Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma (44065 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / Father Oluoma: Ladies Virginity Is Not A Gift To Your Husbands / Pastor Adeboye Donates N10m To UCH Ibadan, Vows To Give N20m More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by nlfpmod: 12:45pm On Jun 08, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlFHYNnORGI

A Catholic priest in the Abuja Archdiocese, Rev. Fr. Chinenye Oluoma has disclosed that the popular gospel singer, Mercy Chinwo now charges N10 million to perform in churches.

He made this known while decrying how religious worship has become costly.

Speaking in a now trending video on social media, Father Oluoma berated gospel musicians who demand huge payments to perform in a place of worship.

Citing Mercy Chinwo as an example, the cleric, in a viral video, reiterated that the singer charges N10m as performance fee in churches.

We have made religious worship expensive. If I have to bring Mercy Chinwo to come here and sing, how much will I pay her? How much does a gospel artiste of Mercy Chinwo’s status charge to come to an event or in a Church, it has reached N10m now.

This is the tragedy that we have turned Christianity into, that an artiste will come to a church and lead in ten minutes praise and worship for N10m, N5m. So if that particular artiste doesn’t sing Jesus you love me too much, that means God didn’t love you too much?

And some people were asking should they be paid? Why didn’t you pay them? If you must bring them you must pay them because what you are bringing them for is entertainment. We have turned worship into entertainment.

“We have copied the world. In those days, those who composed songs we are still using for worshipping nobody even knows them
,” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/08/mercy-chinwo-now-charges-n10m-to-perform-in-churches-rev-fr-oluoma-slams-gospel-singers-video/

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by JasonScoolari: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
Outrageous!!! grin No more "Worshipping God in Spirit and Truth" for this gospel artists.

Worshipping God is now expensive.

How much do Dynamite, Midnight Crew and Infinity charge? I believe those one's are more cheaper.

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by felong(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Money de Jesus work o wink

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Felabrity: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
She is an entertainer
She get family to feed
And Fuel don cost

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by izzou(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
grin grin grin

It is a hustle for them, and that is why i hardly hold any of them to high esteem.

No difference between what they do, and what secular artistes do.

They just sing Gospel songs....Simple

Padre, no vex ehn grin

227 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Houseofglam7(f): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
😂🤣😂🤣😂😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by joinpreneur(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by abrahambest(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hhmmm smiley
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by sexyking1: 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2023
Religious Business.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
lol, offering go hear am

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by vikiphy89(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
No be small thing o

5 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by pocohantas(f): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
So?
Nigerians paid KimK thousands of dollars years ago to visit Nigeria for 10 minutes. Wizkid and Davido have been paid more than 10m. Even Portable gets paid to sing and dance like a retard.

This act of expecting gospel musicians to swim in poverty has to stop. I am pleased with how they are driving fine cars and living in fine houses. It is good motivation for talents to remain in the vineyard. Else we would keep seeing people like Chidinma and Praise that started off in the church, but entered street to make ends meet.

You are lucky I am not her manager. You would use Gwagon to come pick us from the airport. Churches would make money, but to pay instrumentalist na problem. Person go come use frustration dey beat drum. Cook food for their occasions and they won't want to pay. Decorate for them, they won't pay. Pastor come your shop, he won't want to pay.

Pay her 10m Oga or focus on your inhouse choristers and grow them. Mercy Chinwo started out from a church. Same with Sinach and co!

If I be drummer and church no gree pay me, I will go and drum for Burna Boy or that one that sings ashewo ashewo awusha...kporokpokpo kpompom

DollarSigns:

I think you have missed the point, gospel artists could write and produce songs which they can monetize via streaming activities etc not exorbitant performance fees just to compete with the secular world
The Nigerian breed of gospel artists are entertainers, they’re after the money, a pastor pays her 10m to bring her to his church to spiritually edify the souls of his members, after the church program, he needs to recoup his lost funds, 4 offerings in each 6 services is the goal.
Her high charges is a key precursor of selfishness and greed, to her Christianity is mainly an occupation, a means to an end.
That’s why I ceased taking Nigerian Pastor-preneurs and their likes serious
Christianity in Nigeria is fake, a huge scam, a lying enterprise
No wonder they lost their birthrights to Muslim-Muslim ticket as they deserve
Hypocrites

I didn't miss any point. Since it is the same song, the pastor should listen to his church choir. She is an entertainer and has to pay bills and maintain her brand and team. He can contest the amount, but I will never advise anybody to do things free for Nigerians, they won't appreciate you. Right there in his church there is someone that sings better, but they don't rate him/her.

Mercy Chinwo would pull crowd. Offering would increase that Sunday. Some people would come just because of her. That is brand and it comes at a cost! He should take out of the offering and payyyy.

124 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Ismael97(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Nawao...
Well, I can't blame her. Who no like money? Since the secular musicians like Davido, Wizkid and the likes are charging huge amounts for showz and making money, why should the Gospel artistes no do same?
Gospel music is gradually becoming lucrative.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Paystack: 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her

216 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by seyicodes(m): 12:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please people learn about Islam yourself and not what the media says about Islam. It's the only way to paradise. Please don't curse me.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by superCleanworks(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
The pastors that are inviting singers to move from one state to another with their musical group and all that... what are they expecting?

there are people in your church or even your house that can sing but you want a POP (popular) STAR so be ready to pay all the bills that come with it including flight tickets and 5 star hotels.

All these rockstar Entertainment Pastors are to blame. Abeg pay the girl her money.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by faebenezer5star: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
It's too much 😊
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by juwoonn(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Na to enter studio.. start gospel music be my next Idan move now

But on a serious note the title is misleading. The Rev. Father asked a question and someone from the congregation said 10M.. and he said so it’s now 10M!

All these bloggers and youtubers are just looking for cheap traffic. Nice message from the cleric though.

The main message is that it’s better to help the poor with church funds than to erect gigantic structures.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by handsomeyinka(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
She got bills to pay.

No service is free.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by bennybuhari: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Is the pastor too not doing it for business

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by SkengRay: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
E be things grin grin
Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by OkCornel(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hahaha, una eye never clear for these Sunday shrines abi?

4 Likes

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Sikay19(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
How much to book Asake or Kizz Daniel self shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by superCleanworks(m): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Paystack:
And she'll be singing and crying as if they're not paying her

10 million can put you in the spirit 😁

and the hotel you book for her better be 5 star.

commercial pastors and gospel singers everywhere.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by exotique1fy(f): 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
10 million for anointing to come down! My Gad! cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Throwback: 12:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
The artiste soon realise that the church itself is an enterprise, so they charge the clergy who inturn pass the bill to the customers.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mercy Chinwo Now Charges N10m To Perform In Churches – Rev. Fr. Oluoma by Freelancerr(m): 12:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Lord's Chosen Mopols' Outfit For Their Publicity (Photos) / Zambia Deports Pastor Augustine Oso Ebosele Of Omega Fire Ministries / Imo To Unveil The Tallest Statue Of Jesus Christ In Africa (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.