trader at Aba. Stop all this nonsense please. You are hurting people who have been touched by this man positively with your fallacious statements
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by Kobicove(m): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
At 63 this guy wasn't even that old sad

1 Like

Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by Tzar(m): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
RIP. I hope the cancer wasn’t due to smoking.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by ArchiLimited: 4:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
olatade:

Go and see a doctor

Spot on prescription sir
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by Jman06(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

Pls leave this man alone. He is not responsible for your failed healthcare system. He was already a multibillionaire before he joined politics, courtesy of his late wealthy father who was a trader at Aba. Stop all this nonsense please. You are hurting people who have been touched by this man positively with your fallacious statements
Abegi! He what difference was he able to make while he was there as a senator? Nothing! He was there looting the money meant for upgrade of our healthcare system. The fact that he inherited his father's business didn't mean he never joined in looting our common patrimony.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by emmabest2000(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2023
inoki247:
Rip....

Man dey bear Annie I think say na woman name...

Na bad spelling
His real name is Anest ( Earnest ) and our people usually called those with that name Anni
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by sulorog(m): 5:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
This man is owning me 8months salary, when I work with this company called Reliance Telecom (Zoom mobile) in Lagos, before the company close down.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by djon78(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
IzunnaOkafor:
By Izunna Okafor, Awka

A former Senator who represented the Anambra Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Clement Annie Okonkwo (popularly known as Senator Annie Okonkwo), is dead.

Senator Okonkwo died on Wednesday after almost recovering from a brief illness.

His death, which came as a shock to many, occured just few days to the inauguration ceremony of his son, Uchenna Harris Okonkwo, who is the House of Representatives Member-elect for Idemili North and South Federal Constituency, Anambra State.

According to a source, “He was recovering after taking proper treatment in the United States of America but relapsed a few days ago, and died yesterday.”

“Further details and arrangements would be made known to the public after deliberations and meetings are held within the family.”

Senator Okonkwo, who was elected under the platform of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), represented the Anambra Central District in the Sixth Assembly from 2007-2011.

He was also a former governorship aspirants during the 2010 governorship election in the State, but lost to the then incumbent governor, Peter Obi, who was re-elected.

Senator Okonkwo was born in May 23, 1960 in Ojoto, Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

He obtained an Advanced Diploma in Marketing, University of Lagos (1994–1995), Advanced Diploma in Commercial Law and Practice, University of Lagos (1995–1997), and Advanced Diploma in Management, Harvard University, USA (1997–1998).

When he ventured into business, he built a conglomerate employing over 7,000 people that includes firms such as Reliance Telecomm, Clemco Industries, Modern Communications (satellite TV Network), MacClemm Marketing Communications, Sunflower Nigeria and Pentagon Oil.

After being elected as a Senator, he was appointed to committees on Upstream Petroleum Resources, Police Affairs, Environment and Agriculture.

He was the Senator who sponsored the bill for the Federal Government to make essential commodities accessible and affordable to Nigerians, as well as a bill to establish the Nigerians Citizens in Diaspora Commission.

Senator Okonkwo just recently celebrated his 63rd birthday in May 23 this year, before his death on Wednesday, June 7.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/former-anambra-senator-annie-okonkwo-dies-at-63/%3famp

Ah odogwu anaaa!!!
Clemco!!!

May his soul rest in peace 🙏
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by djon78(m): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
MartinsD12:

He was a big man in anambra state politics, not just a big man but he groomed his son into politics, life is just vanity like king Solomon in the bible said , you get all the money , businesses, connections, political power and the next minute you are gone, leaving with nothing back to your maker, I wish human beings can understand that there is nothing in this life , live your life like tomorrow is not guaranteed, do good without season , help those you are better of, make an impact, don't treat people bad because of money rather use that money to bless the people let the people say good legacies about you when you are no more.

True

I think the reason for money is to help those in need

Also one should be at peace with his Maker

I knew this Man very well
One of the money bags from my state Anambra

Has been a very wealthy man since I knew him close to 30 years ago

This life is vanity indeed
Nothing dey am
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by CarlosTheJackal: 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
jahsharon:

Now, tell us the meaning of those words that you copied from the dictionary.
I'd rather watch a paint dry than join words with a juvie.

Run along boy
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by simply22: 7:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by DrAkpamudehe: 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
MartinsD12:

He has made a name in the sands of time. His life was short but it helped to shape the lives of thousands of people in ojoto, Anambra, Nigeria and beyond, including me.

Na nu udo... Agunechemba

Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by kelspinall(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
RIP
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by DrAkpamudehe: 10:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jman06:
Abegi! He what difference was he able to make while he was there as a senator? Nothing! He was there looting the money meant for upgrade of our healthcare system. The fact that he inherited his father's business didn't mean he never joined in looting our common patrimony.

There is no man born of a woman from ojoto and idemili south, including me who can say that Annie Okonkwo didn't positively touch their lives. There is no young ojoto undergraduate at the time when clemco industries and reltel were still operating that would say they never did holiday jobs or got scholarships from Annie when he was very active. Either as a politician and as a business man, Annie is a great star that lightened the lives of thousands of igbos and yorubas in Anambra and Lagos . You can keep your foolish opinion in your pocket because Annie Okonkwo just as his late father will never be forgotten for decades to come.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by karmaolu1(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
Rich, poor last last everybody go kpai
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by Melagros(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
finallybusy:
Life ended. Time for his children to fight over property.
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by MartinsD12(m): 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2023
djon78:

True

I think the reason for money is to help those in need

Also one should be at peace with his Maker

I knew this Man very well
One of the money bags from my state Anambra

Has been a very wealthy man since I knew him close to 30 years ago

This life is vanity indeed
Nothing dey am
It's shocking though nothing dey this life , Good to know the man was good to his people when he was alive.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by MartinsD12(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2023
DrAkpamudehe:

He has made a name in the sands of time. His life was short but it helped to shape the lives of thousands of people in ojoto, Anambra, Nigeria and beyond, including me.

Na nu udo... Agunechemba
Good to hear that , nothing dey this life at all, it's vanity all through everything in this life.
Re: Senator Annie Okonkwo Is Dead by UbongJamesAkpan(m): 7:40am On Jun 09, 2023
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gay Nigerian Activist Bisi Alimi Shares His Compelling Story / Pictures Of Soldiers, Police At Mary Odili’s Residence In Abuja / Senator Ben-bruce Patronizes Innoson Motors (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.